Article posted April 24, 2012 at 01:41 AM GMT • comment • Reads 273

Originally, I chose to study Cleopatra because I knew absolutly nothing about her, and now I fell as though I know everything about her! Everything is turning out great! and I am so close to finishing! Just one more week!

Article posted April 26, 2012 at 12:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

Honestly I'm having a lot of fun with this project. I've learned so much about Aphrodite. My project is coming out great. I am almost finished. I just have to glue everything on. I think I deserve at least a B. I'm pretty confident in my project. I hope you read my project andlearn s much as I did.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 03:56 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

The Huns are really amazing; they’re able to shoot arrows accurately on their horses’ at top speed! These horses are less likely to get sick from harsh weather and find food during the winter. The Huns can even shoot arrows behind them. I'm almost done, all I have to do is finish up the poster. I can’t wait until the World History Fair.

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 02:25 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

The world history fair has been a slow process but I’ve found great info on my topic. The 3D part of the project will be the easiest and the descriptions and the coloring and decorations on the display board will be the hardest. My topic created change by increasing trade and showing that other countries can be friendly to each other. I'm excited to see how mine and other peoples display boards look!!

I found out that some electric car companies were sued by gas companies because they were making less money. My projects coming okay, but ive been absent alot latley it's hard to stay on track. I'm not ready yet, but am working my hardest to get there. My Humanities project is about a typr of gladiator called the Retiarus, (Translates to fish man in English), he fought with a Trident and a Net, and had very little armor. Can't wait for the Humanites World History Fair.

I think my project is coming along well and I think I am doing good from what my family has told me but they will say anything to make you happy. BUt for the most part it is going well and I have learned a lot about Medusa. Medusa is a very fun thing to learn about and I hope at the world history fair you come and see my project.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 12:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 71

At first I went through a lot of different project topics. But finally I picked ancient Greek houses, which is really cool. It’s coming out good, I finished already though. Well to answer my question I just have to describe the Ancient Greek houses a little and try not to put too much detail. Yes I’m ready for World History Fair!

What Weapons and Armor did the Romans use in The Battle of Ziles?

The Battle of Ziles was known as The Battle of Zela. It took place on August 2, 47 BC in Zile. Zile is now a small hilltop town in the Tokat Province of Northern Turkey.  The Ancient Romans were lead to victory by Julius Caesar.  Rome was one of the most powerful empires of the Ancient world.  Romans built their strong military with courage, duty and honor.  Because the Romans had all kinds of different weapons they could chose what would benefit them most in a battle.  Today, we have the same option, we get to determine what will benefit us more during a war.  Whether is is a rifle or a grenade.  Ancient Romans used quite a few weapons and armor, each battle they had a new type of weapon.  Today we are protected by new and improved weapons.  

This project is coming along well.  I have learned how The Batlle of Ziles was won and how Julius Caesar was involved.  I ended up with a ton of information and I think the hardest part is going to be choosing what I want to talk about.  I feel like it is important for me to discuss the weapons and tactics that were used in The Battle of Ziles.  Julius Caesar made a huge mistake in this battle and it almost costed him his life.  He actually pulled almost all of the soldiers off the front line and sent them to do their everyday things.  The enemy moved in quick and he made a fast decision to get all soldiers back.  It could of gone the other way.   

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 01:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

My World History Project is going very well. My guiding question is "How did the Romans live in ancient times?" My topic hasn't changed that much but I did learn a lot of interesting facts about ancient Rome. For my project I am making a 3D part of ancient Rome. It is very fun. I baisically have all my research put together and my poster board so I really can't wait till the World History fair

My project is on Chinese Paper Cutting. Everything came out really great. I did really well with getting all of my information together and on time. I do admit I should,ve started my display board and museum display a bit earlier than I did, but for when I started and the time I completed it all in, I think I did awesome.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 02:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

My final project isn't going all that well. So far, my display board and my 3D/2D museum display are just a plan. They are good plans, though. I'm hoping that my project turns out as well in real life as it does in my head.

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 01:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 111

My topic changed the entire Mediterranean. It led the world's greatest empire to rise to power. It is the reason that everyone has heard of Rome but few have heard of Carthage. Carthage lost the Punic Wars, which are the foundations of my topic. The whole project has been very interesting, and I look forward to the World History Fair.

My topic is on assassins in the 1200's and my prodject has been going great! I have gotten most of my papers drafted and I'm working on my museum piece and my display broard will follow.I found out that the pourpose of these assassins was to effectivly change the polotics into there favor.

