The best part for me in I towne was all the food. What I would have changed was the break time maybe a little longer. What I thought of the experience was that I did teach a lot about international trade and peace.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 01:15 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

I found that International Town was amazing! I had so much fun. I learned a lot about my country Germany. i learned that it is pretty small. Our language isn't too complicated though. I also learned that Ukrain is really big on food. I didn’t know we were so big with music. I would have gone to more countries if I could do this again. I found being a customs agent was the best job for me. I had a lot of fun with that. I really liked being a peacekeeper. Over all International Town was a wonderful experience.

The experience was cool to be at work. I learned that if you stay at work and work hard the day will go by fast. I would change the room size. The best part was Mexico

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 09:50 AM GMT • comment • Reads 72

I thought the international town was a lot of fun. I was a currency exchanger in Singapore. After handing out the money for a while, I memorize what the money equals in another region. I had a lot of fun traveling to different countries. I had a slushy from Mexico; I made a mask in Ghana; and saw a movie in India. If I could change anything in I-town, I would make the products in each country to be good as the slushy in Mexico.

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 04:10 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

I enjoyed I-Towne but I was a little disappointed about how small and lack of material there was.(My brother ruined it for me, he told me everything before I went.) Wow who ever came up with that creative idea, thinks out side the box. I just think it needs to bee bigger! I learned a lot about how to manage your money and to get people to buy your products. I love hanging out with my friends and having a day off of school, great field trip!

I thought the experience was good. I think it taught us to be inter dependent. I learned from that demonstration that you rely on other people for things like in Singapore they were short of Mid Afri notes and Egypt lent us a lot. If I were leading I-Town I would allow for people to set their price to use the radio, bank, shipping, etc. I think that the best part was when I had to file and organize a lot of money and paper work.

I loved I-Towne it was really fun I felt like a real grown-up. I was a food prep at Ukraine I got to make cookies it was really fun. I learned how to exchange money and what other people in other contries do. If I could change one thing it would be for us to have a longer brake and for there to be beter suviniors. I think the best part was going around to other people and seeing what they do and tateing the food.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 04:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

Well, last year I went to Young Ameritowne last. I wasn’t fun at all. But International Towne was really fun. I thought the experience was great. I learned to always watch the time and how to exchange money. I would make some stores a little bigger; once customers came it got really crowded. The best part was finding different music to play and the soda.

The experience of International Towne was great.  My country was India and I worked in a Threatre.  It was interesting to watch the Indian movies that were being shown.  I learned that in you can't drink a slush puppie in the middle of the world.  You get arrested for that.  I also learned that Greece supplies alot of goods to different countries.  I wouldn't change anything because this is the best field trip I have ever been on.  The best part of this experience was getting the slush puppie drink in Mexico. 

I really liked International Towne, it was really fun. In 5th grade I went to the same place except it was Young Ameritowne, then I couldn’t wait till 7th grade. I think it was a really fun and educational experience for us, so I am glad we had the opportunity to go. I learned a lot about other countries how they speak and what they sell. I also learned how to spend my money wisely. If I could change anything it would probably be the breaks. I think the breaks were really short and it didn’t give us enough time to go everywhere for a decent time. I think the best part was the free stuff, I think it was really fun to buy whatever you wanted and it was basically free!

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 03:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 70

International Towne was really fun! It was definiatly not what I expected. It was a bit smaller than I imagined it to be. I was an artisan in Mexico. One of the many things I learned was that exchanging money into different currencies takes a lot of time out of your day. I really think this trip should've been a bit longer especially for the amount of time we spent preparing. My favorite part of this whole experience was selling the sodas and slirpies in the huge, colorful sombreros.

International Towne was pretty fun. It was fun to write up a bunch of forms as Finance Minister. I also thought it was fun to look around and find products to by. Unlike Young Ameritowne, you got to change the prices of the products. That was pretty fun. In the experience, I learned to keep track of your money. I dropped my stack of money at the very end of my first brake and I couldn't find it. I only bought my passport photo, a chocolate coin, and a drink (which I got arrested for). If I could change something, I would change the amount of work the Finance Ministers get. I found myself with nothing to do shortly after lunch. I would also change the length. I think it would be more enjoyable if we were there for three or four days. Then, you can see what prices are just right for the economy and go to more places and buy more things in different countries. I think that the best part is the morning because you are just getting accustomed to your work station and your job.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 02:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

The first thing I noticed about International Towne was how small it is. I didn't expect it to be huge, but I thought it would be bigger. We could barely fit everyone in the center circle. The second thing I noticed was how short our visit was. We spent over a month planning for it, then we spent a couple hours there and left. The time we spent there was fun, though. My country, Greece, ended up with +67 EuRussia dollars. It now occurs to me that I never actually visited the entire section of AmeriLat. Oops. The thing I would have done differently would be to have started the cultural activities sooner. I barely had time to finish them. But then again, no one has time to finish anything at International Towne.

