Seventh grade was a really good year despite the tales I heard from older students. I was successful in getting straight A's this school year! The only thing I wish I could do better was making more friends. I learned that it is really easy to talk like Yoda from Star Wars. He's is one of my favorite characters. I learned the hard way that spending all of your paws for a raffle isn't wise because you will probably not win. I would like to go to Mars for a field trip in eighth grade, even though it's never going to happen.

Upcoming seventh graders, study the vocabulary you get from Mrs. Lubich, so you don't forget their definitions, and don't fail the end of the year vocabulary test. Even though I did good, I didn't like relearning the words. Next, don't get Mrs. Gagnon mad because, no offence, she is very strict. If you're good in Mrs. Koster's class, you'll get a lot of paws. Finally, be good in Mr. Howard's class so you can get many Starbursts.

Article posted May 12, 2012 at 02:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 61

I think my experience at International Towne was filled with fun and education. The most fun part of it was that I had to work to earn money to spend just like I would have to in the real world. Another fun time was when I bought a lot of cool souvenirs. I learned that it's harder than it looks to make beaded bracelets under pressure. I wasn't expecting it to be so cramped in our countries. I would change International Towne so that we would have more space to work in our countries.

World history effects our lives today by giving us a lot of ideas and tourist attractions. My guiding question was "Why and How were the Great Pyramids of Giza built?" I learned that the Pyramids were built by doing many steps. First, the Egyptians would mine stone blocks, and transport them across the Nile to the Pyramid's building site. Then, the Egyptians would stack the blocks into a pyramid shape making ramps as they went up. Finally, when they started taking down the ramps, they would carve the sides of the pyramid so it would be smooth sided. The most interesting part of this project was when I made my trifold board because I had to spend a lot of time making it. When I made a mistake, I had to find a way to caver it up, which was interesting.

I learned a little bit about the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. I learned that the Hanging Gardens were basically in the middle of the dessert, and that the plants looked like they were hanging from a distance.

Article posted May 2, 2012 at 01:55 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

The book was actually pretty good. In my opinion, I think this year's all school reads is better than last year's. I think this book is about planting gardens and making people feel good. I liked Royce because he guarded everyone's garden with a pitchfork.

The activities in class were pretty fun. I liked the activity in band because we got to listen to music and decide which was which, and from what country.

Now that my final project is coming along very nicely. I've gotten my 3-D portion of my project done, and I've gotten a little done with my tri-fold board. It's been easy to answer my guiding question. I'm 45% percent done with my total project. I've haven't bumped into any obstacles yet.

The La Monster of Grammar

With eyes of adverbs.

Teeth of capitalization.

Fingers of the tenses that tense when it's angry.

Nails of nouns.

Hairs of prepositions.

A nose of verbs that sense what people do.

An ugly face of usage that makes sure you use descriptive words.

It runs like a run on sentence, never stopping.

Legs of spelling.

Arms of punctuation.

When it talks, it uses sentence fragments.

A fat body of adjectives.

It always uses imperative sentences when it talks,

never interrogatory or declarative sentences.

It has a brain of grammar.

Article posted April 6, 2012 at 12:31 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

I think the dissection of the chicken wing was fun because I have never dissected anything besides a flower. It was worth while because you don't get to do that every day. I learned that it is hard to take the skin of the chicken wing. I also learned that fried chicken wings from Popeyes look and smell a lot better than the wings we dissected.

Article posted March 20, 2012 at 12:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

Poem #1

Binofutistic

Binofutistic is my brother.

Binofutistic is no other.

Binofutistic is strong and tall

not weak and small.

He likes to airsoft,

but his bed soft,

but not when he coughs

Binofutistic doesn't say

that he wants to play

When it is time,

he eats a lime

that's sour

then we go hug our

mom and dad

then Binofutistic tells dad

that he had

a sour lime and then goes to sleep

dreaming about a frog learning how to leap

when it is chilly

and he thinks it is silly

He will always be my Binofutistic.

Poem #2

What I Was and What I am

I used to be a toddler

full of energy and happiness

with smelly diaper

playing with my brother and toys

eating and sleeping most of the time

But now I am a grown up boy

soon to be a teen

that loves Star Wars and Legos

waiting for the day to get real friends.

Poem #3

Tan, My Favorite Color

Tan

It tastes like tortillas.

Tan feels like the coarse sand under your bare feet.

Tan sounds like a deer prancing happily around in the vast forest.

It looks like the Great pyramids of Giza.

It tastes like a fresh, sweet apple pie.

Tans feels like a bamboo flute.

