Article posted May 18, 2012 at 01:48 AM GMT • comment • Reads 115

Throughout 7th grade I have had a great time! I really enjoyed my teachers. Mr. Howard, Mrs. Lubich, Mrs. Gagnon, Mrs. Kosters, and Mrs. Marr are awesome teachers that I have really enjoyed this year. The most successful thing in this year was that I learned life lessons I could use when I am older. . Even though all my goals at the beginning of the year were never met, I can build off of this. If I learned any life lesson from this school year, it would be to make consequences for your actions. By learning this it has helped me transform as a student. During the 7th grade I have had many memorable experiences. We have gone to Fox Run Park, International Towne, had many P.A.W parties, spirit weeks, dissected a frog and chicken wings, and did the Greek unit. Of all these experiences, I think Fox Run Park was the most enjoyable. I think this, because when we did this, we got to build the best team and meet new friends. This helped us learn, gain life skills, and have fun. Once doing all these fun activities, we had to reflect with blogging. Blogging was my least favorite part about 7th grade. In 8th grade, I really do not want to do blogging because it is really annoying. It is difficult because it does not work about 40 percent of the time for me and I either have to do it at school or another day. Another thing I would not want to see in 8th grade is poetry. Poetry is pointless because it is like singing but singing has a purpose. One thing I will want to keep in 8th grade is my awesome teachers that I had in 7th grade. Overall, as we live our lives the most important thing about life is keep moving forward just like how we are moving into the 8th grade. Thank you everyone for the wonderful school year. Have a great summer!

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 01:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

During the time of International Towne, I had a great time. I was the president of Egypt and worked really hard. The thing I learned most from this experience is that once you work hard, you feel good. I expressed this by working hard at my job then going on breaks and enjoying International Towne. While I was on my breaks I mostly spent my money to get food and objects to enjoy later. The country, Ukraine, had really good cookies. Those were some of the best cookies I have ever had. Also during my breaks, I would go to Mexico to have a nice slushee. This was really good because I love lemonade and the slushees just happened to be lemonade. While working, I learned the importance of running a business and being successful. This will help us in the future with multiple life skills. If I could change International Towne I would make it bigger. For some reason International Towne wasn't that big. Overall, I loved this experience to learn and have fun because I highly recremmend it to future 7th graders.

The World History fair experience has been fun. Without world history our world would have no back stories and a lot of mysteries would stay hidden. For example, once discovering the tomb of King Tutankhamun many mysteries were solved. During this project, I based my project on a guiding question. “How did the discovery of King Tutankhamun's tomb affect people throughout the world," was my guiding question for this project. As I said before, once the tomb was discovered we found out how he lived, died, and his history. By knowing this information, it affected many people throughout the world because we learned so much about him. I chose this topic because it was really interesting and I didn't know much about King Tutankhamun. Therefore, started doing research and I found out information to answer my guiding question. I found out that King Tutankhamun took throne at age 8. Before, he took throne; his father changed the religious status and moved the capital. This made many people mad. Since King Tutankhamun was only eight at the time we had advisors help him. They helped him move the capital back and change the religious status back. Later, when King Tutankhamun was 18 he died. For years we thought he died from being murdered. Once we discovered his tomb we discovered that he died from a broken infected leg. This changed how we thought about King Tutankhamun a bunch. The most interesting part about this topic is how he died and the mystery of his tomb.

Once examining other student's projects, I found out that this was a really fair. I mostly learned a bunch on Ancient Greek and Roman because most of the projects were on that topic. I also found out that that other project on King Tutankhamun were cool too. There were many facts that I didn't know about on my own topic. I found out that the Roman Collosseum was held together by wooden sticks. Also I learned that Julius Caesar was stabbed 23 times by his best friend. I think that Cameron's H. project was one of the coolest because it takes serious skill with Popsicle sticks that I do not have. Overall, this experience has been amazing and I enjoyed everyone’s project.

The book, Seedfolks is really interesting.  I think this book will be about multiple people who will be changed with planting. So far this book is about a communtiy that has some problems or there are some bad things that happen in this community. Once Kim starts wanting to start a garden in a dump, the community changes and is transformed into a nice community. I think this book's main idea is that even how bad something is, it can change. This ide changed this community. My favorite character in this book is Kim because she started this garden. This garden then starts a chain reaction changes the community. I really like Seedfolks because it was never really that intersting to me until I read the book, then I liked it.

Article posted April 21, 2012 at 01:28 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

So far during my project I am doing well. I have completed my research and am starting on my museum display and are almost done. With this I will I will finish early and have some time to myself. This project is really fun because you get to learn alot about the stuff your intersted in.

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 01:06 AM GMT • comment • Reads 63

All throughout 7th grade we have had a great time. We went to Fox Run Park and had a great time. I know that all these fun times are over but there are much to come. This includes, International Towne, The World History Fair, and the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! I can not wait till summer eben though the fun times we had in 7th grade. Although these fun times, it's time to go in 8th grade.

Article posted April 6, 2012 at 01:24 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

During science when we dissected chciken wings it was strange. I have never seen so many people freak out over something that we eat and is raw. Overall, I think that this was a great learning experience. While doing this, we physically got to see what the bones, ligiments, joints, tissue, and skin acually looked like on a living organism. Therefore, I think this dissection was very worth our time. We got to play around with something we normally don't play with and learned something we don't get to learn. Overall, I feel this lab was really fun.

Article posted March 23, 2012 at 02:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

I am a picture book

Remembering every scene like a picture

I am a tree

Losing friends and gaining them back

I am a rabbit

Fast and quick

I am an ocean’s wave

Going away and coming back

I am a piece of paper

Being thrown away and then needed again

I am an onion

Having layers of curiosity that never stop

I am a cup of coffee

I may be strong and nasty or I could be sweet

I am a textbook

Knowing some things but not everything

I am myself

Always trying my hardest

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 03:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

This blog was difficult for me because I wasn't in class due to T.C.A.P makeups. In addition, I couldn't get the videos to load. After doing research, I discovered that it was really hard to be Africian American during this time. I would like to think if I was alive during that time, I would stick up for myself if someone was excluding me. However, the discrimination was too strong, so I probably wouldn't have. The reason why was because there were no laws to protect African Americans. Times have changed but there is still a lot of discrimination that takes place in today's world. Laws now protect people against discrimination but it still happens at work and school. Racism is a type of discrimination that occurs everywhere. Racist jokes are an example of discrimination that can go to far and hurt others feelings. Whether, its discriminating someone because of their age, gender, physical disability, race, color, religion, ethnic background, or hair color it is all wrong and we need to stand up and fight.