Article posted May 8, 2012 at 12:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 492

My guiding question: How do sumo wrestlers get so big?

Sumo wrestlers get so big because they eat a soup that contains 1200 calories a serving. After the meal they all take a nap to let the calories sit in their body’s.

Well Brandon was next to me an he talked to me about his and at first I did not think that ninjas wore even true. Then he told me that ninjas were ment to be body guards in stead of the ones we have here.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 09:49 AM GMT • comment • Reads 68

What tools did the Huns use for warfare? The Huns used their horses to fight countries in any time of the year and fast transportation. The most interesting part of the whole project is their strategy. The Huns are capable of shooting arrows accurately on horseback. They also try to get the enemy out in the open to defeat them. I wish that I've look at the other projects but I was able to visit for only five minutes. I heard of ancient telescope poster; I saw a student wearing a toga; and that’s pretty much it. I can't wait for next year so I can look at the World History Fair projects again.

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 03:56 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

I was very impressed with the poster boards and 3D displays! The (WHF) influenced my life by, if you take things step by step and plan ahead you will be successful in life. I found out a lot of new interesting facts of: gods, athletes, cultures and functions of old fashion thing! The most interesting thing was how much people knew about their subject, they could make a movie about it, that’s how much they knew! Great job 7th grade!

Guiding Question: How did Ancient Ghana get so rich and then taken over a 800 year period?

My guiding question is "What was the significance of the Greek Column?" My topic created change because during the time it was the sturdiest support structure. Without the column most old buildings would not be around today and there would not be big buildings and architecture wouldn’t have a skeleton. It would be materials piled up with a wooden support beam in every room. I found out a lot of interesting facts, but my favorite was that the start of columns used to be cut down trees that were de-branched. My final project is coming along okay. It will help me by displaying the information under four main topics. My project will help answer what the significance of the Greek Column by describing Doric, Ionic and Corinthian columns.

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 06:53 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 47

My subject influences our lives because today it is used as a symbol or decoration on buildings or in logos it is also used as a structural support by adding metal. My guiding question was "What is the signigficance of the Greek column?" The answer to my question was that in the past it was used for structural support but now it is mainly used for decoration unless modified. I learned the origin of each column ,the amount of flutes and what it was used for in ancient times.

When it was our turn to look around I learned that ninjas used silent weapons like throwing stars to take out enemies silently and from a distance. I also learned that the aquaduct is a very efficient way to deliver water from one place to another. In conclusion I learned a lot from other peoples display boards and from them telling us facts about their topic.

Wow I won’t lie at first I was kind of scared at how I would do and what people would think of my project if they would like it or not but after the world history fair I found out that it wasn’t that scary. My guiding question was "why did Medusa have snakes for hair"? I found out that Medusa had snakes for hair because before she was a monster she had beautiful and perfect hair. So Athena made it were her hair was terrifying. I think the most important part for me was seeing what comments I got from people. I learned for looking at other people's work was that wow they did really good and they really worked hard on their project. They took a lot of time on theirs just like I did and same with other people. I really liked looking around at other people's projects they were very interesting GOOD JOB everyone.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 01:25 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

My Guiding question was “What did Ancient Greek houses consist of?” That influenced our like today on what we have in our houses and the different rooms. I learned and the most interesting thing to me was that the courtyard was a big thing for the family and where the family spends most of their time and the different rooms in the house.

I learned a lot in our time to look at the different projects. Such as gladiator weapons Julius Caser, King Tut, mummies, and many other projects. Some things I learned was Julius Caser was stabbed 23 times. But all the other projects were really cool.

What Weapons and Armor did the Ancient Romans use in The Battle of Ziles?

I really enjoyed this project. I learned alot about the Ancient Romans that I didn't know. The Ancient Romans would always try to better themselves when it came to battles. They would always look at what tactics the enemy was using and put them to use with their own tactics during the next battle. They also looked at the different weapons and armor their enemy used and tried to come up with new weapons and armor using their stuff and the enemies together.

Something I thought was interesting was that Julius Ceasar said Veni, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered). People still use that today as a saying when they have accomplished something. I also learned that Julius Ceasar lead the Roman soldiers to victory in The Battle of Ziles.

Ancient Roman weapons and armor are still used today in a way. For instance, body armor, the police use bullet proof vests. That is a type of body armor. Another one is helmets for football or the swat team, helmets in ancient roman battles were used to protect your head. Same concept with football or the swat team.

As for other 7th grade projects...... I learned that Zeus and Poseidon were actually brothers. They were both gods, Zeus was the king of the gods and Poseidon was the god of the sea.

I have to say this was one of my favorite assignments all year. I really put my mind to it and came out with a great project.

I was really impressed with the things people did too. I think the World History Fair influences our lives today because we learn a lot about things we didn't know about. My guiding question was, "How did the Romans live in the ancient times?" I learned that the Romans lived very differently in the ancient times then now. Romans wore either tunics or togas depending on who they were and they lived in small or spacious houses.

I was very impresses with the other 7th graders. Some people dressed up, and some people were really creative. I learned a lot just by looking at their 3D projects. I learned about Medusa and how she was beautiful at first, I also learned what the Egyptians and Romans wore. I think everybody did a great job.

My guiding question is:

"How has paper cutting affected Chinese culture?"

Well, paper cutting has affected Chinese culture in many ways and because of the people it was done by, when it was done, the technique used for the art, and where it showed up. I have learned so much from this experience and had a blast doing it. The most interesting part of this whole project was getting to learn everything about paper cutting that I did.

I also had a blat looking at everyone else’s project and hearing about what they learned. Some people had some really cool displays. Having the chance to walk around and see everyone’s project was great but gave me a harder choice. I couldn't pick my favorite one. So good job everybody!! :D

World history has a lot to do with present day. If it weren't for history, we couldn't know what to do next. Because of history, there are advancements and mistakes. Both of which help us. If it weren't for the mistakes that were made, there are a lot of mistakes that could be repeated. If it weren't for the advancements (that we now call basic inventions) that were made, we wouldn't have a solid foundation of engineering. As a result, new inventions would not be as great. As I researched my topic, Hunnic warfare, I found that the Huns contributed to some modern day inventions. The spur, for example, was thought to be first used by the Huns. Also, the soldiers were all bowmen. This could have contributed to the rise of projectile weaponry and the fall of melee weapons.