Tan tastes like a warm latte from Starbucks.

It looks like Obi-Wan from Star Wars.

It smells like bread out of an oven.

Tan looks like chicken broth.

Also, it feels like the fur of Meowth, a Pokemon.

It sound like a sand storm howling in the gloomy night.

Tan sounds like the Mos Eisley Cantina band from Star Wars.

Tan

Article posted March 15, 2012 at 01:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 79

My reaction to the movie is that why would anyone be racist and harm other people just because of their race? I think what the white people did was very wrong. I would have probably put in ear plugs when whites came to me. If that didn't work, I would've thrown my food at the bully. If that failed, I would've punched the guy in the face, as a last resort, even though it would've gotten me expelled. I would have the courage to continue because it takes a lot to get me mad. I would last a while. I think racism has gone down, but there are still some racists out there in the world. Things have changed a lot since the time of Ernest Green. There are mixed races in public, which is a good thing. Overall, the world is a better place, but not at its best.

Article posted February 29, 2012 at 02:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 60

I chose the quote "So long there are men, there will be wars." by Albert Einstein.

Since the beginning of humans,

they've fought.

They make peace that never lasts forever.

They always get into wars.

There is always some kind of trouble they cause,

which lead to wars some of the time.

The only obvious solution to keep away from wars forever,

to wipe them all out.

Which most don't prefer.

I think the cell unit is awesome. Learning what makes cells work in organisms is cool. The only problem is that we have to learn a ton of vocabulary. We also used microscopes which was very fun. We have a huge test coming up on the unit. The website that Mrs. Kosters put on the wiki is rather helpful to study for my test. I have been studying a lot so I think I will do good on the test.

in red, with eight studs

about an inch in length

by the Lego company

to entertain

to imagine

to create anything, anytime

on Lego sculptures

beside each other

in key chains

in customized rooms, backpacks, and much more

for everyone

into imaginations forever

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 01:28 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

I've been reading Star Wars books lately. I am reading Star Wars - the Mandalorian Armor by K.W. Jeter.  It's the first book in the Bounty Hunter Wars.  So far, I like this book because it has a little action mixed in with adventure.  The only reason I don't like this book is that they have smiliar names in the book and the Star Wars saga.  Boba Fett is the main character in this book.  He's always going off on dangerous bounty hunter missions.  Boba Fett is awesome even though I think at least thirty other Star Wars characters are awesome, too.  He is a weapon for those who hire him for the job.  The most evil criminals fear his name.   He does not let anything or anyone get in his way.  He always hits his target right the first time and acomplishes his missions quickly.  I can't wait until I finish this book.

Article posted January 31, 2012 at 12:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 68

I have really weird fish. His name is Cannibal. He ate his roommate alive! He also ate some of the artificial plants in my tank so we had to take them out. He always seems like he isn't a cannibal, but he is. Until he dies, I can't get a new fish, because my current fish will eat him/her.

Poets use many tools of languages to help the reader get a picture of what the poem is talking about. When the reader see these images in his mind, he can better understand the poem. Poets use comparison tools such as similes and metaphors to suggest a likeness between one subject and another. They also use rhythm as a tool to give their work a definite beat. Some poets use onomatopoeic words to add impact to a poem. A word is onomatopoeic if the sound it makes when pronounced aloud resembles the actual sound the word is describing such as "crash," "ping" and "woof." Poets also use words to stimulate six senses: sight, hearing, smell, touch and taste. For example, "Vacuum cleaner’s whir and hum startles my ferret" (hearing).

These techniques add emphasis to certain meanings within the poem or help to construct interesting images. Poets use these tools to help reader understand their poems better.

Article posted January 19, 2012 at 01:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 60

I chose the quote from Albert Einstein because he was a very intelligent scientist. He said, "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." Albert was basically saying to ask a question no matter how embarrassing it could be. It applies to my life because I'm curious. I always ask questions on how something works. That's how I learn and grow. Curiosity can make a huge impact on this world because people will want to discover life's most fascinating mysteries. They will uncover all the answers to the biggest questions just like Albert Einstein did.

I'd like to improve my academic, athletic, and social skills by the end of this school year. First of all, I'd like to get straight A's the rest of the year so I'll get a gold medal like last year. Next, I become more athletic by enrolling more sports. My last goal is to get more friends, but it is going to be a little hard because I am annoying. I will be happy when I get all my goals accomplished this year.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:33 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

Working in a group for the poetry wiki had both ups and downs. Getting the facts and pictures was easy for my group. Communications within the group was quick. However, we should've added more information in the discussion tab. I didn't like working with a partner in Louisiana because he didn't do much. I should've logged on the wiki more often than once between every class to get more work done. Overall, working on the wiki project was fun even though I felt a little frustrated sometimes.

