MY Blog not yours-

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 02:43 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

The 7th grade was good. I think I achieved a milestone, covered partly in bushes. It might not look significant, but, nevertheless, it is still a milestone. 7th grade was different. There was more work but there were fun things too, like football and weaving an awesome hat.

There was also lots of learning. I learned Spanish, poetry, algebra, body parts, etc. I learned, in a personal way, how to be responsible, timely, and organized (in my work).

There are a few things that I would change. There should be a locker a person. I know that is not entirely possible, but it would still be nice. I also think that we should be allowed to choose our locker. Then we should have more field trips.

7th grade was good overall. Of course, there were a few uneventful, stressful, complicated, tiring, and boring moments but 90% was positive. I am looking forward to summer break. Also for the new seventh graders I say, be confident, but not too confident. If you are too confident then people will dislike you.

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 02:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

I have mixed opinions about iTowne. Some aspects were good, but, some of which I am about to share with you is undesirable. I learned almost nothing but how things are transported from country to country. I learned more in Ameritowne. I really didn’t think the video selection for India was quite appealing to a middle school. Their selection is a movie in Hindi and some travel films. That will repel the average middle school kid at the sight of it. The only good parts in all of iTowne were the breaks, but, I lost five minutes of my first break because the lady in the blue coat was helping me fill forms. Then I spent another five minutes in line for Singapore. I could only hit Egypt for the picture and Japan for the wallet activity. Really, overall I disliked much of the aspects of iTowne.

World history has affected our lives today because it shaped the path to today. Had things not happened the way they happened this world would be extremely different. You or I probably wouldn’t be here. My guiding question was, ‘How has the trebuchet affected warfare?’ It affected warfare by introducing a ranged siege weapon that could outrange arrows and bring down walls. It shaped empires and destroyed empires. The world would be quite different if the trebuchet did not exist. I learned that the French made it Europe’s favorite siege weapon. I thought the most interesting part of this project was finding out that the trebuchet was invented in China. Gunpowder was also invented there and overthrew the trebuchet from its throne.

I liked what people had done for their projects. I learned that the romans defeated Carthage by having a special formation to take out the powerful war elephants. I also learned that the Mongolians had the trebuchet that the Chinese invented. It was pulled by men. I learned a lot in this project and I wish I could do some parts over.

Well really we have only read the first two chapters of Seedfolks. So, I really cannot say much. My friend's class read the whole book in one class period.  We were reading the book as a class. The activities were quite...uh... pointless. We planted seeds, made flowers out of cans, and painted rocks. To me all they did was give an excuse to relax. Over all I'm wondering if we should read the book on our own and that the activities were boring.

The trebuchet has created change by making warfare form very long distances possible. I have learned that the French played a big role in making the trebuchet Europe’s favorite siege weapon. I still have to begin my board and 3D visual aide, but, I shall soon start working on them. My project will point out how the trebuchet flung stuff and had the capabilities of accepting lots of types of ammunition.  

Article posted April 10, 2012 at 02:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

The Race

The man was confident that he was going to win the race. After all, he did have a Ferrari 458. He looked at all the other aristocrats with their supercars. Pah! An Aston martin V12 Zagato. Just 510 Horsepower, his Ferrari would eat it alive with 561 Hp. Let’s see, what else, Oh! Hahaha! A Shelby GT-500! Oh, that’s going to be easy. Hmm. Oh. Ughh. Is that a McLaren-Mercedes SLR? Yeah. That’s going to be hard. Oh poo, Lamborghini Aventador. Maybe I can out corner it. The race was about to start. The V12s Screamed as the race started. Instantly the man was in the lead. Over a 3 million dollars worth of cars were in his rear view mirror. Then he saw a car that made him wet his pants. The Koenigsegg Agera R, the new fastest car in the world. The second he saw that he almost broke the accelerator pedal. The race lasted fifty minutes. The final stretch came he knew he would be out powered on this straight away. He swung side to side blocking any cars that would take away his lead. Then the most unusual thing happened, the Zagato and the Aventador passed him then the Koenigsegg. Suddenly he was pushed off the track by the GT-500. He watched as the historic three way tie between the Aventador, the Zagato and the Agera R in the August of 2012.

That truly is the first thing I disected that was in good state. We have disected owl barf, gutted, cleaned fish with scales, and a plant. I found all of that pointless. With the chicken wing, though, you could see fat, muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones, and cartilage. It was awesome. The only thing i think would have made it better is that if it still had arteries and veins. I really didn't learn anything. But i saw how every thing works in action, and that was the point of this experiment. But, at lunch i saw Alex eating a burrito whose filling suspiciously looked like the the raw chicken wing fat.

WISHES

I wish

I could do anything

Snapping and a pancake would appear

Clapping and poverty would disappear

Tapping and fuel crisis would end

And saying what knew was impossible

And make it possible

I wish

I was rich

Making enormous donations

Owning great cars

Owning huge companies

That will innovate

The path to the future

I wish

I was a cloud

With the wind blowing me wherever

Moving me whenever

Becoming whatever

Just up there forever

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 01:21 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

The Ernest Green Story is an amazing and inspiring story about courage and sacrifice. I think I wouldn’t have been able to do what The Little Rock Nine did and I couldn’t have remained at peace. It must have taken a lot of determination to enter, stay, and graduate from a school that doesn’t want your race. The Little Rock Nine were harassed and tormented, beaten and made fun of. Even the National Guard stopped them from entering the school. Things have changed these days because institutions are legally barred from segregation. There is a lot of discrimination around the world based on gender, religion, race, etc.

Article posted February 29, 2012 at 01:14 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

“An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind”

-Mahatama Gandhi

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind

Good advice for the human kind

Getting  back at each other is not nice

A lot will pay the price

Let what happens happen and don’t try to change it

Stand by your own belief and defend it

Mental strength and nonviolence are the keys

Together we will ensure peace

I'm Awesome.