MY Blog not yours-

Dissecting the chicken wings may have been gross! But it was also very fun. In this lab, we learned how the muscular system works with the skeletal system. I probably won't do it again because it was nasty, I'm not a fan of cold, bloody, smelly, meat! But the experience was worth while!

Article posted April 10, 2012 at 02:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 37

Personally, I did not dissect the chicken because I left earlier that day because of sickness. By looking at someone's paper I learned that this was a very interesting task. There were a lot of things to learn. I guess I'll have to wait until we dissect frogs to experience that. we learned all the parts of an animal and gotto see what itlooked like

The dissection was the worst thing ever. I did not eat chicken for like 3 weeks. To answer the Question I did not learn anything because I left after 10 min after the dissection started.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 09:48 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

I didn't really play with my chicken wing. The most exciting part I thought was making the chicken move by moving two of its muscles. I also discovered that the chicken wing wasn't that bloody. I didn't know exactly why we did the dissection but maybe it could prepare us for the frog dissection.

Article posted April 9, 2012 at 12:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

The dissection of the chicken wing was a weird experience because of how much stuff is in a wing and how they work. It was cool to feel the gooey stuff and ligaments of the wing. The dissection made me think of how amazing our bodies are and how they function. It was a humbling experience and I’m glad that we got to dissect a chicken wing and I wont forget it.

We did the chicken wing lab to show us how the muscular system works. I didn’t really like the disection of the chicken wing. I would have preferred to do it by myself and with a better tutorial because my group was lost. I think we also should had more time to do it because we barely got the skin off and see the muscular system. I also didn’t learn much from the lab because half of the time my group was goofing off so to me it was kind of a waste of resources. However, I did know a little because of the notes on the muscular system from class.

We dissected chicken wings to learn about some kinds of muscle.  I thought it wasn't too bad, but, it smelled like rotten eggs.  I did learn what some kinds of muscle and some other tissues looked like.  Also, I would prefer next time, to dissect something bigger.

I think when we disected the chicken wing it was really gross because it is all dead and just gross and wrong. I did not have fun doing this experiment it was wierd I learned that even know the chicken wing was dead it still moved. Pore chicken RIP.

We dissected a chicken wing because we want to see the different joints, muscles, and tendons look like in side. I thought it was nasty, because I don’t like see in side animals its gross and no it was not worthwhile. I learned chicken wing are hard to cut into and different joints can make the chicken wing open up and close.

Personally I didn't care for the dissection of the chicken wing.  I actually told my mom I didn't want to eat chicken for a while.  It really wasn't worth while for me because I am just not that into it.  I learned what cartilidge looks like, and what bone marrow looks like.  I guess it was kind of neat to see how the muscles work.  Other than that I would have to say that this was my least favorite thing to do in science so far.

I actually do not think that the chicken wing dissection was that fun. I personally do not like seeing blood, raw meat, or anything like that. I ended up touching the chicken wing, ONCE, then I decided that I would write instead of dissecting the chicken wing. I really am not excited for the frog dissection. I learned that one of the tendons controls the muscle so when you pull it, the arm moves, eeek!

I enjoyed the disection of the ckicken wings. It was a little gross but the fact that we eat them made it a little less disturbing. I really don't think I learned much but it was an amazing experience getting to cut through the skin and muscle down to the bone and getting to see how the chicken moves it's arms. :D

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 02:44 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

In the chicken wing dissection, we learned about muscles, bones, tendons, and ligaments. The makeup of the wing is just like the makeup of a human arm. We could see how the muscles were attached and even got to pull on the muscles to see how the bones moved. I think it was worthwhile. It's definitely more fun than taking notes and reading text books. I didn't learn all that much. What I did learn was that the skin of a chicken is pretty thick!

Article posted April 3, 2012 at 02:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 32

Dissecting a chicken wing is not actually that bad. The worst part for me was just cutting through the skin with dull scissors. It was really interesting to see the layers of skin, muscle, and bone. I learned just how complex the mechanisms are that allow us to do simple tasks. I think we should cut open frogs next; I haven't yet seen the classic subject of dissection.