I found that learning about other people's topics was almost as fun about learning about my topic. I didn't really learn much, but there are some facts that I picked up. For example, I learned that there are many types of gladiators that use different weapons. I also learned that the plague originated in rats and fleas.

We comtinue to study world history because humans are fascinated about our origins. Everything is the result of something in the past, so we have reason to know. For example, modern american government is based significantly on the Roman republic. My guiding question pertains to Rome: "How did the Punic Wars shape the distribution of power in the Mediterranean?" I learned that because Rome won the wars, we can still see Roman architecture today. Nothing, however, remains of its adversary, Carthage. We continue to study our history because we would go nowhere if we were unaware of our past.

The World History Fair was a huge display of information. I learned that aqueducts actually have a very shallow slope and that human loss was much less significant in the ancient era. I could tell that many hours went into these projects, and I was happy with the result.

World History influences our lives today by guiding us through the future. If we don't learn from our mistakes from the past we will make the same mistake in the future. My question was: What was the purpose of assassins? I found out that these assassins found that killing someone would make people panic and do something in the favor of these assassins. I think the most interesting part of this project was finding out how these assassins think and leaning from their mistakes.

One project my friend did was on ninjas. I learned that most ninjas aren't really assassins. They are just very skilled distractions. They also had a variety of weapons that they used and they would specialize in that certain weapon.

World History influences our lives today because their experiences show us what works well and what doesn't and so we know what the best option is form their experiences. My guiding question was how does the Sun Temple compare and contrast to other temples? I found out a lot about the arts and the structure of the temple. The most interesting part of the temple was that there is a palm-leaf manuscript that describes in detail the building operations of the temple.

I definitely learned a lot during the 30 minutes we had to explore, I learned a lot about a lot of cultures and I saw a lot of boards on Rome and Julius Caesar and I learned about writing, Japanese kimonos, food, and soooo much more!!

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 03:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

Guiding question: Why were the egyptain pyramids built.

At first I thought they were just made to protect the pharaoh, but the were much more than that. First of all, they were made to help please the sun god. Also, they hold the queens chamber inside, but nobody really knows if she's in there because it's so sealed off from the public.

Ashlee did her project on Athena. I learned a whole bunch from her project. Athena is the god of intelligence. She was born from Zues' head, so she got all of his brain.

World history is very important to people. For some it is an interesting topic. Others think it is just something to learn about. World history can help later on in life. What if you never learned about your culture or heritage? What if you didn't know what customs you had to follow? What if you didn't anything about the past? Even history that didn't affect the world is important. You learn how to handle situations better then you did before. You learn how to overcome your fears. I learned not to brag because maybe I just might get snakes for hair like Medusa. I also learned to not use (for girls) beauty as a charm or I might just be able to turn people into stone like Medusa. The most interesting part to me is how much I learned about history and lessons I could use later on in life.

The other seventh graders had some really nice projects. I learned quite a bit. I learned that the Trojan War was over a woman (Haha silly men). I also learned about ancient arcitechture (very interesting displays). Also I learned about a lot of ancient, important people. That was a fun day I am glad we had it.

The World History Fair was pretty boring. I basically stood around and people watched. No one really asked me any questions about mine, but just looked at it. When I looked around at my pier's projects, they were really interesting. One thing I saw is that some people went all out with their projects. Those ones were really cool. I liked how people used different materials to make their projects also. That is my overview of The World History Fair.

My guiding question is how did the goddess Athena influence ancient Greece's culture. Athena was a very important goddess to Greeks. She influenced practices back in ancient times, and still today. She brought up the art of weaving, warcraft, and a lot of knowledge. Without this goddess life would be harder today because we wouldn't have any weapons, clothing, or much of our knowledge.

This year the projects at the world history fair were really good. From looking at other students projects, I learned a lot of information. I learned about the different Greek Gods, the pyrimids, China, and Marco Polo. The most interesting project was Andrew T's display of Zeus. He had a bright light shining down on his board, and it looked like he did a lot of research. This diplay really stood out to me. But in the end, the world history fair was a good experience for me.

History played a big part of who we are today, they created things and did things that we have changed or improved. My guiding question was,”How did King Tut impact us today?” Researching about King Tut didn’t tell me a lot about what he did, it seemed as if he didn’t impact us with his actions but just by finding his tomb in almost perfect condition made him important.

I learned what other people did and made that had gotten us certain things today. When I went around looking it was interesting to look what their 3-D or 2-D object was. One girl made a bridge out of Styrofoam and it was really cool, and then also one girl made a paper machete building. One girl also explained what the Romans (I think it was) ate. What foods they didn’t know of at the time and how they made it.

ok, so here are my flashcards.

and i wantes to see if this post would work, so if it does then enjoy the song and thanks to http://randomrequest.weebly.com/ if it does work. if not, then thanks anyways! XD ( new to stuff like this with blogs!) BTWm this song is called Man Who Can't Be Moved by The Script and it's one of my fave songs by them.

Ok, I will be honest. I didn’t’ ask questions on people’s projects, which probably damaged the purpose of the History Fair for me. but I got nervous to even ask people a single thing about their topic! ( which is probably why the whole “ antisocial” thing is a problem for me.) and I can tell you one thing though, I learned a lot about my topic. Why was the Great Wall of China built? Because it was mostly to keep out Mongolian warriors that wanted to invade china and expand territory. Later on, however, after the war between the Mongolians had calmed down more, the wall soon became a road used for trading, of which is now known and the Silk Road. It is still the safe guard for the Silk Road, but it is now a major tourist attraction. And I learned that history does have an impact because of the fact that, if no one had come up with these things or even done all these things in the past, we wouldn’t be where we are today!

