“Well why don’t I talk about the way we misunderstand about people” the counselor said “ we all have those days where we don’t want to do anything but we all need to have a reason for it does not matter if you saw on the news something bad happened we can’t change it. We all know it is sad but it does not mean anything so at least try to be happy for your friends and family and yourself.”

“ok I will try but for every one but myself” the student replied.

Just last wednesday, on the fourth, I got two new puppies! My dad has been doing some construction work in Oklahoma for my moms uncle. And my mom's uncle's friend's dog... (that was alot!) just had a litter! The dog owner isn't taking good care of the litter so my dad took two of the pupppies home for us to keep! There names are Bear, and Jezebelle, Bear is the boy and Jezzie's the girl. Bear looks like a golden retriever, but the fur around his face is short and brown. Jezzie looks like an austrailian shepard. They are so cute! but it is a lot of responsibility! Especcially considering the fact that we now have 4 dogs!!!

Article posted April 10, 2012 at 01:57 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

I think this upcoming summer is going to be fun. I can't wait. My brain is kind of dead from school so it will be a nice break. plus hanging out with my friends might help my mood. I'm going to have a lot of sleepovers! I will have a lot of fun. I think I will also do a lot of tanning! I should probably learn how to swim also! I can't wait for this summer!

Article posted April 16, 2012 at 12:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

I'm exited for International Towne because of how we get to by stuff with money. Also, who doesn't like field trips!! From the learning perspective it will make your mind spin with 4 types of money and doing your jobs correctly. It will be a blast hanging out with my friends and running around International Towne!!!

Now, writing about this may make me sound like an architecture geek, but, I am Into Architectual Engineering and design. There is currently a project going on in Venus, Florida called The Venus Project. Is an architectual project aimed on designing the culture,scociety, economics, and architecture of the future. They have built some buidings already, and they are focosedc on a simple, minimal reacources used theme. thevenusproject.com/

I was just thinking the other day, that it would be really cool if we could bend and shape things, and get rif of things by will. Like lets say you cant see the TV, just move your hands in a certain way, and *BOOM* its big. Just saying, that would be cool. Also, if you could change thing's appearance, like change your food green or orange, or yellow with rainbow polka-dots.... just saying... boredom leads me to cool ideas.... tht would be so cool though.

I think spring is the best thing ever ecsepte for summer but it is not to hott not to cold it is perfect outsidde. You can go to the park with your friends and just hang out. That is what I did! In spring you also you get to see your family more and SLEEP IN.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 12:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 71

The “Party” Monster

Streamers for locks of hair

Balloon head

Plates for hands and feet

Karaoke Machine body

Stacked cup for the arms and legs

Spoons and knives for the fingers and toes

Cupcakes for the eyes

Cake for the waist

Two disco balls ears

Red glow stick mouth

Fork teeth

Fruit punch saliva

Fake mustache for a mustache

IPod noise

Confetti for nails

Tissue paper for clothes

Wouldn’t you want to party?

With a party monster

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 12:48 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

In September 2006, my dog Meatball, a blue heeler puppy, was officially named a Jackson.  A few months later he started to get bigger and started chasing birds in the sky.  The first time we let him out of our sight he dug a hole under the fence and went and visited our neighbor Treg in his back yard. Treg returned him safely to us and we fixed the hole he dug.  Another few months went by and Meatball got even bigger.  He could chase the birds even faster and he learned how to jump towards them.  By the time Meatball was a year old he could jump an eight foot fence with no problem.  My dad would hold treats above his head and Meatball would jump up and get the treat.  Meatball also use to take a big pot we put water in and dump his water out and play with his pot.  He would bounce it all over the backyard.  He would start at one end of the backyard and jump and hit the pot, it would roll clear across the backyard, he would chase it and then turn around and  jump up and hit his pot again.  We lived in a house that the neighbor didn't like it when he did that, that neighbor called the Humane Society on my family and we had to take Meatball's pot away from him.  Now, he has a football on a rope that we play with him.  Meatball has been a great friend and protector.  He doesn't let anybody around our house that he doesn't know.  He barks everytime he hears someone new or sees someone walking, he even barks at the trash man. Meatball mostly is my brothers dog, but he still likes me.  This past August we added a new member to our family, Harley.  We are pretty sure that Meatball likes him, but he does keep Harley in line and lets him know who is boss.  I could go on for hours with stories about Meatball, I hope one day I will get to tell the same kind of stories about Harley.

The Smelly Monster has:

A head of stinky cabbage.

Ears of nasty swiss cheese.                                                                                         

His eyes are green eggs.

Ham for his mouth has a great stench.

His body is covered with smelly, dirty, unwashed clothes.                                                            

Nasty mayonnaise he uses for deodorant.

Arms of moldy cucumbers.

Hands covered in yucky oranges.

Smelly bacon fingers.

Legs of old zucchini.

Feet of rotting bananas

Toes of licked licorice.

Tail of rotten sausage links.

Mr. Smelly wouldn’t be a very good house guest.

I love Spring! Spring is probably my favorite season of the year. I like spring because its not too hot or too cold.It also rains in Spring!!! Most people say that they think that when it rains they feel glomy, well they have obviously never danced in the rain! I love it when it rains the sound of the "pitter patter" against the roof. I love the smell after it rains its so refreshing, and its even better when there is a rainbow after!

Spring is one of my favorite seasons. The weather is perfect! Not too warm, not too cold. It's just right. It is the time of year when flowers begin to bloom. Trees regain their leaves and blossum beautiful flowers. The grass begins to green and the animals come out of hibernation. Spring is when you can go outside in the early morning to the birds chirping and enjoy the morning air. Spring is the time of rain. I love the rain. It is probably my favorite part of spring time. It moistens the the air and gives plants a chance to regain life.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 02:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

I find that springtime is the prettiest time of year. The flowers bloom, and the trees start to grow leaves. The only problem is the allergies. With all of the pollen in the air, I often find myself feeling quite miserable. The end of the school year is a motivation to keep getting up in the morning. If there wasn't a MAJOR break comming up, I might not get out of bed. 