I always enjoy disections. I have done many more before the chicken wing. I've disected a dog shark, frog, cray fish, worm, grass hopper, and some more. I really didn't learn much from the chicken wing because of my other disections but it is neat to see what is in a body and to learn about how it works.

I personally wasn't very thrilled to dissect the chicken wing because I just felt like I was surrounded by a bunch of living flapping chickens and chickens freak me out so I was very uncomfortable with that. Our chicken wing also started bleeding which again, blood freaks me out because I always get something like a vision of a random heart that jumps around spurting out blood and that just really freaks me out, so yeah I did not like that experience!! I guess it was a good learning experience because we were able to see the bones, muscles, tendons, etc. It was a good learning experience but I was definitely uncomfortable!!!

In science class we dissected chicken wings to get a better idea what tendons are and what the muscle looks like when it's still on the bone. Unfortunately, I feel that the whole thing was kind of boring. I mean I've probably eaten at least 100 chicken wings in my life time, so there wasn't really anything I'd never seen before.

Something that puzzled me was why everyone else was so grossed out by it.

I thought the chicken wing dissection was really gross. I actually haven't eaten chicken wings since that science class. I am definietly NOT EXCITED to dissect the frogs. AT ALL. I don't enjoy dissecting living things or things that were living, that is.

In science class we were put into groups, and our assignment was to dissect a raw chicken wing. At first, we had to take off the skin then we tried to locate the ligaments and bone marrow. I thought it was really gross because the chicken was slimy and squishy. The worst part was when we cut into the blood vessel and it shot out blood, also when we cut into the bone it was dripping blood. But in the end the whole assignment wasn't that horrible.

On Friday we dissected a raw chicken wing. I didnt think it was that bad because it wasn't a bunch of blood or organs or anything like that,but still its a raw chicken wing. When I was first cutting through the skin it was pretty easy. Then whne I got to the elbow part it was really tough becaue there are more padding and ligaments to cut through. Once we we got done cutting, we pulled on the mucles and each one did something.

Article posted April 6, 2012 at 01:42 AM GMT • comment • Reads 37

I guess it was fun when we dissected the chicken wing, personally I found it disgusting haha. I learned about how the chicken wing is set up with all the bones, ligaments and muscles. It was worth while because it was an experience because I don’t think this is something I would have dealt with in the future, well most likely not.

Article posted April 2, 2012 at 10:32 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 35

Well, the disection of a chicken wing wasn't all that bad. I had fun when I did it and thought it was the coolest thing ever. I wasn't afraid to touch it and I used bare hands instead of gloves, which everyone in my team thought was the grossest thing ever. But to feel it in your hands and to move it was the coolst thing ever. to see what the muscles looked like, how they connected and everything was just so epic. i wouldn't mind disecting something else, as long as I know it's dead and can not come back and bite me. I thought that the disection did teach me what it was supposed to teach me because I got to see how it worked, what caused it to work and stuff like that, which is what we were supposed to learn. and besides, I got to have fun while doing it. 

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 05:32 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Well, this was a different experiment. WE directed the wings because we are learning about different kinds of muscle and tissue. I am fine if it is on people but cold hard chicken wing blah... I would have preferred to watch a surgery or something. (No, I'm not mentally disturbed.) I think we should have done something with the human body. Although I did learn how to move a chicken wing.

Dissecting the chicken wing was awesome. We dissected a chicken wing because we were learning about the human muscular system. The chicken wings were an example of dissecting a human muscle. I think it was worthwhile because it was a pretty cool experience and we are not allowed to dissect people! I did not learn anything because I had already learned about the muscular system in fifth grade. Dissecting the chicken wing was ok, but the frog was better.

Dissecting a chicken wing was very interesting.

