aLl AbOuT mE!!!

7th grade has been fun for me. I have made lots of new friends and met lots of new people. I believe for me 7th grade was a successful year because I learned new things everyday and I took all that knowledge in. In ways things were confusing to me and I never learned them and I didn’t ask for help which didn’t help me solve that problem, so that was un-successful. I learned how to find the area of a circle, how to write a persuasive speech, how the human body works, and I learned all about the history of Greece and China. I learned lots of new things but some things I would change would be to pay attention more in class instead of talking to my friends and I would of worked more hard and lots of projects. When I go into 8th grade I will definitely change those but in 8th grade I will have to meet all new people and I want to make sure I make a good impression on them so I will change the way I say things to people in 8th grade and make sure everything I say is the right thing. For the new 7th graders………you probably already know this but MAKE SURE YOU TURN IN WORK ON TIME!

Article posted May 12, 2012 at 03:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

When I went to International Towne I thought it was a fun experience. I was in the United Kingdom which meant I was a reporter and that was also a fun experience. I learned that you need to know how to work a lot of things in life to get a good job like I had to be careful what I put in the newspaper and as I was going around to all the countries I noticed that you need to work hard and know what to do other wise you will fail. If anything I would change what I spent my money on because you have to be careful and make sure your money is worth it. I think the best part was that everyone had a good time and I have always wanted to be a reporter so this was a good experience for the future.

Article posted May 12, 2012 at 02:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

I think world history influences us today by just having to learn about the past. When we learn about history it gives us a picture of what the world before us was and how it worked. It tells us what happened then and how different it was from our generation. So my guiding question was how did the Battle of Actium affect Cleopatra’s life? I learned a lot of things about her and the life style back then and how people acted. The most interesting part for me was learning about how different the people were back then and how they acted around other citizens. In Cleopatra’s time citizens would bow before their ruler and not break the law in any way because the punishment was horrible but people now days break the law all the time and usually the only thing they get is jail time. Back then it was sudden death, hanging, execution or even slow death.

When it was our teams turn to go look around at the other team’s projects it was interesting. They did all different projects. When I would ask them about their projects they were way different then mine. I found a lot of people did Cleopatra but not all of them had the same guiding question or information, it was all different. I learned that I didn’t know all about Cleopatra’s life, there was some stuff I didn’t learn at all like how she married her brother and that she wasn’t really Egyptian she was Greek.

I like the book so far. I think I like the girl from the beginning the best because she was the one who started the whole planting/ farming thing in the vacant lot. After reading some of it I really think the “big idea” about the book is everyone leaning to share and be creative in their own way with planting a garden. So far in my classes I have done 3 activities with teachers making flowers/butterflies with cans, listening to music, and planting tomatoes. My favorite one so far would be the planting the tomatoes because it gives a real experience in what planting seeds is like and how it feels to make your own kind of creation.

Article posted April 18, 2012 at 01:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

Well my project is on the Battle of Actium. I haven’t had a great time finding my research but I finally got into some sites where I was able to get some information. It is actually coming along pretty well because my research is fascinating and I think some people will actually want to listen to me. I have learned a lot of new things that I never knew before like it wasn’t even about Cleopatra but she was involved and after the battle , Cleopatra died. I believe my project is going great so far.

Article posted April 15, 2012 at 02:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 37

Life is a magical thing

We learn, grow, love, laugh

We get to figure out new things

Without being told what to look for

Life is amazing

Life is grand

We could not ask for a better thing

We bring life into the world

Life gets taken from us

But in the end we all look

Life is just the beginning

Article posted April 6, 2012 at 01:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

Well when we dissected the chicken wing it was so we could find things like the muscle, fat, cartilage, tendons, and ligaments. I didn’t like dissecting the chicken blood because I just thinks its gross on the inside of the body of something and one of my parts cut open a blood vessel and I don’t like the sight of blood but we did learn what all those things look like so that was worth while.

Blue is the color of the bright blue sky in the summer.

Dreaming of sheep jumping is the color blue.

Blue is the feeling you get when you see a baby smile.

Swinging in a park with the wind blowing though your hair is blue.

Smelling a new fresh planted red rose is the smell of blue.

Jumping on a trampoline with fresh snow on it is the fun of blue.

Blue is the taste of fresh made chocolate chip cookies with milk.

Winning the lottery is the feeling of blue.

A field of dandelions blowing in the wind is what blue looks like.

Sleeping in bed until 11:00a.m in the morning on the weekend is the feeling of blue.

Laughing with friends is the happiness of blue.

Fresh cooked brownies are the smell of blue.

Kids eating glue is the sight of blue.

Getting brand new clothes is the look of blue.

A garden of colorful roses is also the look of blue.

Fresh made steak on a grill is the taste of blue.

Having a vacation id the feeling of blue

Playing soccer is the happiness of blue.

Seeing a kid smile when he gets a new dog is the excitement of blue.

And blue is the happiness of life.

I like to play soccer!!