Tonight is our jazz concert. If we can pull it off, I think it will be great. I just hope we're ready. Only having weekly rehearsals leaves a lot of time for forgetting music. Several people will be soloing as well. I hope our solos turn out well. The concert will also be the resolution for the "best soloist" rivalry that has always existed between Ryan and me. I fully intend to out-solo him two hours from now.

Spring is an awesome season!!! Other than fall, I love the spring season because it starts to get warmer!! I love the warm weather but I hate it when it's scorching. Spring also is a great season because flowers start blossoming and for some reason that makes me happy...that's really weird...haha Anyways, I really LOVE SPRING!!

Article posted April 12, 2012 at 01:31 AM GMT • comment • Reads 63

Must keep running.

That's all I can think about as I run through the strange, green woods. I can hear the sound of the creature coming closer, hard on my heels.

Or was it a creature? I wasn't sure. Maybe it's just a person playing a stupid prank on me. But my instincts tell me to keep running, no matter what.

Of course, at some point, I am going to have to stop. Everyone does. How far had I run? I couldn't remember. I was too busy trying to keep away from this... thing.

The sound of my unknown pursuer fades away, until I can't hear it at all, which is good, because I'm starting to run out of energy. I stop for a moment to take a breath, but I'm ready to run if that's what it comes down to.

I start hearing the sound of feet again, and somehow I know it is the sound of this... stalker? Creature? I don't have much time to think. I scramble up the nearest tree I can find and climb as high as I possibly can.

"All that rock climbing really paid off," I think to myself. "And Mom said it was a waste of time..." I hear the sound of feet coming closer, closer, until I know it's below me. I don't move, though, for fear that movement would make noise and the pursuer would know.

I am still as a statue while he or she stops. "Don't move," I keep thinking to myself. Then, the sound of footsteps resumes and fades away. But I am still to afraid to climb down in case it is still down on the ground somewhere. Eventually, I fall asleep.

When I awake, I hear footsteps and try to blend in as much as possible. But something stops me. It's the sound of my dad, sheriff of the police department, calling my name. "Callie! Callie, are you there?"

"Dad!" I call from the tree. I climb down, and he herds me into his car.

But then, I REALLY wake up. I realize it was all a dream. Who would ever think to look for me in the woods of Ravensdale, Washington? If I want to se my dad again, I'll have to go find him myself. Which means, I'll have to get out of this tree.

I stop to listen for a moment, and when silence reaches my ears, I climb down. I'm on the ground, trying to figure out which way will get me back to town. And then, I remember. My brother's compass! The one he gave me to remind me of him while he was away at college. I always keep it with me. Just to think of him.

I pull out the compass and take a moment for some logic thinking to figure out which way I should go. Once that's done, I start heading home.

I barely take five steps when something from above jumps on top of me and slams my head into rock. The last thing I see before I black out are ice blue eyes.

Some friends and I have formed a video-game development team, we call Team Cobalt. We've been having a lot of fun drawing up crazy concept art and trying to figure out what direction to take our game. Unfortunately, I cannot tell anyone outside the team about what's going to go into the game due to confidentiality, but it WILL be fun! If anyone is interested in participating in this project, speak to me via the blog or during passing.

It goes by fast

But no one can wait to get out

Some people don't want to leave

But most others do

There isn't a huge time span between grades

But we are happy we get the summer off

(but we will miss all of our teachers)

We will see them again soon

It's just a chapter of our lives

And sometimes it may suck

And sometimes it may not suck (as bad)

But we all (somewhere down inside us)

Can't wait to come back

Article posted April 16, 2012 at 01:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

This weekend I'm so excited to ride in a hunter/jumper show. I may also do some dressage! My horse Trendy will need a SPA DAY. I also have some pink glitter to put into her mane and tail. They also have some fun classes I will do with Silver. He also loves to jump and do obstacles. I am super excited and hope I win!

Article posted April 14, 2012 at 04:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 67

The school year is almost over which means summer is right around the corner! I am so excited for summer. I can't wait for the weather to be hot again, and also I can't wait for 3V3 soccer. Only in the summer I can play 3V3 soccer with all of my friends. My favorite part of 3V3 soccer is that it's played on a smaller field and that theres only 6 people on the field. This means that everyone can play every position, and anyone can score. Although I enjoy regular outdoor soccer, 3V3 is a good way to get extra touches on the soccerball in the summer, and it's a good way to stay in shape.

Article posted April 16, 2012 at 05:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

Its spring yay, the season of April showers bring may flowers. The season when rainbows appear with a pot of gold at the end of them. And little kids dream of finding that pot of gold. Spring also signals that the end of school is near... YAY! Which means were almost eighth graders soon. But I’m tired of school so please let it be summer already please.

Article posted April 27, 2012 at 12:35 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

I decided to just find a random quote because, this is one of my favorites, it is inspiring and means a lot. When I found this poem I loved it because when I was younger my mom and relatives would tell me the key to life was happiness, so it kind of reminded me of my childhood.

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life."

-John Lennon

Article posted March 20, 2012 at 02:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

I sat there in my closet,

Crying at what I couldn’t have.

A perfect life with nothing to fear,

But this was something I could never have.

I cried and broke my heart many times over.

I was trying not to blow my cover.

I wanted it all the end,

The hardship, pain and suffering.

So I came up with the perfect plan,

Of this there was no bluffing.

I would sit there in the snow,

Until my tears begun to froze.

I would sit there forever,

Till I couldn’t feel my toes.

I would end it all in a quiet snow,

It seemed something nice to do.