Feed back to Mrs. Lubich:

I think you and Mrs. G should give us six days instead of five days to work on this project. I felt I little rushed and stressed with five days to complete the poetry wiki. I would have added more details to the movie. Other than that, I enjoyed working on the wiki very much.

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 01:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

Greece is a country next to Turkey. It has many ancient ruins that attract tourists. Some Greeks worship many gods.That's all I know about present day Greece.

We're in groups in Humanities. We call our groups city-states. Our groups are named after five Greek cities. They are: Sparta, Athens, Argos, Megara, and Corinth. My group is Athens. Megara's, Corinth's, and Argos' challenge is to beat the two great cities, Sparta and Athens. They try to get points from games. We also made a cheer and a secret hand shake to say when our city-state wins a game. The worst part is that the men in the city-states have to escort the woman in and out of the room like in the ancient Greek's time. It's still a little fun.

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 12:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 110

It’s 1946 in London, England…

Mr. Henry was taking his evening stroll around six o’ clock. All of the sudden something had him by his neck. He tried calling for help, but all that came out were screeches. He couldn’t breathe! He made gurgling noises. Slowly his vision became black as he died. Just before he died, he saw a woman just starring at him, smiling.

“So tell me again how you found Mr. Henry,” said Captain Trip, the head of the police department.

“Well, I heard high pitched screams, so I went to see who was screaming. When I got to the scene, I saw Mr. Henry dead on the ground, but one of his shoes was missing. I also saw a man running away.” said Mrs. Clood.

Captain Trip asked, “What did he look like?”

“Well, he was about five and a half feet tall with blond hair. He had a tan jacket and brown pants. His shoes were black. I presume he was wearing a mask over his eyes to disguise himself.” said Mrs. Clood.

“We have heard of this man. He has killed many people. He might be choking his victims, so we call him the Choking Bandit. By the time we get to the murder scenes, the choking marks have faded. Only one detective can solve this case and that’s Edward Holmes, grandson of Sherlock Holmes!”

“Here we are, 22B Baker Street,” said Captain Trip. “I’ll go and see if he is available.”

Right before Captain Trip knocked on the door, it opened. Out came Edward Holmes. Edward had black hair with blue eyes. He was about six feet tall and was smoking his pipe, as usual.

“Ah, Trip, what can I do for you?” said Edward Holmes.

“Well, sir, Mrs. Clood has a story for you about a murder.” replied Captain Trip.

“Actually, I don’t have time for that now. Sorry, I have a meeting to get to.” said Holmes. “I’ll meet her at two o’clock tomorrow.”

“Yes, sir,” replied Captain Trip.

Trip arrived at the murder site to see Edward looking impatient.

“You are late.” He said.

“Sorry, there was a lot of traffic,” said Trip.

“It’s ten o’clock. You’re an hour late,” said Holmes. “Well, you see these marks on the ground?”

“Yes, sir,” replied Trip.

“It indicates that the bandit had a cane,” said Edward. “He hid it from Mrs. Clood’s view, so it would be harder to find him, or Mrs. Clood saw it, but didn’t report it. Let’s go and get something to eat and head to Mrs. Clood’s house.”

Edward and Trip were walking along the sidewalk. Neither of them were talking.

Then Edward said, “What did the missing shoe look like from Mr. Henry’s foot?”

Trip said, “It was brown and made of leather and was about the size of my shoe.”

“I think I found it,” said Holmes, and right behind the glass window of a shoe shop was the missing shoe.

Holmes and Trip went inside the shop, but nobody was there. They started to head out of the shop. Right before they went out, the shoemaker attacked them. Trip easily pinned him down.

The shoemaker yelled, “Please let me go!”

“Then tell us how you got that shoe over there.” said Trip.

“A Mrs. Clood came and paid me to make duplicates of it.”

Holmes and Trip rushed out of the shop to Mrs. Clood’s house.

When they got there, they found Mrs. Clood’s body on her kitchen floor.

Holmes said, “Interesting. The Choking Bandit make people do his dirty work and then kill them when they least expected it. Trip?”

Holmes heard a thud and a scream, and heard Trip shout “Got you!”

Holmes found Trip with the Choking Bandit in handcuffs.

“Let me go or I’ll kill you!” the bandit shouted angrily.

“Let’s see who’s behind the mask,” said Edward, taking off the bandit’s mask.

“Charles?” said Trip. “I thought you died years ago, and why are you the bandit?”

