World history has affected our lives today because it shaped the path to today. Had things not happened the way they happened this world would be extremely different. You or I probably wouldn’t be here. My guiding question was, ‘How has the trebuchet affected warfare?’ It affected warfare by introducing a ranged siege weapon that could outrange arrows and bring down walls. It shaped empires and destroyed empires. The world would be quite different if the trebuchet did not exist. I learned that the French made it Europe’s favorite siege weapon. I thought the most interesting part of this project was finding out that the trebuchet was invented in China. Gunpowder was also invented there and overthrew the trebuchet from its throne.

I liked what people had done for their projects. I learned that the romans defeated Carthage by having a special formation to take out the powerful war elephants. I also learned that the Mongolians had the trebuchet that the Chinese invented. It was pulled by men. I learned a lot in this project and I wish I could do some parts over.

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM • comment • Reads 48 • see all articles