But then, as I sat there crying,

There came along you.

You looked me in the eyes,

And held out your hand.

You smiled and you nodded,

Giving me a friendly command.

“Get up and walk again” you said

“ there is nothing to fear.

Sit her any longer

And you’ll never know who was really near.

“ you may be sad and frustrated,

Over things that you can not have.

But these are things that are impossible,

But they are something everyone had to have.”

As I sat there is the snow,

Listening to you.

I came to realize,

That what you said was true.

But still I could not walk again,

I wasn’t strong enough.

I wasn’t ready to face my fears,

Not when I knew I’d have if rough.

“ I will help you in what you need to do,

But please stand up and walk again.

For  you life is much to precious to you.”

I shook my head and sat there,

Not wanting a scene 2.

I just sat there is the snow,

Watching to see what you might do.

You did not walk away,

You just sat there with me.

“we all do not wish to go on,

In some point in our lives.

But we all must remember,

That people do not want us gone.

We hit a fork in the road,

But it’s easy to turn back.

when you build a tower of worries,

it becomes a leaning stack.

So please get up and walk again,

For life is not so bad.

Get up and walk again,

And realize what you never knew you had.”

I nodded and stood up, wobbling at first.

And I thought it was a miracle.

I had gotten up and walked again, and I didn’t feel worse.

But you were no longer there,

Just a figment in the snow.

I wanted to call out to you,

Wondering where you could possibly go.

You never came back,

And I kept on walking.

You never showed up,

But I missed you and your talking.

But I will always remember,

If I hit the fork in the road.

To get up and start walking,

For that is what I have been told.

By Kacie

Grade 7

And yet another picture that I drew. I have to say that this is one of the pictures that I am pretty proud of. as I have said before, drawing is a way of expressing my feelings and emotions. iu tend to draw better when I have an emotion inside me. and if you say anything about the picture and starting calling me out on it, I will be very mad, not totally angry, but mad and hurt because of it. I don't feel like this everyday, so no calling me out on it ok?

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 03:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

It has now been three weeks since I have gratuated from blues and have moved up to silvers. Most of you are probably thing what??? So this is talking about swimming. I am on a swimteam called Falfins. Most of my friends know this... Well, I hope they do, but anyway blues is easier than silvers. Everyone said ohh this is gonna be so hard when you move up. It's not that more challenging. I went from swimming two miles a night to swimming about four or five. Yes, that is a big jump, so wish me luck.

I am excited that school is almost over because summer is close which means my birthday! One gift that I get is season passes to Elitches, which is awesome because of the roller coasters and the water park. Other plans for the summer are going to M Lazy C Ranch with my grandparents. M Lazy C Ranch is a fun ranch that has a shooting range that my Papa brings me up to, he lets me shoot a rifle. During the summer my grandparents take me up to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science to see all the cool exhibits. Plus I get to hang out with my mom and my aunt.

Well it doesn’t seem quite like spring yet but I will certainly do some blogging. Lately I’ve been reading a fictional book by the author that visited our school not too long ago. His name is Scott Appleton and I managed to get a signed copy from him. The book is called Swords of the Six and it’s really good. Swords of the Six is the first in a seven book series called The Sword of the Dragon. Currently Mr. Appleton is writing the third book of the series and will finish it shortly.

More random facts about me:

I am terrified of the dark,

I have always tried to do the splits my whole life but have always failed,

I am not very flexible,

I am only really flexible in the back area,

I have a really annoying sister,

I hate peanut butter chocolate candies,

I love chocolate,

My great great great grandparents on my mom's side of the family was royalty(Indian royalty)haha!,

I get dizzy easily,

I yawn a LOT!!!,

I use to have a baby bunny that I dessed up in tutus and bows all the time(she hated it)haha,

I LOVE PINK!!!and ZEBRA!!!

I also have a heart shaped birthmark and snowman shaped birthmark,

I have one strand of bright red hair:)

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 12:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

To sum it up, I'm talking about MW3. So today I'm going to inform you on tips for survival mode in "Spec Ops". So when you get up to wave 10, there is this thing called a juggernaut and is strong, so weak firearms "suck", go for explosives or LMGs. Waves 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, ect... those are some of the waves that have juggernauts. At about wave 23, helcopters will come in for most of the waves 23 though 25. this can prevent you from going outside, so I sugjest that you refill you ammo. Use the riot squad whatever you do use the riot squad. So I guess thats it.

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 01:57 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

I guess I'll write about my trip to Italy last summer because it was really fun!! The plane ride and the jet lag were the only things I didn't like about the trip! First, we stayed in Venice. It was really rainy there, but it was still SUPER fun! I have a red and gold mask that is in the shape of a cat's face from there! Venice is famous for their masks. There was at least three mask shops on every street! We also visited a lot of churches there. Next we went to Tuscany. We stayed in a small but nice villa that used to be a wine cellar. There was a lot of beautiful scenery there and our rental car was a BMW!!! We drove to a bunch of little towns there. I wasn't a big fan of all the winding roads! We also went to Florence and visited a lot of museums...... It wasn't the most fun in the world but I guess it was ok. And finally we drove to Positano on the Amalfi Coast. That was my favorite place that we visited because it was on the beach and the weather was REALLY nice! There was also a lot of shopping there. One night there was fireworks at midnight, but I slept through them because I was sick. Also, I had the best breakfast ever when I was in Italy! It was all pastries and fruit, so I always remembered to get up early because of that! I really hope to go back to Italy someday!

