Article posted May 18, 2012 at 02:10 AM GMT • comment • Reads 84

I've learned so much this year. I'm going to miss my friends and teachers. The part when I learned a lot was successful, but the fact that we didn't get through everything was unsatisfactory. From seventh grade, I learned so much! I learned a lot academically, but I also learned about life. I learned that once you have it, it is what it is and that you can't change it. This is a lesson I will remember for my whole life. If I were to evaluate team 743, I think that it's great! the teachers were great, the students were too and if we keep this up, I believe that team 743 will be a phenomenal team. When I go into 8th grade, I want to change my habit of freaking out over the smallest things. I'm sure you've all seen me do this. If I were to talk to a next year's seventh grader I would tell them not to be scared and have fun. After all, you're not the youngest ones anymore!

I loved International Towne! It was the best field trip that I’ve ever been to. I think that this is going to help me a lot in the future. I learned that getting a job is hard and making that job succeed is hard too. If I could change anything, it would be that we should be able to stay longer. I think that it was too short. The best part of this experience was when I got to work at my country because I love selling things and my job was the museum guide. I love helping people and talking to them.

The world history fair yesterday was so awesome! I have learned so much from it! I learned about bamboo paintings that an artist named Wen Tong painted. It was really interesting to learn about the skills he used and the materials.

The people there didn't tell me much. They were just either standing or sitting next to their project and displaying or handing out things. From the display and 2D/3D projects, I have learned a lot about ancient people and objects in different places. It was so fun and I am looking forward to see the next year's 7th graders' work too!

I haven't really started the book yet, but from reading the back and the title, I think that the book will be interesting and that it won't be only about planting seed, but will have a different story. I have been absent on Green Days all week, so I only got to do the one where we make the flowers with Mr. Howard. It was really fun (and way better than doing math!) We had to be careful because we could get cut by the cans. We made a whole garden of them. I spent my whole class period just making one flower! Some people made two of them. Even though we had limits, we had plenty to make a flower, or butterfly.

Article posted April 18, 2012 at 02:25 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

I have learned many things so far. I haven't really started it, but I did plan it out. I think that this project is going to be the biggest project in my life! I have three big ideas and they are like the answers to my guiding question. I don't think I am quite ready yet, but I want to get at least 3/4 of it done this weekend so that I don't have to do it at the last second! This is going to be great!

I don't think I'm an animal or nature person, but I'm going to write about it anyways.Here's a story my mom told me: One time, when my mom was at a parking lot, she saw a deer and she freaked out( this was at Target) and she thought it was a moose. She said it was towering over our car and she didn't know what to do. Luckily she was in her car. Then, she slowly backed away. A bunch of people said that she was crazy because the deer would attack. To her advantage, it didn't. I find that funny. Hopefully, when I'm older I don't see a deer( or moose, as my mom says).

It's true, we have been playing around with some chicken! We were learning about muscles and bones. It was awesome! I loved it! My group didn't let me dissect it though. I was worth while, although my group didn't get to finsh. I learned many things about how our arm works and the parts of it.

Here's a poem that I wrote I hope you like it:

Invent a Word: The Irish Man

I got a new balloon yesterday

I still have it

My pinkscrumptious balloon

My favorite color

I got it from the balloon man

His brownlicious beard made me laugh

He looked like an Irish man

He may have been

He wore a greenomania shirt and overall

His tiny little feet fit into his smallific little shoes

He danced while he assembled my balloon

Then, just to be funny, he drank some helium from a balloon

He spoke in a cutified voice and I laughed

Then, it was time for me to go

So I left, waving to the old man

Along with my pinkscrumptious balloon.

So, how was it? Please give me feed back!

I think that this story taught me a lot of things. People shouldn't judge other people because of their skin color, what they wear, or if they're wealthy or not. If I were one of the Little Rock Nines, I would have stopped going to the school, or told a teacher to look over whenever I walked by and watch so they have proof. I would've gotten so mad. I would have had the courage to fight back. I don't like it when people judge me and I don't think they should judge anybody at all. I would've rather fought back and get expelled other than getting my feelings hurt everyday and having a hard time. Overall, I think that that wasn't a smart reason to segregate and treated them differently because it's not fair. I'm glad that things have changed now. Anyone can go to the same school and no one will judge anyone by their skin color. There are other instances of discrimination going on in the world. People judge other people because of disabilities, races, and etc.

Article posted March 1, 2012 at 02:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

The quote that I decided that was explaining me was "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue it." Walt Disney. I think this because I have dreams and I have something I want to do when I get older, but I don't think I ever really tackle it. This is a poem that I made up to match this quote:

Follow Your Dreams

Follow your dreams,

have courage,

try,

never stop believing,

you will always have a chance,

always believe and,

follow your dreams

We have been studying microbiology and cells for a long time now and now it's the end of this unit. I know that all of these cells are composed of cells and they can't reproduce without another cell and that all living things contain cells. I think the best part of this unit was playing with the playdough because we got to learn and have fun, but the worst part was when we had to take notes. There were lots of labs and they were fun because we got to look through the microscopes. This unit was so fun!

