Article posted May 14, 2012 at 03:01 AM GMT • comment • Reads 231

The first thing that I noticed at Internatioal Towne was how small it is. I thought that it would be a lot bigger. Everybody had to squeeze together in the center circle. My country was Singapore and we made +104 Pacasia notes. One thing I would have done differently was the breaks. I wish they were longer so we would have time to do our cultural activities.Overall, I thought it was okay.

My guiding question was how did the curse of King Tut change people? The curse of King Tut changed people becasue it scared and puzzled people. They didn't know how people were dying so they were scared and puzzled. I learned that 13 out of 20 people who discovered the tomb died mysteriously.

When I looked at other people's projects, I learned a lot of stuff about Greek gods, China, and Marco Polo. I think that the best one was of Zeus. It looked like whoever did the project put a lot of work into it. There was a light shining down and a little statue of Zeus. The whole thing was fun. 

I like the book Seedfolks so far. I like how everything ties together and how there is a different person's views for each chapter. I also like how one person starts a community garden and then it starts a chain reaction and turns into a whole big thing. My favorite activity was in Mr. Howard's class when you make flowers out of tin cans. I thought it was fun because you had to work with your hands and make flowers. I thought that the whole week was fun.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 02:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 72

I am very close to finishing my project. My project is on the curse of King Tut. King Tut was found and people started mysteriously dying. People were scared and researchers were puzzled. That's how the curse of King Tut cahnged people.

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 02:06 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

I can't wait for school to end and for summer to begin. I love summer because it gets hotter and you don't have to do a lot. You can just relax and not work hard at all. I will probably just play video games and watch TV. I will also take some really long naps. I am also hoping to travel to California or Florida to do some stuff. I just wish summer was longer.

.

Article posted April 9, 2012 at 01:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

Ernest Green was a very brave and couragous student. If I were Ernest Green I don't think I would have had the courage to do what he did. I think I would have gave up. There are lats of dicrimination in the world today. Not only by the color of your skin but by how much money you have or your age. Hopefully, there will be no more discrimination in the future.

Article posted April 9, 2012 at 01:43 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

I didn't realy leran that much with the chicken wing dissection because it was king of hard to tell what something was because there were so many things inside the chicken wing. A diagram is a lot easier than a real chicken wing. It was also pretty cool to see how the chicken wing works. It was pretty fun.

Article posted April 9, 2012 at 01:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

One day a rainbow had babies

Those babies grew up to be ladies

Those ladies had babies and

Those babies grew up to be illegal animal sellers

A dog ran away and was found by a bank teller

The dog went to the ocean and drowned

But a mermaid gave him a magical potion

Then he was a mermaid dog

The mermaid dog ran into a fog

Then he ate a rainbow

And had baby tebows

Then they died

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 04:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 81

"Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one." Bill Gates

Nerds

Don't be mean to nerds

You might think it's fun

But one day

You'll be working for one

You'll be single

Broke and bald

And the nerd that you were mean to

Will have the life you could only dream of

Article posted February 26, 2012 at 05:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 67

The cells unit in science is pretty hard for me. I know the parts of a cell well but the other parts I am really fuzzy on. I didn't really like working with the microscopes because I kept breaking the cover slides. Learning about cells is not my favorite thing to do but it is still fun.

Article posted February 21, 2012 at 02:24 AM GMT • comment • Reads 83

Within the universe

In a small galaxy far far away

Between Venus and Mars

On Earth

Over the rainbow

Past the mountains

Near a big black car

Above the ground

Behind a huge mountain

Over another rainbow

Under the big blue sky

Beyond a filthy hobo

Across the long gray street

In a house is the boy who plays by himself

Article posted February 12, 2012 at 03:32 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 65

I just read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K Rowling. The main character is Harry Potter which I think you all know. I like this book because of all the adventures in it. I also like the fantasy in the book. That is what I just read. 