Blue is the sound of rippling waves

It’s a break for relaxation

Blue tastes like a mug of hot chocolate on a cold winter day

Blue is the feeling of accomplishing you goals

It’s the smell of fresh cut flowers

Blue is a new friendship

Blue is the taste of a sweet dessert

It’s the sky on a clear summer day

Blue is the smell of a Saturday morning

Blue is a cool glass of lemonade

It’s spending time with family

Blue is a world full of peace and joy

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 03:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

When a gymnast competes, they are not only showing what they can do. It is a lot more than that. Competing means proving to yourself that your hard work and dedication has payed off. It's proving to yourself that you are as good as you think you are. As Shawn Johonson once said, "When you work so hard for one special day or routine, you want to perform it better than you ever have." One of the worst feelings for me when I compete is when I do not do as well as I knew I could have. That's why there is so much pressure when you compete. No matter how many routines you do in practice, the only one that matters is the one you do in competition. It is true that when you are a competitive gymnast, the pressure's on!

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 04:31 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

This spring I got to do so much. It was so much you won’t even get to keep up with me. Just for a heads up this is going to be a long crazy list of things. So here we go; I went skydiving, skiing, running, jumping, bungee jumping, hot air ballooning, mountain boarding, soccer, off roading, and softball. This is what I have done over my spring break and now I am ready to go back to school and do great.

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 12:54 AM GMT • comment • Reads 82

Because of spring time the trees in Colorado have been really colorful and the grass has been greener. Colorado is my favorite place to live just for this reason. The one thing I hate though is that the weather can chance within five minutes. Judging by the spring time I can tell that this summer will be one of the most beautiful summers in a wile.

I got a really fun surprise over spring break. We were going to the air port so my mom would know where to go to pick up my dad when he returned from Wisconsin. We went in because my dad said he had to use the bathroom. When we got in we started to look for a bathroom. Next my parents told me to look at something and what do you know. My aunt was coming down the escalator. So she stayed here about 4 days and we went sightseeing. What a surprise.

Article posted April 11, 2012 at 01:06 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

As America has pop music, so does Korea.:P The only difference is that K-pop is better.:) I think that K-pop is better because the tune and lyrics are better in general speaking. I think it's also better because I'm Korean and I guess I can "relate" better to Korean pop music than American pop music. Don't think that K-pop is weird or anything because it's from Korea. Lots of people who don't even know Korean like K-pop. You never know... you might like K-pop. So I say you try it out and see how you like it!

Article posted April 10, 2012 at 11:21 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 64

I can't believe I'm almost an 8th grader! I've been realizing more and more how important it is to set goals for ourselves and how exciting it is to achieve them. This last quarter I am going to make a list of goals that I want to achieve during the final quarter, since it's the most important. Then, by the end of the year, I can reflect on how I did. It's always important to set goals for ourselves.

Article posted April 10, 2012 at 01:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

Joyful most of the time!

Organized and can barely handle unorganized!

Responsible every time I need to, unless I forget!

Determined everywhere I go!

Young, but not forever!

Nice all the time, unless I am anoyed or mad!

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 04:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 69

I Wish

I was a sea turtle

Gliding through the sea

Able to hide from danger in my shell

I could move fast and strong

So I can get to places on time.

7th grade was fun but I had a few challenges. I had a lot of friends who helped me get through most of my challenges. When I go to high school I'm going to miss middle school and all of my friends. At least I'll be that much closer to being out of school. 7th grade RULES!!!

Article posted April 14, 2012 at 12:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

There are only about 30 days left of the school year. Yeah!! I can hardly wait for the end of the school year. I am looking forward to summer break and the things I will do during summer break. I am looking forward to summer camp, no school, spending time with my family and friends and other stuff. Every year I go to summer camp with my boy scout troop. It is very very fun because of the activities and the time I get to spend with my friends. My favorite activities are shot gunning, rifle shooting, and swimming. I also like going to Breckenridge for the fourth of July. It is fun and I get to spend time with my family when I go. Last year my friend was there with his family too. We happened to stay at the same lodge and got to hang out. Breckenridge also has fantabulous fireworks for the fourth of July.

I also like being able to sleep in and not having to worry about going to school or doing homework. Now that I know there are only about 30 days left I am counting down until there is no more school!

Article posted April 12, 2012 at 02:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 65

This last quarter has been so crazy for my friends and I. We have a lot of projects due and we have a lot oof drama going on all around our school. I am really enjoying doing our persuasive speech because my topic is realy funny. I am researching beauty pageants and my more in depth topic is puttin toddlers and little kids in beauty pageasnts.

I have a question and I was hoping that all of you guys will help me out with this.

Do you think that parents should put their kids ten and under in beauty pageants and why?

I’m a country girl without the accent! My dad always says, “All you need are a good pair of cowgirl-boots and you would look like a brunet, brown-eyed Maranda Lambert!” Every time we hear a Maranda Lambert song on the radio he always lets me sing it! We have fun like that in my family. I even have a horse, (Seashells and I often shorten it to Shell) in Utah (where my dad lives) that I ride at my dad's house. The only horse I’m afraid of is my dad’s horse, Marco.

I can sing country too and have the accent and still sound wonderful. My mom is trying to encourage me to on The Voice© and be on Blake Shelton’s team (because he’s country) but I think I’m too shy to go on! I can sing anywhere from Luke Brian to Carrie Underwood and everyone else. I’m very terrified of singing to anyone but my mom, dad, and brother. My favorite radio station is 95.1 and my favorite country music artist is by far either Maranda Lambert or Blake Shelton. Ha, that’s kind of funny because they are married!

Country is my life. I listen to it every possible second! To give you an idea of how much I love it I’ve never listened to modern music voluntarily and I never plan to. My ipod is filled with country too!

All in all, I love country music, it is my life and I never plan on changing that!

I have some more random facts coming your way for all who are reading. This week, I have car facts and some origins of abreviations.

The Lamborghini Aventador uses a V12 engine.

Most American made car horns honk at the key of F.

The Ferrari Dino was named after the son of Enzo Ferrari by Enzo Ferrari and the Ferrari Enzo was named after the creator of Ferrari, Enzo Ferrari, after he died.