And as for what I learned from people’s boards, not a whole lot because I had scanned many of them and didn’t ask questions because I was nervous to. Well, I did learn a few things about what people had done and learned some interesting things…. But nothing really comes to mind of me learning much of anything from the other students boards. I barely looked at boards and pretty much did nothing but walk around and move my legs. I did learn the symbol for dragon in Chinese, and saw some interesting things about Greece, but learned nothing. Guess I’m going to have to improve on that.

As all of you know the world history fair was yesterday. I am not trying to sound selfish or anything but I think I did ABSOUTLTEY AMAZING. With my five story 31-inch tall pagoda. I was asked to have my project in the downstairs red hall case for Japan. SO I am very happy

Well, I learned many facts about Japanese architecture. First of all my guiding question was: How does architecture affect way of life? I learned that most of the buildings during the time I chose (somewhere around 510-794 A.D.) were built to gratify Buddha. The Japanese God.

There were some very good displays in the world history fair. And there were some not so good ones. I mean seriously people this is a huge project work hard on it... But there were some people who went above and beyond... The most interesting thing that I learned there was that during the black plague doctors would put herbs in their masks to clean the air. Over all I think the world history fair was a fun experience.

Article posted May 13, 2012 at 05:12 AM GMT • comment • Reads 218

The most interesting part for me was learning more about Poseidon; about his life, where he was born, how he became god of the sea, etc. I found out that Poseidon was given the trident by his uncle, the original Cyclopes.

One of my favorite subjects in the world is Greek mythology, but other mythology does interest me, as well.

During the World History Fair there were approximately 10 tables with something about mythology. Most of them were Greek mythology, only one was Egyptian. I learned that the original Egyptian god of the dead was Osiris and his nephew took over. It was cool because I did not know much about Egyptian mythology and I liked learning about one of their gods.

World history influences our lives by carving a path for our future. My guiding question was "How did Cleopatra live the last years of her life?" I learned that she was the last female Egyptian Pharaoh. The most interesting part for me was decorating my board. I found out that Cleopatra lived a more complicated life than I had originally thought before my research.

I learned about Greek culture, Japanese culture and a great deal of info about other places around the world. I thought it was really cool how some people brought food. I learned what type of food different places had.

World history infuences our lives in many ways. If the past had not been like it was, our lives would be different. Our futures are impacted by all our decisions and the way we choose to live in the present. It is the same with world history. Who knew that a battle in ancient times could affect a country's boundaries today? I think it is cool that the techniques that were developed in ancient times, such as irrigation, are still used today. My guiding question was "How did Japanese culture affect Japanese literature?" I learned that a lot of the literature from ancient Japan described the world and the things that the author was surrounded by. I find it cool that when the culture of Japan changed, so did the literature. Even the type of literature that was being written was affected by the culture of Japan. Many types of literature was created because writers were adapting to the culture. 

During the world history fair, I learned a lot. When we had the thirty minutes to explore, I felt like I was traveling the world. I learned about oragami, and why the Hanging Gardens of Babalon were so important. I also learned about Greek religion. The Greek people used to decorate their temples elaborately because they wanted the gods to be happy. In addition, I learned about the lock system that Leonardo da Vinci created. I gained a lot of knowledge during the whole process of completing this project.

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 12:43 AM GMT • comment • Reads 64

World history influenced life our lives today in many ways .my guiding question was how did Ramses II effect life in ancient Egypt. I learned a lot like Ramses II saved Egypt from being taken over three times. He also built many great buildings in Egypt. The most interesting part for me was when I was doing research because I found out all the different facts.

I learned many other things from other projects but all I really did was looked around. There were many other cool things like one kid built an ancient Greece catapult. Another built a bow and arrow. Another built a gladiator shield. There were many cool projects and I enjoyed looking and learning about them all.

Guiding Question: Why is the Japanese kimono as it is today?

I learned many things when researching this topic. First of all, I learned that the kimono started out as a simple top and trousers or a dress. The word “kimono” literally means clothing in Japanese characters. Later in the Heian period, a new method called straight-line-cut method developed. This method made the kimono look like a kosode kimono does today. In the Edo period, many different types and designs of making the kimono were developed. That’s why the kimono is as it is today.

I also learned many things from walking around the World History Fair. I learned that the Indian temple was shaped like a chariot. I learned that there were actually many different types of clothing you wore in Ancient Rome. I also learned about the different types of food Ancient Greek people ate.

World history has influenced our lives today in so any ways. With all of the Greek gods and goddess’ they help make the earth a better place and also with all of the different cultures around this planet. The goddess I chose was Aphrodite and she affected the Greek culture our lives today because without her we most likely would not have all of the plants growing all around the earth because every where she went or she stood, plants grew all around her. I have learned lots of things about how Aphrodite affected the earth to make it be the way it is today and it was also the most interesting thing for me. She helped the plants grow and she brought love all throughout the city of Greece. This was interesting to me because she I thought that she was only known for bringing love and beauty around, but I found out that she was much more than that and she contributed so much to influence our lives today in a different way. World history has influenced our lives lot and it will continue to.

I didn’t have a lot of time to go around and see everyone’s project, but from what I saw I there were many things about the different temples, food, and the different people. The food at the fair was all very new and good to me. It was fun trying all of the food from way back in the day. There weren’t lots of temples/buildings, but some of them were interesting to look at and learn about. I saw a few buildings that were well built for a 3D project and they were really cool! Also, the different people were the most common projects because I saw lots of people with things like masks, symbols of the person, and a few other things I can’t quite remember. One thing I remember was that a few people did a mask of King Tut and all of them looked alike, but they were different in many ways, too. This whole fair turned out so much better than what I expected it to be like. I am glad that everyone looked happy and proud of the work they put in into their project.

