I liked seventh grade. The first and biggest thing that I want to bring up,is that we weren't really taught economics and things like that during ITowne. I liked a lot of things in the seventh grade. I learned a good amount too. I think that it would be fun to ,instead of the Sky Sox, see an Avalanche game. For future seventh graders, I would say to listen and do your work. Don't let what other people do influence you.

I liked it; but not as much as Young Ameritowne in fifth grade. In Itowne we learned only currency exchange. We didn't focus on the economics as much as I think we should have. The best part was the food. I enjoyed International Towne, but only just.

History has changed the world because certain events played out in such ways that people saw the need to change it. My guiding question was: How did Alexander the Great's battle tactics change the world? Alexander changed the known world by unifying it for a brief period. I learned that many of Alexander's tactics were created by his father, while Alexander put them into action.

There were many cool projects. One thing I learned is that Roman Maniples had the poor soldiers in front so they would die and the rich soldiers in the back to become richer. I also learned that people will only present to teachers and parents. There were pretty cool projects that looked great.

I didn't like Seedfolks. It was boring and slow. The only good part is when Clyde (I think that's his name) pins a man to a wall with a pitchfork. I have gotten a worm, made flowers, wrote a poem, and painted a rock for Seedfolks. My favorite, suprising as it may be, was making flowers. I just liked using the aluminum and alll the options. Seedfolks was not the best book.

My topic has created change because Alexander the Great's battle tactics were the first succesful tactics to conquer the known world. My final project is coming together fine. Although I am not ready yet. I'm not sure how it's going to answer my question, but I'll find out.

A lot of kids have created buisnesses over the years, and I think I will start one over the summer. I will be selling hockey lace necklaces, you may have seen me wearing one, and hockey lace belts, my newest invention. I will sell them in different colors, black and white, Avalanche colors, Bruins colors, Cyotes colors, and other combinations.

Article posted April 5, 2012 at 11:12 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 69

We disected chicken wings to study how muscles, tendons, and ligaments work. We saw what each did; and what muscle moved what. I think it was worth it. I learned that what you eat is the muscle. I liked it because we got to dissect something. We dissected chicken wings to see how it's components work.

I put one Five-Liner, and two I Wish... poems. Hope you like them.

Ovechkin

Professional, Russian

Captains, centers, motivates         (hockey player)      

Plays for the Capitals

Ovechkin

I wish,

I could change accents at a whim,

Have a Jamaican accent one day,

Irish the next,

Be British at formal gatherings,

And Australian at informal gatherings,

No one could tell where I was from.

I wish,

I could play professional hockey,

Be paid to do what I love,

Get to know I’m one of the best,

Live for hockey.

"It's a great day for hockey." -Bob Johnson

For it to be a great day,

it must be shared with hockey.

To go out and shoot,

no matter the weather.

No matter the time,

even no matter how tired you are.

Stickhandle with obstacles,

get better.

Article posted February 27, 2012 at 10:15 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 82

Science is good. We have been studying cells, their functions, and all that jazz. Honestly, it's kinda slow. I know enough for the test; but not all of it. The coolest thing was being able to see all those protists. I would rather study physics and other things like that.

The Goal

With the black biscuit, down the Olympic size rink, toward the net,

by dangling one after another, as the skates

beneath him, while spraying shaved ice,

across the ice rink, into the crowd, as the rumble starts, in the crowd,

on the blue line, before the net,

for the perfectly saucered shot, between the goalies leg pads,

into the net.

The movie Miracle is a great movie. It's about the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team. Also how we beat the Russians, the best team in the world and winners of the past 4 or 5 Olympics. It is great. I enjoyed it because It shows how you don't beed the best players to win, you need the right ones. By that I mean people that really know how to play hockey, like passing and sharing the puck. You should not be worried about the glory; you do what needs to be done for your team. That's what the coach drills into the players heads.

Poets use many tools to make great poems. They'll use history and fantasy, literary devices, and good vocab. Poets use onomatopeia, rhyme, rythm, and more. There are so many literary devices that poets use. In "Ego-Tripping" by Nikki Giovanni, she uses free verse, so there's not very much rhyming.They all combine to make a good poem.

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." Theodore Roosevelt.

That means you have to think you can do it before you can actually do it. It won't just happen, you have to believe. I have to believe I can get an A or score a goal before I get an A or score a goal. It can change your life because you will do so many things you didn't know you could. You'll become more optimistic, which is a good thing. With more optimists the world will advance in technology, art, and all the rest of life. We'ld be more advanced than we ever thought imaginable.

Article posted January 13, 2012 at 12:16 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 48

My goals are to be more active andto work out. This is so I have more energy for hockey and can skate faster, as well as take a harder shot. I was lazy last year ,and, it'll help me accomplish my goal of becoming pro.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 12:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 79

I liked the wiki. It was a neat way to do a project. My group was not the best at comunicating. We had lots of different things going on. I probably would not make the project as short and add one to two days. You did a good job at letting us just figure it out as we go. This is a great learning experiance.

