Article posted May 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 111

Seedfolks is a O.K. so far. I like how each chapter there is character that contributes to the garden. They all come from different walks of life but the garden is what they all have in common. My favorite person so far is the girl in the first chapter. She is the one that started the huge community! My favorite activity was making flowers in Mr. Howards room because we didn’t have to do any math that day!

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 12:07 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

I was a little surprised at how the people in the movie treated African Americans. The craziest part was that they were not far from the truth. My father was born in Alabama in 1955 when the whole racism was going on. Even though he was a boy he still saw racism everywhere. I would not have had the courage to do what Ernest did, I would be too fearful and I know I wouldn’t keep a cool head if hurtful terms were said towards me. T he little rock nine demonstrated no matter how young you are if you stand up for what you believe in, there just might be a change. And I’m very appreciative of that.

Our world’s history influences our lives today because we need to learn why some of our traditions, religions, and cultures came from. My guiding question was “Who were the Medieval Knights” and it surprised me while researching that most weapons and almost all their armor were starting grounds for the soldiers of today.

Walking around, I saw many wonderful projects and I learned a lot too. It was hard to see all the projects in the 30 minutes they gave us but, the ones I saw were awesome. I learned about the Trojan War, Zeus, Ancient China, and more. There were really interesting projects that were great.

Article posted May 2, 2012 at 02:42 AM GMT • comment • Reads 75

My World History project is going very well. My guiding question is "How did the Medieval Knights live?" My topic hasn't changed that much because I choose something I have never done or read about and I did learn a lot of interesting facts about them. I 3D display was pretty hard because no one would help me but I finished it and it looks better than I expected. The World History Fair should be GREAT!

Article posted May 2, 2012 at 02:32 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 54

I'm very excited about International Towne. The things that we are going to do there sound so fun and I can't wait. When I was in 5th grade my class took a trip to Young Ameri-towne. It was a little different because it was just "America", but now it's on a way bigger scale and we will have to deal with trading, converting money, and knowing which places sell what. I know it will be confusing at times but I will be ready for it.

At first, I thought it would not be that bad but then I saw then SMELLED the chicken, that’s when I didn’t like it. In general, it was cool seeing and doing something different. I learned that muscles are connected and they can move without the brain telling it to if you push the right spot of the muscle. Overall I had fun with the experiment and I hope we do more like it.

Outside my house

In my backyard

Near a immense tree

On my grass

During the day

Under the sun

By night, the same

Between then no change

With no other dog beside him

Throughout the day

Up until dinner

From dawn till dusk

On his grass

In his backyard

Outside my house

Article posted February 26, 2012 at 02:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

I have not thought about my goals for 2012, but so far my goals for 2012 are to get great grades, make the I.S. basketball team, and get taller!

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 03:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 106

Microbiology and cells in science have been really awesome to learn about. The best part is interacting in the labs like using the microscope to see all the cells. Learning things like osmosis and photosynthesis. It’s amazing to know that everything is made up of cells and all have important things to do. Learning about this whole thing has been really enjoyable and I can’t wait what’s next.

Article posted February 10, 2012 at 05:50 AM GMT • comment • Reads 79

I LOVE basketball but not because anyone can do it. In competitive basketball it challenging you have to be smart and quick to play. You have to be smart because the game changes quickly you could be up by 10 points and if you don’t play well you could be down 10. I love basketball because of all the obstacles you go through to score and defend. That’s why I love the game of basketball.

Article posted February 10, 2012 at 05:36 AM GMT • comment • Reads 75

Some of the "tools" that poets use to create effect in their writing are rhyming or free verse in order to make it clever and upbeat or just to get a point across. Another is personification to bring life to the poem like, the flowers beside them chill and shiver. Dr.Suss used a lot of rhyming and I was clever and sometimes made his own words.

Article posted February 10, 2012 at 05:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 99

I have been reading Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick. I have really enjoyed this book. The character's name is Steven and his brother Jeffrey has cancer. The book talks about the changes he goes through during this time and its really good. I like how in the book things can change so quickly and steven has a different recation and you never know what it's going to be.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 01:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

I selected "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend." by Martin Luther King, Jr. I think it means if you act in a positive way to your adversary you can make peace with them. You could apply this in life if having any conflict with someone to just show friendship. Doing this it could change their way of thinking and their attitude. This can change the world by changing their mind set and they will be more kind to all.

Overall I think the project went well, I was kind of worried about the time we were given to finish. The wiki was our main source of info that is how I knew what poem we were doing. The project was very different because we work with people all the way from Louisiana and we had to communicate commenting on the wiki and sending messages and waits for a response. This was, at least in my group, a problem so much that we did different poems. This project was pretty hard just figuring out where everybody was with the project, but I’m glad I am finished and done with it.

Over all I think blogging is ok. Some of our writing prompts are entertaining like funniest thing but others are dull like the current event. For me it really depends on the prompt. Some things I think would improve our blogging would be more exiting if we had less blogs, we have one every week!!!!, And more fun writing .

Article posted October 27, 2011 at 04:43 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

I just found out how to do this!

Article posted October 27, 2011 at 04:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

Please give me feedback:

There are many reasons why it is important to remember the past, but it is especially important to remember culture and history. Remembering helps you to learn from mistakes and good and bad experiences. As an American, it is important to take pride in our great history and remember those that have died for our freedom still to this day.

Article posted October 27, 2011 at 01:54 AM GMT • comment • Reads 66

I have been reading a book call the Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart. So far, I really like the book it has suspenseful and funny moments. Another thing I liked was how everything connects so, you really have to listen to get it.     

Article posted October 22, 2011 at 05:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

I thought that the field trip was fun! In addition, I learned a lot. My favorite part was probably when we got to play the OH Dear game. It showed that there is not always enough or too much of resources for all the animals. I also love all the team-building activities after lunch. Although the weather was not ideal, I still had a fun time at Fox Run.

Article posted September 29, 2011 at 03:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 57

What I saw was one man prepared 28 doughnuts for seven officers and he thought he could divide it so that each officer got 13. Witch was…wrong, for it to be right each officer would have to have four. At first he took away the two and put 7 into 8 with the remainder of 1, then put the two back making it 21, witch he was suppose to not take out the 2 and just put 7 into 28. He then divided 21 by 7 that equaled 3 making it 13.Another thing he did was try to add up 13 seven times but he didn’t carry the 2 and he just added the seven ones making it 28. This trick would also work with 25,14,and 5.

Article posted September 20, 2011 at 05:28 AM GMT • comment • Reads 76

The funniest and most embarrassing thing that has happen to me was in 2007. It was my first year playing baseball, it was my team’s first game, I was up at bat and I was so bottled up with an insane amount of adrenaline. Then all the by standing parents went still and the pitcher chucked the ball in my direction. Just at the right time I hit the ball as hard as I could and went spiriting….the wrong way. There I was with the biggest smirk on my face and then I start to hear parents and teammates scream, “Wrong Way!”

I finally put it together and went the other way witch was not a problem I hit the ball pretty far. That is just one of the funniest things that happen to me.

Article posted September 6, 2011 at 05:38 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 136

1. My favorite color is blue.

2. My favorite football team is the Green Bay Packers.

3. My favorite food is pizza.

4. I’m allergic to peanut butter.

5. My dog is a Miniature Australian Shepard.

6. I was born in Colorado springs.

7. I’m the youngest out of four children.