I have never dissected a chicken wing! It was amazing to see a chicken wing that’s uncooked after I’ve eaten so much chicken! The whole point of the chicken wing dissection was to get to see the ligaments, tendons, and muscles. You really can’t look at chicken the same afterward! I still chicken though!!

I think the chicken wings were nasty. They smelled awful, and they had a funky texture. It was sort of cool, seeing all the muscles and bones and tissue and stuff. It was pretty gross, but I guess it’s nothing compare to over spring break when I went to the animal shelter and had to watch a dog get neutered, but, hey, if I’m gonna be a vet, I’d better get used to it, cause it’s gonna get a lot worse! A LOT worse!!! I learned that it's good to wear face masks when you cut flesh open, because even though we didn't get to wear any, it smells really bad.

Article posted April 3, 2012 at 02:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 32

Yes Mrs.Lubich we did dissect chicken wings. It was very………. educational. I’m not the kind to go out and slaughter chickens for a bunch of middle school kids to cut apart with scissors, but I learned a lot. Learning how the muscles controlled the bones was the most interesting part. I personally am not going to form an opinion on whether the dissection was “worth it” but if you want to it basically comes down to whether you value the hands on learning or the chickens life more. Hmmm sounds like a perfect time to uncover some more about yourself and your personality. (If you do that stuff)

I thought that dissecting the chicken wing was fun even though I was the only one who did it in my group,and I thought it was fun pulling on the muscles to make the chicken wing move:)I think that it was worth while and it taught me how the muscles worked and that the chicken wing has much more detail to it than I thought.

Dissecting a chicken wing is fun. From what I learned having a vegetarian as a partner is not good. At least I didn't have that happen to me. Some parts I might have done wrong but it was fun. Nothing really grosser me out but, the blood vessel was disturbing. My lab partner took the probe and squized some blood out. Ick!!!

I thought dissecting chicken wings was really gross! I really didn't like it because I'm not a big fan of meat. Especially raw meat! We learned about the muscles that make the wing move. We had to cut into the wing and look at all the tendons, muscles, and tissue. We also had to do a worksheet about the parts of the inside of the wing and their functions.

Article posted April 6, 2012 at 09:39 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 35

We dissected the chicken wings before break so that we could learn more about what makes our body move. I thought it was cool because a lot of the stuff we saw in the chicken wing is not that different from what is inside us. Before we did the dissection, I knew some basics about muscles, ligaments, and tendons, but I did not know what they looked like, or that muscles work in pairs. I do believe that the dissection was worthwhile because it helped me visualize the information that we were being told in class. I did find it sort of gross though!

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 09:56 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 35

We dissected a chicken leg so we could understand the functions of tendons and bones a little better. I thought that it was really interesting because if you pulled on a ligament the leg would move back and fourth. I think that it was worth wile because it is not every day you get to take apart a chicken leg. I learned that every part in an organism works together.

The chicken wing dissection was interesting. The skin was quite hard to get through and ours still had some feathers on it. I learned that tendons in chickens can be fragile. When the first person started to move them to move the wing, they broke. All in all I thought it was a really fun lab. The frog should be fun.

Article posted April 5, 2012 at 03:10 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 38

I learned many things through the chicken wings dissection. First off, I learned that chicken wings are a nasty thing when raw, are greasy, and make you feel sick to your stomach. But academically wise, I learned that muscles are really the things that do all the work in moving your body. There were these two muscles on the chicken wing that you pulled and then the wing would go straight. I also learned that if chicken wings are complicated, then human bodies are extremely complicated. I never knew that we used so many of our muscles everyday to do everyday things. Another thing that I learned is that I'm not looking forward to the frog dissections.:)

Article posted April 2, 2012 at 09:56 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

Dissecting the chicken wing was kind of gross, but kind of fun. It was gross because I don't like getting my hands into all of that stuff, but it was also fun because it was different. I think that it was worth while because I learned some new things about the different parts and what they do and how they work. Even though that one was not my favorite, I can't wait to dissect the frog because it will be even better.(I think).