Article posted December 10, 2011 at 12:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 60

Greece was an ancient super-power. One of their leaders was Alexander The Great. They had an alphabet based off of the Pheonican Alphabet. They had many gods and heros. Heros were half god and half human. The Greeks had one of the biggest empires the world had ever seen. Greece was an ancient super-power that conquered many countries and achieved great achievements.

Right now we are in poli; or city states. We are earning points for things (last time I checked Megara (me) is in the lead). The poli are learning the Greek Alphabet and putting it to a tune.

Article posted December 3, 2011 at 12:20 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 69

• I want to go pro in hockey when I grow up

• I want to be President after my pro career

• I want to own a segway

I am still building this and have not yet had anything checked off. It would be nice to have ideas.

Article posted November 19, 2011 at 05:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 67

I am thankful for many things in my life. I am thankful for family and friends. They make life interesting and enjoyable. I am thankful that my parents have jobs so we can have food, a roof over our heads, and do the things we do. I am thankful for the education I am getting. It will open my career choices so much. Finally, I am thankful to be playing hockey. I really am thankful for many things.

Article posted November 12, 2011 at 03:48 AM GMT • comment • Reads 61

I don't read mysteries, but I think "Sherlock Holmes and The Adventure of The Speckled Band".I came to like the Sherlock Holmes series in the mystery unit. This one was the best because it had the most adventure out of the ones I read.

"Twas The Night Before Thanksgiving"

One day a kid gets home from school and he hears a scream and his dad runs to him from the kitchen. His dad grabs him and falls to reveal a 10" cooking knife buried in his back. The kid runs to the kitchen and sees no evidence anyone was there except his dad's blood trail...

I think blogs are not very fun or the best. This is because I am not very good at writing and do not like to write. Lately I have not gotten some blogs posted because of problems, and have had a problem on almost everyone. I think blogs are unnecessary writing assignments. I think a good topic would be to talk about your favorite sport or game. 

As american citizens we must always remember. As my dad's former history teacher said, "If you don't remember it you're bound to repeat it." We need to remember the sacrifices of our soldiers.

Please give me feedback on anything.

The dictater Gadhafi was killed in Libya after being capured by rebel forces. The country celebrated a lot. The whole country entered a time of cheer. People rode cheering their cars and fired guns into the air. My opinion is that the Libyans have a right to be happy. Their dictater was just killed. After a long time in office as dictator, a lot of people could be happy because he supported a few terrorist attacks.

(http://www.cnn.com/studebtnews/)

The last book I read is The Ranger's Apprentice: Halt’s Peril. I really liked it. It is the ninth book in a ten book series. Like in the title, Halt almost dies. Halt is a legendary ranger. Rangers are a tight knit group of people who have on the dot accuracy with a longbow at 200 yards. They carry double knife scabbards with a throwing knife and a very large knife (they are very skilled with these to). Rangers “use black magic” to disappear with their camo cloaks. I like these books very much.

This Friday I have dry land before ice practice. Dry land is where we do drills of the ice, like squats and stickhandling. But this isn't just any dry land, this is a body checking dry land. We have to have on full pads for this. We practice the body checking basics during these. I really like these dry lands.

I enjoyed the feild trip. The best part was free time because it was free time and we got to do almost anything we wanted. Also because we played extreme team keep away. My favorite activity was the camo one. I found most people as predator (it was only me). I was very succesful as prey and was never caught (4 predators). I also can't tell you why I liked the activity, all I can tell you is it was my favorite.I learned that animals must be the best to survive, and that animals adapted to help themselves survive. Fox Run was one of my all time favorite field trips.

I think that people have the right to read what they want to read. If someone thinks a book should be banned, they can stop their children from reading it or, if they're a kid, they can talk to their parents to have them not let the family read it. Still that doesn't mean that everyone else should not be able to read the book. Books are for everyone no matter if someone thinks it should not be out there.

The problem with these mathmetitions is they are not adding the the extra 1 in division to the ones column, and when the other person writes that number however many times that they are multiplying by, they add the tens in as if they were ones.

The funniest thing that my family thinks I did was at a restaurant when my brother wanted parmesan cheese and as a waiter walked by I “yelled” to him, “Excuse me, can we get some parmesan cheese?” My family thought it was the funniest thing that I ever did. I was about 7 at the time.

Article posted September 6, 2011 at 05:36 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 79

The presentation was still very touching. It is worthwhile because if everyone was that way we would be living in a utopian society. You really need to take to heart that you need to be kind to everyone. We could be living much better if we acted like Rachel. I will accept more and be kind to everyone. Rachel’s story is meant to change lives.

Article posted August 30, 2011 at 05:45 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 57

*I am a twin.

*I like hockey.

*I am the youngest.

*I don’t like white milk.

*I have an older brother that is 3 years older.

*I like building things.

*I have lots of hand eye coordination.