“I faked my death, brother. That’s right. Who would think to look for a dead man? Isn’t that clever? ” said Charles.

“You were a good man,” said Trip, “I’ll take him to court tomorrow, Edward. For now, Charles will stay in jail cell with no food, but he will get water.”

Holmes arrived at the court house.

Trip said, “He has been sent off to bet hung for his hideous crimes. This time we’ll see him dead and buried with our own eyes.”

Holmes said, “I conclude that Charles wanted Mrs. Clood to get duplicates of the shoe to fool us, so that we couldn’t find him. He didn’t want Mrs. Clood to tell anybody about him, so he killed Mrs. Clood, but you caught him when he was leaving. I think Charles just wanted revenge because he was bullied a lot in school. Is that right because you are his brother?”

“Yes, it is true,” said Trip, “I thought he died in a carriage accident.”

Just then, a police officer rushed in.

“Mr. Holmes. Someone just robbed the Royal Bank of England and he murdered two security guards. The robber took two-hundred bars of gold.” said the officer.

“Come on Trip, let’s go investigate,” Said Holmes.

Edward Holmes and Captain Trip left the court room to solve yet another mystery.

Article posted November 15, 2011 at 12:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 78

It's that time of the year. We think about what we have to be thankful for. I have great thanks for my family, friends, and all the Legos I have. First, I am thankful for my family because they care for me when I am sick and help me with school work. Then, I am also thankful for my friends because I can talk with them and play with them when I am very bored. My friends also make school fun. Last but not least, I'm really thankful for all the Legos I have because when I build them, I express my creativity. These are the three things that I'm thankful for most. What are you, reader, thankful for?

Article posted November 10, 2011 at 12:01 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

The best mystery I've read is "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle because the speckled band actually was a snake. It's the best mystery because Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was descriptive and had unexpected twists such as when Dr. Roylott's plan back fired on him.  His plan was to kill Helen with the snake, but the snake ended up killing him!  I did not expected something like that to happen.  It is also a lot better than The Adventure of Priory School.

Here is my story starter...

Bob was doing his normal evening walk when all of the sudden something had him by his neck. He couldn't breathe! He tried calling for help, but all that come out of his mouth were high pitched screeches.  Then he died.

Article posted November 2, 2011 at 03:43 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

I like blogging because you can post articles and comment on other people's articles. My experience has been awesome because I get know my friends better. Blogging has gone smoothly for me because I have had few mistakes. We should write what Christmas means to us when Christmas comes.

This is my topic paragraph:

It is near Veteran’s Day. We’ll always remember those who died in tragedies and honor men and women who have served in the United State armed forces. Many firefighters, policemen, port authorities, and civilians left for work, but they never made it home to their loved ones. Our veterans have given their time and risked their lives to serve and protect our country. Therefore, it’s important to remember that many have even died in doing so.

This is my paragraph that needs work:

We show our appreciation for our veterans by designating a federal holiday in their honor and remembering them. Veteran’s Day is a day of remembrance of their courage and selflessness. It is the least that we as Americans can do to honor our veterans who are prepared to give the ultimate sacrifice in order to preserve our country’s freedoms. Some military troops die in battle, and we are sad for their families. As life goes on, we rebuild and recover. We will always remember.

Those are my paragraphs. Please give me feedback.

Astronomers now think that we can travel to another solar system in the 22nd century. Scientist George Hart thinks that robots will explore other solar systems with human brains. Scientists are planing to go to solar system Alpha Centauri. It is more than 25 trillion miles away! It has taken 34 years for Voyager 1 to go 11 billion miles. Nuclear power might work, but it would get you sick. No matter how scientists find out how to get to the next solar system, they will be determined to get their quickly before the 23rd century.

I think space travel is absolutely interesting because we might find more life in the galaxy. I also find space fascinating. There are so many mysteries about the Milky Way. Accomplishing space travel will contribute in answering many questions about space.

I got my information from: [LINK]

Article posted October 12, 2011 at 12:21 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

I just finished The Bellmaker by Brian Jacques, the sequel to Mariel of Redwall. The Bellmaker is a book in the Redwall series. I really enjoyed reading this series. The Bellmaker is about a mouse named Joseph the Bellmaker seeking out for his lost daughter, Mariel, and a mouse, Dandin, who are in grave danger. Joseph and four others from Redwall, an abbey, seek out Mariel and Dandin before it's too late.  Along the way,  they gather allies to defeat Urgan Nagru, a fox that holds Mariel and Dandin hostage. I recomend this book to anybody that likes adventure stories and the Redwall series.