World history influences our lives today by helping us advance in technologies and help us know how much we've grown as a world. My guiding question: How did Genghis Khan affect ancient China in battle? I learned how smart Genghis Khan and the Mongols were. The most interesting part for me was how Genghis Khan outsmarted all of his enemies with strategies that no one else would think of.

The thing I learned from another seventh grader was cool. I learned about how the Romans used a different kind of catapult that looked like a crossbow. He said that the Romans noticed other catapults and got their idea from that. I had never seen anything like it!

Guiding Question- What kind of weapons and armor did gladiators use and how did it effect Ancient Rome?

I learned that gladiatorss get a sword or other hand held weapon and a shield, either for thrusting or raw protection, and net fighters got a trident and a net. Seems unfair to me but thats how it was in Ancient Rome in that time period. I also learned that the net fighters were usually either slaves or prisoners trying to gain their freedom by making a miracle come true.

From other peoples projects I learned that in the Ancient Roman army, they used a catapult to fire large or small boulders a far distance to crush enemies and destroy large buildings needed to break down so they could get past. A nother thing I learned is that Sumo wrestlers were a big part in china's history. Surprising right?!? The last thing that I learned was that Gladiators had the strongest army of their time. they conquered many Empires and expanded greatly. Those are some of the things that I learned at the World History Fair.

Article posted May 3, 2012 at 02:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 88

I learned many things about the Roman Legions. My guiding question was how did the Roman Legions affect the rise and fall of the Roman Empire. I chose this topic because it covered the start and end of in my opinion, one of the greatest empires in history. I found out that their most important role was a military role. The Legions were a key to expanding the Empire. Without their military force it would not have been possible. As they grew, they were able to defeat and conquer bigger nations and expand into a bigger and stronger empire

I learned a lot from walking around the gym. I learned things like Genghis Khan to Julius ceasur. there were a lot of cool displays like a stone hedge and huge catapult like things. there were also smaller catapults that launched paper. I found out a lot also like things about gladiators and other stuff.

I think that world history fair influences our lives because it sort of shapes who we are and who we become. We learn a lot from other cultures and we sort of take what they are good at and we apply it to our everyday lives and maybe sometimes we even inspire others to do the same. I learned a lot of things about my topic which was Chinese food and I also learned a lot about Chinese dining and the Chinese people's strange customs like they don't drink anything during meals because they drink tea during most of the day and the only liquid they do have during meals is something like soup or stew.

The world history fair was a great leaning opportunity. I learned about a lot of things but I liked learning about the trojan horse and the plan behind the horse and why they started the Trojan war shich was ostarted because of a stupid girl that decided to run away with another prince. I also really liked looking at other people's musem displays. My guiding queston was how did ancient Chinese inspire today's modern food? I learned that it was mostly just tradition and people passing down things that had been passed down to them for years. I also learned that rice was the first grain farmed in China. I had a lot of fun with this project and I hope I do something like this next year

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 01:54 AM GMT • comment • Reads 87

One thing I was surprised about was how so many people did the Leaning Tower of Pisa. It I remember correctly we were only supposed to do things we learned or were going to learn about. Well, Pisa is not in Rome and we only learned about Rome. This could also have been just our team but that confused me. Besides that everyone’s projects were marvelous. Some more than others and you could really tell when someone did it the night before.

World history influences our lives today by trial and error. When we make a mistake we try not to make it again and sometimes it’s exactly the opposite when we do something good we try to do it over and over again. Something I learned from my project that I never knew before was that the Pantheon is still used today. The most interesting part for me was the research. I loved finding out new things.

World history influences our live today in just about every way possible. This is because all of the actions and consequences of people and civilizations resulted in our technology, culture, government, laws, and so many more things that we don’t think about. My guiding question was, "How were aqueducts effectively made and used in ancient Rome?" and I learned a lot more about the construction than the use. The most interesting part was some of the facts that I learned. One of those facts was that the aqueducts were built so they dropped 2-3 feet per mile of distance traveled.

I did learn a couple of cool things from other people’s projects. I learned from Isaac that Cӕsar was pronounced Kaiser, like the German leader. I learned that Romans used siege towers; I thought that was just other civilizations. From one project I learned that the Incans created bows that could shoot am mile (I think). I learned from Alec that the Romans used war elephants to win one of the Punic Wars. I did learn a lot of other cool stuff, but these were the most interesting ones.

World History impacts our world today because of a few different reasons. Things like Gladiators impact us because of the media. Little kids run around with fake swords and pretend to be Gladiators, and multiple books and movies have been made as well. My guiding question, "Roman Gladiators, Life or Entertainment?" brings forth history because of the thoughts it provokes. I enjoyed the World History Fair, it was a little short though. I felt like I did a lot of work for a short fair.

The most entertaining part about the fair was looking at all of the projects. It was evident which students put lots of time and effort into their projects, and who didn't. One project was on a table with a cloth and had a display light attached to it. I actually learned a lot about the topic because the student used relevant information. I also noticed that a lot of kids put more effort into their display board then they did their 3-D display.

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 01:41 AM GMT • comment • Reads 72

The world history influences lives because whatever you did research on, it will stay in our brain. My guiding question was: What was King Tut's life like? His life was ery strange; one wierd thing was that he married his sister.

I learned a lot from other people's boards. A cool thing I learned from a friend's board was Cleopatra was a goddess/queen.

World history can influence our lives through simple history fairs like the one we did, because it gives people a chance to learn about geography, culture, different ethnicities, and more. We find out about a bunch of stuff we never knew we would be interested in, in a cool, neat way by seeing visual aides and attractive poster boards that catch our eye so we can learn something new without being bored to death through a lecture. My guiding question is: "Was Cleopatra more of an Egyptian or Greek monarch?" I learned that she was born in the winter of 69 BCE (specifically with the 'E') and her siblings are as follows, from oldest to youngest: Berenice, Cleopatra Trypheona, Cleopatra VII (who I did my project on), Ptolemy XIII, Arsinoe, and Ptolemy XIV. Her father (Ptolemy XII A.K.A. Alutes, died when she was eighteen and she married her brother, Ptolemy XIII. The most interesting part for  me was how she died. A servant smuggled in a basket of figs with an asp in the bottom and when no one but her closest maids were around, she lifted it to her bare breast and it bit her. She died several minutes later, as did her handmaidens, for they had been accidently bitten as well.