Mr. Lamborghini, the man who founded Lamborghini was a friend and employee of Enzo Ferrari but the two got in a fight and Mr. Lamborghini said he could make a better car than Enzo could so he went and tried. I, personally, think he did make better cars.

Gasoline is not explosive in its liquid form so the engine sprays it into the cylinder to blow up.

The abbreviation for pound, lb. comes from the Latin word Libra, a measurement of weight.

AM and PM come from Ante Meridiem and Post Meridiem, Latin for before noon and after noon.

E.G. is Latin for exempli gratia which means for example.

MO comes from modus operandi, Latin for way of operating.

I.E. comes from Id Est or “that is” in Latin.

Etc. is Et Cetera meaning in Latin “and other things”.

L.S.D. was the initials for pounds, shillings, and pence in old English currency. It is also why the symbol for pounds is an “ornate capital” L which come from the same root as pounds, Libra.

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 03:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

As a band class we have been practicing hard to go to the festival. I cannot wait to be judged as a whole. In period 1 we are playing two songs, The Valley of Fire and Dedication, March and Celebration. I hope it goes okay and we do well. Wish me and the band luck!

Article posted April 11, 2012 at 01:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

I can't wait for the end of the school year. I want to enjoy Summer and sit around and do nothing. Even though I love Summer, I usually don't do much. Last Summer, my brother who left for college and I literally did NOTHING. We were so bored that we forget how to breathe, eat, and sleep. But knowing that you can do nothing and not have consequences is awesome.

Article posted April 11, 2012 at 02:32 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 53

Before spring break, I sent Brad Paisley a fan letter. Durning the break, I got an answer back from him. I opened it up & I pulled out a signed CD from him. I didn't ask him for anything, but that's what he sent me. It was amazing when I got it from him.

If anyone would like to see it & that they are a fan, just ask me to see it.

Double-Headed

“Hey, girls, get down here! I have someone here for you!” Mr. Hamilton called up.

Skye and Melody exchanged exasperated glances, both knowing exactly who it was. A few weeks ago, a boy named Wendell Havoc had moved into the peeling yellow house next door that had been vacant for over a year. He was head over heels in love with them, but the problem was, they didn’t like him back. They had their eye on Seth Peterson, a dashing boy who was the girls’ friend. The other thing was he didn’t know there were two of them, because he had only met Skye at the time, since Melody had been at soccer practice. Since then, they had taken turns meeting up with him- at their parents’ insistence, of course. The girls were identical right down to the last freckle, so he had no idea he was being made a fool of.

“Your turn!” the curly haistrawberry-blond girls exclaimed together. Melody raised an eyebrow and gestured towards the ever-growing pile of homework on her writing desk, and then said pointedly,

“It really is your turn, you know. Last time he visited I was at my writing group.”

Skye groaned and strode over to the door with her long, slender legs. “You really do owe me one, you know.”

Melody snorted. “No, I don’t. It’s totally even. We take turns.”

“Yeah, but I mostly see him because you are always at your practices or writing meetings.”

“Oh, right, like you never go to cheerleading practice, volleyball, ice-skating, ballet, and track meetings and competitions.”

Skye rolled her violet eyes and left to meet Wendell. Her hand shook on the banister as she slid it down the smooth, polished wood. She quickly raked her fingers through her hair, and stepped down to meet her father. Her temper flared when he shot her a smug smile. Ever since the first time she had met Wendell, since it had been Skye that time, her parents had the idea that Wendell was only in love with HER, and that she was in love with HIM. It was a great annoyance when they made casual comments about her “love life" at dinner. Of course, Melody couldn’t help but chuckle into her glass of water or snort into her plate of ravioli. Her parents were always confused when Melody went with him somewhere, until she explained that Skye was somewhere else, since their parents hadn’t yet picked up their ploy.

Wendell even liked her personality better than Melody’s. Skye knew as well as her sister that if he were to ever find out he would like Skye better, which of course Melody was relieved about. Skye braced herself as she stepped out onto the porch and came into view of Wendell’s adoring gaze...

To Be Continued….

Since it's the last quarter of seventh grade, Mrs. Lubich is letting write about anything, so I am going to write about summer. I am VERY excited for summer. I think it'll be the best summer yet. I’m excited because I’m going to be able to hang out with friends, be with my family, go on vacation, and PARTY!! I was planning on going to go to Arizona with my family to visit my friends, Mexico to visit family, and California with my friend to be able to hangout.

I feel like this summer is the best one yet to come!

I am so happy that baseball is starting up again. So far we are 3 and 2. We had a double header yesterday and we won both of the by 1 run. In the first game I tied the game up with a single with an error so I got to second. Then my freind tony hit me in with another single with an error. I have another game tuesdayI can't wait to play more baseball..

Article posted April 19, 2012 at 04:27 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

I'm am very excited for pajama day. I didn't know if this school was going to have one but, after I found out I was very happy. I think it's a great idea for us to pay $1.00 and get to wear our pj's well at least the bottems. I know a lot of people will participate which means the school is going to make money fast. $1.00 adds up very quickly especially with all the students in our school. I can't wait!

Article posted April 11, 2012 at 02:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 60

Personally spring is my favorite season. I love spring because of all the life coming up after a long winter. When I think of Spring I think of Summer and that its right around the corner!! This year has really flown and I honestly cant believe its already the 4th quarter!! Im super happy because next year I will be an eight grader and be at the top for once!!

Music can define someone. Literally. Maybe not that person entirely but how they feel. If they are listening to sad music for a long time, they might be seen as a sad person. If you listen to happy, upbeat music, you might be seen as happy. Some people might just use music to get out their emotions. When someone is sad, they might listen to sad music. Or they might listen to happy music to change their mood. Sometimes, music can be more than just instruments and singing.