The learning experience was great. I learned that I don't have to buy stuff to have fun. Plus I got to learn how to make a wallet out of paper. One thing I would change is to maybe decorate the place a little. Like the roof looked kinda ugly with the nails showing and all. It woulld be nice to at least paint that so that it looks better. I really can't decide what the best part was, but it was all very fun, so thats a good thing.

I thought I-Towne was a lot of fun. For some reason I thought it going to be a little bigger but that really didn't make a big difference. It was definitely a experience that I think we could all learn form. I thought I learned a lot even from when we started preparing. I learned what I need to do on a job application, and I could take in this to know how to make the poeple want me to work wherever I want to work. I also enjoyed the trip very much. I enjoyed being a finance minister because I liked dealing with the money. The only thing I wished was different was how long the breaks were because it wasn't veryt long...I think the best part was the hats!! I know a lot of people didn't like them, and I probably looked a bit weird, but I loved them sooo much!! Hahaha!! Anyways, I really liked I -Towne!!!

I thought the time spent at International Towne was great. I was never very good at economics, but I learned a lot from I-Towne. I was a Freight Forwarder in Greece. It was really fun, especially the mail runs. I can't really think of anything I would change, except for maybe extending the time spent there.

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 02:53 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

I had a great time at international towne. Everything there was really fun. I learned lots of stuff about other cultures, but the biggest thing I learned was how to exchange money. At first, it was really difficult, but eventually I got the hang of it. One thing I would change is the size. It is just so small and compact. I felt like I could barely move. My favorite part was definitely the slushies. They were so good and refreshing. Overall, I had a great time.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 01:29 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

International Towne, like Ameri Towne before it, was a very interesting experience. It was kind of interesting to see how everyone had to rely on each other for things to get done.There isn't really anything major I would change. The only thing I can think of is longer breaks. The best part was definitely going on break and going to all the other "countries", but my job was very fun too. I spent the majority of the time working the Slushee machines over in Mexico. Because they are so popular among us middle-schoolers the Shlushees were selling like, well... Like Slushees. In the end they all sold out, but by the time they did we were very, VERY rich. Note to self: If I ever start an expensive endeavor, make sure it's backed by a Slushee Company.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 01:32 AM GMT • comment • Reads 89

I think the experience was good. I really think it will help all of us on later on in our lives. I learned a lot about trade and economy and how you have to just charge through the problems you face (finacially too). If I could change anything it would be to go to International Towne for a longer period of time it was so much fun!!!! Everything was the best part.

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 02:53 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

At International Towne I had fun. I was the president of Costa Rica. It was really cool and the president really didn't have much to do or many responsibilities so, that was nice. I learned that you need to spend your money. I ended up with a lot of money left and not so much to buy. But, I know in the real world you have to be responsible and save your money. The best pat was lunch. I was super hungry until lunch came. I also liked advertising the merchendise to customers. One thing I didn't like was the 6 activities we were required to do. I felt like I had to rush through them in order to get them all done. Also, one last thing I didn't like is being a jury. It was really boring and felt like a waste of time. I would have rather been participating in Towne. Those are my thoughts on International Towne.

International Towne was a lot better than I expected. As president of Mexico my job was to keep track of my citizens and if necessary, I had to fill in for their job if they were to go on break. This was a really hard job. Sometimes my citizens wouldn’t listen to me or they would take extra long breaks. During this field trip I learned the importance of relationships between countries. Countries depend on each other for money and supplies. The best part was being a judge for the Tribunal meeting. I got to decide if the people were guilty or innocent. The only change I would make would be to make the break time a little longer because it was very hard to do six cultural activities and make it back on time. But besides that, International Towne was a really fun experience.

My experience at international towne was interesting in a lot of ways. I got to be a reporter so interviewing people I was basically never in my country. What I leaned is how to write my name in hieroglyphics. I would change the kids deciding on if there guilty or not because I was arrested for an unfair reason and found guilty because they didn’t like me. The best part was getting stuff they were fun to mess with.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 03:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

I found I-towne to be a great experience. I learned how to run my own business, exchange money, and I also learned about the different cultures and how each one of them had something different. I don’t think I would have changed anything. Probably the best part of I-towne was how we got to actually buy items with fake money, and also how we got to wear the hats.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 12:12 AM GMT • comment • Reads 57

I learned that I love being behind the camera and just how much work being a Photojournalist is! ( missed my second break because of the work! XD) it was super fun, I enjoyed it and I have to say my favorite part would be when I was making the commercials for everyone and then recording the interview!  Working the camera is just so much fun when I don’t have to say anything or be in front of it! XD ( I know, miss antisocial will soon get herself hurt because she cant speak up very well.) if I were to change anything, it would be the amount of time people get for breaks and that they have their breaks written down and carried with them, that way they don’t miss them. and if they did miss them, they would get to trade breaks with someone else. ( I was sad that I had missed my second breaks!)