I only vaguely remember what I learned from the World History Fair, because I only looked briefly in the time we had, but from what I could see, it was believed that there was a curse over King Tut's tomb, Ancient Egypt mummies were literally gutted like the frogs we dissected in Science (though MUCH more gently; they didn't have their heads cut off afterwards), and I even learned some new things about Cleopatra VII, even though I did my project on her, though I can't quite remember...

World History is important now days, because it shows us history and the past and how technology has improved. In the world history fair mu guiding question was "Why was Cleopatra's Life Important?" I learned that it was because if we didn’t know about Cleopatra then some of Egypt would still be a mystery. The most interesting part about learning about Cleopatra was the probably her love life. It was weird to me that she married her younger brother who was about 10 years younger than her.

When it was my turn to go and look at other peer's projects I saw so many interesting things. I saw one specifically that stood out to me which was Ancient China. The student made a temple made out of sticks and it looked amazing.

My guiding question was: Why was Ramses II such an important person? I learned that he was important because for one he was a pharaoh and that means he ruled over Egypt. Another thing is he made some very important decisions that impacted Egypt and he won some very important wars. He also made a peace treaty with another part of Egypt. I also found out that he was married to a lot of women and had lots of children.

Something I learned from other people’s projects is that some people put A LOT of work into something that wasn’t even seen very much and was only put up for an hour and a half. Some people who were very artistic or creative had very good 2D or 3D displays.

My guiding question is: Why is Japanese calligraphy so significant?

World history influences our world by so much. World history is basically news from the ancient times into our time period. We wouldn't know that China first invented the abacus, the calculater. Which then, later people from around the world made into a self working calculater. I learned that Japanese calligraphy all started of in China.

All the 7th grade projects were amazing. It was very fun to go around the gym and look at all the 7th graders project. From one student I learned that Cleopatra was once together or in love with Julius Caesar.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 02:55 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

World history effects us today because it is important to the country and nation to see what amazing things makes up our amazing world! The most interesting part about my project was how smart and clever Greeks and people in general were way back then. I guess they didnt wast brain cells on tv so that probably made them smarter. What also impressed me was how fast they built, revised, and did their plan. If I was incharge of that plan it would take me ages to even come up with a name for the plan let alone the plan in itself in under 3 weeks.

In other peoples projects I got jealous because they were so good!! Most everyone worked so hard and I learned so much from everyones projects! Some things I learned from other peoples projects were thataquaducts were very important in the ancient times and that most important ancient buildings were ofter built over and over again because they were so old. I learned to much to fit in just one blog!! The World History Fair was super fun!

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 02:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

The world history fair wasn't so bad. World history influences our lives today because it informs us of how people solved problems and tells of different cultutes. My guiding question was "How did Julius Caesar earn respect?" I learned that he did a lot more than just win many battles. He also was a very liked politician.

I learned some new things by looking at other people's displays. I learned that gladiators were mostly slaves and that you could make a gladiator helmet out of a hockey helmet. Something interesting I learned was that in colosseums, they would fill it up with water and have battles on boats in the water. This told me that Romans had some amazing architecture and irregation.

World history effects our lives today by letting us learn about other things in the world besides our basics.. My guiding question was "How does Japanese calligraphy impact the world?" I learned that Japanese calligraphy was originally from China. Then, it came to Japan in a different way. This was a very interesting project though. My trifold came out really well. I had a person draw on my board with something, so that was great. Other than that it was a great experience to have.

I learned how to write some Japanese calligraphy too. You have to do each and every line correctly in order. It was kind of tricky but it was easy.

My guiding question is how the Sistine chapel came to be. World history influences us today by teaching us about what the people did before us and maybe we can learn from that and do that today to make the world a better place. I learned when Michelangelo painted the Sistine and when it was restored.

I looked at my friends project about how women did their hair in the old times. She made a head and put her hair like they would back then. And she told me that it took them 1 hour to do their hair back then like we sometimes do today.

.

World History influences us today because we have used some old technology as a base for making more advanced technology. We have also learned about what life was like hundreds of years ago through world history. My guiding question was 'How has the Great Wall of China stood the test of time?' I've learned that it took hundreds of years to build the Great Wall and, during seperate time periods, years to repair it. What I found interesting about this was that the Great Wall CAN NOT be seen from the moon.(At this point I REALLY hope you've figured out that my project was about the Great Wall)

I didn't really learn anything from the world history fair. I was basicly walking around looking at visual aids, which brings in the part of what was really interesting to me. The projects that I liked the most were the ones that were really big and worked

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 01:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 73

Our lives are influenced by the world history fair because of all the things we learn about the old days could influence where we work in the future. We also get influenced by the world history fair because we know what to do in the future with big projects or quizes. We also can take home our knowledge and spread it to other people who then in turn spread it to another and so fourth. My guiding question was Why Were Gladiators Invented? I learned that gladiators were not only invented to punish some people but for enterainment purposes too. I also found out that gladiators fought other things than one another they also fought animals like lions and bears. The most interesting part for me was watching all the other display boards exspecialy the 3d projects because they were a blast for a lot of people.

The most interesting things were some of the catapolts and the sheilds because both were really big and cool looking. I didn’t really learn anything but I found out what people were doing from their 3d projects and a couple of senteces. Oh yeah John Brodrim told me where he got the material for his sheild that he made. I also got to know what a carmel pyrimd tastes like. I also learned don’t put hot glue on sugar cubes because of Ben Reiling. Oh and I learned that Gahhna transported salt and gold that’s how it became rich (Brock).