My topic is on the Sun Temple in Konark, Orissa. This temple has created change because there is a palm-leaf manuscript recording all the details in the building operations. This provides us with information about how some temples could have been built and educates us on architecture because if the temple was build in A.D. 1250, and is still standing today, then there construction must have been really good. I found out a lot on this temple, including that this temple actually existed... :) My final project is coming along well I just have the display board and visual display left to do. This has helped me question about how this temple was different because there were many facts that were really interesting and different from other temples in this temple. I really want to go to Orissa now and see that temple!!

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 03:14 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

My world history fair project is going great. It has been a long process, but I have found lots of research for my project. Also, I have decided what my 3D project Is going to be. I can't wait to show my friends.

After all my research, I've discovered some very interesting bits of information. For quick a quick example: You had to be born into the Samurai class.

With my research done, I need to get my display put together. I hate to admit it but I haven't started that part yet. But, with the hard part done it shouldn't be too bad. I've even been able to figure out the answer to my guiding question. You'll have to see it at the fair, though.

I am almost ready just a couple of steps. One of those would be mentally preparing because I have to explain my project and be very clear on it so no one gets confused. Putting everything together is one step and that counts for a lot because you want it to be interesting and not something boring that no one wants to hear about. It is all coming together and that always makes me happy.

My question is How Did Horses Affect History? And so far, I have found lots of answers. I am working on my project currently and am not even close to being done. :-( Sooo I am going to work really hard to make my project EPIC. I even bought glittery horse stickers... hehehee!

Article posted April 21, 2012 at 01:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

For the world history fair project my topic was "how has the goddess Athena influenced ancient Greece's culture." My research was very hard at the start, but as I looked into the topic a little more, I found a lot of facts. My final display is coming along really well. For my 3D display, I made Athena's shield which has the head of Medusa on it. I am really excited to have everyone see what I have been working on.

My world history project is going alright I guess. I mean im almost done with it so that’s good. I was off to a rough start but I’ve recovered so that’s good. I’m exited for this to just end because I hope Mrs. Gagnon approves of it.

My topic hasn’t created much change that I know of, besides responsibility. I found out a whole bunch of information that started to make me think about my claim statement. It is going alright so far. I'm far from ready, and nervous!!

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 10:51 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 131

For my humanities project I have chosen the Great Wall of China and used the guided question of Why Was The Great Wall of China built? I am super nervous about this assignment as well because I’m not sure how good my board Is, how much of the Information I have Is right, If I have answered my guided question correctly and many other things. one BIG thing for me Is If I will be able to answer people's questions without stammering and stumbling like an Idiot. My project was hard to do (cut myself seven times just trying to make the Great Wall of China model out of foam blocks.) but It's fun and looks way cool.

For my world history fair I am doing Japanese architecture. At first it was a rough start because I did not exactly have a plan of what I was going to do then... But now,I have got my topic and everything except the board done. MY MUSEUM DISPLAY IS AWESOME!!! And, that's all really there is to my world history fair project, it hasn't been that hard...

Article posted April 18, 2012 at 12:48 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

My topic is Hercules A Greek Hero. I found out that Hera put a curse on Hercules when he was a baby. He had a terrible temper. My project is nearly finished! I have my 3d example done and my final history paper. I am so excited!!! I love Hercules because it seems his name is always plural. Just joking he had to do so much incredible stuff it’s amazing he survived.

For the world history fair project my topic was “The Roman Republic”. My research went very well and was quite easy. I ended up finding tons more than I need. I have completed my fasces and am almost finished with my poster board. I am really excited to have everyone see what I have been working on.

My topic is: How did Cleopatra live the last years of her life?I found out a little more about her than I knew before.I really didn't learn much more about her because I already knew a lot about her.I am really interested in Ancient Egypt history and leaders and all that other stuff,so that is how I knew a lot about her already.I think that my final project is going really well,it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I finished my board a long time ago, and my research paper. I still have a little way to go,but I think I'm going to be fine.

My project is going well but I have one flaw. thats is probably my display. I have started on making the pieces I need but making a small scale model doesn't seem hard. The poster board is being questioned by me, does your report/essay go on there or do we just rewrite paragraphs?

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 01:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

The research portion of my project went pretty well, but I haven't actually started board or my visual aid yet. I don't think that part of the project will help me answer my guiding question, but all the research I did helped. I am not ready at all! I'm afraid that I will wait til the last minute to finish the rest of my project as usual!

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 03:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 66

My World Histor Fair Project is coming together nicely. I have learned a lot about my topic and doing big projects. One of the things I learned is that it is better to have more research than not enough because when you go to write the research paper, you need all the information you can get! I also learned that Japanese literature is still studied today in many countries. It was hard to answer my guiding question because all the facts you collect during research have to be compiled and put into one answer. It requires a lot of critical thinking. I am almost ready for the World History Fair. Just a few more tweaks, and I should be ready to present!