Article posted February 18, 2012 at 04:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

Here's my prep poem. How do you like it? Please give me feedback:

The Bright, Red Shoes

In the store,

through the plastic bag,

beside the fat, grey door,

out of the tall, glass building,

through the trunk of the car,

on someone’s dirty feet,

with some tan-colored socks,

in a puddle of mushy, brown, mud,

from the feet,

to a trash bag,

within a garbage can,

in the garbage truck,

next to piece of trash,

beyond the hot, burning fire,

toward the incinerator,

in the flames of the fire,

into another life.

Article posted February 10, 2012 at 12:06 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

The book that I am reading now is called the Phantom Tollbooth. I just started reading it and it is really cool. It's about a boy named Milo that finds a tollbooth in his room. He goes into it and starts an adventure. Sometimes, it can get confusing and that's what I think is what I dislike about it. When I read it a lot though, it started to make a lot of sense. So far, it's a very good book and I like it. I recommend it to other people.

As you can see, I am obsessed with music. So, I'm going to have to talk about music again. Tomorrow,I'll be having a Middle School Honor Band concert.I am so excited. Yesterday was the first full band rehersal and a composer, Douglas Akey, conducted us. He was so funny. he used metaphors of all kinds. Then, he talked about why he wrote this one song, "Ever More Distant", and the story behind it was very touching. I had a really fun time yesterday and I hope to have more tomorrow.

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 04:50 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

Some tools that poets use to create effect in their writing are the literary devices, powerful words, and quotes that can change your life. The devices help people visualize the poem better. like in the poem "Jazz Makes me Sing" it helps you hear how the rhythme goes. a line in the poem goes "Blooblop deblee blooblop deblam". Even though the powerful words and quotes are put in different words, they are mostly the same. These words can both change people's lives because they may be very touching or very powerful to them. These are some tools that I think poets use when they create effect in writing.

1) "Believe you can and you're halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt is the quote that I chose because I thought it was it was something I would do. I thought it meant to keep going and keep in mind that you can do it, then you will be there in no time. Sometimes, I just stop and quit because I don't believe my self and think that I can't do it. This can apply to my life because it will teach me to keep going and never give up. This can also be used to change someone's attitude because they may not want to keep going and just stop because they're tired of it or they think that they are horrible at it, but if they believe, they can do it. It could make an impact on the world because when people do what this quote says, then no one will give up and they will keep trying so that we accomplish more things in the future. This is why I chose this quote to write about.

I tried to make some new year's revolutions, but I couldn't really think of any thing... Some of the goals that I thought of were:

~Being nice to my sisters.

~Maintain my grades

~Helping my mom out.

~Practicing my music hard.

~To pay attention in class.

Although my goals are small things, I will try my best to achieve them.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 05:01 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

I think the project didn’t go as well as I thought it would because we didn’t get done in time. I think that working in a group this way was hard, but interesting because I have never worked like this with a group. I couldn’t really tell my group which parts I would do or which parts they would and I would’ve gotten feedback faster if I was talking to them in person. I think what we could’ve done differently was to make everyone check the wiki more often. The thing that went well was that at least two of us got our work done in time and that our communication in the beginning was successful. A way that you can improve this project for next year is that you can encourage students to give feedback more often. I loved this wiki idea and I think it’s a wonderful idea to do the wiki when talking to people in far distances.

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 04:54 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

What I know about Greece is that it is located in Europe and they believed in the Gods. They never said it was their faults if they lost to something, but said that it was the decision of the Gods. They also have city-states. City-states were an I'mportant part of Greek history because that's how they governed themselves.

What we are doing in class is deciding what city-states we get and what our chants will be. We are also deciding what our uniforms will be. This is what we are doing in humanities.

Article posted December 3, 2011 at 05:38 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 68

The topic I chose to write about is my Youth Symphony concert that I played at today. I loved playing and I think it was a great experience. There were many groups that played. They're just like band concerts, but they have stringed instruments. It was awesome watching other people perform and playing for them. This is why I cose to write about my concert.

Article posted November 19, 2011 at 05:48 AM GMT • comment • Reads 70

Three things I am thankful for are my family, my home and the food. One reason I am thankful for my family is because they care for me. Some kids my age are orphaned and don't have a family. Second, they are always there for me when I am feeling bad. Lastly, I love my family and will always love them. I am thankful for my home because in some countries, they don't get homes. I love my warm little house. I am also thankful for my food. Without food, I would die! Some people only get 1 meal everyday and I get 3 and snacks, so I am really lucky. This is why I am thankful for these things.

