Yay! It felt like yesterday we started 7th grade! 7th grade was awesome! I loved all my teachers because they thought me a lot of stuff. I also loved all my students on my team. They were all nice! What was successful for me was getting straight A’s in all my classes. I also made tons of new friends! I know sometimes that I didn’t do my blogs or study for a test, and that didn’t help me at all. I learned many new things like bio means life and many other vocab words. I also learned lots of new equations in math. Personally I learned to be nice to all my friends and family. I would change studding more and getting better grades then I have now. Like A+’s! I don’t remember anything that I did the hard way! It’s a lot easier to do what your suppose to than get in trouble. In 8th grade I want to make more friends and get straight A+’s!

Incoming 7th graders do your homework so you aren’t the one always getting tracked down and getting bad grades. Also be organized so that you don’t be unprepared. Good luck in 7th grade!

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 02:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 91

International Towne was soooooooooooo fun!! I thought it was going to be a lot bigger but it worked out the way it was. I learned that exchanging your money into different counties money is a lot easier than you think. I won’t want anything to change because our country earned more money than we were suppose too, I had lots of fun, and I did my job correctly. The best part of international Towne was all of the different countries. It was fun to see all the props and things every country had. I think that I-Towne was a great experience. It helped us learn how to exchange money and do stuff around the world. I-Towne was super fun!

World history influences us today because we would never know how to do the things that we have done today. What are the dimensions of the Great Wall of China? (That is my guiding question)The Great Wall of China was 5,500 miles long, 35 feet high and 16 feet wide. The wall helped protect its country and people. I like when we got to present our projects in front of people.

I learned that Athena was Zeus’s daughter, and got to here the whole story of how she was born. I think Ashlee Workman’s project was really creative and awesome. I also liked Allie’s caramel pyramid. It was really creative. Just looking at Jordyn’s project I knew that Aphrodite was the goddess of love. All the projects were really cool, and I can see everyone put a lot of work into their project.

I think that this book is really boring.I don't like how Paul Fleischman changed the point of view every chapter. It confuses me. It's like one story to the next. I think it is the connection of the community. Before they didn't communicate at all. I like Kim because she started the whole garden. I think the activities were really fun! I liked making flowers out of cans with Mr. Howard. But all the activities were super fun and it helped me learn how to make things out of recycled stuff.

My project is going on very smoothly. What are the dimensions of the Great Wall of China? My guiding question is helping me from my essay and guide me through all my research. I am definitely not ready for my presentation. I don’t even have my 3D project done!I am really nervous because this is the biggest project I've ever done. I Hope that the fair will be super fun!

Oreos are very appetizing. They make me extremely happy. The frosting is the best part of the cookie. Well every time I eat one it make my teeth look like they have cavities.But I still love Oreos.

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 09:43 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 71

I thought dissecting a chicken wing was fun! I liked how we got to do it hands on and not just watching someone do it. It wasn’t really that worth while because we could just go to King Soopers and buy some chicken wings and do it at home. I learned that when you break a bone blood comes rushing out of the bone. To me I thought this was fun!

One of my poems that I love a lot is “ Useless Things”

Useless things

A car with no wheels,

a dinner with no meals.

A sun with no heat,

a cow with no meat.

A crayon with no wax,

a tree with no sap.

A map with no key,

T-ball with no tee.

People with no hearts,

Einstein with no smarts.

A world with no color,

hovercraft with no hover.

How did you like it?

I thought that this story was really inspiring because if I was in that situation then

I would leave in a flash. Ernest taught me how to be brave and stand up for yourself and your friends. If I was in that situation I would not be as brave and return to my old school. I would not have the courage to fight back because the whites would just bully me more. Things have changed because blacks are invited to schools and other activities. They can also vote and participate in the government. I thought the movie was really good and thought me a lot.

"Never ever ever give up" by Winston Churchill says something to me. when I go through hard times I try to think of that quote to help me. Here is a poem...

"Working Hard" By Lindsey

When I feel like somethings hard,

I walk into me big backyard,

and think of that mighty quote "Never ever ever give up"

I think about it for a long, long time,

and decide to go to work again.

I work and work and achieve some more.

Finally my work is done.

I say to myself "Never ever ever give up".

Cells are really boring. I know that they are super small, there are many different kinds, they can be harmful or help you, and much more. I don’t like cells because cells aren’t interesting to me. If we learned about cells in a different way it might be more fun. The labs were cool! I didn’t like how Mrs. Kosters did all of it for us and we sat and watched.