Basketball is my favorite sport. It is my favorite sport because I think it is fun to bounce a ball around and shoot it into a basket. Boys basketball is coming up and I hope to make the IS team. That's why I like basketball. 

Some tools that poets use are experiences. They use emotional and personal experiences from their lives. For example, if the poet's son or daughter has a bad dream, he will probably write about that. There are also personal experiences. If the poet gets in a car accident, he will probably write about the car accident. Some of the best poems are written from experiences. They also use sensory details.Those are the tools that writters and poets use.   

"I chose the quote believe you can and your almost there." by Theodore Roosevelt because I thought it was a good quote. I think it means that if you believe you can, you can do anything. It can be applied in our own life in sports or school. I think it can be used to be a positive change in someones attitude because some people don't do that well in school. If they believe they can then maybe they will. This quote can make an impact on the world because if more people believe they can do things then they will. That will make the world a better place. That's why I chose this quote.

Article posted January 12, 2012 at 01:17 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 90

My goals for the 2012 year are to get all A's in the rest of my classes and to get a gold medal at the end of the year. Also, my goal is to save up enough money to buy an ipod touch. Those are my goals for the new 2012 year.

Article posted December 17, 2011 at 06:39 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 59

My poetry wiki went pretty well. We finished our project. I thought that my group communicated pretty well but we could have communicated a lot better. What we could have done differently was spent more time on our video. What we did well was our pictures. I think that we chose really good pictures for our poem. What I think that Mrs. Lubich and Mrs. G shoul do differently next time is giving us more lab days because I felt that we didn't get enough time to do the project.

The facts that I know about Greece are that they were ruled by the romans and that there were lots of gods. There was also lots of Greek mythology where there were monsters and gods. There are also lots of movies of Greece with their monsters and gods. Thats what I know about Greece.

In class my group is the Athens. We do lots of competitions and we do lots of group work. Like for instance, one time we had to come up with a chant for our group and sing the greek alphabet. My group is in second to last place. We have a total of 1010 points last time I checked. That is what we are doing in class. GO ATHENS

Natalie in Mrs. G's class said on her 7 random facts page that she was not flexible. I am not flexible either. I once tried to do the splits but I oulled both of my muscles. My legs were sore for a few days.

Article posted November 20, 2011 at 07:42 AM GMT • comment • Reads 67

Four things I am thankful for are tvs, beds, couches and family. I am thankful for tv's because they keep me entertained when I have nothing to do. I am thankful for beds for giving me a place for me to rest when I am tired. I am thankful for couches for giving me a place to relax for when I need a place to rest. I am thankful for family because they take care of me when I need taking care of. Those are the four things I am thankful for.  

The best mystery book I have ever read was "The Oblong Crate" by Edgar Allen Poe. It was a really wierd book and I really enjoyed it. It kept you guessing and it had a pretty cool ending.

My short mystery starter is going to be the sentence after this one. "It was a cool morning with a summer breeze when all of a sudden, aliens came down to Earth and put viruses in our ears while we were sleeping(duh duh duh),then they left.

Article posted November 6, 2011 at 09:09 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 62

I don't like the blogging that much because  I either forget to do it or my computer doent work. Most of my blogs are late. When I first started blogging, I couldn't figure out how to do it. It got pretty annoying. I had lots of problems with it. That's why I don't like it. Also, it takes Mrs. Lubich a really long time to comment on the blogs. (no offense Mrs Lubich) That's why I don't like the blogs that much. 

Article posted October 27, 2011 at 02:29 AM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 157

This is my second paragraph in my story. 

One reason it is imperative to continually recollect things is so that you will never forget them. I recall one time when I was getting my haircut and I moved when the lady was cutting my hair. I moved because I was in a store where you could play video games while you were getting your haircut. I was playing a racing game and I made a really hard turn so I turned my body too. The lady cut a huge chunk of my hair off. It was pretty embarrassing. I never forget that and I never will. That’s why it’s key to talk about our veterans; so we never forget them.