Article posted April 2, 2012 at 11:33 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

The chicken wing dissection in science was a fascinating thing to do. We did this because it helps us learn the location of each part of the chicken wing. We got to find the cartilage, muscles, and much more. I definitely thought it was worthwhile because we got to see all of those parts. I even cut through the top part of the bone, and I think I found bone marrow! It was a pretty fun experience overall.

Article posted April 8, 2012 at 12:43 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

We dissected a chicken wing in science before spring break because we would get to see the muscles and tendons in a real thing that was once living. I also think that we dissected the chicken wing so we could get to see the tendons and muscles of the inside of an animal. I think that it was worth while because now I know what the muscles and tendons of a chicken look like. I learned what the tendons and muscles look like and I also learned that if you pull on certain muscles that different parts of the chicken wing will move. Moving the different muscles was fun because other parts would move and it was kind of weird but also interesting.

There were certain things that I did not like about the dissection. I did not like pulling the skin off because it was difficult to pull it off. We did not have any sharp objects so we had to use our hand and blunt little poking objects to get the skin off. I also did not like the worksheet that we had to do. It asked questions about what was inside the chicken wing and what they looked like. I thought it was boring and long and time consuming.

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 09:57 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

I had so much fun disecting that chicken wing in science. We did it it to look at the muscles and to learn about joints. I think that the hardest part about disecting the chicken wing was cutting the skin off because it was really tough and gooey! I think that it was worth while because I will remember the joints mostly because everyone smelled like chicken after it was pretty gross.

Article posted April 3, 2012 at 01:31 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

About two weeks ago we dissected a chicken wing. It was torture for me! I have nothing against dissecting it but I was incredibly grossed out!!! If I wasn’t a vegetarian maybe I wouldn’t have been so grossed out, but I was. Anyway, I think we did this dissection to show how complicated the human body is and how compacted so many little things get in a small space. I do NOT think it was worth while but I guess in many ways it could be. In my opinion I thought it was pointless! Not to be negative or anything and don’t get me wrong I love science (some reasons more than others. For example I love taking notes and we seem to do that a lot in science) but I don’t like this unit I never did ever since second grade I ALWAYS found it pointless, boring, and gross! Anyway, I didn’t really learn anything new, just things I’ve learned in previous years. With me being this grossed out with just the wing or “leg” (as it would be on a frog) I don’t think I will survive the frog=http://

Article posted April 6, 2012 at 09:16 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 35

We dissected the chicken wing to learn about the muscular system. I personally thought it was gross. Mostly because of the bone. I hate touching bones or even looking at them (directly). It just bothers me. I would have much rather just taken notes. I could have learned more and had a better experience by just taking notes. I didn’t even learn anything.

Article posted April 3, 2012 at 03:10 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

We did play with chicken wings and it was very fun. We were practicing for the frogs so we wouldn't mess anything up. I truly enjoyed it, but I also want to become a doctor. It was definitely worth while, and honestly I would do it once a week in Science class. I learned that a muscle can still move a bone even when the animal is dead, all you have to do is push on it. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to another disection.

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 10:50 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

In science, we dissected chicken wings in order to find out about muscles, ligaments, etc. I didn't like dissecting because of the fact that I had to do all the work, cause it's gross! It wasn't worth while for me. It was hard to cut the skin and find the correct pieces. I did NOT enjoy it.

Article posted April 9, 2012 at 09:25 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 35

We dissected chicken wings to see how the parts looked, fit, and worked inside the wing. I thought that it was really awesome, and it didn't gross me out at all. In fact, I can't wait to dissect a frog. It's really fun to see what's inside things. Probably the only thing that I couldn't stand dissecting is a human being. The dissection was worth while because it helped me gain some experience in dissection before we dissect a full animal, like the frog. I learned where each internal part was connected to, how it functioned, and what it looked like. I am truly looking forward to dissecting the frog, and will relate my pleasurable experiences then. Chow!