Article posted February 17, 2012 at 12:28 AM GMT • comment • Reads 64

During the game,

off the huge stands, in the gym.

Past two long minutes, within the players, on the court, near the hoop, under the stands. In the basket, down Lakers! down Lakers!

Except the ball, through the basket,

at the other end.Except the buzzer, out of time. Down Nuggets.

I haven’t been reading any book lately because I am so busy with sports. The last book I read was The Secret Language of girls by Frances O'Roark Dowell. I really enjoyed this book because it is really fun and exciting. In the book one girl gets left out of the group and now she’s finding her way back in. I love this book.

Article posted January 31, 2012 at 01:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 86

I like hippos! There really fat and really awesome.

here are some facts about hippos. Their full name is Hippopotamus Amphibious. They are 13 feet long and 5 feet tall. They can weigh to 31/2 tons. Their lifespan is 50 years,and they are

herbivorous.

Poets use many tools to create effect in their writing. I think one tool poets use is experiences in their life. Many poets uses this tool to express their feelings and events that are happening in their life. One thing ,I think,they write about is their sadness. For example people go through hard time and they don't know how to get it out, so they write a poem about it."I had been hungry all the years" poem by Emily Dickinson Shows how hungry she was. The lines " The plenty hurt me, ‘twas so new,

Myself felt ill and odd," show how hurt she is from her hunger.

Article posted January 21, 2012 at 12:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 73

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt Is one that I think is the most motivating. I think it means if you believe in yourself then you are halfway there. I can use it in my life because I believe that I’m going to be a super good basketball player. I believed in that so now I’m meeting my goal. This could make a positive change in someone’s attitude because if they want to believe they can then they will be happier and change their attitude and life. The saying could make an impact on the world because If everyone in the whole world believed they can they everyone can achieve in their goals and the worlds goals. For example the oil spill, if people believed they could clean it up then the cleanup would be much faster and so it won’t damage anymore. All in all, I think that this quote "Believe you can and you're halfway there," Is the most motivating one.

Article posted January 17, 2012 at 12:27 AM GMT • comment • Reads 89

My goals for this year are to be nice to friends and family,do good in school, and have loads of fun.

Sometime I get really mad at my family so I want to control my anger and try to be nice to them. Also I want to do good in school because It will help me in the future. I Think this year will be super duper fun!

I Thought this process was not really something we needed to know or do. It made everyone frustrated and we won't really use it in life. Working in the group was really hard because you had to wait until someone responded. I think our group did well on communicating. We could of responded faster and better. Our team did good on doing our job on the video and the page. We could of made our page more organized and clean. Overall I think that this process was okay.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 03:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

Greece is one of the most interesting countries in the world. Its current population is 11,295,002. Greece is located Near the Mediterranean Sea. The capital of Greece is Athens. Greece was inhabited as early as the Paleolithic period that is 3000 BC. Now Greece is a wonderful place.

Humanities class is really fun and exciting. My city state is Sparta. Unfortunately we’re losing by quite some. We earn points by being good and doing things were suppose to. We lose points by: being rude, not straight desks, and not being organized or clean. This process is teaching me a lot and I will understand more.

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 10:56 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 75

Colorado is where I exist,

but I love to visit Massachusetts.

Ohio and Idaho are very cool to,

but I also like to go to Sacramento.

Somewhere else that’s cool is Nevada,

but the best place to visit is Arizona.

Massachusetts is really cool because it has many fun places to go including Water Wizz. Ohio and Idaho are cool because they rhyme. Sacramento is cool because I was born in the state, California. Arizona is the best because of the Grand Canyon.

Article posted November 18, 2011 at 12:55 AM GMT • comment • Reads 78

I’m thankful for my family, education, and sports. I’m so lucky to have a family that cares about me. They’re always supportive and helpful. It is great to have a school that can educate me. Some people don’t even have the chance to go to school or even learn. I’m also so thankful for all the sports I can play. It helps me exercise and have fun. Lots of people don’t have time to play sports because they are too busy at work. Overall I think that all the things that I'm thankful for are the most important in my life. Thank you!

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 01:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 67

The best mystery I’ve ever read is The Face on the Milk Carton. I like this one because it was scary and really fun to read at the same time. It is also sad too. The author did well on directing the story. She also had some really good word choice. I also loved it because it was funny and romantic.

On a hot summer morning there were five children playing at the park. But it all started when the first child disappeared. The family was desperate to find her. She was nowhere in sight. Then an hour later two other children disappeared.  There were two children left and they saw a shadow 10 yards away.  