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 04:32 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

I don’t think my topic has created a lot of change in the modern society but it has given me the experience to learn the great pyramids of Giza’s history. I think my project is coming along great. I really don’t have any questions to ask at this point.

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 04:33 AM GMT • comment • Reads 88

If we did not have are world history then so many people would not have jobs and we all would not get to learn so many interesting thing. My guiding question was, “How were the pyramids of Giza built?” Well I Learned a lot, but one really cool fact I learned was if you went to the pyramids when they were new then you would see fingers in between the blocks.

Another thing that I learned was there were so many games that people came up with that are still used today in some religions.    

With the research for the fair done, I have learned many things. I have learned, for one thing, that Romans didn't spend their lives too differently from ours. They did just about all the same things as we do today. They went to work or to clean the house. So do we, we just don't work in a shopping cart full of food. I have almost all of my project done. All I have left is to wrap up my 3D project and then finish my board. I'm looking forward to the fair.

Article posted April 23, 2012 at 02:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 60

For my World History Fair project, I chose to do the Japansese kimono and how it evolved over time. My guiding qustion is "Why is the kimono as it is today?" Well, here is the answer. In the Nara period, the kimono started out as a simple top and trousers or a one- piece (dress). Then in the Heian period, a new method of making the kimono was developed. This method is called the straight-line-cut method. This method make the kimono look like it is today. But in the Edo period, the all different kinds of designs and ways to make the kimono were developed. My history project is going great so far and I hope to finish it by Wednesday so I can make changes if needed over the weekend.:)

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 02:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

My project has been going really well. My tri-fold board is very decorative, and has a lot of research that explains waht hieroglyphics are and why they were important, which is my guiding question. I also spent a lot of time on my 3-D display of an Ancient Egyptian tablet. I believe that my reaserch fully answers my guiding question, and I am totally ready for the fair!!! I'm very excited!

My topic has created change in a few ways. I found out lots of new and interesting info. that will be helpful for the World History Fair. My final project is not coming along so well because I am taking slow steps , so I don't have much on my poster yet. All of my research will help answer my ? by supporting it with facts. I am soooooo not ready yet. I am a little scared and nervous because this is the biggest project I have ever done so far. Wish me luck!

My World History Fair project is coming along and the fair went well I think. I was happy with my final product. I also thought my 3D part was decent. World history is a fun subject to me and the whole experience with the World History Fair was fun for me! I liked it.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 12:54 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

I learned many things about the Roman Legions. My focus was how they affected the rise and fall of the Roman Empire. I chose this topic because it covered the start and end of in my opinion, one of the greatest empires in history.

I found out that their most important role was a military role. The Legions were a key to expanding the Empire. Without their military force it would not have been possible. As they grew, they were able to defeat and conquer bigger nations and expand into a bigger and stronger empire.

My final project is coming along great. I am done with most of the things. I am still working on my museum display. I am making a body length shield and I need to finish painting the design. I am done with the trifold display. I am almost ready to turn them in! Making the shield was my favorite part of this project.

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 12:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

My topic for the world history fair is ancient chinese food and how it inspired today's modern chinese food like what we eat. I have learned a lot like that rice was the first grain farmed in China, and that the Chinese people weren't introduced to bread until 1200 A.D. and that they hadn't been intoduced to wheat until about 5 or 10 years before. I think that my research and writing my paper has gone well but my question is sometimes a little bit hard to answer because I find different information that would be really useful if only my topic is a littl e closer to that than what it is at now. I don't know if I am ready, I still have a lot of preparing to do and getting pictures. The thing that I am the most nervous about is my musem display because I am still not quite sure what to make; I have an idea but I am not completely sure if that is what I want to do. I think that the World history fair has provided some stress on everyone because we all really want to get a good grade because this is one of the biggest projects of the year so there is a lot of pressure. I hope that my project especially my musem display turns out well. I am planning on making something like clay potstickers and rice balls for my musem display.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 01:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

My topic for the World History fair is Roman Architecture and my guiding question is how has Roman Architecture changed over time? Well I’m finished with my research and almost finished with my poster board and then I will be finished. I’m almost finished painting it and then all I have to do is paste the facts and other things I need on the board and then I will be completely finished. My mom tells me my board is beautiful but she is also my mother and she tells me things like that to bring make my spirits higher, so I can’t exactly trust her word but I hope it’s as good as she says.

