7th grade has been fun for me. I have made lots of new friends and met lots of new people. I believe for me 7th grade was a successful year because I learned new things everyday and I took all that knowledge in. In ways things were confusing to me and I never learned them and I didn’t ask for help which didn’t help me solve that problem, so that was un-successful. I learned how to find the area of a circle, how to write a persuasive speech, how the human body works, and I learned all about the history of Greece and China. I learned lots of new things but some things I would change would be to pay attention more in class instead of talking to my friends and I would of worked more hard and lots of projects. When I go into 8th grade I will definitely change those but in 8th grade I will have to meet all new people and I want to make sure I make a good impression on them so I will change the way I say things to people in 8th grade and make sure everything I say is the right thing. For the new 7th graders………you probably already know this but MAKE SURE YOU TURN IN WORK ON TIME!

Article posted May 12, 2012 at 03:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

When I went to International Towne I thought it was a fun experience. I was in the United Kingdom which meant I was a reporter and that was also a fun experience. I learned that you need to know how to work a lot of things in life to get a good job like I had to be careful what I put in the newspaper and as I was going around to all the countries I noticed that you need to work hard and know what to do other wise you will fail. If anything I would change what I spent my money on because you have to be careful and make sure your money is worth it. I think the best part was that everyone had a good time and I have always wanted to be a reporter so this was a good experience for the future.

Article posted May 12, 2012 at 02:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

I think world history influences us today by just having to learn about the past. When we learn about history it gives us a picture of what the world before us was and how it worked. It tells us what happened then and how different it was from our generation. So my guiding question was how did the Battle of Actium affect Cleopatra’s life? I learned a lot of things about her and the life style back then and how people acted. The most interesting part for me was learning about how different the people were back then and how they acted around other citizens. In Cleopatra’s time citizens would bow before their ruler and not break the law in any way because the punishment was horrible but people now days break the law all the time and usually the only thing they get is jail time. Back then it was sudden death, hanging, execution or even slow death.

When it was our teams turn to go look around at the other team’s projects it was interesting. They did all different projects. When I would ask them about their projects they were way different then mine. I found a lot of people did Cleopatra but not all of them had the same guiding question or information, it was all different. I learned that I didn’t know all about Cleopatra’s life, there was some stuff I didn’t learn at all like how she married her brother and that she wasn’t really Egyptian she was Greek.

I like the book so far. I think I like the girl from the beginning the best because she was the one who started the whole planting/ farming thing in the vacant lot. After reading some of it I really think the “big idea” about the book is everyone leaning to share and be creative in their own way with planting a garden. So far in my classes I have done 3 activities with teachers making flowers/butterflies with cans, listening to music, and planting tomatoes. My favorite one so far would be the planting the tomatoes because it gives a real experience in what planting seeds is like and how it feels to make your own kind of creation.

Article posted April 18, 2012 at 01:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 108

Well my project is on the Battle of Actium. I haven’t had a great time finding my research but I finally got into some sites where I was able to get some information. It is actually coming along pretty well because my research is fascinating and I think some people will actually want to listen to me. I have learned a lot of new things that I never knew before like it wasn’t even about Cleopatra but she was involved and after the battle , Cleopatra died. I believe my project is going great so far.

Article posted April 15, 2012 at 02:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

Life is a magical thing

We learn, grow, love, laugh

We get to figure out new things

Without being told what to look for

Life is amazing

Life is grand

We could not ask for a better thing

We bring life into the world

Life gets taken from us

But in the end we all look

Life is just the beginning

Article posted April 6, 2012 at 01:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

Well when we dissected the chicken wing it was so we could find things like the muscle, fat, cartilage, tendons, and ligaments. I didn’t like dissecting the chicken blood because I just thinks its gross on the inside of the body of something and one of my parts cut open a blood vessel and I don’t like the sight of blood but we did learn what all those things look like so that was worth while.

Blue is the color of the bright blue sky in the summer.

Dreaming of sheep jumping is the color blue.

Blue is the feeling you get when you see a baby smile.

Swinging in a park with the wind blowing though your hair is blue.

Smelling a new fresh planted red rose is the smell of blue.

Jumping on a trampoline with fresh snow on it is the fun of blue.

Blue is the taste of fresh made chocolate chip cookies with milk.

Winning the lottery is the feeling of blue.

A field of dandelions blowing in the wind is what blue looks like.

Sleeping in bed until 11:00a.m in the morning on the weekend is the feeling of blue.

Laughing with friends is the happiness of blue.

Fresh cooked brownies are the smell of blue.

Kids eating glue is the sight of blue.

Getting brand new clothes is the look of blue.

A garden of colorful roses is also the look of blue.

Fresh made steak on a grill is the taste of blue.