Article posted October 6, 2011 at 01:29 AM GMT • comment • Reads 90

Once upon a time...

"No, no, no. Too many stories start with, Once upon a time...",said Marthias,"How about this? Of all the things in the world that get me annoyed and cause tons of trouble are my sons, Jordathis and Parthas..."

Marthias said, "Seriously, you two have been in school for fifty days, and how many time have you been to detention? Fifty."

"Sorry, Da." said Parthas.

"That's what you said for the last forty-nine times!" said Marthias.

"We're very sorry, Da," mumbled Jordathis.

Marthias said," I've taking your 82 inch screen T.V.s, your portable electronics, your toys, and your sport gear. I've basically taken everything from you. Just go to bed."

Jordathis and Parthas slowly went up stairs.

Marthias yelled in anger,"Ride the bus tomorrow morning!"

Marthias had a busy morning at his work. Phones were ringing every minute.

Ring! Ring! The phone's ID said that it was Marthias' sons' school.

Marthias said,"Hello? Is this about my sons? Yes?"

There was a little silence.

Then Marthias shouted,"THEY DID WHAT?!?!?"

Marthias yelled,"You two are grounded to your rooms for the rest of the month! Getting suspended for the rest of the month! Ugh!"

Jordathis and Parthas went to their room, that they shared, whimpering.

"The only rule I have and it's 'treat others how you want to be treated' and they can't follow that." said Marthias quietly,"They better change."

One month later...

Jordathis and Parthas just finished setting up a trap for a teacher to get caught in. Then the loud speaker went on,"Attention! Go to your classrooms immediately! A robber is coming to the building!"

Jordathis and Parthas didn't go to their classroom, they went to their lockers next to the trap.

They herd the robber barg in the school. The robber stool the money in the cafeteria. He decided to go out a different exit, but he had to go through Jordathis' and Parthas' trap. The robber didn't know that there was a trap, so he got stuck in the trap.

Jordathis and Parthas were heroes for once!

Marthias said,"I'm so proud of you two. You get everything back I took away from you."

"Yes!" said Jordathis and Parthas together as one.

Marthias got a phone call at his work. The caller ID was Jordathis' and Parthas' school.

"Hopefully My sons did something good again" said Marthias as he picked up the phone.

The was silence.

Marthias shouted,"THEY DID WHAT TO YOU!?!?!"

THE END

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 12:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

It's Banned Books Week sadly. I don't feel too good about Banned Books Week. Some of the books people chose were not the worst in a series they chose it from. Freedom of speech falls into this because people say what books they want banned. We all have the choice to choose, but you do not have to. Books shouldn't be banned because odds are if you don't like the book, someone else is going to like it.

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 12:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

I learned a little bit at the Fox Run field trip. The best part of the Fox Run field trip was when we did the camouflage game with Mr. Howard because the game was fun and my dad taught me how to stay blended in with the environment. I enjoyed the egg game withe Mrs. Gagnon because she made us think that we had to carry around uncooked eggs. They were really hard boiled eggs. I learned that animals could be watching you, and you don't now that they are watching you. The Fox Run field trip was very fun.

Article posted September 21, 2011 at 12:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

I don't agree that 28/7=13 because I understand the guy's logic, but he is wrong. It's just like 25/5=14. I figured that 25/5=14 because a saw a You Tube video like this one a couple months ago. 15/3=14 works, too, because I found the pattern on how to find equations like these.

Article posted September 13, 2011 at 01:23 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 81

One of the weirdest things that has happened to me was when I was little and I falling that basement stairs. When ever I hit the bottom, my head hit first every time. Another weird thing that has happened to me was when I tripped at a rehearsal for a piano recital. I t was weird because nobody ever trips. The last weirdest thing about me, that am going to share, was when I was trying to burp while trying to hick-up.

Article posted September 7, 2011 at 12:25 AM GMT • comment • Reads 71

Rachel’s Challenge was a pretty good presentation. It wasn’t as sad because I have seen the video before. I do not think that the assembly was worthwhile. I t was a little effective on me. The assembly could be needed depending on what situation you are in. I took away kindness from the assembly. Technically, I did that last year. This year, I also took away forgiveness. Over all, Rachel’s Challenge was an okay presentation.

Article posted August 30, 2011 at 09:24 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 70

Seven Random Facts

Michael

1. I like to build with Legos.

2. I have a big brother.

3. I play the flute and piano.

4. I like to read a lot.

5. I have a fish named Desert because he/she is mostly orange.

6. My favorite colors are tan, red, and blue.

7. My favorite holidays are Christmas and Easter.