Article posted May 12, 2012 at 01:50 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

International Towne. The other Day was International Towne Was a fun experience. I was a Finish Carpenter. My job was very hard… We had to make toolboxes for he teachers. I really enjoyed the challenge that it was. Although, I did enjoy the challenge, it was not my favorite part of I-Towne. My favorite part of I-Towne was the Ukraine cookies. They were very, very, very good. The thing that I think I learned that is helpful later in life is that some currencies have more value than others. If I could change one thing it is that in my country we would be able to sell actual wood products, instead of plastic glasses and rubber bouncy balls.

Article posted May 12, 2009 at 06:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

My experience at I Towne was extremely fun and awesome. I think it will help me when I get older and look for a job. It teaches you how to trade with the world and communicate with the world. I learned that the world depends on each other; also it is a giant trading post. I wouldn’t have changed anything because I think it was good how it was and it was the right size. The best part was me being able to take photos of different things and traveling the world.

I think my favorite part were the bus rides. Those were really entertaining=http://! Anyways, I really want to go back, even though I can’t. It was SUPER fun=http://=http://!! I learned that running your own country was a lot harder than I thought it would be!!!! It was sort of stressful, but I think it was a fun kind of stressful, because without anything to do, how would it be fun?!?! If I could change something, I would probably get the different countries to sell cooler stuff, and let us get paid more, but it worked out, so… yeah. Fun.

International Towne was a lot smaller than I expected. As finance minister of Germany my job was to keep track of all the money and make sure we made a profit. That was a relatively easy job. During this field trip I learned the importance of relationships between countries. Countries depend on each other for money and supplies. Something that I would definitely change is the break time I would make it longer because it was very hard to get in six cultural activities and make it back on time. But with that aside, International Towne was a really entertaining experience.

I think International Town was fun and really tiring. I learned that selling a bunch of slushies and sodas are a lot more tiring than it seems! I would make more time for the breaks because I had no time to get any activities done,(time goes by really fast!)I think getting to eat cookies and drinking sodas were the best part.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 01:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 67

I learned that I should keep better track of my money because I eventually ran out of it. I think this was a great experience and learned a lot. If I could change anything a bit, I would change the rule about the running and nothing except selling was exciting I do wish that Greece could have shipped more stuff. Singapore got all the fun because people would constantly go there. We still had tons of products. I heard that some people in Germany were so desperate that they pinned people up against the wall and forced them to by their product. The best part was seeing my friends in funny hats. I think India had the best hats because they had fezzes. All in all, it was really fun.

I thought International Towne was a pretty cool experience. We were lucky because a lot of other kids will probably never get the chance to go there. I thought it would be similar to Young AmeriTowne, but it was actually a lot different. It was a lot smaller and I was more busy than I was in Young AmeriTowne. I kind of learned about how international buisness works. I would make the brakes longer. Since they were only 15 minutes long, I felt rushed to get to all of the countries. I think the best part was getting to buy things and do the cultural activities.

I enjoyed my day at International Towne. It was a cool experience to run the town, and have so much control of how the day went. I liked how the break schedule was organized so that not more than three people were gone at a time. However, I felt annoyed when the people in my country didn’t follow that schedule. It was hard to do six jobs at once. When I was trying to do my work as financial minister, I had to stop what I was doing and greet people. It was hard to manage my time and figure out just what I could do for everyone else in my country. I wish the breaks had been longer. Fifteen minutes was not enough to get what I wanted to done. The best part of this experience was being in charge of your own money. I think that it was good to know how much of each currency I had and plan what I was going to buy accordingly. I learned that it was best to talk to your president if you have any problems. They can solve the problem easily because they can help steer you in the right direction. I think that International Town was a really interesting and fun field trip.

I-Towne was a really fun experience. I loved being able to work and take brakes. I particularly enjoyed going to other countries and exploring the Towne. I learned money and time management through working and shopping. I really thought selling the newspaper was fun and coming back with so much money. I would love to do I-Towne again.