Article posted February 2, 2012 at 12:31 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

I got to dissect a chicken wing. My science teacher wanted us to see how the limbs attached and how the leg moved. I thought it was really fun, but at the same time gross. The chicken smelled bad and it was all slimy. I thought it was worth wild. The experience was fun. I learned how the limbs attached and moved the leg. I look forward to dissecting the frog!

We dissected chicken wings before break for science class. I thought it was gross because the chicken wing was squishy and raw. I learned that there are lots of things in our bodies that connect to help us to move. In the chicken, when we had cut it open, we saw the two bones in the wing that moved the front part and a person in my group was moving them and it looked like the wing was kicking the air. It was very funny!

Article posted April 6, 2012 at 05:03 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

I thought the dissection was fun. I didn't do much though. I had to be the writer so I did not much dissecting. I got to see the muscles and everything else and I learned how they work. I believe it was worthwhile to do because everyone had the opportunity to learn.

Article posted April 3, 2012 at 08:04 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

I think some of us had a great time in science. The reason why I say some is because not all of us actually touched the chicken wing. I thought it was half fun and half disgusting. I thought it was fun because we all got to come together as a group and have fun and laugh together. I thought it was worth while because we all got to learn a lot of new things. I learned that if a muscle is attached to a bone you can pull that muscle and the bone will move. This is what I thought of the chicken wing lab.

Article posted April 11, 2012 at 02:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

I have not dissected the chicken wing because I was gone the day we did that and I hope that I can do that soon! I hope that with this experience we can learn more about the human body and how it works. I personally am not super excited for the frog dissection because I love animals all shapes and sizes! I feel so bad for the dead frogs that have to be cut open after they die:(. I have learned that the human body is a very complicated system and that if even one thing is wrong then some of your body does not work right. The human body has many systems that can be hard to follow and a ton of vocabulary that I can never remember! Oh well!

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

Dissecting the chicken wing was pretty cool. I think we dissected it because we were learning about how the body works and mainly how the muscles worked. I thought that it was worth our while because it taught us a lot about muscles. I learned that if you pull a bicep muscle, it will pull the arm into a flexing position. I didn't really think much of the experiment though. It wasn't really fun. Partially because I didn't do much in it. I just wrote stuff down!

The whole chicken thing to me was nasty. I hated the fat in the legs. We did the project because we were learning about the body. I really don’t think it was worth it because I have not eaten a chicken wing ever since. I know that frogs frogs are really gross compared to a chicken leg and I learned that you can flex the legs by pulling the muscle. I guess I don’t like chicken anymore.

I was not at school the day that my class disected the chicken wing. But my friends have told me what happened and they said that is was realy nasty. I would also think that it would be realy nasty too because I don’t like slimmy thingd and also things with blood.

Article posted April 12, 2012 at 02:08 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 35

I thought the dissection was pretty fun. I didn't really learn anything, and i seemed kind of pointless but I had fun so it didn't bother me. I found the muscle that moves the arm and played with it for awhile, then I tore it. My group wasn'y very happy about that. I thought it was fun. I can't wait to dissect a frog!

Article posted April 3, 2012 at 12:10 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

We dissected chicken wings because we are learning about the ligaments, muscles, and tendons in a body, so we took a look at those things in the wing. I thought it was very weird but cool to see all the different parts of a chicken wing. I did think it was worthwhile because I learned a lot from the dissection. I learned that if you pull a certain muscle the whole wing will move.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 04:49 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

We dissected the chicken wing so we could see ligaments, bone, muscle, and tendons. I think that I should have worn gloves because it was really cold and I couldn’t tell if it was slimy or just cold. Yes it was worthwhile because not only did we get to dissect something we also got hands on experience. I learn one really important thing, always be careful where you cut.

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 02:29 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

I really didn't like the chicken wing experiment because I'm kind of queasy. I almost throw up once we broke the bone and it started bleeding. I couldn't go on I felt like a wimp because I had 2 girls in my group and they didn't even look disgusted. I think it was worthwhile because I learned that if you break a chicken bone I get queasy. I learned a lot about the muscles and tendons. Also I learned about the skin and blood stream's.

