Article posted May 16, 2012 at 02:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 141

Over all, I think 7th grade has been the best year yet! I have had a good year academically and personally. One thing that didn’t go so well was Spanish, my worst class (there’s always next year). I have made new friends and learned more about myself. This year was great, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 02:45 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

My guiding question was: Why did the Chinese wear what they did?

Chinese people wore many different styles of traditional clothing which haven’t changed much over the past hundreds of years. I also learned about how much cotton and silk made an impact on today’s world. The most interesting part for me was learning about what the higher, rich class wore. They had very elegant, decorated and expensive clothing.

When we went to look at other projects I learned about the Coliseum, Japanese clothing, and many more. I thought that the World History Fair was really fun and successful, I defiantly learned a lot.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 02:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

My world history fair topic is Chinese clothing. I learned a lot about how Chinese people, rich and poor, dressed in ancient times. These different social classes had separate styles. I also researched the impact of cotton and silk on China. I really enjoyed studying this topic and I learned so much about traditional Chinese clothing.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 02:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 64

Watching the Ernest Green story made me realize how hard it was for African-Americans to be in white schools. It made me upset that people would be so cruel to someone they won’t even try to get to know. I wouldn’t have been able to do what they did, but they kept persevering through their hard times. The kids at Little Rock Nine made a great deal of change for today’s world through a lot courage when times couldn’t seem to get worst.

I can’t wait until summer; I have so much I am going to do. I will be helping out with my church by volunteering to teach kid in vacation bible school and I am going on a mission trip to Leadville. I will also be going to Texas to visit my family. This summer I may also be doing volleyball at the Y with some of my friends. This summer is going to be so much fun!

I thought that International Towne was a really enriching and fun experience. I learned a lot. I learned how to handle my money when doing foreign exchange. My favorite thing was being able to work the sound board in Germany. If I could change anything I would change the foreign exchange so that it will have a service rate on it because that happens a lot when you are really traveling to other countries. Over all, I really liked going to International Towne and it was a really fun field trip.

Article posted May 1, 2012 at 02:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 68

I surprisingly like the book Seedfolks. When I first started I didn’t like it at all but when I got towards the end I saw how a garden could bring so many different people together to do one great thing for their community. This huge act started with one simple act from a little girl named Kim. Kim is my favorite character because instead of sitting around and morning her dad’s death she went out and did something great despite what happen to her family. We did a lot of fun activities but my favorite activity so far has been painting rocks because I made mine look like a pretty lion!

Article posted May 1, 2012 at 01:22 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

We dissected chicken wings to learn how mussels and ligaments worked together to move the wing. I thought that it was a good learning experience and I personally learned a lot. I didn’t think it was that disgusting because it’s the same thing that you eat for dinner, so it didn’t bother me at all.

Article posted May 1, 2012 at 01:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 60

Playing with words:

Neptune says hi

Up in the sky

From down below

Her pink dress flows

Wishing she was there

Instead of here

Wanting to be free

Like a bird

Flying over Neptune

Her pink dress flows

She will say hi

Up in the sky.

My quote that speaks to me is “Life shouldn’t be measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”

-Maya Angelou

Life is precious

One day it me not be there

So life to the fullest

And don’t have regrets

When you look back smile because of the wonderful things

Don’t cry because of the bad

Because when it’s all said and done and you’re gone

Your life will be beautiful

And spectacular

So don’t miss a moment

That could take your breath away

In science this quarter we have been learning about micro organisms. It has been a lot of fun but some parts were pretty disgusting. For example, the tiny shrimp we looked at was probably the ugliest thing I have ever seen. Studying single celled organism was really interesting and I learned a lot!

Out the door

Past all the people

Beneath the blue sky

Among the trees

Under the canopy

Across the river

Over the rainbow

Down the hill

Durring the storm

By the rocky stream

Beside the lake

Around the ditch

Across the road

Inside the door

To grandmothers house we go

This weekend I went to go see “The Vow”. “The Vow” is about a husband and wife that get in a car crash and after the wife wakes up from a comma she can’t remember anything for the past five years. To make things worse she can’t remember meeting her husband, Keith so Keith has to figure out how to make his wife to fall in love with him again.

Article posted February 14, 2012 at 04:53 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

Poetic “tools” are use to make the readers see and imagine things wail they’re reading. Some poetic tools are personification and rhyme. Personification is when the writer gives a nonhuman thing human like abilities. For example, a poet may use a pencil in his poem and say it danced across the paper but pencils cannot dance he/she just makes it seem that way. Rhyme is a poetic “tool” that entertains and keeps the reader interested. Rhyme is when the end of two words that sound the same. For example, “The Cat in the Hat” is a rhyming poem. Poetic “tools” are very important to a poem because without them poetry would be boring and dull.

Article posted January 19, 2012 at 02:48 AM GMT • comment • Reads 71

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt.

I think that this quote means that if you believe in yourself you can get a lot farther than you think you can. If I surround myself with people that believe in me I will be able to do anything. This can be used to make a change in someone’s attitude because success over time helps people think positively. This can change our world by encouraging the world’s leaders to work together.

Article posted January 19, 2012 at 02:36 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

In 2012 I hope to grow academically and spiritually. I hope to get all my homework in on time because this proves a great challenge. It also shows that I take my classes seriously and I value the work I do. I hope to grow spiritually by attending church every Sunday and praying. By treating my friends like I would like to be treated I will grow as a person.

Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;

mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;

mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA">Our project as a team went very well. Communication wasn’t a problem and we worked very easily together. Personally, I wouldn’t have done anything differently. This team project worked very smoothly.