History has changed the world because certain events played out in such ways that people saw the need to change it. My guiding question was: How did Alexander the Great's battle tactics change the world? Alexander changed the known world by unifying it for a brief period. I learned that many of Alexander's tactics were created by his father, while Alexander put them into action.

There were many cool projects. One thing I learned is that Roman Maniples had the poor soldiers in front so they would die and the rich soldiers in the back to become richer. I also learned that people will only present to teachers and parents. There were pretty cool projects that looked great.

World history influences us today because we would never know how to do the things that we have done today. What are the dimensions of the Great Wall of China? (That is my guiding question)The Great Wall of China was 5,500 miles long, 35 feet high and 16 feet wide. The wall helped protect its country and people. I like when we got to present our projects in front of people.

I learned that Athena was Zeus’s daughter, and got to here the whole story of how she was born. I think Ashlee Workman’s project was really creative and awesome. I also liked Allie’s caramel pyramid. It was really creative. Just looking at Jordyn’s project I knew that Aphrodite was the goddess of love. All the projects were really cool, and I can see everyone put a lot of work into their project.

World history effects our modern lives, because it influences the new ideas for inventions. I learned that gladiators were a much bigger part of Roman history than I originally thought. The most interesting part for me was that there were so many different types of gladiators. I found out that gladiators were not normal people for the most part, the were slaves criminals and captives of war.

I learned from Evan that the stone hedge was much bigger than I thought. Reed had a very cool model of a catapult that he let me fire. He told me that there were more than 10 different kinds of catapults, of mideval war machines. I had a very good time at the world history fair.

History is important to us today because there is so much valuable information that we can use. Such as how people dressed back in the day or how a normal lifestyle was for a person like Julius Caesar. My guiding question was: Why did Julius Caesar want to become a dictator? The answer is a guess. Julius Caesar most probably wanted to become a dictator because of his father, who was a Roman soldier I believe. He probably looked to him and wanted to be as good as him someday! I learned that Julius Caesar was stabbed 23 times by his best friend. The most interesting part of all of this was presenting to the people at the world history fair because it made me feel smart! I found out that research is not always easy and that it takes time and patience!

I looked at Jazmine's project and she told me about Ancient Greek architecture and how they lived and what they did in those houses. She also showed me the working are for the men which was very interisting and she had made a little clay hammer!! It was awesome!

For my project my guiding question was: Why was the building of the temple of Artemis important to the Greeks. The most interesting part about the temple was that it was a wonder of the world. Also it was so important to the Greeks that every time something happened to it, it was rebuilt. The temple of Artemis was built for the goddess Artemis. It was built in Ephesus. Today people visit the site where there are some ruins. Also there are some ruins in museums. Learning about this today shows how people acted back then compared to now.

During the world history fair I learned a lot of things. One thing I learned was about the Trojan horse and the Trojan War. I learned that the Trojans made a horse and presented it as a gift to their enemies. It was so the soldiers could sneak in to fight. I also learned a little about Pantheon. It was a very big building. The Romans built it and when they did they made it in a dome shape with a hole in the roof. So that made it energy conservative. I learned a lot at the world history fair, this is just some!

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 02:45 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

My guiding question was: Why did the Chinese wear what they did?

Chinese people wore many different styles of traditional clothing which haven’t changed much over the past hundreds of years. I also learned about how much cotton and silk made an impact on today’s world. The most interesting part for me was learning about what the higher, rich class wore. They had very elegant, decorated and expensive clothing.

When we went to look at other projects I learned about the Coliseum, Japanese clothing, and many more. I thought that the World History Fair was really fun and successful, I defiantly learned a lot.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 12:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 61

World history has now influenced our lives by showing us how to do things "right" and not make past mistakes. My guiding question was as follows: "How did Rome's infantry tactics make them so effective in combat?" I learned the answer to my question during the fair, and also how their ideas change how we fight today. The answer to my question was basically that Rome managed to bring new things to the battlefield and outsmart their enemies. The most interesting part about this project for me was the research portion because that is where most of the learning happened for me. Over the course of the whole project, I learned the advantages of managing your time wisely and the amazing program Easybib.

Some things I learned from other projects were that Zeus was actually the god of the sky and that the Mongolians invented the re curve bow. In talking to people, I learned about how they managed THEIR time and how long it took them to make their project.

Our world’s history influences our lives today because we need to learn why some of our traditions, religions, and cultures came from. My guiding question was “Who were the Medieval Knights” and it surprised me while researching that most weapons and almost all their armor were starting grounds for the soldiers of today.

Walking around, I saw many wonderful projects and I learned a lot too. It was hard to see all the projects in the 30 minutes they gave us but, the ones I saw were awesome. I learned about the Trojan War, Zeus, Ancient China, and more. There were really interesting projects that were great.

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 01:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

World history influences us today because it sort of changes the way we think about where we live. My guiding question was "How Does Cleopatra Influence Us Today". I've learned that Cleopatra actually had a baby with Julius Caesar before she met Mark Anthony. I have also learned that her younger siblings claimed to be the King and Queen of Egypt while it was supposed to be Cleopatra's throne. So Cleopatra became allies with the Romans so she could use their army. Cleopatra's sister was captured by the Roman soldiers while her little brother tried to swim the Nile and drowned because he didn't know how to swim. The most interesting part for me was the research piece of this project.

I learned about Aphrodite, Athens, Kimonos, kanji, temples, Chinese food, and many other things. I learned that kanji was Japanese calligraphy and that the Ancient Roman Army used catapults. The World History Fair was very diverting and informational. Although I'm elated by the way everything turned out, I'm glad it's over and I hope I wont have to do that again. It wasn't so bad, but I was freaking out over it because of how many points were in this project. All in all, I think the World History Fair was a great success.