I thought that I-Towne was a great experience. I learned what it was like to be a finance minister of Mexico. Even though the title seems boring, being a finance minister was actually not that hard and fun! The people and volunteers at I-Towne were really helpful. They told me exactly what I needed to do and get done. Although some parts of the day seemed rushed, it was really fun. I liked to go around the different countries and see what they had in their country. I think that being a finance minister has taught me a little life lesson about money and countries trade.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 01:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 138

I had sooo much fun at I-towne! Is was an amazing experiance! I learned about how countries rely on others for things they need, and trade, and about the different careers. The only thing I would change is that we should get longer breaks so that we can travel to more countries and have more time for the acticities. I guess the best part was getting paid our salary, because then we could go purchase whatever we wanted, and to get to participate in some of the cultural activities. Overall, it was sooooooooo much fun!!

I LOVED International Towne! It was a great experience for me, but it wasn’t the first one for me because I went to Young AmeriTowne in elementary school. I learned how to exchange that $, how to do the paper work there, and what things to sell. One thing that I would change would be to make it a longer day there because it was REALLY short. The best part for me was being there with my friends and buying lots of things from there. So this all was a good experience to me.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 03:12 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

International Towne was a great experience. I liked how each country was unique. I learned what each country's culture is like. I would somehow have us get to stay longer so that we could have longer breaks. The best part was getting to buy the souvenirs!

I thought the experience was fun and everything was so organized. I liked it. I learned that some things you do when your young, usually wont end up happening when your older because your more immature when your younger than when your older.If I could change anything, it would probably be the size of the room because the thing was pretty small. If I could I would make the room bigger. The best part was the sodas, the slushies, and the flowers from Mexico and Costa Rica. Thats what I thougt about International Towne.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 02:14 AM GMT • comment • Reads 75

The best part of I Towne for me was working. I LOVED my job. I was the currency exchange specialist in Singapore so I was always busy. I got bored of working near the end though but it always kept me busy and that’s a good thing because I was never bored. One thing I would change is a longer time. If we had a longer time we could have had longer breaks and longer breaks could result in people not having as much currency left over. Because I was the currency exchange specialist I got to see how much currency was left over and it was A LOT!!! I didn’t have very much left over because my mom was there and when my final break was over I gave her my left over currency and told her to go buy random stuff. It was fun looking through my bad on the bus ride home and seeing all the things she got me. She must have token my “go buy RANDOM things” seriously because most of the stuff she got was extremely RANDOM!!! If I learned anything from this experience it was that working is tough and you have to try your best to be successful.

I thought this was a good experience to go have something hands on to do. I did not personally learn anything except for all the culture stuff that we were taught in class. If I could change anything, I think I would change the curriculum to be focused on the economic side of the experience. We never talked about that and that was really the thing that I was looking forward to in this experience. That is why Ameritowne was better. That and I had to have one of the staff walk me through when I had to fill out certain forms for my job. My favorite part was getting to exchange currency when one of the specialists was gone. I figured out a trick that made it really fast to do so I was just zipping through “customers”. Overall, it was a good experience but it was lacking on the global economics side.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 01:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

International Towne was the best ever! I thought it was a great experience to keep track of money and a good day to travel the world. I learned how to pay bills and hope to organize your country. I also learned about spending and keeping a budget of what you want to buy. I would change the location so that we had walls. There were a lot of crowds. I would make so there were ticket windows to exchange money for your product. I would also add more work to everyone, and if I could I would make a whole week long so that we could learn to save and spend more rather than just spending it all. The best part was when we were busy and I liked paying the bills and opening ceremonies. I really enjoyed this and hope that maybe we could do it again.

I-Towne was an interesting trip. I was surprised at how small the room was. The entire experience was fun for multiple reasons. I got to miss actual school, which is always good. I felt like the breaks were too short. By the time I was done doing the currency exchange, I was out of time. I feel like everyone will say this, but my favorite part was the sodas and slushees in Mexico. I bought 2 pepsis and 2 slushees. If I could change one thing, I would change the length of the breaks. Overall, I really enjoyed I-Towne.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 02:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

I think it was a very worthwhile expirience that was a blast. I loved seeing my friends working their jobs in different countries, buying different products, and managing my own job in my country. International Towne definitely taught me how to handle money better and manage a buisness/ country. If I could change anything, I would go to Mexico and get food, go to Ukraine and get lots of cookies and chocolate-covered raisins, request a song, and participate more in making the newspaper. Overall, it was worth all the preparation and time we spent learning how to do our jobs. The best part for me was going on break and getting to spend my money how I wanted and get what I wanted. It was nice for once to be the one with the "whip."