Ok well, I’m gonna write about my friend. Ok I have a friend, her name is Maranda. She is funny and really pretty. She is always kind and never lies. We have a unusual inside joke and she loves the qoute” I struggle to find any truth in your lies.” Its in a song by Munford and Sons. That is all I have to say hahaha.

This last quarter I want to get really good grades so I won’t feel guilty over the summer. I haven’t done that well in school this year so I want to prove that I can get good grades. I also want to get at least 5 homeruns this year in softball I have only got 3 last year and I want to push myself to the breaking point in school and in softball.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 05:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 69

Once upon a time there was a little green ninja. He always wanted to play outside with his friends because they liked to train and goof off together. But one day there was the evil samurai that came to their village. The little green ninja knew exactly what to do he got his friends together, red ninja, blue ninja, and orange ninja. So they all teamed up to stop the evil samurai but the samurai was too fast and strong so they had to call in their master who trained them to be ninja. When the master got there he was unpleasant at the sight of the defeat of his students so he finally went up to the samurai and said its okay and hugged him. The ninja were surprised o see what just happened then the samurai took off his helmet and then they realized that it was his younger brother. So they then lived happily ever after. The end.

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 02:35 AM GMT • comment • Reads 63

I'm writing about my football pick for who will be the Super Bowl Champions. One of my first choices is the New England Patriots. I choose them because their team is really good but their player's get injured a lot. If they could fix that problem they would be my favorite choose. My second choose would be the Green Bay Packers. I choose this team because they went 17-1 last season. The only con is the way the Packers played, they played like they couldn't lose. Then they lost to the Kansas City Chiefs who were 7-9. My last pick is the New York Giants because they won the Super Bowl last year. I have no major cons for this team because of how well rounded the team is.

A lot of kids have created buisnesses over the years, and I think I will start one over the summer. I will be selling hockey lace necklaces, you may have seen me wearing one, and hockey lace belts, my newest invention. I will sell them in different colors, black and white, Avalanche colors, Bruins colors, Cyotes colors, and other combinations.

Oreos are very appetizing. They make me extremely happy. The frosting is the best part of the cookie. Well every time I eat one it make my teeth look like they have cavities.But I still love Oreos.

When I play basketball, my mind goes blank, and I do not think of anything exept for the ball. I do not think about school, or my plans for the day, only basketball. To me, winning or losing does not matter unless it is a very important game, like a playoff or a championship. Not a day goes by when I don't think about basketball. As you can probably tell, basketball is very important to me.

I have been contemplating getting a parakeet. My dad said that if I could convince him he would let my sister and I get one each. So, I made him a powerpoint. I skyped him yesterday and he told me that if I could find at least three people willing to look after them he would let us get one. I've been looking for someone to look after them but I also need to be well informed on parakeets. Please, anyone who has owned or owns a parakeet or budgie comment!!!! I need cons and pros on parakeets!!!

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 02:36 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 62

I also need name ideas! So far if it's a boy, then I was thinking about Forest (like Forest Gump), or Frodo from Lord of the Rings. If it's a girl I came up with really random names like Sherry or Amelie. Please comment!

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 01:22 AM GMT • comment • Reads 74

During the spring, I am going to go visit my uncle and aunt up in Evergreen, Colorado. They have alot of property there and its going to be very fun because we are going to have a family dinner and we are going to watch Despicable Me and a British comedian named Eddie Izzard. I am also going to go to visit my stepdad's family in Amarillo, Texas. We are going to eat at Big Texan and im really excited about that. I am also going to four birthday parties and im going to have a ton of vanilla and chocolate cake!!!

This week two of my favorite sports started, I started softball and volleyball this week. We had tryouts a few weeks ago and I got my team. We are the Patriots!  We got our uniforms already and I’m #6. I’m playing against one of my friends but, we’ll have fun.  I like my new coach, he is very nice. I just can’t wait till we start games. I also started volleyball. My coach is so nice. Her sister is on the team, and we work together good. I like the rest of my team too. I can’t wait till my next practices!

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 01:06 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

All throughout 7th grade we have had a great time. We went to Fox Run Park and had a great time. I know that all these fun times are over but there are much to come. This includes, International Towne, The World History Fair, and the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! I can not wait till summer eben though the fun times we had in 7th grade. Although these fun times, it's time to go in 8th grade.

Article posted April 10, 2012 at 02:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

The Race

The man was confident that he was going to win the race. After all, he did have a Ferrari 458. He looked at all the other aristocrats with their supercars. Pah! An Aston martin V12 Zagato. Just 510 Horsepower, his Ferrari would eat it alive with 561 Hp. Let’s see, what else, Oh! Hahaha! A Shelby GT-500! Oh, that’s going to be easy. Hmm. Oh. Ughh. Is that a McLaren-Mercedes SLR? Yeah. That’s going to be hard. Oh poo, Lamborghini Aventador. Maybe I can out corner it. The race was about to start. The V12s Screamed as the race started. Instantly the man was in the lead. Over a 3 million dollars worth of cars were in his rear view mirror. Then he saw a car that made him wet his pants. The Koenigsegg Agera R, the new fastest car in the world. The second he saw that he almost broke the accelerator pedal. The race lasted fifty minutes. The final stretch came he knew he would be out powered on this straight away. He swung side to side blocking any cars that would take away his lead. Then the most unusual thing happened, the Zagato and the Aventador passed him then the Koenigsegg. Suddenly he was pushed off the track by the GT-500. He watched as the historic three way tie between the Aventador, the Zagato and the Agera R in the August of 2012.

I can’t wait until summer; I have so much I am going to do. I will be helping out with my church by volunteering to teach kid in vacation bible school and I am going on a mission trip to Leadville. I will also be going to Texas to visit my family. This summer I may also be doing volleyball at the Y with some of my friends. This summer is going to be so much fun!