My topic, Roman aqueducts, has “created change” in the world in two main ways. The Roman aqueducts have created a design and model for today’s aqueducts and created a lot of tourism because they have lasted so long. My final project is coming along pretty well. I have been working on creating my sugar cube aqueduct and gathering all the things I need on my board. It still needs work but I think it will be pretty cool in the end. My guiding question is, “How were aqueducts effectively made and used in ancient Rome?” I have found lots of good information on how the aqueducts were built but just enough for how they were used.

Article posted May 2, 2012 at 03:15 AM GMT • comment • Reads 123

My topic, Leonardo Da Vinci has showed me how the world changed through him. Although he created all these things and advanced on to the future, we do not acknowledge hime very well. All of his models and sketches were those that inventions today are based on. I especially liked seeing how his inventions were so close to those today. I also liked seein how he had so many talents. I found out that before he was famous for painting he first sung and played a modern-like violin. Then, later on he created inventions and even later painted. The World History Fair is already over but I thought it went well. I wished I would have started earlier on my 3D project so I could have used water but after many tries it didn't work. It amazes me to see how his worked and mine didn't. I'm proud of my finished product and hope the rest of the year goes well.

Article posted May 2, 2012 at 03:07 AM GMT • comment • Reads 74

My research cam along quite nicely. I got some cool ideas through thought and I decided on making my display board look like it is splattered with blood. I found a cool looking font, "algebrian", and it will fit the theme I am creating. The board was easier to create than I thought it would be, and I am happy with the final outcome!

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 12:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 61

I found out that he had a strange life... My final project came out goofd because I decorated it. I am ready for it

My topic has created change, because it has really opened my eyes to what went on in the world in Cleopatra VII's time, and all the astonishing facts of her time. I found out that she was born in the Winter of 69 BCE, and was the only person in her family to learn Egyptian, though they lived there. Cleopatra had romantic relastionships with Julius Caesar and Mark Antony in her lifetime.  My final project is coming along really well, and my poster board looks amazing. I just have to finish my 3D model of an asp snake and paaste some facts on my board and I'm totally finished! It is going to answer my question by using research points, and by summing up the final facts supporting my side in my conclusion. I know my topic, just in case people ask me questions about her or her lifestyle, and I am totally ready with my Cleopatra costume, which I am wearing to my fabulous presentation on Tuesday.

Article posted April 19, 2012 at 01:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

My topic is about Cleopatra. I’ve found out all about her person life which includes love, kids, and marriages. My final project is going along great. It’s going to help me find my research question by giving facts about why she’s important and what history would be without her. I’m kind of ready. I still need to work on my trifold and 3-d project.

Article posted April 19, 2012 at 03:21 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

My topic is why Ramses II was so important. I found out that during his lifetime several wars went on that he was involved in that were important. I also found out then he ended up ruling over all Egypt. My final research project is coming on along fine. It's going easy to answer my topic question. I'm looking forward to showing off what I've put together.

My guiding question was "What was the main purpose for building the Pyramids?" I learned a lot while working. I learned that when the Great Pyramid of Giza was built you probably could see it from the moon. You could see it from so far away because of the stone that was used on the outside. I think the most interesting part was learning just how big it is. It is 481 ft. tall and 756 ft wide at the base.

I also learned a lot from the other projects as well. I learned that gladiators in ancient Rome only sometimes wore full suits of armor. I also learned that the coliseum could be flooded and there would be ship battles.

My project is on the pyramids. I chose that because I thought I knew a lot about them but I didn't. There was so much that I didn't know. I started my 3D project early on so I am almost done with that. I need to put my infomation on my board is it.

My world history project is going pretty well. I need to start on my 3D model. I am almost finished with my poster board. It created change by helping the Japanese communitcate. My topic is about Japanese kanji. Kanji is a form of writing.

My topic for the World History Fair Project was created by me of course!!!! I really like Greece so that was a no brainer and for my 3d part I wanted to recreate something. So at first I was going to do catapults, but when I tried to find a specific war when the Greeks specifically used it I couldnt find one. I give up easily so I looked up "Greek Wars" on gale and the first thing that popped up was the Trajan War, and thats when I relearned about the Trajan War and all about the Trojan Horse. I personally am so glad that the research portion is finished and I am so excited to finish my 3D presentation and poster board!! I have already answered my question so that part of the project is finished and I think that I am ready except for the final touches. I am really looking forward to letting you guys see what I have created!!

My topic for the WHF if Julius Caesar. He changed the world by changing the way the world saw military war tactics. So far I've learned that Julius Caesar had more victories than you could count and that he was so respected, he got offers that no Roman had ever been offered before. So far on my project, I haven't gotten much done for my trifold. I have it planned out but don't have everything I need for it. It is the same for my 3D part of the project. Other than that my project has been coming along pretty good.