Article posted April 5, 2012 at 11:12 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 32

We disected chicken wings to study how muscles, tendons, and ligaments work. We saw what each did; and what muscle moved what. I think it was worth it. I learned that what you eat is the muscle. I liked it because we got to dissect something. We dissected chicken wings to see how it's components work.

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 09:43 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

I thought dissecting a chicken wing was fun! I liked how we got to do it hands on and not just watching someone do it. It wasn’t really that worth while because we could just go to King Soopers and buy some chicken wings and do it at home. I learned that when you break a bone blood comes rushing out of the bone. To me I thought this was fun!

I think that dissecting the chicken wing was both interesting and gross at the same time. In my group, I was Mainly the one doing all of the cutting and slicing, while Bradley used the tweezers to pull open the cuts that I made, and to remove the skin. At one point, we cut into the wrong place, and it started bleeding all over. That is how the chicken wing dissection lab whent for my group and I.

Article posted April 7, 2012 at 05:55 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

When we dissected chicken wings, I found that chickens are lot muscular than I thought they were. The skin was also really difficult to remove from the wing. So I pretty much peeled it off. Some parts of the dissection were kind of gross. Especially when the fat got sticky. The dissection wasn't as gross as I thought it would be. (thankfully)  In fact, it was pretty interesting.

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 01:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

The dissecting of the chicken wings was really disgusting! It was not fun because I was worrying about salmonella the whole time! I dont think it was worth while at all because there wasn't much to it and we could have done something like a video. Although it was horrible, I did learn many things such as the fact that the chicken fat was yellow and the chicken tissues were white.

We were dissecting chicken wings to learn about how things work, like tendons and ligaments. A chicken wing is like us, some of the things work the same way. I thought at first it seemed a little gross but then after I started that wasn’t so bad. It was cool that you could make the chicken wing move by pulling one part of it. I think it was worthwhile. You can actually see what you are learning in books in a dissection. I learned a lot in this experiment starting with how each system works. I had a lot of fun!

Article posted April 6, 2012 at 01:24 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

During science when we dissected chciken wings it was strange. I have never seen so many people freak out over something that we eat and is raw. Overall, I think that this was a great learning experience. While doing this, we physically got to see what the bones, ligiments, joints, tissue, and skin acually looked like on a living organism. Therefore, I think this dissection was very worth our time. We got to play around with something we normally don't play with and learned something we don't get to learn. Overall, I feel this lab was really fun.

That truly is the first thing I disected that was in good state. We have disected owl barf, gutted, cleaned fish with scales, and a plant. I found all of that pointless. With the chicken wing, though, you could see fat, muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones, and cartilage. It was awesome. The only thing i think would have made it better is that if it still had arteries and veins. I really didn't learn anything. But i saw how every thing works in action, and that was the point of this experiment. But, at lunch i saw Alex eating a burrito whose filling suspiciously looked like the the raw chicken wing fat.

Article posted May 1, 2012 at 01:22 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

We dissected chicken wings to learn how mussels and ligaments worked together to move the wing. I thought that it was a good learning experience and I personally learned a lot. I didn’t think it was that disgusting because it’s the same thing that you eat for dinner, so it didn’t bother me at all.

Article posted April 5, 2012 at 03:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

The chicken wing dissection was a blast. I loved seeing all the interior detail and I felt like I learned a lot about the muscle and bone structures. I will definitely never forget this experience. (I’m not sure if that’s because of the blood-squirting once the bone broke or because of the learning…) 

Article posted May 5, 2012 at 02:48 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

I was on vacation the week that my class dissected the chicken wing. Although, I missed doing the wing, I did think that the frog was fun to dissect. It was really cool to see all of the inside things. If I had done this, I think I would have learned what interesting things were inside a chicken wing. The purpose in doing this was to learn how to dissect things. Also, we did this to show want they had in common with humans according to the wing and arm.