International Towne was very fun! I thought it was interesting to see all the different countries and the jobs that each person had. I learned a lot but the main thing that I learned was how to exchange money. The only thing I would change would probably be the time of breaks. I would’ve liked them to be longer so we could see more and do more things in I-Towne. The best part was probably being able to "work" for a day and learn how to be responsible.

International Towne was very fun. I think it was interesting to learn what it would be like to have to actually sell stuff. I learned that selling what you have may not always be easy because of people not wanting what you have and wanting something that someone else had. My country was close to the bank so we saw lots of people that we convinced to buy stuff from us. If I could change anything it would be the break times. I would make the break times longer so people wouldn't have to rush to buy stuff. I think the best part was serving as president because we got to wear the the funny wigs and decide if citizens were guilty or inoccent.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 03:29 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

I really liked the experienced because I got to learn a lot. I learned about what some countries do internationally. The best part was getting to do the activities.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 01:45 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

International Towne was great. I didn't expect it to be that fun. I wasn't really looking foward to it but, it turned out to be awesome! I learned how to spend money wisely and learned about our country. If I were to change something I would change the lunch system. I didn't like to sit on the floor and eat. Other than that, it was all good. My favorite memory of International Towne was, being the customs agent. I enjoyed selling items from our country, meeting new people, and stamping their passports. I loved International Towne and I wish I could go there again!

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 03:06 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

The I-Towne experience for me was so amazing! I got to visit countries all around the world,(a room but they are almost the same thing!) and experience what a real job would be like in an office! I had so much fun! At first i was really nervous because a ton of my friends from different teams said that th UK(my country) went into debt because no one bought the newspaper. I was scared until we sold all of our 39 newspapers and found out that we gained money and stayed out of debt!! I had loads of fun doing my job because I got to travel even if it was not my break and talk to everyone! I love to talk so I feel like this job was perfect for me! I would nopt change a thing from I-Towne because I loved all of it! I already mentioned that being a reporter in general was my favorite part because I love to talk to people and I love to move around!!

International Towne was okay in my opinion. I did, however, learn a thing or two. I learned that newspapers sell well and that being a Finance Minister isn't that hard. If I could have changed anything it would be the breaks. They were really short so you didn't have time to do much. I thought that the best part was lunch because I was really hungry that day.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 03:14 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

Well, I thought that it would be a lot different. As in the whole building. I learned that going to other countries may be a little scary, but it's really fun. If I could change something I would change the size of the place, I mean China was smaller than my bathroom. The best thing was probably the time off.

I really enjoyed international towne. It was cool to pretend to be in a buisness and function like one. My favorite part was hanging out in mexico with friends and playing video games. I thought it was cool that we could do what we wanted with are money and there wasn't really any guidence. The thing I would have changed is that we had to pay for are passport and if we didn't we could go to court. Overall, International towne was really cool and fun.

My experience at ITowne was awesome! I thought the place was very cool and that everything went very smoothly. I learned how to do money management by not spending all my money. I would have probably changed the break time because it seemed like a very short time to be on break. The best part for me was getting to be independent and spending my money the way I wanted to.

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

I thought that the International Towne was really fun to go to(although I thought it would of been much bigger! I learned that the money is a lot different in different parts of the world. I knew that money was not the same anywhere on Earth but I didn't really think about it that much. I wouldn't really change anything about it except maybe you should tell the students that International Towne is NOT big! I think the best part was the part where I got to delever the supplies to the other countries and get to sell stuff to other people.

I think the experience was kind of boring because we really didn’t get that long of breaks. I learned that we as a world rely on one another. I would change how long we stayed and what was there. The best part was when we sold out of the green tea in china.

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

I think I-town wasn't worth the 32 dollors. I thought it was going to be bigger. I also thought it would be less looking like a big office room and look like a cool hall way were you had to go though a door to get into the country. I learned that all the countrites have to lean on another country for supplies and tourists to come to their country for them to survive. I would change the size because it was so small. I would also change the look because it looked like a office building. There also needs to be doors to all the countries because some people just came in and took stuff from us. The best part was the drinks and food in Mexico.

I liked it; but not as much as Young Ameritowne in fifth grade. In Itowne we learned only currency exchange. We didn't focus on the economics as much as I think we should have. The best part was the food. I enjoyed International Towne, but only just.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 02:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 66

International Towne was soooooooooooo fun!! I thought it was going to be a lot bigger but it worked out the way it was. I learned that exchanging your money into different counties money is a lot easier than you think. I won’t want anything to change because our country earned more money than we were suppose too, I had lots of fun, and I did my job correctly. The best part of international Towne was all of the different countries. It was fun to see all the props and things every country had. I think that I-Towne was a great experience. It helped us learn how to exchange money and do stuff around the world. I-Towne was super fun!