My project is great. The poster board is done and I have evrything in line. My 2D/3D project was the brushes and 2 written calligraphies I did myself. I think that my project will be a success. I hope I get a good grade.

During the process of making my project, fur got EVERYWHERE. I mean, it’s not even funny! I was making a paper machet cat, then covering it in this soft fluffy fur fabric. It was soft and cute and stuff, but once it was cut to fit the cat, it got all over the place! I feel pretty ready, but the posterboard… Isn’t.. well… Started yet. I probably should go start that now…

ON my world history project Iam almost done. MY try fold wiil answer my research question because it has alot of facts about how the SIstine Chapel came to be. I am very excited for the worl history fair because I really want to show off my try fold. Also I really want to see everones try folds too.

My topic has not changed much because it is a good topic that I enjoy. I found out that King Tut has the most famous tomb because of the riches held inside it and the great build of the tomb. My final project has been coming along good i have mostly gotten everything completed. This is going to help answer my question easily because it is a good answer. I am not quite ready yet I just need to add more detail to my board and 3d display.

Article posted May 1, 2012 at 03:15 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

My topic changed the world’s view of entertainment forever. I did why were gladiators created and one of their main purposes was entertainment. My final is just about warped up. My imformation is going to do the best but my 3d project might tell a little.

Article posted May 5, 2012 at 01:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

I’m so glad the research is over . Now I can start on the museum display and the poster board. I found out that the Parthenon wasn’t the biggest or the oldest temple it was just one over the most remembered. It is going to help answer my guiding question because the information I got kind of fits around the topic. I’m almost ready I have most of my museum display done and haven’t started on my poster board.

My topic has created change because Alexander the Great's battle tactics were the first succesful tactics to conquer the known world. My final project is coming together fine. Although I am not ready yet. I'm not sure how it's going to answer my question, but I'll find out.

My project is going on very smoothly. What are the dimensions of the Great Wall of China? My guiding question is helping me from my essay and guide me through all my research. I am definitely not ready for my presentation. I don’t even have my 3D project done!I am really nervous because this is the biggest project I've ever done. I Hope that the fair will be super fun!

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 04:31 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

My guiding question was, "How did the Roman amphitheaters affect the Roman people?"

Well, I have found that the amphitheaters gave Romans a sense of pride. This is so because going to the games meant that their empire was strong, successful, and wealthy. After discovering concrete, the Romans were building amphitheaters all over the vast stretch of the empire. The Romans were also reminded of their proud history of well won battles and glorious victories. The Romans were reminded because occasionally the gladiators would play out scenes from ancient battles just as a reminder. The amphitheater was also adorned with beautiful carvings of the Gods. The spectators paid their respects and there were often human sacrifices. Today Roman amphitheaters don't affect the world as much as they used to, but they are still used as tourism sites and a place to learn about the glory of the Roman Empire and the magnificent amphitheaters.

I learned a lot from other projects, like they used tar in the Babylonian gardens to prevent rot in the structure. I also learned that Romans used quite a few (very interesting looking) tools for farming. Also, that the Retiarii gladiators used nets and tridents as weapons. I believe that people learned a lot from the World History Fair and I look forward to seeing my sister's project next year when she is in seventh grade.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 12:15 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

My project has been a little conflicting seeing that my 3-D model has been changed over the time that was given to me to finish it. At first,  I  was going to make my model out of sugar-cubes. Then  I  realized that sugar-cubes would take way too long and it would weigh too much.  So, when I realized this I looked for other possible solutions for a 3-D model of an amphitheatre. I found that styrofoam would work well so I went to a craft store and looked for some. It turns out that they didn't have any left. I didn't really have any idea what else to make it out of. That was until my mom gave me the idea to make a cake. At first I was confused, then I started to understand what she was saying. A cake would be the perfect model! Plus, when I'm done with it I can simply eat it! So I made a cake and it turned out very well which surprised me. See, I'm not the best cook but, I managed to make it all by myself! Then there was the board I had to deal with. I decided in the end that I should put a huge blow-out picture on my board. I chose a nice picture of an amphitheatre, saved it on a flash-drive and took it to FedEx. I had it printed up in about five minutes and glued it on. The whole thing cost around $3. After that it was simply a matter of printing, cutting, and pasting. Finally I finished!

I found out that Julius Caesar was born around the time of Jesus' death. I also found out that Caesar was stabbed 23 times to his death. My final project is really hard because of the design that I want to use and im quite nervous to see how it turns out. This is going to help me answer my guilding question because my guilding question is "Why did Julius Caeasr want to become a dictator?" and talking about his life I think will help me answer my question. I think im prepared because I have worked very hard and im not going down without a fight!