At first, I thought it would not be that bad but then I saw then SMELLED the chicken, that’s when I didn’t like it. In general, it was cool seeing and doing something different. I learned that muscles are connected and they can move without the brain telling it to if you push the right spot of the muscle. Overall I had fun with the experiment and I hope we do more like it.

I think the chicken wing dissection was very intresting and it was very educational. It was amazing looking at the inside of a chicken wing and pulling the little tendons to make the wing move. Although the wing was very slippery and gooey, it was still a fun experience... I never realized how similar a chicken wing is to a human arm... I learned that you can still move the wing of a chicken after its dead... after that lab, I don't think I'll eat chicken ever again...

Article posted April 9, 2012 at 03:10 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

I think the chicken wing lab was fun, but definitely gross. It was cool being able to see the chicken wing move and seeing how the wings worked. I was partnered with Ella and Ben and at one point Ella and I accidently cut into a vein or something because a little bit of blood spit out. Even with that it was still a fun and worth while project. I learned a lot about how muscles work together and it definitely helped to be seeing what we were learning in class.

It was fun to see the inside and how the leg actually works. Although it was gross and sad to cut up a chicken, it was fun because I learned a lot on how the leg works in chickens. It was worth while because I did learn a lot and was fun. One of the things that I learned most was how there are so many protective layers of skin even in chicken.

Article posted April 9, 2012 at 01:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

When I first heard that we would be dissecting chicken wings to see all of the different muscles and stuff, I thought it would be really fun. However, when I actually saw the wing, I almost threw up. That was gross! I will never know how chefs turn that gross glop of meat into an appetizing entree. The only thing I learned, was when I get married my husband will be doing all of the cooking for sure. There is no way I could ever do that again. Wish me luck with the frog!

We were playing with chicken wings to wrap up the muscular system. I thought the experiment was lots of fun and a little weird. I am positive that it was worthwhile. I learned that it is fun to play with ligaments and the colors of fat and muscle. The chicken wing was awesome.

I thought that the chicken wing experement was very fun and my favorite part was when we were disecting the wing and I got to see the muscle, and I cant wait to do the frog experement.

Article posted April 7, 2012 at 12:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

I was absent the day that we dissected the chicken wing. We dissected the wing to see the different parts and how they function. Honestly, I think it would be cool to see how the chicken wing works, even though I can’t stand the sight of blood! If I didn’t have to touch it I would be perfectly content. This experiment, I believe, was worth it. Even though I couldn’t be there, I think I missed out.

Article posted April 7, 2012 at 03:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

For this chicken wing dissection we did this to learn about their muscles and tendants. At first I thought this dissection would be disgusting and boring but it actually turned out to be really fun and weird. While doing this dissection I learned how to make the chicken wing flap it was really creepy. I also learned that there was a lot of fat and muscle on our chicken wing.

Article posted April 9, 2012 at 01:43 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

I didn't realy leran that much with the chicken wing dissection because it was king of hard to tell what something was because there were so many things inside the chicken wing. A diagram is a lot easier than a real chicken wing. It was also pretty cool to see how the chicken wing works. It was pretty fun.

I did not like to dissect the chicken wings. My team made me do all of the dissecting and it was really gross. I got blood on my gloved fingers and the wing smelled really bad. Even though I didn't like dissecting the chicken wing I'm exited to dissect a frog because I think it will be more fun and cooler than just a chicken wing. I mean I've handled chicken wings before when I was helping my mom cook. With the chicken wing people made a big deal about it then I started to make it a big deal, so I think that's what made it worse for me. This time though when we dissect a frog I won't let it get to me.

It's true, we have been playing around with some chicken! We were learning about muscles and bones. It was awesome! I loved it! My group didn't let me dissect it though. I was worth while, although my group didn't get to finsh. I learned many things about how our arm works and the parts of it.