Give me feedback.

Article posted October 21, 2011 at 02:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 98

Are cellphones safe? Should you use them? Cellphones are safe. Lots of people have said that cellphones can give you cancer because of all of the radiation in the phone. Scientists have proven this wrong. They have proven this from a series of tests.Though cellphones can't give you cancer they can give you glaucoma (duh duh duh). Glaucoma (duh duh duh) is a very rare brain tumor. It still may be safe.Just don't use it a lot or you will get glaucoma (duh duh duh).They say that kids skulls are thinner so radiation can get in side our heads and give us glaucoma.

http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20111021/ap_on_he_me/eu_med_cellphones_and_cancer 

Article posted October 16, 2011 at 12:41 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

The book I am reading right now is Swindle by: Gordon Korman. It is about these kids who find a million dollar baseball card with a picture of Babe Ruth on it. A guy steals the card and they have to break into his house to retrieve the card. It is a really good book. I like it a lot and would recommend it to anyone who likes books about kids breaking into houses.

Article posted October 11, 2011 at 02:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 75

I have had a total of three accidents in my life. The first on was when I broke my leg by a girl playing soccer.I broke two bones. The second was when I sprained my wrist playng vollyball. I was watching the olympics and I saw this guy punch the vollyball and score a point for his team. I tried it and I sprained my wrist. My third accident was when I got eight stiches above my nose and between my eyes. My cousin was swinging a golf club and I was too close to him and when he swung back, it hit me in the face. It happened a day before my birthday. I have had lots of accidents and they were not very fun.

I thought that the field trip was horrible because I forgot my jacket so I was freezing.  Also, my group and I were trying to take the temperature in the water and my foot fell in the lake. My foot, sock, and shoe were freezing the whole time. I had to get my foot amputated; just kidding. Besides that, the field trip was pretty fun. My favorite part was the island activity and the hide and seek thing with Mr. Howard. I learned about the plants self-defense system.  It wasn’t the best field trip I’ve ever had but it was still pretty fun.

I don't think books should be banned. I think we should be able to read any book we want. The Freedom of Speech comes into this because people have the freedom to write anything they want into books. This is ok as long as we don’t ban books. Some of the best books in the world are banned. We have the freedom to chose any book we want and I like that freedom. 

Article posted September 23, 2011 at 11:40 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 73

I thought that the guys in the video were like the three stooges. They were all kind of stupid except for the tall guy that says that 7 x 4 = 28. He is right.The short baker guy is wrong. He says that 7 x 13 = 28. The way he did the math was weird because he got it wrong each time. He forgot to carry numbers. 

My way:                                            His way:

1x7=7                                              13

2x7=14                                             x                                                 > wrong

3x7=21                                             7

4x7=28                                            _________This is the right way to do it. Whoever told him the way to do math this way was not very smart. My way works because it is just the right way to do math. You aren't supposed to do math the way that he did it. Some other other numbers that work are 14 and 6 into 30. Just ask Mr. Howard because he knows more about it than I do.                                

The funniest grossest thing that ever happened to me was that I made a kid laugh so hard when he was drinking milk and milk came out of his nose. The milk went all over my face and he spilled his milk all over my lunch.It was pretty gross but fun at the same time. Even though it was gross, I would do it all over again. That was the funniest grossest thing that has ever happened to me.  

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 12:35 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 81

I thought that the Rachels Challenge assembly was necessary because then the sixth graders know what it is and it reminds us about it. It reminds us that we need to start a chain reaction and about Rachel who died. I will try to start a chain reaction. I thought we all needed to be reminded of it again. 

Article posted August 30, 2011 at 09:32 PM GMT • comment (12) • Reads 44

1. I have green eyes. 2. I am almost five feet tall. 3. I don’t like global warming. 4. I like to listen to music everywhere I go even the bathroom. 5. I don’t like baseball. 6. I like the Vikings. 7. I like the Miami Heat.