Article posted May 5, 2012 at 03:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

"How did Ancient Rome's clothing for women effect that of today?" World history influences our lives today in many ways. In my project, it influenced today's clothing. Many things are similar. They had a zona/bra, a subligaculum/slip, a tunic/dress, a stola/dress that represented marriage, and a palla/shawl. The most interesting part for me was that women had so many layers. I found out a lot, such as sometimes women would wear more than one tunic.

From the other 7th graders I learned many things. One of the main things I saw was Asian writing. I thought it was very interesting how they could understand all those symbols, but I guess they could say that about our letters. One thing that really fascinated me was that Leonardo Da Vinci was more than just an artist, I did not know that before.

World history influences our lives today because it gave us a bit of culture from our past. Without history we wouldn’t be at that part in our lives that we are today. Why was the Pantheon important to the Romans? I learned it was important because it is the single oldest building in the world that is still architecturally intact. The most interesting part for me was how much energy it saves. It has a enormous dome at the top that brings in light so less energy is used. I found out that it was made by 2 people. A man first made it but because or its poor construction a later emperor rebuilt it.

I learned that Marco Polo isn’t just a game. I always thought that was all it was but I found out it was a man! Cameron had an amazing project! With his I learned more about the Japanese Architecture and how spectacular it is. It has so much beauty. I saw that his museum project had almost points at the corners and had a very unique design.

So, world history influences our lives today by allowing us to advance in technology and beliefs. Without history, l we wouldn’t be here. How has the telescope changed science? I learned that without the invention of the telescope we wouldn’t know the order of the planets and how gravity works. The most interesting part of my project was learning that the telescope has given us the first semi accurate of the speed of light. I found out that there are two types of telescopes, refracting and reflecting.

Some of the interesting things I learned were that above a pharaoh’s tomb was an inscription that read “Those who enter, suffering will come.” or something like that. There were three types of Greek Columns.

The world history fair influenced me today is that because the weapons gladiators used back then were modified over the years and till the modern day and still are being modified.

I liked looking at others projects and I learned a lot of new stuff like from Garrett D how did the invention of the telescope.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 02:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 102

My guiding question is “How did the religion of cats influence Egyptians?” This affects our lives today because it shows an example of how religion is a huge part in living and how seriously people take their religion. The most interesting part to me is the death part of this religion. Although it is creepy, it is intriguing. I found out that there is a death penalty when harm is done to a cat. There were also temples created for cats for their afterlife.

My favorite display that I saw was on stain glass windows. I learned that the creation of the stain glass window helped and really impacted the growth of churches. I found out that stain glass windows take a very long time to be created and took a lot of attention. Jolly Ranchers are a lot like the stain glass. She made a stain glass window and apparently it took a lot of work but she enjoyed it. Her project really kept me in awe.

My guiding question is How did Cleopatra Become Queen of Egypt? I learned that Cleopatra was co rulers with her brother and father. That she fell in love with two people Ceaser and Marc. Also when she was 18 and her brother was 10 they married each other.

I learned that sumo wrestlers eat soup that contains 1200 calories each serving.

My guiding question was how did the curse of King Tut change people? The curse of King Tut changed people becasue it scared and puzzled people. They didn't know how people were dying so they were scared and puzzled. I learned that 13 out of 20 people who discovered the tomb died mysteriously.

When I looked at other people's projects, I learned a lot of stuff about Greek gods, China, and Marco Polo. I think that the best one was of Zeus. It looked like whoever did the project put a lot of work into it. There was a light shining down and a little statue of Zeus. The whole thing was fun. 

Wow I can't belive that is is over. I am happy with the grade I got because I worked really hard on it. My guiding question is How did the Roman Goddess influence the Ancient Roman people?

The answer is...

Men would devote their lives to marring her but Diana would never marry.

Pregnant women would pray to her for an easy delivery. The most interesting part about Diana I learned was that Diana was the goddess of child fertility, and when Diana was born she caused her mother no pain. After she was born she turnd around and helped her mother give birth to her twin brother Apollo. So now Diana wil help women give a quick and easy birth or a fast death to a dying mother giving birth.

A really cool thing I learnd was that in Ancient Egypt the Egyptians would worship cats. This persons posterboard was really cool it had color and lots of facts. Another thing is someone did their project on Roman archetechture. Their museum display was really cool. They made the Roman Collesseum out of clay.

The world history fair yesterday was so awesome! I have learned so much from it! I learned about bamboo paintings that an artist named Wen Tong painted. It was really interesting to learn about the skills he used and the materials.

The people there didn't tell me much. They were just either standing or sitting next to their project and displaying or handing out things. From the display and 2D/3D projects, I have learned a lot about ancient people and objects in different places. It was so fun and I am looking forward to see the next year's 7th graders' work too!

World history influences our world today,because the technology that we have today developed from the technology that was in the medieval times. Why was King Tut's tomb such a big discovery? Well, King Tut's tomb was a big discovery, because originally it had been thought to be a myth and that other archeologists were trying to lead Howard Carter into a dead end. It was also such a big discovery, because it was the most intact tomb to have ever been discovered.

Some of the things I learned from some of the other 7th graders was about the Roman aqueducts, medieval food, the pyramids of Giza and more. Some of the more things I learned about some of the projects was that the Roman aqueducts were built out of stone, that after some of ancient tombs were built that they would kill and bury the workers so that they wouldn't give away the location of the tomb, last thing I learned was the meaning behind King Tut's death mask.

World history has made up the building blocks of our modern day lives. This has effected how we think or why we have changed our behaviors, practices, and beliefs over time. For the world history project my topic was Bushman rock art. Bushman rock art is basically cave paintings made by the first inhabitants to South Africa, the Bushman people. My guiding question was, how has Bushman rock art effected modern day art? The most interesting part of the project for me was doing the research because I enjoyed learning about this important part of the African history that I did not know ever existed. I found it interesting to see the many different animals, landscapes, and actions the Bushman people drew. I also found it interesting that although the entire Bushman culture was eliminated, it was revived through the Bushman rock.