We did this because we were learning about the human body. I think everybody was over reacting to the wing you touch it when we make chicken for dinner. I think that it was worthwhile. I learned what a probe is.

We "played" with the chicken wings to find out how muscles work. What I thought was that is was fun and gross at the same time. I think it was worthwhile. I think it was better than reading or watching a movie about muscles, because we got to experience it ourselves. I learned that muscles are connected to tendons and tendons are connected to the bone. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN=http://=http://=http://=http://!!!

When we dissected the chicken I was completely grossed out. I was so happy that I didn’t have to touch as much as I was expecting to. It got worse when we took off the skin and then I my group was pulling it and squishing the chicken wing. Then I saw blood, or something red and I was about to get up and leave. But I did learn that when you push on the muscle the chicken wing straightened out. I also learned that getting the skin off is very frustrating and hard. Sure it was worthwhile but I could have done without, just because I was so grossed out.

For me dissecting the wing was a nightmare. Learning about the human body and blood makes me feel sick and awkward. The reason why we dissected the chicken wings was because we were looking at muscles, tendons, and all of that gross stuff. The best part of the dissection was the way that if you pulled a certain muscle, the whole wing would move. To me, this experience was maybe worthwhile because of how interesting it was. However, I still felt sick during this. Also, I probably didn’t learn much except for what the things look like and how the wing moves. Finally, I heard that we will also be dissecting a frog this quarter. I do not exactly know when we will be dissecting the frogs, but it could be in late April or early May.

Article posted April 6, 2012 at 12:31 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

I think the dissection of the chicken wing was fun because I have never dissected anything besides a flower. It was worth while because you don't get to do that every day. I learned that it is hard to take the skin of the chicken wing. I also learned that fried chicken wings from Popeyes look and smell a lot better than the wings we dissected.

The recent chicken wing experiment was one of my favorite experiments ever. I have always liked to dissect things, and this time was no different. It was tough going at the very beginning trying to cut off the skin in order to be able to dissect inside. From there my group was able to find out all the muscles that were in the wing. The most fun part came next. On the very left of the wing there was a muscle that seemed pretty large. We found out that when you squeeze that muscle the whole wing will straighten out. It was incredible to see that muscles still work even when their host is dead. My group also found out that bone marrow has the consistency of styrofoam and when you eat a chicken wing, you are actually eating chicken muscle.

Article posted April 6, 2012 at 01:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

Well when we dissected the chicken wing it was so we could find things like the muscle, fat, cartilage, tendons, and ligaments. I didn’t like dissecting the chicken blood because I just thinks its gross on the inside of the body of something and one of my parts cut open a blood vessel and I don’t like the sight of blood but we did learn what all those things look like so that was worth while.

It was really weird when we dissected the chicken wing. We eat chicken wings all the time, but we never really take a really long look at it. It was really weird seeing how the muscles and ligaments and joints work. It is basically what goes on in your own body, but from a chicken wing. I'm glad we were able to do it because in a few weeks, we will be dissecting frogs, which would probably gross me out if it weren't for dissecting the chicken wing.

Article posted April 5, 2012 at 12:57 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

My experience with the chicken wing dissection was very fun. Except for the fact that I was grouped with two vegetarians. Well, they did all the paper work, so I guess I can’t complain. I learned how the chicken can move and that fat was actually rare on the chicken we dissected. All in all, it was a very educating experience.

We did! It was kinda gross. I thought I was sorta worth while, yet I was disgusted! This was the first time I have ever dissected anything, and it was.......ok. It definatly not my favorite part of science, bit I kind of look forward to more dissections!! Especially the frog! I learned that chickens only smell good when in the oven. I learned a little about tendons and muscles in the process. I look forward to more.

When we dissected the chicken wing it was kind of fun and difficult because when you tried to hold it, it slipped out of your hands. I learned that if you find one of the tendons you can control how it moves. It was worthwhile because I also learned that the bone marrow is reddish.

I'm Awesome.