This year was a lot better than I ever expected it to be. If I had to predict what was going to happen to me in seventh grade the only thing I would have said is that I was going to learn a lot about science, math, language art, and history. Sure all of that is true, but that is definitely not the only thing I have learned this year. I have learned how to make acquaintances friends and how to make friends into best friends. The most important thing to me this year was my friends. Without them I probably would have had better grades, but I would have missed out on a lot of life’s lessons. The life lesson that I have learned this year was that you cannot do everything by yourself, so open up. I used to be very shy. Now she is the last word I would use to describe myself. I am glad that I finished this year with a 3.75 GPA and a lot of new friends!

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 02:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

This field trip was the best field trip ever. I really enjoyed the setting most of all. They made it look really cool and eye appealing. It makes me want to become an architect. The overall experience was very intriguing. The most interesting thing to me was how much stuff you could buy with one currency, and how little stuff you could buy with the other. That was the lesson I will take from international towne and use every day. That information can help me decide were to go on vacation. I might want to go to Mexico instead of Italy because of the currency exchange rates. I would love to go on this field trip over and over again.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 01:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

I really like this website and I am going to use it for all of my subjects!

Article posted May 3, 2012 at 03:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

My guiding question was, How Did the Black Plague Affect the modern medical field. The weird thing is that I never actually answered that exact question. Instead, I though more about the benefits of the disease. I ended up learning that without the black plague, we would have no medical bills to pay. I have two main reasons to support my opinion. First, without the plague doctors would be just as smart as the average person because medical school would have nothing to teach them. Second, most of the doctors would be dead any way because they would not have been wearing the proper protective gear.

While observing other people displays boards, I was really just looking at the design instead of the actual information that they had typed up so I only ended up learning a couple of things.

1. Romans had a very good war strategy.

2. Instead of guns, people would use a bow and arrow.

3. Japanese buildings are truly a work of art.

4. Dumplings are awesome!

This movie was really sad because nobody should ever be treated as disgustingly as they were, weather you are black white pink or purple. If I were in that situation I would have stood up for the African Americans because the only thing different between whites and blacks are there color and nothing else. Today I think that discrimination has barely improved. We may not be discriminating towards color, however we discriminate against what your wear, how rich or poor you are, and how smart you are. I hope that when I am a grandma, all discrimination will be ended.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 03:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 85

I really enjoyed this book because it had a good meaning to it. I think that the author was trying to convey a message similar to Rachel’s Challenge. If somebody were to do something nice, everybody will join to end a bigger problem, like segregation. My favorite character was Ana because she tried to get her dad's attention by planting some seeds, but what she actually did was something much bigger, put a stop to segregation. So far my favorite activity was making aluminum can garden with Mr.Howard. After he is done displaying our beautiful works of art I am going to make my flower into a ring.

My research project is based on the black plague and how it affected the modern medical world. I have to say that this was the worst project I have ever done in my life. Not to be a hater, but I really don’t see why we couldn't just do some research on the computer and tell her what we learned. I think it is totally unnecessary to put what you have learned on a giant piece of card board. But the bright thing is that I have learned a lot about the bubonic plague.

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 03:33 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

I know that I might be a little young to be thinking about all of the things I would like to do before I die, but whenever I am bored, I add another thing to my bucket list. So here are some of the things that are on my bucket list.

1. Go to Thailand

2. Go to Africa to help feed the kids there

3. Go to India

4. Get a birthday cake made by the Ace of Cakes

5. Play the piano as a job

6. Break a world record

7. Go extreme couponing

8. Not sleep for 72 hours

9. Learn how to sing the alphabet in 30 different languages

10. Experience no gravity

11. Finish a triathlon

12. Be stranded on a tropical island with one friend

13. Go to the Galapagos islands

Article posted April 9, 2012 at 01:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

When I first heard that we would be dissecting chicken wings to see all of the different muscles and stuff, I thought it would be really fun. However, when I actually saw the wing, I almost threw up. That was gross! I will never know how chefs turn that gross glop of meat into an appetizing entree. The only thing I learned, was when I get married my husband will be doing all of the cooking for sure. There is no way I could ever do that again. Wish me luck with the frog!

This poem was my playing with language poem. The words that I choose out of the hat were unicorn, nail polish, and pitchfork. Just to let you know, this poem might seem a bit violent. I hope you enjoy it any ways.

Once upon a day,

A pretty little unicorn

Was bouncing by the bay

His horn was the color of grass

Like my favorite shade of nail polish

He seemed very mad

And for that he shall be demolished!

Right this very second

I took my pitchfork

Out of my bag

And made a wonderful meal of pork

Mad little unicorn.