I thought 7th grade was pretty fun despite the ups and downs of it. The things that were successful were making new friends, trying to solve new problems that came along with being a 7th grader, and totally having better grades than last year. The thing that wasn't successful was me trying to get into a higher range for math test scores. What I learned academically is that I can push myself to do greater things than I have ever done before. What I learned personally is that I can give it my all and not really give it my all. I also learned that I personally should try to have a better attitude about things and try new things every once in awhile. What I would change is who I became in the first semester of the school year and have no missing assignments at all. There were some things I learned the hard way like having my phone on in my pocket in class and having too many missing assignments. Some things I would like to change or do in the 8th grade is accomplish the goal of not having any missing assignments and try to have a higher range for a math test grade. A piece of advice for incoming 7th graders is don't argue with somebody about something that's stupid regardless if they are younger than you or who started it. The key thing is don't continue the arguement and try to be the bigger person.

International Towne was different from every other thing I have done in my whole entire life. What I thought of the experience was this is great. When I learned about how to do my job I thought it sounded complicated, but when I found out what I really had to do it didn't sound that hard anymore. What I learned is why countries trade with other countries, the cultures for other countries, and how interdependence is involved in International Towne. If I could change anything about my visit to International Towne is I would do all of the culture activities I needed to do first then I would go and buy the things I wanted. The best part I think was my job, because I was under a lot of pressure and it helped me learn that I could be fast and efficient at the same time. 

World history influences our world today,because the technology that we have today developed from the technology that was in the medieval times. Why was King Tut's tomb such a big discovery? Well, King Tut's tomb was a big discovery, because originally it had been thought to be a myth and that other archeologists were trying to lead Howard Carter into a dead end. It was also such a big discovery, because it was the most intact tomb to have ever been discovered.

Some of the things I learned from some of the other 7th graders was about the Roman aqueducts, medieval food, the pyramids of Giza and more. Some of the more things I learned about some of the projects was that the Roman aqueducts were built out of stone, that after some of ancient tombs were built that they would kill and bury the workers so that they wouldn't give away the location of the tomb, last thing I learned was the meaning behind King Tut's death mask.

My topic has created change for me, because the original topic I was going to do was the mask of Tutankhamun and what the meaning was behind it, but I couldn't any information on it. So I decided to King Tut's Tomb. My final project is coming along great my dad gives me his opinions on it whil I work on it for two hours a day during the weekend. It is going to help answer my question by helping me understand my project more fully than I ever thought I would. My project is almost ready and I think when I finish my museum display my project will be more than ready, it will be finished. I think this whole project has made a major impact on me, because I learned more about my topic than I thought I would learn.

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 12:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

When Panina went downstairs she discovered that it was the evil queen's men trying to find Brianna, because the creatures in this world aren't supposed to let humans into their houses or talk to them. Brianna had broken the law. So Panina goes up to Brianna's room and says, "Brianna we gotta get outta here fast. Some men keep looking for you. They keep saying 'She's gotta be frozen, because she broke the number 1 law' I have no idea what their talking about can you please tell me what it might be about?" After Panina finishes talking Brianna says, "Panina they are saying that, because I wasn't supposed to talk to you or let you in my house, but I did. So, I must pay the price. I am so sorry and those men are the queen's evil hench men. I need to get you outta here before they discover you and if they do I could be killed all, because I let you in my house."

We "played" with the chicken wings to find out how muscles work. What I thought was that is was fun and gross at the same time. I think it was worthwhile. I think it was better than reading or watching a movie about muscles, because we got to experience it ourselves. I learned that muscles are connected to tendons and tendons are connected to the bone. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN=http://=http://=http://=http://!!!

I try my hardest to be friends

But you stay away

I feel that you will never forgive me

But that you will be stubborn everyday

I know that what I said was wrong

But I take it back

If you never forgive me

I will accept that for that

When we watched Ernest Green I thought it was a touching story to me. What I would have done is ask them “Who do you think we’re talking to?’ those kids who thought they could do what they wanted to The Little Rock Nine. I think I would’ve had the courage to fight back, because I am a person who will not back away without a fight. I believe everybody should fight for their rights and no matter what anybody says to you doesn’t mean you don’t deserve to be treated like everybody else just because of the color of your skin or because of your religion. What I thought was that the things the Caucasian children were telling The Little Rock Nine was not okay, because if I were to have said that to someone from one of my old schools I know what would happen and that out come would not have been very pretty. So, the main thing I am trying to say is that the way they were speaking to The Little Rock Nine was not okay and will never be in my eyes. Things have changed today, because there isn’t as much racism today as there was during the time when segregation was going on in the schools as well as in the business world. Some things haven’t changed though, because some people are still racist against the blacks and that is not appreciated. I also do not approve of what the high school students said to The Little Rock Nine, because I am related to black people and that is not okay if someone insults someone all, because of their skin color. I will not tolerate it, because of who I am related to. I still believe that there are other instances of discrimination going on in the world today, because some people believe that anybody who is a Muslim is part of the Taliban all because of what happened on 9/11.

Article posted March 2, 2012 at 12:41 AM GMT • comment • Reads 70

The quote that I hear a lot and that I like a lot is "You can lead a horse to the water, but you can't make him drink it" by journalist Dorothy Parker.

I try my hardest to be friends

But you stay away

I feel that you will never forgive me

But that you will be stubborn everyday

I know that what I said was wrong

But I take it back

If you never forgive me

I will accept that for that