I think that I-Towne was great. It was lots of fun. I learned how to keep a schedule and budget. I think the best part was getting to build the pencil boxes, that was lots of fun because we got to use hammers and I love to work with my hands. I would have liked to stay longer, but other than that I wouldn’t change anything.

So, world history influences our lives today by allowing us to advance in technology and beliefs. Without history, l we wouldn’t be here. How has the telescope changed science? I learned that without the invention of the telescope we wouldn’t know the order of the planets and how gravity works. The most interesting part of my project was learning that the telescope has given us the first semi accurate of the speed of light. I found out that there are two types of telescopes, refracting and reflecting.

Some of the interesting things I learned were that above a pharaoh’s tomb was an inscription that read “Those who enter, suffering will come.” or something like that. There were three types of Greek Columns.

I don’t really like how the point of view changes every chapter. I think the big idea is that everyone can come together to make something great. I’ve liked Curtis because he is making his garden to get Lateesha to like him again. I liked all of the activities we’ve done in classes. Painting rocks was lots of fun and making flowers out of tin cans in Mr. Howard’s class. I really thought this was cool. We got to use hammers and scissors. I liked Mrs. Lubich’s activity because we got to use rocks and hang out with our friends.

I found out that the telescope has made many great discoveries. Some deal with the speed of light and others deal with how gravity works.  My final project is coming along very well, I have the 3-D museum display done and am just starting on my research board. My research question was “How has the telescope changed science?” so the discoveries that have been made will show how that telescope has changed science. I am very close to ready for the fair.

Well, my friend convinced me to read The Hunger Games. I read all three books in one week! I thought that they all were awesome. I liked the third one most. I liked it most because it was very exciting and very suspenseful. I liked how it was like the other series I read. They both have wars and fighting, the only difference is the time periods they are in. that is all I have to say right now.

We were playing with chicken wings to wrap up the muscular system. I thought the experiment was lots of fun and a little weird. I am positive that it was worthwhile. I learned that it is fun to play with ligaments and the colors of fat and muscle. The chicken wing was awesome.

Article posted April 3, 2012 at 03:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 63

I am blue pants,

Messy and normal.

I am the box in the corner,

The one that fads into the back ground.

I am that lamp next to the couch,

Always doing the same thing.

I am the that dog,

Always around.

I am a camping machine,

Who never wants to, but always does.

I am a misplaced rug,

I don’t go in most rooms, but I do some.

I am the door that won’t swing open easily,

You just need to show me you can do it to me before.

I am the ocean,

Just going with the flow.

I am just a crazy person,

Always changing my opinion on things.

I only know one thing for sure, I am me.

Article posted March 19, 2012 at 03:27 AM GMT • comment • Reads 67

In their position, I would have had the courage to go on, but after the brother was beaten up I would have given up. I was a little shocked at the “equal but separated” thing that was happening, and how poorly the nine were treated. I would have continued until they stared to beat people up, but other than that I think I would have had the courage to continue. I have decent temper control, but if I had been beaten up I would have fought back. Then, I would have been expelled. I think those kids were very strong and helped break the barrier between black people and white people. Discrimination does still go on, but not on such a big scale. People get discriminated, maybe if they are crippled, or act weird. You get shut out.

Article posted March 5, 2012 at 03:54 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

A book I have has a lot of quotes, my favorite one is “Real difficulties can be overcome; it is the imaginary ones that are unconquerable.” Theodore N. Vail said that.

When one was young, he had many irrational worries. Then comes a book. Has many stories. With every story, a quote or two. Reading one or another makes a difference. One quote really sticks out to this young man. Sheds some light this quote has done. Relax the worries this quote has done. A different person he has become.