I think the field trip to international towne was a very good learning experience for all of us. I learned that having a job is a much bigger resposibility than I thought. I think the people that worked there could have been a bit more helpfull in telling us things we need to do for our job. The best part was all the stuff that we got there. That is what i think abou the experience at international towne.

I thought it was the best field trip I have ever been on! People there were so helpful and everything was easy to work with! I learned how to speak during a commercial and how to make a commercial. Because I was the TV Reporter! I would have changed the break times. Just extend the time by 5 minutes! The best part was going around eating food and making commercials!!!

I think that International Towne was very fun. We learned a lot. One thing was different currencies can have different amounts of money but they all could be equal. You could have 10 PacAsia notes and 20 AmeriLat notes but they are equal. One thing that I would change is our time. We need a longer break time, but the actual work time was good. One other thing that I would change would be the amount of people per job. For example I was a Finance Minister. When people would take their breaks other people would have to take over even if they didn’t know the jobs. I had to start selling stuff, even though that wasn’t my job, so that would be the other thing that I would change. My favorite part was having our breaks and getting our money. It was fun being able to bring things back from International town. I think that International Towne was a lot of fun.

During the time of International Towne, I had a great time. I was the president of Egypt and worked really hard. The thing I learned most from this experience is that once you work hard, you feel good. I expressed this by working hard at my job then going on breaks and enjoying International Towne. While I was on my breaks I mostly spent my money to get food and objects to enjoy later. The country, Ukraine, had really good cookies. Those were some of the best cookies I have ever had. Also during my breaks, I would go to Mexico to have a nice slushee. This was really good because I love lemonade and the slushees just happened to be lemonade. While working, I learned the importance of running a business and being successful. This will help us in the future with multiple life skills. If I could change International Towne I would make it bigger. For some reason International Towne wasn't that big. Overall, I loved this experience to learn and have fun because I highly recremmend it to future 7th graders.

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 02:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

I have mixed opinions about iTowne. Some aspects were good, but, some of which I am about to share with you is undesirable. I learned almost nothing but how things are transported from country to country. I learned more in Ameritowne. I really didn’t think the video selection for India was quite appealing to a middle school. Their selection is a movie in Hindi and some travel films. That will repel the average middle school kid at the sight of it. The only good parts in all of iTowne were the breaks, but, I lost five minutes of my first break because the lady in the blue coat was helping me fill forms. Then I spent another five minutes in line for Singapore. I could only hit Egypt for the picture and Japan for the wallet activity. Really, overall I disliked much of the aspects of iTowne.

I thought that International Towne was a really enriching and fun experience. I learned a lot. I learned how to handle my money when doing foreign exchange. My favorite thing was being able to work the sound board in Germany. If I could change anything I would change the foreign exchange so that it will have a service rate on it because that happens a lot when you are really traveling to other countries. Over all, I really liked going to International Towne and it was a really fun field trip.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 02:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

Over all the International Towne experience was a blast. The event provided a good break and a great learning opportunity. I learned the basics of converting currency and how to fill out forms having to do with finance. The one thing I would change about this field trip would be that we should have longer travel times to see all the countries, but other than that, the trip was great.

Article posted May 5, 2012 at 03:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 64

I thought that International towne was a fun experience. It was fun to act like an adult for a day. I learned how to be a judge, as part of the tribunal. I wouldn't change anything. The best part was break time because I got to "travel" around other countries.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 04:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 65

Wow. International Towne was very..... interesting. Although it wasn't like I imagined, it was still fun and exciting. What I liked about I-towne was that it was based on a real-life situation, not an imaginary problem or setting. I admit, I was a bit disappointed in the size of I-towne.... but you know, atleast its there=http:// My favorite part of I-towne was going around and "traveling". It was interesting what other people were doing in their countries. As I walked around, I saw many different souveneirs and I learned a lot of things from this experience. I would rank it three stars out of five.

I think that I-Towne was an amazing experience! It was a lot of fun! I definitely learned a lot, especially about independence. I wish we had a longer time, we worked so hard for nothing, really. The breaks were super short, so by the time I got money it was time to go back. My favorite part was looking at what each country had to offer, it was very unique. Overall, I really liked I-Towne.

I loved I-towne! The experience and the things they taught you was amazing and fun! If I could have changed anything it would be my job. I loved it I just wish I had a more fun and more like-me job. The best part was the tart slushes! Those were really good!