Article posted November 10, 2011 at 12:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

The best mystery that I have read was The "Pit and The Pendulum" by Edgar Allan Poe. I liked this book because it was so suspenseful and it made me all sweaty (of course I'm being sarcastic). Another thing that I liked about this book was that it was so mysterious, it made me wonder what would happen next. It made me want to keep reading.

I would like to write a mystery like that, but I am not a mystery writer, so I may want to write a humorous mystery, or a not a VERY suspenseful mystery. I want to write a mystery that draws attention, so it must have some suspense. I think my story will start out kind of like this:

Down in my basement is a leprechaun. I shake with fear whenever I hear it. Of course, I have never seen a real leprechaun before, but I have the proof all in here. Whenever I come back to the main floor from the basement, I always look around.

When I was going to the famous detective yesterday…

How is it? Needs something more? Leave your thinking in the coments.

I think that blogging has been a great experience because I never blog. I have had some problems because sometimes I had silly mistakes and sometimes, I even had a hard time thinking about what to write. Although I have had a tough time, I still enjoy writing like this, blogging. Otherwise, I think this has gone smoothly for me so far.

This is my introductory sentence:

Why should we remember? We can’t forget so that we don’t make the same mistake again. We want to remember the people in the military. We want to appreciate them and thank them for what they did for our country and other people’s countries. Three reasons that occurred to me that I will never forget are when I broke my nose, when my little sister’s diaper leaked onto my flute case, and when I fell in the halls.

How is it? any thing I can improve on? Please respond to my paragraph.

Article posted October 21, 2011 at 12:36 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

I learned many things from a video that I watched recently. Another thing that I learned was that central America had a HUGE flood! I think the people in central america were really scared and I sould be scared of this flood too, because it would be damaging everything. I also think that this is dangerous. I wish that the kids didn't get hurt. If this was their first flood, they probably would have panicked. I have never been in a flood either, so this would have scared me also. This is what I learned on CNN student news. URL: [LINK]

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 06:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

The great book that I am reading lately is a book called Thirteen Plus One by Lauren Myracle. I like this book because the characters seem so real and so do the settings and the actions. I also like it because it is in a series the names of these books are Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, and, Thirteen Plus One. I love this book and it is awesome.

for this blog, I chose the time I went to Canada for the first time in many years. The wierd thing is that I was born in Canada. I left to come to the U.S. when I was 2 years old! I haven't been there again until last year. I got so excited! I was so happy that I got to go back to Canada. Well, apparantly it was colder than I thought and it was super scary. I had brought only one coat and it was super thick. I had brought it just in case because my mom told me I had to. That was a good idea. Why was it scary? It was probably because of the homeless people roaming around the whole place. Then, my dad asked me if I wanted to go to college there, and I definitely said NO!!! My dad asked me why and I said it was too scary. He said that this was the country I was born in and it is safer than any other country in this world. Then I finally got used to the place. I didn't want to leave this place any more. Other than that it was cold, this was a very exciting trip!!!!

The best part of the field trip was when we played games; it was really fun, probably because I didn’t have to write nor do much school work. My favorite part was where we got to play the team work games, especially the one with the tubes and we had to get it through the tubes and get it to the can. I learned that teamwork is the best thing when you are playing teamwork games and I also learned about animals surviving, camouflaging, hunting their food and becoming the food of other animals. This is why I loved this field trip!!!

I feel that books shouldn't be banned and everyone should be able to read them. Freedom of speech falls into this when people choose whether or not this book is good for other people. Every person should be able to read any book in this world. This is why books shouldn't be banned.

Article posted September 22, 2011 at 12:50 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

What I have seen that was "mathematical" was that the person was counting wrong. You can also do this with 5 and 14. I know this because

5)25(14

5

20

21=14=4

22=14=8

23=14=12

24=14=16

25=14=20

I did this before I watched the second one. ^.^

The funniest and scariest thing that has ever happened to me was when I broke my nose. I was in 4th grade and  was in P.E. when this happened. I was running and my friend ran into me, my friend’s forehead came up to my nose. We were running the opposite way from each other. I was just jogging like a normal 4th grader. The next thing you know is CRASH! I went to the hospital and they told me I broke my nose and that I had to get surgery. That was like the scariest thing for me because imagine you’re a 4th grader and you bump your nose into something hard. Well, luckily my friend’s head wasn’t hurt and everything went fine… well, just about fine when picture day came!

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 12:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

I thought that this assembly was awesome and that it helped others to be nicer. I thought this was a worthwhile assembly because it touched many people's hearts. I definitely thought we needed this assembly because It helped others know how great it is to be nice to people others than being mean. It made other people fill up buckets instead of taking from them. This was probably very effective to everyone because people who bully may stop bullying and it may help them become better people. I will try, myself, to change in a way and hopefully by the last time I watch this video, or assembly, I will have changed into a much better person.

Article posted August 30, 2011 at 09:45 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 44

7 Random Facts I like to draw. -I like to play music.. My favorite subject is math. My least favorite subject is humanities. I like swimming. My favorite color is pink. I am easily amused.