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 12:43 AM GMT • comment • Reads 82

Always remember! We always take for granted what the troops do for us. They protect us and our constitution. We Americans have also bonded together as well. Like in 9-11 we helped anyone we could so they could be safe. We have to always remember our troops. The troops always serve us and will always protect us.

I would like some vocab. My writing needs to be more interesting with longer sentences and vocab. It can help me in the future.

I think blogging is okay.It's okay because Were just write and comment. We need to do more exciting things. Sometimes I forget to do it because I have lots of things to do. I think we should write about anything again! Just write about your feelings and to express what you feel inside.

Article posted October 22, 2011 at 02:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 83

Heavy rain in Central America has caused major flooding. The flood has killed about 60 people. El Salvador was the country that was hit the hardest. 32 people have died in El Salvador. Many of the people were killed by being swept away or there house collapsed on them. The rain caused many mudslides and the people had to evacuate in some parts of the country. In Guatemala 28 people have died and 110,000 have been affected. I think this was a really tragic. It killed so many people. But this stuff happens. We will learn to build a better country for them.It was also really sad because many people lost family members and relatives.Also I think we should help them by raising money by having hat days.

[LINK]

I recently read the book Hunger Games by Susan Collins. It was the best book I’ve ever read. I couldn’t put the book down. The main character is Katniss. She was chosen to be in the annual hunger games. The hunger game is a fight to death.  The last one standing is the winner.  You must have excellent surviving skills and hunting skills. There are also many impediments the game makers make. Some examples are when they through fireballs and wild dogs come to chase you. Right now I’m trying to find the sequel to the Hunger Games. But I don’t have a good book in mind either.

The show Extreme Coupon (I think) is so cool. I can’t believe how they can buy like three hundred things and use coupons and limit it down to almost five dollars! It’s also strange why they buy all that stuff for. But anyways it’s still super amazing how it’s done. I remember one show these twins were going to the store and bought fifty packs of deodorant, and other stuff and it was only seven dollars. It also amazes me because they have to spend a long time to save up that many coupons. Think about it, it might take a whole entire year. That’s why I think Extreme Coupon is really cool.

I think books should not be banned. Like some books about drugs should be put under guidance section and be learned about before a student sees it. Also some books are really funny and those books should go to all libraries. Freedom of speech falls into this because books can be read by anyone and you can put it anywhere. But some of the books should be put in a different area where students can’t reach. They can only see the book when they have learned about it. I think we have a choice to read any book or place it anywhere.

Fox Run Park was really fun and I enjoyed a lot. My favorite station was the one island one. I like that one because we got to work together a lot more than the other activities. I learned that you have to work together on things or it turns up to be a big mess. I also learned that if the deer population goes down than the food, shelter, and water supply gets higher. When the deer population goes up the water, food, and shelter get lower. Fox Run was a really fun field trip.

Article posted September 22, 2011 at 03:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

This was an awesome math video, and it’s very humorous too. The guy made you believe that his thinking was true. In his division he uses the two and the eight separately instead of dividing it by twenty-eight itself. He should have done twenty-eight divided by seven. The multiplication, he did three times seven and that equaled twenty-one, then he did seven times one and equaled seven. He added twenty-one and seven that equaled twenty-eight. What he should have done was thirteen times seven and not added, but carries the two from the twenty- one to the seven. That would equal ninety-one. The addition part was a very cool way too. He put down thirteen, seven times. When he added all the threes then he added the ones to it.

If I do his way then I can also do it with fifteen. I figured out that the first digit has to be smaller than the number that’s being divided, and the second number has to be bigger. Fifteen and three work to equal eighteen!

The funniest thing that ever happened to me was when I went fishing in the Rocky Mountains. I was fly fishing and a huge fish bit my rod and I fell into the freezing water. It took about ten minutes to catch the fish. When I got out of the water I was as cold as a huge icicle . That was the funniest thing that ever happened to me.

I thought that the Rachel’s Challenge presentation was really emotional. The assembly was so worthwhile. It makes everyone want to be a better person. I’m going to try to by nicer to my sister and all my friends. I was crying through the whole thing. She was so nice and helpful and that’s the person she wants everyone to be. Her dream of changing the world has come true. Rachel’s Challenge taught me a lot about how to be a better person.

Article posted August 30, 2011 at 05:45 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 76

I love basketball.

I like volleyball.

I like to eat.

I have an older sister.

I have 13 fish.

I love yogurt.

I dislike language arts.