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 02:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

This field trip was the best field trip ever. I really enjoyed the setting most of all. They made it look really cool and eye appealing. It makes me want to become an architect. The overall experience was very intriguing. The most interesting thing to me was how much stuff you could buy with one currency, and how little stuff you could buy with the other. That was the lesson I will take from international towne and use every day. That information can help me decide were to go on vacation. I might want to go to Mexico instead of Italy because of the currency exchange rates. I would love to go on this field trip over and over again.

I think that I-Towne was great. It was lots of fun. I learned how to keep a schedule and budget. I think the best part was getting to build the pencil boxes, that was lots of fun because we got to use hammers and I love to work with my hands. I would have liked to stay longer, but other than that I wouldn’t change anything.

I thought International town was awesome. The first ting I noticed was it was small, the room form countries could have been a bit bigger I think, because in my country the room was way to crowded. I learned a little bit about each country, and I learned what a Customs Agents do. The best part of it was doing my job that was pretty cool. I liked how there was different types of money for each section of the world.

I loved I towne it was really fun and exiting.The best part was the slurpies. They were sooooooooo good i loved them. The worst part was it was small. I would have made it way bigger. But overall it was really fun I loved it

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 02:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

International Towne was okay. The presentation was really good and it seemed very professional and real. For me it was stressful! At one point I was all alone in my country! I don’t know how it happened but I felt very stressed especially then. I learned that you don’t have a lot of free time when you work; it is actually really fun being an artisan and get people to buy stuff. During International Towne I had to step outside of my comfort zone a little bit. If I could change one thing it would be the price and the supplies in Ghana for mask making were all dried out and empty, not very useable. The best part of International Towne was selling products to the customers. In all, I’m glad I experienced International Towne.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 01:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

The I.T experience was OK. I learned how to use money in different countries. If I could change any thing it would be to make the place bigger that way every one would have more space to do there own things. the best part was that we manly got the stuff for free.

I had so much fun at International town, this was a great experience because I actually felt like I had a job and had to earn my money and I felt proud of myself for all my hard work that I did. At International town I learned what the flags looked like and what kind of hats/ traditions they do like Korea they had origami and Israel had a mineral test. If I had to change something I would make the breaks longer because some people wouldn't have enough time to get their activities done in time, I would also change what we would sell because I was in India and not many people came because we had lame movies, banana chips, and little key chains and not a lot of people wanted the stuff we had. The best part for me was feeling that I was needed and had a real job and that we could go to other countries and buy/ keep the thing we wanted.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 03:01 AM GMT • comment • Reads 177

The first thing that I noticed at Internatioal Towne was how small it is. I thought that it would be a lot bigger. Everybody had to squeeze together in the center circle. My country was Singapore and we made +104 Pacasia notes. One thing I would have done differently was the breaks. I wish they were longer so we would have time to do our cultural activities.Overall, I thought it was okay.

International Towne was really fun. My job was a disk jockey in Germany.(That was really fun)I learned that working is not just about having fun. If I could change something I would get longer breaks. I would have longer breaks because I didn't have enough time to do anything. I only got three activities done. I would only go back to I-Towne if it was another school thing I would not go for a summer camp. I also think that I-towne was not worth 35 dollers.

I loved International Towne! It was the best field trip that I’ve ever been to. I think that this is going to help me a lot in the future. I learned that getting a job is hard and making that job succeed is hard too. If I could change anything, it would be that we should be able to stay longer. I think that it was too short. The best part of this experience was when I got to work at my country because I love selling things and my job was the museum guide. I love helping people and talking to them.

Article posted May 18, 2012 at 02:10 AM GMT • comment • Reads 105

I've learned so much this year. I'm going to miss my friends and teachers. The part when I learned a lot was successful, but the fact that we didn't get through everything was unsatisfactory. From seventh grade, I learned so much! I learned a lot academically, but I also learned about life. I learned that once you have it, it is what it is and that you can't change it. This is a lesson I will remember for my whole life. If I were to evaluate team 743, I think that it's great! the teachers were great, the students were too and if we keep this up, I believe that team 743 will be a phenomenal team. When I go into 8th grade, I want to change my habit of freaking out over the smallest things. I'm sure you've all seen me do this. If I were to talk to a next year's seventh grader I would tell them not to be scared and have fun. After all, you're not the youngest ones anymore!

International Towne was different from every other thing I have done in my whole entire life. What I thought of the experience was this is great. When I learned about how to do my job I thought it sounded complicated, but when I found out what I really had to do it didn't sound that hard anymore. What I learned is why countries trade with other countries, the cultures for other countries, and how interdependence is involved in International Towne. If I could change anything about my visit to International Towne is I would do all of the culture activities I needed to do first then I would go and buy the things I wanted. The best part I think was my job, because I was under a lot of pressure and it helped me learn that I could be fast and efficient at the same time. 