For my humanities project I am doing the Temple of Artemis. Finding my research went very smooth. There was a lot more to the temple of Artemis than I thought! My final project is coming along great! For my 3D project I am doing a Papier Mache temple. I’m almost ready for May 1st. At first I thought it would be too much to handle but it has been going good so far! I can’t wait to see other people’s projects.

Article posted April 21, 2012 at 01:28 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

So far during my project I am doing well. I have completed my research and am starting on my museum display and are almost done. With this I will I will finish early and have some time to myself. This project is really fun because you get to learn alot about the stuff your intersted in.

The World History fair experience has been fun. Without world history our world would have no back stories and a lot of mysteries would stay hidden. For example, once discovering the tomb of King Tutankhamun many mysteries were solved. During this project, I based my project on a guiding question. “How did the discovery of King Tutankhamun's tomb affect people throughout the world," was my guiding question for this project. As I said before, once the tomb was discovered we found out how he lived, died, and his history. By knowing this information, it affected many people throughout the world because we learned so much about him. I chose this topic because it was really interesting and I didn't know much about King Tutankhamun. Therefore, started doing research and I found out information to answer my guiding question. I found out that King Tutankhamun took throne at age 8. Before, he took throne; his father changed the religious status and moved the capital. This made many people mad. Since King Tutankhamun was only eight at the time we had advisors help him. They helped him move the capital back and change the religious status back. Later, when King Tutankhamun was 18 he died. For years we thought he died from being murdered. Once we discovered his tomb we discovered that he died from a broken infected leg. This changed how we thought about King Tutankhamun a bunch. The most interesting part about this topic is how he died and the mystery of his tomb.

Once examining other student's projects, I found out that this was a really fair. I mostly learned a bunch on Ancient Greek and Roman because most of the projects were on that topic. I also found out that that other project on King Tutankhamun were cool too. There were many facts that I didn't know about on my own topic. I found out that the Roman Collosseum was held together by wooden sticks. Also I learned that Julius Caesar was stabbed 23 times by his best friend. I think that Cameron's H. project was one of the coolest because it takes serious skill with Popsicle sticks that I do not have. Overall, this experience has been amazing and I enjoyed everyone’s project.

The trebuchet has created change by making warfare form very long distances possible. I have learned that the French played a big role in making the trebuchet Europe’s favorite siege weapon. I still have to begin my board and 3D visual aide, but, I shall soon start working on them. My project will point out how the trebuchet flung stuff and had the capabilities of accepting lots of types of ammunition.  

World history has affected our lives today because it shaped the path to today. Had things not happened the way they happened this world would be extremely different. You or I probably wouldn’t be here. My guiding question was, ‘How has the trebuchet affected warfare?’ It affected warfare by introducing a ranged siege weapon that could outrange arrows and bring down walls. It shaped empires and destroyed empires. The world would be quite different if the trebuchet did not exist. I learned that the French made it Europe’s favorite siege weapon. I thought the most interesting part of this project was finding out that the trebuchet was invented in China. Gunpowder was also invented there and overthrew the trebuchet from its throne.

I liked what people had done for their projects. I learned that the romans defeated Carthage by having a special formation to take out the powerful war elephants. I also learned that the Mongolians had the trebuchet that the Chinese invented. It was pulled by men. I learned a lot in this project and I wish I could do some parts over.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 02:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

My world history fair topic is Chinese clothing. I learned a lot about how Chinese people, rich and poor, dressed in ancient times. These different social classes had separate styles. I also researched the impact of cotton and silk on China. I really enjoyed studying this topic and I learned so much about traditional Chinese clothing.

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 04:12 AM GMT • comment • Reads 64

My world history fair topic, (Roman infantry tactics) changed the world by influencing how we fight today. For example, they taught the world the strategies of flanking and breaking a line. I am feeling comfortable about my project and ready for my presentation at the fair. Everything is on schedule and I only have to create my poster board.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 12:28 AM GMT • comment • Reads 71

My project is coming along great! I finished all my 3d objects. I learned a lot about Japanese clothing. I am ready for the fair. I think I did a great job and am ready to show it off. Also, I'm excited to see everyone else's projects.

Article posted May 2, 2012 at 02:42 AM GMT • comment • Reads 63

My World History project is going very well. My guiding question is "How did the Medieval Knights live?" My topic hasn't changed that much because I choose something I have never done or read about and I did learn a lot of interesting facts about them. I 3D display was pretty hard because no one would help me but I finished it and it looks better than I expected. The World History Fair should be GREAT!

