Article posted May 21, 2012 at 01:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 123

This year has been pretty fun. It was probably the hardest academically, but it was fun. I learned about Greece in Humanities, algebra in Algebra, poems in Language Arts, and the human body in science. What I would change would be the homework. We got a lot of homework compared to in 6th grade. In 8th grade, I want to have as much fun as I did this year. Looking back, I was a little hy to some people that I didn't know. Now, they are my friends and I talk to them a lot. For the incoming 7th graders, have fun=http:// The year goes by way faster when you're having fun. Try doing some sports you couldn't do last year, like football and basketball. 7th grade wll be fun if you make it fun.

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 04:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

International Towne was pretty boring. I was the president of Ghana and I didn't do much. I took over for the customs agent when she was on her break, and that's it. It rea;;y would have been more fun if I had something to do. It seemed like every president was just sitting around while everyone else worked. Also, I didn't really see the cultural piece in doing this. I learned maybe one or two facts that I will actually remember for a while. Other than those two facts, I didn't learn much at I-Towne. The best part about it was being a judge. We got cool wigs and took criminal's money. If there is one thing I could change about I-Towne, it would be the break times. Like I said, I didn't do much, so if I had longer break times, I would have been less bored.

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 04:10 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

My guiding question was: What was the signifigance of the toga in Ancient Rome? I learned that the toga showed citizenship and respect in Rome. Also, although togas look like they would be fun to wear (I was really excited to wear mine), they were a burden to Romans. They were very hot and hard to put on. When I looked at other people's projects, I learned some new facts. For example, I never knew that was a curse on King Tut's tomb. It was very intresting to read about an old myth. It was really fun doing the World History Fair. I learned a lot about togas that I would probably have never known.

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 03:57 AM GMT • comment • Reads 65

"Seed Folks" isn't a very good book, in my opinion. The format of it is new to me, so it's hard to find a character I like the most and least. It's pretty cool how the author made the book so that each character was connected by the garden. It was unique of her to do this, but it made the book not so good. The activities for "Seed Folks" were a little boring. It seemed more like work than fun for the tomato plants in science. For math, it was fun making butterflies and flowers. It's not something I would normally do and I felt goofy doing it, but it was pretty fun. It was like we were back in KinderGarten.

For my World History Fair project, I decided to ask, 'What is the signifigance of the toga in Rome?' I thought this would be fun because togas are cool. I have learned togas show respect and citizenship in Rome. So far, I have done the Process Statement, Conclusion, and some facts about togas. I have my 3D visual done and I just need to add a few more facts to my trifold. I feel like I have done a good job on my project and I deserve an A.

It's sad how cruel the world can be. Just because someone is different, it doesn't make them any less of a human being. Ernest "Ernie" Green tried to tell the world this when he graduated from an all-white school. People around the world watched as he, and fellow African-American students, were bullied in high school just because of their heritage. They did nothing at all, yet everyone hated them. It is nice to know that this discrimination has gone away over the years, but it is sad how cruel we used to be. What we could take away from watching the Little Rock 9 is that no matter what color your skin is, or what is in your heritage, you can make a difference.

Lurking in packages,

Supposedly keeping them safe.

But tormenting openers,

With horrifying sounds.

Like nails on a chalkboard,

It screeches when touched.

Like a dying cat,

It isn’t a good sound.

White all-around,

So boring and dull.

It sound like a siren,

Annoying and horrifying.

Coming in many forms,

You can see it all around.

So dreadful and scary,

It is……….

Styrofoam

It was really weird when we dissected the chicken wing. We eat chicken wings all the time, but we never really take a really long look at it. It was really weird seeing how the muscles and ligaments and joints work. It is basically what goes on in your own body, but from a chicken wing. I'm glad we were able to do it because in a few weeks, we will be dissecting frogs, which would probably gross me out if it weren't for dissecting the chicken wing.

At Arizona State University

The Sun Devils bleed maroon and gold stripes

They always play hard with pride,

Dignity,

And perseverance.

The

Sun Devils dominate

In the exhausting desert

Never giving up, and always fighting.

Article posted February 26, 2012 at 08:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 67

In science, we are learning about cells and what are in them. There are little organ-like things called organelles. They do functions in the cell a lot like organs do for our bodies. Also, we learned the differences between animal cells, plant cells, and bacteria cells. For example, plant cells have little things called chloroplasts which exchange solar energy and water for air and sugar, which the plant uses to feed itself. The best part of the cell unit was looking at the protists from under a microscope. What I didn't like doing was taking all those notes. We wrote two or three pages of notes for the test. We learned a lot about cells.