I learned several things during the World History Fair. I learned about the Roman lifestyle, the compass, slavery, and about the importance of cats in Egypt. I also saw a lot of cool 2D and 3D displays. I saw a replica of Medusa's head, and it was really cool. One of my favorite displays was a colosseum made of cake. I also liked my friends display of a paper mâché cat it was so fluffy and cute. Overall I really enjoyed this years World History Fair.

I think the world history fair in influences our life’s by we learn about different people and things. My guiding question was Leonidas life and how he died. What I learned from my research I that Leonidas had a half brother. The most interesting part was thank the world history fair. I found out that Leonidas father was Anaxandridas II. I learned from some 7th grade were that the roman made legion because of riots in their cities. The most interesting was kade's catapult .

World history influences everyone’s lives because of the development it results. Architectural history influences engineers as well as artists. How is the Colosseum unique? That was my guiding question in which is unique by its grandness. Also, it has 80 entrances and was one of Rome’s best populated amphitheaters. The Colosseum was a Roman’s favorite place to go. Now, it is still mostly standing after an earthquake in A.D. 847! Still it is a well-known structure.

` From some of the projects, I have learned much. I have learned a bit about some Roman armies in which is designed differently than a Greek phalanx. I learned that the Aqueduct was one of Rome’s creative ways to bring water to the city. Also, I learned about how some people put time and effort into their projects. Overall, the projects were all done well with interesting facts.

World history effects our lives today by giving us a lot of ideas and tourist attractions. My guiding question was "Why and How were the Great Pyramids of Giza built?" I learned that the Pyramids were built by doing many steps. First, the Egyptians would mine stone blocks, and transport them across the Nile to the Pyramid's building site. Then, the Egyptians would stack the blocks into a pyramid shape making ramps as they went up. Finally, when they started taking down the ramps, they would carve the sides of the pyramid so it would be smooth sided. The most interesting part of this project was when I made my trifold board because I had to spend a lot of time making it. When I made a mistake, I had to find a way to caver it up, which was interesting.

I learned a little bit about the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. I learned that the Hanging Gardens were basically in the middle of the dessert, and that the plants looked like they were hanging from a distance.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 01:43 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

How did Leonardo da Vinci’s Helical Air Screw impact further flight designs?—Guiding Question

Leonardo da Vinci’s Helical Air Screw was the building block for further helicopter designs. Many inventors took his idea and ran with it. They believed his overall concept was good, but his mechanism did not create enough force or torque to actually fly. Many prototypes were created but the engine was finally the answer. Without Leonardo da Vinci’s Helical Air Screw the world would have no helicopters. Leonardo was an insane genius. I re-learned this through the creation of my 3-D model. I do not know how Leonardo was able to keep his fabric upright. I had to use starch and I do not think he had clothing starch to keep his linen rigid. Plus, I am puzzled how he made the swirl increase in diameter. My dad and I spent countless minutes trying to recreate it but eventually had to settle with creating a look alike. The most interesting part was making my 3-D model. It took a lot of thinking, paper designs, and hot glue to create what I did. Overall, it was a good project and I think I did well.

Oh the things history has to teach us. I think that I really got to see and learn a part of history this World History Fair. I learned how important gold and salt were to ancient Ghana. Without these two resources, Ghana could’ve crumbled having no way to trade or create the foods that they did. Ghana even had guards to protect its trading routes to protect the gold and salt. From Alec I learned how the Punic War was ended. As Rome was about to lose the war, there was the battle of Carthage.  The Romans were able to get a leg up by using elephants as war machines and transportation. Rome ended up winning the battle and eventually winning the war. Of all the projects that I saw, these two were well done and I was able to remember them the best. I also do recall snippets about Athena, Aqueducts, and The Roman Colosseum.

I think world history influences us today by just having to learn about the past. When we learn about history it gives us a picture of what the world before us was and how it worked. It tells us what happened then and how different it was from our generation. So my guiding question was how did the Battle of Actium affect Cleopatra’s life? I learned a lot of things about her and the life style back then and how people acted. The most interesting part for me was learning about how different the people were back then and how they acted around other citizens. In Cleopatra’s time citizens would bow before their ruler and not break the law in any way because the punishment was horrible but people now days break the law all the time and usually the only thing they get is jail time. Back then it was sudden death, hanging, execution or even slow death.

When it was our teams turn to go look around at the other team’s projects it was interesting. They did all different projects. When I would ask them about their projects they were way different then mine. I found a lot of people did Cleopatra but not all of them had the same guiding question or information, it was all different. I learned that I didn’t know all about Cleopatra’s life, there was some stuff I didn’t learn at all like how she married her brother and that she wasn’t really Egyptian she was Greek.

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 04:10 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

My guiding question was: What was the signifigance of the toga in Ancient Rome? I learned that the toga showed citizenship and respect in Rome. Also, although togas look like they would be fun to wear (I was really excited to wear mine), they were a burden to Romans. They were very hot and hard to put on. When I looked at other people's projects, I learned some new facts. For example, I never knew that was a curse on King Tut's tomb. It was very intresting to read about an old myth. It was really fun doing the World History Fair. I learned a lot about togas that I would probably have never known.

I think the world history fair influences our lives today because it gets young folks of the day and age studying the past, and for us to get to know how people did stuff back in the ancient times. My guiding question was: Why did the ancient Chinese invent the magnetic compass? I learned a lot, especially that kids like to touch gel stuff on my 3-D project. It got annoying. I pretty much know all there is to know about the magnetic compass, so just ask me anything, (if you care). The most interesting part for me was the whole experience and finding out what other students were learning and building. I found out that ancient food isn’t all that great. Also, that some kids are big slackers. I had a fun time with the whole thing.

Part 2:      I have learned a many things during the world History fair.Some of the things I have learned is that cats in China were a good thing. I have learned that what each person wore back then, told a story. Clothes were hard to make back then, and paper dragons also told a story about china. The students have spent a while working on all of their projects, and I was very impressed about how some looked. I think this was a very good experience for me, and for the other students.