Here's the beginning of a new murder mystery I'm writing. Enjoy!

It had been six months since Byron Letcher's last case. The affair with poisoned milk and murder was quite intriguing indeed. It was long ago however, and our dear detective was getting bored.

While having some coffee with Colonel Winterbottom, an old friend of his, Letcher thought about his situation.

“Peter, does it ever happen to you to become awfully bored after a case?” inquired Letcher.

“Well, I've never really put that much thought into it, but I don't believe so...”

“Ah. That's too bad, because it's precisely the situation I'm in now, and I have no idea how to fix it.”

Peter thought about Letcher's statement before finally responding with a triumphant “Why, you need a new case sir!”

“Peter, you can be a slow one sometimes. We both know that very well! The problem is actually finding the case.”

As if prompted in by a script, a women tumbled into Letcher's tea parlor with a jumble of words following her. Letcher instantly began to study the panicked lady's visage. “Excessive makeup signifies grief...” thought Letcher. “Fast speech pattern suggests panic, very fast breathing, maybe even hyperventilation?” The women snapped Letcher back to reality.

“Quick! Please! Come see! It- It's terrible!” screamed the lady.

During this quarter in gym we did a unit in basketball. Grizzly madness is like a real basketball turnament. You have to do research on information about the team you are representing. Although you and your team have some research you get to play basketball.

Article posted May 5, 2012 at 03:01 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

This year has flown by! During the year I have made new friends, kept good grades, and stayed fit. I have accomplished these goals by keeping my priorities straight. I had an excellent birthday party with good friends. I went on the most amazing vacation ever! I had my first dissection; the frog. I learned how to be a president for International Towne. I learned how to make my own clip art in Mrs. Clementi's class.

Article posted May 2, 2012 at 02:32 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 50

I'm very excited about International Towne. The things that we are going to do there sound so fun and I can't wait. When I was in 5th grade my class took a trip to Young Ameri-towne. It was a little different because it was just "America", but now it's on a way bigger scale and we will have to deal with trading, converting money, and knowing which places sell what. I know it will be confusing at times but I will be ready for it.

Article posted April 12, 2012 at 03:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 65

My 28 year old cousin Amber, is due to have her baby in June, and I cannot wait! They haven't decided on his name, but are deciding mainly between Easton (yes, like the bat) and Teluride (It's a city in Colorado, they would call him Rider). Anyways, I will get to babysit the baby and help my cousin out over the summer, which is good because I never really have been able to babysit or spend a lot of time with babies since I'm an only child. My mom and I (but mainly me) are going to put a scrapbook together of the baby and my cousin because I think it'd be really cool to see more of me as a baby.

I am really looking forward to summer! I love 7th grade but summer couldn’t come soon enough! I am looking forward to the hot days, hanging with friends, and the nice pool. Summer is the best part of the year because I can handle the heat but not the cold to well. I sewar I should be a Florida or California girl!

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 03:33 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

I know that I might be a little young to be thinking about all of the things I would like to do before I die, but whenever I am bored, I add another thing to my bucket list. So here are some of the things that are on my bucket list.

1. Go to Thailand

2. Go to Africa to help feed the kids there

3. Go to India

4. Get a birthday cake made by the Ace of Cakes

5. Play the piano as a job

6. Break a world record

7. Go extreme couponing

8. Not sleep for 72 hours

9. Learn how to sing the alphabet in 30 different languages

10. Experience no gravity

11. Finish a triathlon

12. Be stranded on a tropical island with one friend

13. Go to the Galapagos islands

Well, my friend convinced me to read The Hunger Games. I read all three books in one week! I thought that they all were awesome. I liked the third one most. I liked it most because it was very exciting and very suspenseful. I liked how it was like the other series I read. They both have wars and fighting, the only difference is the time periods they are in. that is all I have to say right now.

Article posted April 14, 2012 at 03:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

Even though I am not an artist, I absolutely love 3D art. Not only is there a nice, relaxed teacher, but I also like the atmosphere. Lately, I have been making a frog out of clay. To be honest, it is like a giant glob of clay, but I am still very proud of it. I finished the project today! The one time I was on the wheel I found out that I have lots of fun using it. Although I had to restart my project three times, it still is my favorite part of 3D art. Our next project is with wire and foil. I am thinking of making my dog, a dioxin, for this project. Since the dog is so long I’m scared that the middle the dioxin will cave in. #D art is a time to relax for me. In all, 3D art is my new favorite exploratory.

I am so excited for I.T because I will learn how to use money in different countries. I am happy to go because so many teachers have told me that it is a very fun place to go to and that we should all have a great time.

I am currently reading a series by Erin Hunter. I love her books! This series is so exciting because there are four cat clans and they have to try and stay together because there is a warrior code and there has always been four clan and always will be. There is only one thing I dislike about this series is that when ever I have a favorite cat they usually end up dying and it's really sad! But I love reading these books anyways.

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 02:06 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

I can't wait for school to end and for summer to begin. I love summer because it gets hotter and you don't have to do a lot. You can just relax and not work hard at all. I will probably just play video games and watch TV. I will also take some really long naps. I am also hoping to travel to California or Florida to do some stuff. I just wish summer was longer.

.

I don't think I'm an animal or nature person, but I'm going to write about it anyways.Here's a story my mom told me: One time, when my mom was at a parking lot, she saw a deer and she freaked out( this was at Target) and she thought it was a moose. She said it was towering over our car and she didn't know what to do. Luckily she was in her car. Then, she slowly backed away. A bunch of people said that she was crazy because the deer would attack. To her advantage, it didn't. I find that funny. Hopefully, when I'm older I don't see a deer( or moose, as my mom says).

