Bring It On Now!-

It's All Downhill From Here 05/15/12
I-Towne 05/11/12
VOCAB!!! 05/11/12
WHF Review 05/04/12
Seedfolks 04/30/12
World History Fair 04/21/12
Babies 04/11/12
Chicken Fun! 04/08/12
Softball 03/19/12
Little Rock Nine 03/15/12

For me 7th grade was very good. Everyday seemed kind of slow but the year went by fast! I think that everything was successful, I didn't really have any problems. I definitely learned more about not relying on teachers, but being independent. I can't really think of anything I'd change, but some medium sized projects I would like to do before the night before they are due. In 8th grade I want to not procrastinate as much. I don't like doing things until the last minute. Finally, I think that the upcoming 7th graders will do just fine, as long as they relax.

I think that I-Towne was an amazing experience! It was a lot of fun! I definitely learned a lot, especially about independence. I wish we had a longer time, we worked so hard for nothing, really. The breaks were super short, so by the time I got money it was time to go back. My favorite part was looking at what each country had to offer, it was very unique. Overall, I really liked I-Towne.

Article posted May 5, 2012 at 03:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

"How did Ancient Rome's clothing for women effect that of today?" World history influences our lives today in many ways. In my project, it influenced today's clothing. Many things are similar. They had a zona/bra, a subligaculum/slip, a tunic/dress, a stola/dress that represented marriage, and a palla/shawl. The most interesting part for me was that women had so many layers. I found out a lot, such as sometimes women would wear more than one tunic.

From the other 7th graders I learned many things. One of the main things I saw was Asian writing. I thought it was very interesting how they could understand all those symbols, but I guess they could say that about our letters. One thing that really fascinated me was that Leonardo Da Vinci was more than just an artist, I did not know that before.

I honestly don't think Seedfolks is the best book. I haven't been able to read that much of it but it is very repetitive, new foreign person, see the garden, have some big memorable thing, then contribute to the garden. At this point I don't really know that much about the characters, but they all seem pretty good. I think the activities have all been very fun. I really like Mr. Howard's flowers and Mrs. Lubich's rocks. I think I liked them so much because they were artsy, and you didn't have to think as much.

Article posted April 22, 2012 at 02:44 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

My topic, Ancient Roman Clothes for Common Women, has created change in that now I can respect the ancient Romans for their incredible ways of meeting clothing necessities but not going overboard. My final project is turning out pretty good. This weekend I've been working on my display and board.

Article posted April 12, 2012 at 03:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

My 28 year old cousin Amber, is due to have her baby in June, and I cannot wait! They haven't decided on his name, but are deciding mainly between Easton (yes, like the bat) and Teluride (It's a city in Colorado, they would call him Rider). Anyways, I will get to babysit the baby and help my cousin out over the summer, which is good because I never really have been able to babysit or spend a lot of time with babies since I'm an only child. My mom and I (but mainly me) are going to put a scrapbook together of the baby and my cousin because I think it'd be really cool to see more of me as a baby.

Article posted April 9, 2012 at 03:10 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

I think the chicken wing lab was fun, but definitely gross. It was cool being able to see the chicken wing move and seeing how the wings worked. I was partnered with Ella and Ben and at one point Ella and I accidently cut into a vein or something because a little bit of blood spit out. Even with that it was still a fun and worth while project. I learned a lot about how muscles work together and it definitely helped to be seeing what we were learning in class.

Eat, sleep, and play every single day.

Never

Ever get a break, or a short day off.

Always the same,

Practice like you play, they

Say.

Don’t think of stopping, just do it.

Love

The game, whatever is

The cost.

When I watched the movie, I was horrified at what the teenagers were going through. If I was put in their shoes, I think I wouldn't be able to "survive" at first, but yet grow stronger by the end of the year because I would already be used to it, and it would still hurt, but it wouldn't be as big of a surprise. However, I don't think I would have the courage to fight back, mainly because I'm more of a background person, not the main character. I think it was unfair that the blacks were treated so badly. What did they ever do wrong? I think that some things have changed, but a lot of whites still put more pressure on blacks to prove themselves good. Also, we still have blacks and whites, which makes us seem like to different things, sort of like a lion and a rabbit. It's really not true, the only thing that's different between whites and blacks is skin color.

Well, there isn't much to tell. Pretty much I love softball (it's my life!) I play 1st base, 2nd base, and outfield. I also love horses and ride western whenever I can.