Having a vacation id the feeling of blue

Playing soccer is the happiness of blue.

Seeing a kid smile when he gets a new dog is the excitement of blue.

And blue is the happiness of life.

If I had to ever face that my reaction would be to cry because its pretty much like being bullied and people can say hurtful things. I would have never been able to go to that school if that kept happening to me. In the world today things have changed a lot since then because you don’t see as many people being as mean as them and kids of any color can go to places they want.

Article posted March 1, 2012 at 12:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

Im writing about Albert Einstein’s Quote which is “If you never made a mistake you never tried something new.”

This makes me feel:

Inspired like a student is inspired by a teacher

Happy like I can catch a mystical creature

Filled with hope

Like I cant say nope

Making mistakes isn’t a bad thing

Like I can fly by a swing

Trying new things is great Making mistakes is fate

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 12:53 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

Cells are made up of different parts just like our body except they have different names for the body parts and they work in a different way. So far in this unit I have had some trouble memorizing the meaning of the part of the cell but since I have been studying I’ve been doing better. A good thing in this unit so far is I get to learn how cells work and what they do to help the body. Also in this unit we looked at some things under a microscope and seeing the cells in it.

as big as a brick

inside my red and green house

past my lawn until the front door

between neighbors

around the silver taped to the ground fence

beneath stars

after going on highway 24 then past the big Safeway

over the great big mountains

on street Woodland Avenue

with a variety of shades of grey as soft as silk

over wildly ecstatic playful

without doubt amazing

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 01:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

Recently I have been reading "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins and its about this girl named Katniss and how she has to compete in these games where survival is the answer. Right now I think the book is in between disliking and liking because Katniss only cares about herself and that bugs me but other than that I am LOVING the book. It has so much suspense which I like.

I have a cat and its name is Zignut. I named her Zignut because when I got her as a kitten she was crazy and so I wanted to call her zigzag but my mom wanted to name her peanut and my step dad wanted to name her walnut so the choices were Peazag, Walzag, or Zignut. I choose Zignut because I thought it was the coolest. Today Zignut is still crazy.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 93

I chose “ Believe you can and your half way there.” by Theodore Roosevelt. I think this means that if you believe in yourself to do something it can really happen and your already starting why stop now. This applies to my life because I always tell myself to keep trying in band or in academic classes because I have to give myself confidence to finish it. I think it could be used to change someone’s attitude because if they give themselves confidence they can change a grade and they will be able to change all bad grades to good grades. It could give the world and impact because they will believe that if they truly believe in themselves it can really happen and it would change the world.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 12:38 AM GMT • comment • Reads 66

My goal for 2012 are to improve on humanities because I have a struggle remembering the years of when things happened. This involves change because I have to study more if I want to get a better grade and I have to make that a study plan which changes my regular study schedule.

Article posted January 2, 2012 at 06:42 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

Doing the group project went good but sometimes I don’t like working in groups on the computer because it gets hard to remember to reply back to everyone and be on the same track as them because they might be in different spots then you. Also I don’t like being in groups because when I want a good grade I want to do the project my way to get an A and sometimes when people in the group don’t work that reflects on my grade.

First in don’t really know about Greece. In my past I haven’t learned anything about it.

In class we chose city-states which were Spartans, Athens, Argos, Megara and Corinth. My group chose to be Athens. So in class we are competing against each other to win. All the other groups are suppose to beat Athens and Sparta because we are the big city-states and the only goal they have is to beat us at everything. Sparta is at least suppose to beat Athens and Athens are suppose to win over Sparta. At the end of class we role dice to see what our fait is and if its good we get points. If its not good we loose points.

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 12:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

"On His Deceased Wife"

Me thought I saw my late espousèd Saint

Brought to me like Alcestis from the grave,

Whom Joves great Son to her glad Husband gave,

Rescu'd from death by force though pale and faint.

Mine as whom washt from spot of child-bed taint,

Purification in the old Law did save,

And such, as yet once more I trust to have

Full sight of her in Heaven without restraint,

Came vested all in white, pure as her mind:

Her face was vail'd, yet to my fancied sight,

Love, sweetness, goodness, in her person shin'd

So clear, as in no face with more delight.

But O as to embrace me she enclin'd

I wak'd, she fled, and day brought back my night.

This a poem that my poet, John Milton wrote and I thought it was interesting because first of all he rhymes his poems and not many poets can rhyme their poems and so I thought that was fascinating. Another reason is because he is telling a story about someone dead and he makes it sounds like he wants that person in peace. The last reason is because I like how when he was a poet it was back in the 1600’s so all his words are ones they used at that time and I thought that was cool.