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 12:54 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

I chose Cleopatra because I think her life was very interesting. Her life is full of so much drama and action. It was cool learning more about her, what she did, who she met, and what happened to her. My project is fairly decent and I think I can pull a solid 'C' on this project.

Article posted April 22, 2012 at 02:44 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

My topic, Ancient Roman Clothes for Common Women, has created change in that now I can respect the ancient Romans for their incredible ways of meeting clothing necessities but not going overboard. My final project is turning out pretty good. This weekend I've been working on my display and board.

My topic is the Pantheon of Rome, at first I wanted to do roman architecture but just went with one building. I found out that it is the oldest building in the world and that it had two creators! A man first made it but it was so poorly constructed that emperor Hadrain, had to remake it with concrete. My project is good and I am being very aware of my time. My topic isn’t very broad so it is easy to answer the question. I am almost ready I just have to finish my 3D part.

My research project is based on the black plague and how it affected the modern medical world. I have to say that this was the worst project I have ever done in my life. Not to be a hater, but I really don’t see why we couldn't just do some research on the computer and tell her what we learned. I think it is totally unnecessary to put what you have learned on a giant piece of card board. But the bright thing is that I have learned a lot about the bubonic plague.

Article posted May 3, 2012 at 03:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

My guiding question was, How Did the Black Plague Affect the modern medical field. The weird thing is that I never actually answered that exact question. Instead, I though more about the benefits of the disease. I ended up learning that without the black plague, we would have no medical bills to pay. I have two main reasons to support my opinion. First, without the plague doctors would be just as smart as the average person because medical school would have nothing to teach them. Second, most of the doctors would be dead any way because they would not have been wearing the proper protective gear.

While observing other people displays boards, I was really just looking at the design instead of the actual information that they had typed up so I only ended up learning a couple of things.

1. Romans had a very good war strategy.

2. Instead of guns, people would use a bow and arrow.

3. Japanese buildings are truly a work of art.

4. Dumplings are awesome!

I found out that the telescope has made many great discoveries. Some deal with the speed of light and others deal with how gravity works.  My final project is coming along very well, I have the 3-D museum display done and am just starting on my research board. My research question was “How has the telescope changed science?” so the discoveries that have been made will show how that telescope has changed science. I am very close to ready for the fair.

I have been having fun on my project and I can’t wait to present my project. I have learned a lot wall doing this project and I think if I had to give myself a grade I think that lest no lower than a B.

My topic has created change deeply. Egyptians were affected by cats and their religion of the cats. Some people dedicated their lives to the cats. One weird thing I found out was when a cat in a house dies the whole family shaves their eyebrows to show their mourning. My final project is going fine. I have my museum display done. My tri-fold is spray painted and all I have to do now is paste on the stuff. I am semi-ready, a little nervous too. The research has helped me answer my question by examples of the religion of cats in everyday life in Egypt.

For my project I'm doing the Roman Colosseum. I found out a lot of interesting facts about the building, there were 80 entrances and they all had numbers to help the people find their seats. I think my project is coming along well. I'm not exactly ready yet I just have to finish up some lose ends and put my board together and I'll be almost finished.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 02:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 57

I am very close to finishing my project. My project is on the curse of King Tut. King Tut was found and people started mysteriously dying. People were scared and researchers were puzzled. That's how the curse of King Tut cahnged people.

My project is about The Roman Goddess Diana she is equivalent to the Greek goddess Artemis. Diana is the goddess of the hunt, moon, and child fertility. Reaserching her has not really changed the way I act in life because, the only way that the Ancient Romans worshiped her is the woman would pray to her for an easy delivery and they had a festival called Nemoralia which literally translates to festival of the torches and on Nemoralia hunting and killing are forbidden.

Article posted April 18, 2012 at 02:25 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

I have learned many things so far. I haven't really started it, but I did plan it out. I think that this project is going to be the biggest project in my life! I have three big ideas and they are like the answers to my guiding question. I don't think I am quite ready yet, but I want to get at least 3/4 of it done this weekend so that I don't have to do it at the last second! This is going to be great!

My topic has created change for me, because the original topic I was going to do was the mask of Tutankhamun and what the meaning was behind it, but I couldn't any information on it. So I decided to King Tut's Tomb. My final project is coming along great my dad gives me his opinions on it whil I work on it for two hours a day during the weekend. It is going to help answer my question by helping me understand my project more fully than I ever thought I would. My project is almost ready and I think when I finish my museum display my project will be more than ready, it will be finished. I think this whole project has made a major impact on me, because I learned more about my topic than I thought I would learn.