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 04:42 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

Overall I really enjoyed my experience at International Town. My job was currency exchange specialist in Singapore. At times my job was a little stressful because I ran out of a certain currency and nobody else had it, therefore, I could not meet the needs of the customers. I also felt a little rushed at the beginning because in order for anyone to shop in different countries, they had to come to the Singapore to get their money exchanged. There was a long line of customers and I felt like I did not get caught up until the end of the break. Then the rush of customers began all over again. This experience was nice because it showed us the importance of trade and what it is like to have a job. The only thing I would change is the length of the brake times because I felt a little overwhelmed, but overall it was a good experience and I would do it again.

I think the experience was really awesome. The thing that I learned was how to it feels to travel the world. I would change were I was and the place I would change to is Mexico. The best part was when I got to travel every weir.

At international towne, it wasn’t the best field trip. The breaks were too short and the areas were too small. However, I did learn that a lot of math is involved with businesses and financing. As a finance manager of Finland, I needed to keep track of expenses. Though when some of my country’s citizens were on breaks, I had to keep track and sell souvenirs. I did like selling the souvenirs as well as paying expenses. The most ridiculous thing on the field trip was when we had to get six cultural activities done. I only got four of them done out of the total thirty minutes of the two breaks. However, the actual experience was better than being in a classroom.

Article posted May 12, 2012 at 02:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

I think my experience at International Towne was filled with fun and education. The most fun part of it was that I had to work to earn money to spend just like I would have to in the real world. Another fun time was when I bought a lot of cool souvenirs. I learned that it's harder than it looks to make beaded bracelets under pressure. I wasn't expecting it to be so cramped in our countries. I would change International Towne so that we would have more space to work in our countries.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 12:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 57

International Towne was a pretty good experience overall. If I could change one thing about International Towne it would be the size. I was honestly a little disappointed about how small the facility was. I imagined the place to be a bit bigger and less condensed and crowded.  I even feel like Young AmeriTowne was bigger. But, enough of the negativity, the trip was pretty good. I learned how countries can become interdependent. My country relied on other countries citizens to buy our products so we could succeed. Another example of interdependence is trading. One country relies on another to give it a resource to sell or help produce a product. Without its shipment, the country that needed it would be sunk. For me the best part of International Towne was being able to travel around and buy souvenirs. I got a souvenir or product from every region. It was pretty cool to see all the countries’ goods and services. I especially liked the slushies from Mexico.  Overall, International Towne was a good time and experience.

Article posted May 12, 2012 at 03:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

When I went to International Towne I thought it was a fun experience. I was in the United Kingdom which meant I was a reporter and that was also a fun experience. I learned that you need to know how to work a lot of things in life to get a good job like I had to be careful what I put in the newspaper and as I was going around to all the countries I noticed that you need to work hard and know what to do other wise you will fail. If anything I would change what I spent my money on because you have to be careful and make sure your money is worth it. I think the best part was that everyone had a good time and I have always wanted to be a reporter so this was a good experience for the future.

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 04:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

International Towne was pretty boring. I was the president of Ghana and I didn't do much. I took over for the customs agent when she was on her break, and that's it. It rea;;y would have been more fun if I had something to do. It seemed like every president was just sitting around while everyone else worked. Also, I didn't really see the cultural piece in doing this. I learned maybe one or two facts that I will actually remember for a while. Other than those two facts, I didn't learn much at I-Towne. The best part about it was being a judge. We got cool wigs and took criminal's money. If there is one thing I could change about I-Towne, it would be the break times. Like I said, I didn't do much, so if I had longer break times, I would have been less bored.

That was fun. I was a customs agent, so the best part for me would be working as a peacekeeper. That was definetly the highlight of my day. I learned that if you work as a customs agent, there is always work. My hands were full with passports and making change for purchased items. If I could change anything, I would give us more time. The day felt extremely rushed, which hindered me from enjoying the experience.

I thought the whol experience was so interesing. I have never done anything like that before, so I really liked it. I learned that it is very important to keep track of money, and to use it wisely. I thought the best part was the bus ride, to be honest. I loved it how the bus driver played music all the way there, and back. I thought that was really cool. One thing I would change are the break times. I didn't have enough time to do alot, so I would make break times a little longer. Also, I thought some people were really bored, like the presidents and finance ministers had nothing to do. Overall, it was a pretty good experience.

I thought the experience was good but too much preparation for such a small activity. I learned that Mexico’s money is pesos. I would change the size if I could. The best part of the whole thing was that the kids were in charge.