Article posted November 18, 2011 at 02:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

I am thankful for my family. They have been the best family I could never ask for more from them they give me options and they give me what’s best in my life. They always help me through obstacles that I cant do on my own and they give me love, affection and they care about me. They give me food, water and shelter. I am thankful for my home. I don’t think I would be able to live without a roof over my head where I stay warm and dry. It keeps me healthy so that I have a healthy plate, spoon, fork and knife to eat with without getting sick. I am thankful for my friends. If I didn’t have friends I wouldn’t get new ideas on how to do things. Friends are like family you cant let them down and they don’t let you down. You stick beside each other. Friends are your other half or at least my other half.

Article posted November 12, 2011 at 01:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 94

The best mystery story I ever read was called “Time Stops For No Mouse” because of all the little clues it gives you in every chapter that you don’t notice but all the clues match the person who did it. Its also the best mystery book I’ve ever read because the author waits for the perfect time to release all the suspense.

Cole, Megan, Billy, Autumn, Jamie, Nick, and Dean were each others best friends. One night they all decided they wanted to go camping with each other as a drama get away. On the day they were suppose to come home they started packing up ,but just then they heard this weird growl. They all decided to go see what it was ,as they got to where the growl they heard was it was nothing but a tape recorder. After that they decided to go back to their camp ,but when they got there all there supplies were gone. They just vanished and the only way they could get home was by a compass which was gone.

Article posted November 2, 2011 at 01:01 AM GMT • comment • Reads 86

I have been reading a book lately and it is called “No Time Like Show Time” by: Michael Hoeye. I do really like this book. It is a series of books and im on the 3rd book of 3 books. I like how there is a lot of mystery in it ,because after you read some of it you just keep wondering what is going to happen next and if it will be important or not. I also like how it is a fiction book which makes it more fun since the characters in my book are mice.

Article posted November 2, 2011 at 12:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 100

I think blogging is fun. My experience has been fun because Im realizing I’ve done a lot of things in my life that I don’t think about often. I’ve had a couple problems with not knowing what to write but I figured it out after. I don’t really like that it is a grade and we get graded on it. I think for more blogs we should do one for how your Halloween was and what was your costume and did you like your costume and the candy you got?

Article posted October 20, 2011 at 12:22 AM GMT • comment • Reads 115

http://rt.com/news/miami-giant-african-snails-021/

In Miami there is a species of giant snails called African giants that are invading. They are often kept as pets and can grow 25 centimeters long and 10 centimeters wide. They are known as the most damaging species of snails in the world. They also pose a health risk by carrying a parasite that can give you meningitis in humans. That is why its dangerous to have them around invading your home. My opinion is that you should stay away from going outside for a little while. Also you should be careful where you go and where you step.

Article posted October 15, 2011 at 01:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

Article posted October 5, 2011 at 12:01 AM GMT • comment • Reads 82

This weekend me and my sister Dani went to Waldo’s Canyon for a hike. We walked 12.4 miles!! I liked it though because of the view of the mountains and everything else. I also liked this weekend because it was a time for my sister Dani and I to spend some sister time with eachother and the hike was the perfect time.

I think the best part about the Fox Run Feild Trip was the activity's we did with the teachers because we learned about how animals lived in nature. I liked the magical stone activity the best because you had to work together as a team in order to win. I learned how animals lived in the nature and how they survive and sadly how some die.

Books being banned makes me kind of mad because if you love a book you should be able to read it with out anyone saying oh you cant read that. Freedom of speech comes to this because you need to speak for what you want. I think we all have the choice to choose this. I don’t think any books should be banned because if you love a book and someone says you can't read that its banned then that makes you feel bad.

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 02:36 AM GMT • comment • Reads 112

So the guy is trying to prove that 7 goes into 28 13 times but its not possible so instead of him using the 2 right away he kept which in real life you cant do. so there for he is wrong on that. Also he cant just add the digits you have add the numbers so he only added the digits so again he is wrong.

Article posted September 13, 2011 at 12:54 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

My funniest story is whe I was 5 my sister had to go pee every 5 minutes and then one night before we went to bed she just came back from the bathroom and she said "I GOT TO PEE AGAIN!". So i said "Yeah that happens to me all the time!" then she left. She came back and after 5 seconds I said "I need a diaper."

Article posted September 13, 2011 at 12:45 AM GMT • comment • Reads 90

I think the assembly was a very emotional, inspiring, and great. It was definetly worthwhile ,because you get to hear this story about this amazing girl and how inspiring she is to other people. It was needed to think about how you can change the environment around you. I think it was effective because it inspired alot of people to be like Rachel. I would like to be more like Rachel.

Article posted August 30, 2011 at 09:25 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 161

1. I like to laugh.

2. I wear glasses.

3. I used to live in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.

4. I love to be at school.

5. I have never been on a plane before.

6. I love playing instuments!

7. I don’t like science.