Article posted April 20, 2012 at 12:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

For my World History project my topic is Bushman rock art. African heritage has always been of interest to me. The colors and designs have always drawn my attention, but the subject was too modern for the project’s needs. My searches led me to Bushman rock art. It is said that the Bushman people were the first to inhabit Africa. The Bushman rock art is basically paintings on rock, and some might be carvings as well. Normally the paintings are pictures or scenes of men hunting, animals, landscapes, and children and women. The painting are believed to have been a way for the Bushman people to keep count of days and time, or even keep track of accomplishments. The Bushman paintings have inspired modern day paintings and sculptures. For my project I am planning on creating a diorama of where the bushman people lived. I am also going to make a replica of some Bushman art, made out of plaster. I am definitely looking forward to seeing my friends projects and being able to present mine!!!

My question is how Leonidas became king and how he died and his life. The way it’s going to help me answer my question is that it will tell me how Leonidas became king and how he died and his life. My final project is coming pretty good. Think I am pretty ready.

For my humanities project, I am researching the Colosseum. About the Colosseum, I am looking up things that make the building unique. A few facts about the amphitheater are that it is not in a circle, but in an oval and it can seat up to 50,000 people! Also, for my 3-D display, I am planning on making my interpretation of a velarium. A velarium is an awning that was used as shade in the Colosseum. It was held by masts and constructed by over 1,000 men. During this next week, I will need to work on and finish the museum display and the trifold for my project.

Now that my final project is coming along very nicely. I've gotten my 3-D portion of my project done, and I've gotten a little done with my tri-fold board. It's been easy to answer my guiding question. I'm 45% percent done with my total project. I've haven't bumped into any obstacles yet.

My project was the helical air screw created by Leonardo da Vinci. Along with all the research I found on why he built it, dimensions and materials, when, and where, I also learned how he impacted flight. His design was a screw that would run off of spin power. Unlike helicopters today, Leonardo’s was powered by man. Later inventors of the helicopter liked his idea of the spinning top that can cut through the air, but they did not think his machine had enough power. That is why other designers later used engines to create enough force. Without Leonardo’s initial idea no one would have known how to make a helicopter. The helical air screw was the foundation for helicopters to come.

Honestly I am not ready. I am taking this weekend to get going. I have my final plan for everything I just need to write it and create. Unfortunately my procrastination has struck again. But I do feel that I will be able to pull it all together and have a great project. All this time has given me a chance to think about all my answers to questions. Overall, I think I can do it!  

Article posted April 18, 2012 at 01:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 78

Well my project is on the Battle of Actium. I haven’t had a great time finding my research but I finally got into some sites where I was able to get some information. It is actually coming along pretty well because my research is fascinating and I think some people will actually want to listen to me. I have learned a lot of new things that I never knew before like it wasn’t even about Cleopatra but she was involved and after the battle , Cleopatra died. I believe my project is going great so far.

For my World History Fair project, I decided to ask, 'What is the signifigance of the toga in Rome?' I thought this would be fun because togas are cool. I have learned togas show respect and citizenship in Rome. So far, I have done the Process Statement, Conclusion, and some facts about togas. I have my 3D visual done and I just need to add a few more facts to my trifold. I feel like I have done a good job on my project and I deserve an A.

My World History Fair Project is coming along fine. My research paper is finished along with my works cited and 3d project. I have a rough draft going for my answer to my guiding project and my procedure. I still have to finalize that though. As for the poster board, I should probably get started on that. So all in all, I am doing pretty well, hope I can finish off the year strong with this project.

World history definitely impacts the world of today because we look to the past to plan our future. For example, our form of government is a lot like the form of the Roman republic. We base things that we do from the past. I think the most interesting part of the World History Fair project was making the visual representation. It challenged people to make the most creative and interesting things possible.

I learned from one of my fellow 7th graders how Roman aqueducts work. He told me how gravity would push water from a lake, over the aqueducts, into Rome. I found that very interesting. Also, his visual representation helped me understand how the aqueducts were built.

I don't think I was here when we did they "Created change" ,but my Humanities project is not all the way finished yet. I still have to decorate my board and glue my papers on. My research question is "How did Sumerians use cuneiform?" I have some really good information and I have an awsome idea for my 3D project

All I really have left to do is my display board, though I haven't gotten started yet. The research was..... Well, it was research. I do have a few questions for Mrs. Gagnon, though. I do look forward to May 1st, the presentation day. I think it will be kind of fun for people to see what all I have learned. My topic is, now I know it's silly, the magnetic compass. At the time, when we got started on the project, I didn't really know anything; sense I was new to the school. So I just searched early inventions, and the compass popped up, so I just did it. But now, I wish I had done the Trojan horse or something like that. I really wish to get a good grade on all these assignments!!