Seventh grade was a very different experience. It taught you responsibility and how to deal with different situations. At first you had to adjust to your locker partner. With all the different teachers you had to adjust to their personalities and know how to behave around them. I believe the most successful part of seventh grade was the actual grades. If you put effort forward and actually tried on your work it was easy to get a good grade. For me this year was more stressful. It was a lot different than sixth grade with the amount of work. Academically I learned that with projects they might not go as planned and you have to learn how to cope to your research. For example, for world history, I got very different results than I planned on for my subject. Personally, I learned how to be more open at school. I know it might have not seemed that way, but I've come a long way. One thing that I would change would be the length of exploritories. Allowing the exploritories last more than quarter would be fantastic. There wasn't really anything I learned the hard way this year. In all, seventh grade was a memory I won't forget.

In eighth grade I would really like to be a peer helper. I think the experience would be sort of life changing. It's not like I won't survive if I don't peer help, but it would have a big impact on my life. Just being given the opportunity to make the difference is really eye opening. The consideration and interview for peer helping was very surreal to me. I would be honored and proud to be a peer helper, let's just hope that I get the job.

To the future seventh graders at Mountain Ridge Middle School, all I have to say is turn in your work! When a teacher gets work in time and with effort put behind it, they couldn't ask for more. Seventh grade will be easy if you turn in your work, and if you don't it will be torture! I've seen some of my friends not give a second thought to seventh grade and blew it; they were being nagged by teachers constantly and always had to stay after school because of their work or lack there of. Also, try to get along with your teachers. Even if you don't like them still be kind, considerate, and respectful. Remember they still are your no matter what and they still have authority. If you follow these simple rules seventh grade will be a breeze.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 02:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

International Towne was okay. The presentation was really good and it seemed very professional and real. For me it was stressful! At one point I was all alone in my country! I don’t know how it happened but I felt very stressed especially then. I learned that you don’t have a lot of free time when you work; it is actually really fun being an artisan and get people to buy stuff. During International Towne I had to step outside of my comfort zone a little bit. If I could change one thing it would be the price and the supplies in Ghana for mask making were all dried out and empty, not very useable. The best part of International Towne was selling products to the customers. In all, I’m glad I experienced International Towne.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 02:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 68

My guiding question is “How did the religion of cats influence Egyptians?” This affects our lives today because it shows an example of how religion is a huge part in living and how seriously people take their religion. The most interesting part to me is the death part of this religion. Although it is creepy, it is intriguing. I found out that there is a death penalty when harm is done to a cat. There were also temples created for cats for their afterlife.

My favorite display that I saw was on stain glass windows. I learned that the creation of the stain glass window helped and really impacted the growth of churches. I found out that stain glass windows take a very long time to be created and took a lot of attention. Jolly Ranchers are a lot like the stain glass. She made a stain glass window and apparently it took a lot of work but she enjoyed it. Her project really kept me in awe.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 01:53 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

I think the format of the book is really cool so far. It’s fun seeing all the different perspectives. The big idea is a little cheesy but very impressing. Just hearing about a community coming together keeps me in awe. My favorite character so far is Kim, how she decided to keep her father in memory. The sentimental part of her lima beans is very touching.

I think having the activities helped me remember the book. The activities were very creative and all related to Seedfolks in unique ways. My favorite activity was making seed bombs in 3d art. Seed bombs are these little piles of dried dirt mixture. I know that sounds really icky and disgusting but it’s not as bad as it sounds. Each table had a contest  on who could make better figures out of the mixture. Making the bombs were lots of fun, since I did them with friends. It was a blast!

My topic has created change deeply. Egyptians were affected by cats and their religion of the cats. Some people dedicated their lives to the cats. One weird thing I found out was when a cat in a house dies the whole family shaves their eyebrows to show their mourning. My final project is going fine. I have my museum display done. My tri-fold is spray painted and all I have to do now is paste on the stuff. I am semi-ready, a little nervous too. The research has helped me answer my question by examples of the religion of cats in everyday life in Egypt.

Article posted April 14, 2012 at 03:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

Even though I am not an artist, I absolutely love 3D art. Not only is there a nice, relaxed teacher, but I also like the atmosphere. Lately, I have been making a frog out of clay. To be honest, it is like a giant glob of clay, but I am still very proud of it. I finished the project today! The one time I was on the wheel I found out that I have lots of fun using it. Although I had to restart my project three times, it still is my favorite part of 3D art. Our next project is with wire and foil. I am thinking of making my dog, a dioxin, for this project. Since the dog is so long I’m scared that the middle the dioxin will cave in. #D art is a time to relax for me. In all, 3D art is my new favorite exploratory.

Article posted April 7, 2012 at 12:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

I was absent the day that we dissected the chicken wing. We dissected the wing to see the different parts and how they function. Honestly, I think it would be cool to see how the chicken wing works, even though I can’t stand the sight of blood! If I didn’t have to touch it I would be perfectly content. This experiment, I believe, was worth it. Even though I couldn’t be there, I think I missed out.

Article posted March 21, 2012 at 01:25 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

Cherry eyes

Celery thighs

Strawberry nose

Cabbage froes

Carrot fingers

Creepily lingers

Kale juice brain

Tastes very plain

Banana ears

Everyone fears

Asparagus seams

Everyone screams

Like an attacking animal

And an afraid call

Run away

No one wants to stay

It is everywhere

He really is a scare

All around

Coming up from the ground

Don’t abandon your organic stuff,

It will come back and haunt you enough.