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 12:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 60

When Panina went downstairs she discovered that it was the evil queen's men trying to find Brianna, because the creatures in this world aren't supposed to let humans into their houses or talk to them. Brianna had broken the law. So Panina goes up to Brianna's room and says, "Brianna we gotta get outta here fast. Some men keep looking for you. They keep saying 'She's gotta be frozen, because she broke the number 1 law' I have no idea what their talking about can you please tell me what it might be about?" After Panina finishes talking Brianna says, "Panina they are saying that, because I wasn't supposed to talk to you or let you in my house, but I did. So, I must pay the price. I am so sorry and those men are the queen's evil hench men. I need to get you outta here before they discover you and if they do I could be killed all, because I let you in my house."

Article posted April 11, 2012 at 12:16 AM GMT • comment • Reads 61

I know we have all had strange out of this world dreams. I recently had one of those dreams so it started off like this. I was in my house and my mom was downstairs singing about bunny rabbits and my dad was at work. Of course my mom normally doesn’t sing so went down stairs to find two of my friends lying on the floor sleeping. They woke up and then we left to walk to the playground at my old school. All of a sudden all these dogs appeared and both of my friends were talking gibber. Then everything started to blend and I ended up in this big swirl then a face appeared it was singing, “Be with the baby” over and over again. When everything went back to normal I was in my back yard there was all these random people dancing. I found my two friends and we walked into my house and went into the garage. We got our bikes and went off into the neighborhood to ride. All of a sudden started to fly higher and I higher, and I couldn’t get down I started to scream yell and I almost fell off my bike. I slowly went down but realized that my friends were way behind me and that I had passed them up. I was about to get on my bike when I realized it had disappeared. I had a strange feeling like I was being watched and I turned around there was a man in a blue car chasing me, so I ran. Then I woke up just as he was about to catch me. I looked at my clock it was 2 forty something, then realized that I was crying I wiped my tears away thinking thank goodness it was only a dream.

Color

Blue feels like a snowball to the face

Blue feels like a summer breeze

Blue feels like cool water

Blue looks like com blue sky

Blue looks like com ocean

Blue looks like night sky

Blue smells like Aconitum

Blue smells like blueberries muffins

Blue sounds like a silent night

Blue sounds like silent summer day

Blue taste like a cool cup of water

Blue Taste like blueberries

Delightfulness of Blue

By: Blake

Blue,

Blue is the sight of dazzling stars.

Also, blue is the taste of cotton candy at a carnival, far away.

The feelings of blue are the dreams in our heads.

The sounds of blue are the swishing of water.

Blue is the smell of fresh berries, off the vine.

Blue is the color of sparkling diamonds, deep in the ground.

Blue sounds like fireworks, exploding in the dark night sky.

How blue tastes, is like cool refreshing water.

How blue feels, is as cold and slimy as ice.

And blue is the color of the sky, day and night.

Finally, blue seems as a color worth keeping.

Blue.

The La Monster of Grammar

With eyes of adverbs.

Teeth of capitalization.

Fingers of the tenses that tense when it's angry.

Nails of nouns.

Hairs of prepositions.

A nose of verbs that sense what people do.

An ugly face of usage that makes sure you use descriptive words.

It runs like a run on sentence, never stopping.

Legs of spelling.

Arms of punctuation.

When it talks, it uses sentence fragments.

A fat body of adjectives.

It always uses imperative sentences when it talks,

never interrogatory or declarative sentences.

It has a brain of grammar.

When will it come?

I ordered it five years ago

It seems the mail has lost it

In its vast number of items

I want it so badly

I think I am going to cry

Oh wait, I like those

I am going to order them

But wait, didn’t my last package get lost

Maybe I should go to the mall

Or maybe use a new mail service

I honestly don’t know

Oi this is making my head hurt

Article posted April 15, 2012 at 02:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

Life is a magical thing

We learn, grow, love, laugh

We get to figure out new things

Without being told what to look for

Life is amazing

Life is grand

We could not ask for a better thing

We bring life into the world

Life gets taken from us

But in the end we all look

Life is just the beginning

Lurking in packages,

Supposedly keeping them safe.

But tormenting openers,

With horrifying sounds.

Like nails on a chalkboard,

It screeches when touched.

Like a dying cat,

It isn’t a good sound.

White all-around,

So boring and dull.

It sound like a siren,

Annoying and horrifying.

Coming in many forms,

You can see it all around.

So dreadful and scary,

It is……….

Styrofoam

So, it looks like I am going to have to blog another random statement. Since it is spring, I guess I will talk about spring. It is nice to finally see some green grass and blossoms on the trees. I don’t know about you, but I am definitely hoping for spring to just end so we can just move on to summer. I am going to hike up a bunch of fourteeners this summer, so I can’t wait to get school over with.

I am happy that it is srping finally. In this time of the year we have many projects. My humanities project and also my drama project.

I am not too worried about my humanities but I am a little scared about my drama project. I am playing part of a song and I don't like being center of attention. I may have to play for both dramam classes in 7th grade so they can "evalulate" my playing. I haven't chose my song yet but I am trying to practice a dark,sad song for the ghost part of "Hamlet".

Here is my anything: Horse back riding is awesome. I love it!! I have a passion for it. I really hope to be doing more horseback riding over the summer, when I'm not glued in front of the TV!! I, fortunatly, have grown up with a mom that use to teach horse riding, so "I" have a saddle, two accualy, blankets, every thing. I also live 10 minuets away from a horse barn on the Air Force Academy, so I pretty much get to go when ever I want!! Well, when my mom wants to go. (I'm not allowed to go by my self  ) I really hope to get out to the barn a whole lot more then what I have been doing. Horse back riding is my life, and I hope to grow mentaly and phisicly in my passion for getting up in the morning!

I'm really excited for summer break because I'm going to California for almost the whole summer. Plus before I leave I might go to six flags or to a concert.