Article posted December 13, 2011 at 12:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

We haven’t learned a whole lot about Greece but we have learned about the gods and goddesses of ancient Greek mythology. Some of them are Corinth, Megara and Argos.

In our class our team (Corinth) we had to pick a tune to sing the Greek alphabet to so we chose Baby by Justin Bieber but apparently we weren’t supposed to choose a song that Mrs. Gagnon didn’t know so we will have to choose a different song. We have also made a logo and chant to go along with our group.

Why do you think that mysteries have been popular throughout the centuries? I got the idea for my blog from one of Mrs. G’s assignments.

I think that mysteries are still popular after 100 years or so because you can read a mystery story over and over and still find something new about it. Mysteries will always keep you interested because you’re on the edge of your seat and what to know what happens next.

Article posted November 26, 2011 at 03:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

Three things I am thankful for are my friends, family, and God. I am thankful for my family because they give me everything. I am also thankful for my friends because without them life would be boring and dull. I am thankful for God because He has given me everything I have including my friends’ family and a wonderful country to live in. These are three of the most important thing that I am thankful for.

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 01:44 AM GMT • comment • Reads 71

In a school district in Maine teachers have decided to give each one of their kindergarteners an iPad to make the reading class more enjoyable. Electronics are nothing new to these kids and they will grow up with them. What are your thoughts on this? Personally, I believe that this is a good idea because it’s not only teaching these kids to read, it’s preparing them for a new future of technology.

http://cnnstudentnews.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/12/reading-in/

To be honest, I hate blogging. I think it’s boring and hard. It’s not fun and if I had a choice I would never go on a blogging site again. I personally don’t know anyone who would blog by choice.

Article posted November 4, 2011 at 05:27 AM GMT • comment • Reads 71

Recently, I have been reading a book called Sixteen by Julia Karr. This book is about the life of Nina Oberon, a normally fifteen year old girl in the year 2075. Soon Nina’s life turns upside down when her mom is killed and learns her dad is still alive. I like this book a lot and considering how much I hate books I guess that’s pretty good. I over all like the author and want to read more books by her.

mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-theme-font:

minor-latin">Once upon a time there was a small little chinchilla his name was Jorge. Jorge had a best friend named Leonardo. Jorge and Leonardo loved adventures, especially ones that were life threatening. One day they two friends decided to go on yet another life threatening adventure. They wanted to go to the legendary Candy Mountain in the Forest of Death. All the chinchilla throughout the land new better than to ever step foot in the forest but Jorge and Leonardo were up for the challenge! The morning of their journey they woke up early to get a head start on the day. At 6:00 they set out. They walked and walked and walked for three whole days until they reached their destination. “Wow! It’s Candy Mountain,” exclaimed Jorge. They pulled out two large sacks to pile up on candy. Then all of a sudden there was a flash of lightning and a huge crash. Jorge and Leonardo were standing in a pit of quite sand. An old chinchilla stepped out of the shadows and into view. Jorge and Leonardo begged for the old chinchilla to help but he didn’t budge. Finally he spoke out. “You have stolen from me,” he said, “now you must pay the price.” Then he walked of and left them to die. The end.

Article posted October 6, 2011 at 05:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 57

I thought that Fox Run Park was a fun experience. The best part was at the end when we got to hang out with our friends and do what we wanted. I learned about natural selection and how it plays along in nature. The activity I enjoy the most was the team building activities because they were the most fun.

Article posted October 6, 2011 at 04:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

I don’t think that any book deserves to be banned. Every writer has the right to write whatever they want. I personally think that banning books is stupid because it’s not going to stop people from reading what they really want to read. If someone is reading a book that they don’t like then it is there choose to stop reading but it’s not there choose to make others stop reading. Banned book week is a great way to show America’s freedom of speech.

Article posted October 4, 2011 at 03:38 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

In this video a very unintelligent man is arguing with another man about the amount of donuts that each officer gets. While the unintelligent man argues that 13 goes into 28 7 times the other man is arguing that only 4 goes into 28 7 times. What the unintelligent man was doing wrong was he was using the wrong method of math. Instead of adding 13 as a whole he added the individual digits, the ones place and the tens place, so he added 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+3+3+3+3+3+3+3=28.

Article posted October 4, 2011 at 03:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

One of the funniest things that happened to me was when I was about 5 years old. I went with my best friend and his mom to the park  and instead of climbing on the jungle gyms we started climbing on trees. My friend was really good at climbing trees and I wasn’t. He showed me how to climb up and down the tree properly. After he jumped down he helped me get in the tree I climbed for a minute or two before I realized that this was a very bad idea. I stared to climb down until I got stuck. I was stuck up about 10ft. in a tree with no way to get down. Finally, my friend’s mom came to the rescue. She had to climb up in the tree and get me down herself. I was really embarrassed about not being able to climb I tree so I tried again (that was how my 5 year old brain worked!). Luckily I didn’t get stuck that time and I was very proud of myself. :)

Article posted October 4, 2011 at 03:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

I thought that the assembly last week for Rachel’s Legacy was worthwhile, needed and very affective. Rachel defiantly makes me want to be a better person to my family, friends and even people I don’t even know. I took away many things from the assembly. I took away the meaning of what it means to be a true leader and that everybody deserves kindness. Rachel’s Legacy was an eye opener to many people including myself. I remind myself daily to be like Rachel. I think that we need more than one assembly a year because half way through the year everyone stops caring about what we learned earlier in the year.

Article posted September 6, 2011 at 05:35 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 69

1. I have two sisters.

2. I love chocolate.

3. I was born in Texas.

4. I love softball and volleyball.

5. I love to listen to music.

6. I have two cats and three fish.

7. My favorite color is blue.