If I was one of The Little Rock Nine well I probably wouldn’t be one because I would be to scared to go to an all white school. But in the case that I was I would not have to ability to remain nonviolent because that is just my personality. Whenever people hit me or kick me I would definitely be fighting back because I have no tolerance for people who don’t treat me as equally as them. Some things have changed and some haven’t and that’s just how it goes. One thing that has changed is the public is more accepting to African-Americans and other races other than Caucasians. Going along with that some people (any race) are still very racist and even companies are still racist today. An example of discrimination is some people didn’t want to vote for our current president, Obama, and even when he was elected some people tried to make excuses to make him resign of his duties. Such as saying he wasn’t even an American citizen. We can’t help that though there will always be atleast one person that is still racist it’s simply human nature.

I love microbiology! Science has always been an interest of mine and now that we have started the microbiology unit in science I have gained a higher level of love for science! Microbiology can be confusing at times but what isn't? I have gained a higher higher level knowledge of how magnificent animals and plants are ans how they work. We have done a lot of labs but my favorite was were we put gummy worms in a jar of varied liquids to see the effects of osmosis and diffusion. I also enjoy being able to talking to my mom and dad (both with degrees of medical science and microbiology) about the anatomy of cells and other microorganisms.

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 04:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

Well currently reading two books. The first book is called Shimmer by Alyson Noel. This book is about what goes on after your dead. It is a great kind of adventure book about a girl named Riley. Well Riley is dead and she has to help people pass over from the “earth plane” and she meets a girl named Rebecca. Little does she know that Rebecca is very evil and deceiving. The other book I’m reading is called Forbidden Sea by Sheila A. Nielson is about a girl whose sister gets taken away by a mermaid but I haven’t read to much so that’s as much as I know.

Article posted January 31, 2012 at 04:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 63

Okay so tying into science I want to write about our new microbiology section. I think microbiology would definitely be a fun profession seeing how it’s so much fun now and we are just scraping the edges. I mean who wouldn’t like to get to look at cool microorganisms for a job? What’s your view on microbiology?

Article posted January 10, 2012 at 05:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

Well my goal for school is to have a 4.0 GPA for at least 3 quarters. So far so good! A personal goal for the new years is to be more active. A think being active is very important because it will help keep you healthy. This will definitely need some change because on a normal day as soon as I get home I go straight to the couch and watch some TV. Happy New Years!!

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 03:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 75

Well I enjoyed this project a lot because we got to connect with students in Louisiana and in different classes. At times it was difficult because we wouldn’t all agree on one thing but eventually we would figure it out. While our communication was good I think that maybe we should have gone on a little more than we all did (including me.) I think that as a group we could have been a little bit more open minded on other people’s ideas. I think that maybe for next year’s seven graders that Mrs. Lubich and Mrs. G that we could have just a bit more time. Other than it was great project.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 01:56 AM GMT • comment • Reads 77

Well I have to admit that I am a Greek Mythology fanatic, so I know a ton of Greek myths. One is about a child named Perseus. His father was Zeus and his mother was a Greek princess named Danae. Her son was foretold to kill her father so her father, The King, locked her in a tower. Zeus came in and had a child with her and turned her tower into a beauty field on the inside. The King then saw light coming from her window and went into to the tower and saw a child on her lap. He was furious so he put Danae and her son into a crate and set them off to sea. Only Perseus survived and he went off and killed a bunch of monsters and eventually ended up killing the King.

Now onto what’s new in Humanities. We all how special tables that are named after Greek city-states and my tables name is Corinth. We are currently in the lead as far as my knowledge. Each day we play a game named fates and each day until yesterday we had been losing points because we made the “gods” mad. We also played a game where we had to name a bunch of brands by their logo and it was a lot of fun.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 01:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 60

The best mystery book I have ever read would definitely be The Hourglass Door by Lisa Mangum. Lisa Mangum grabbed my attention on the first page. She has a very high suspense level in this book and I absolutely think that she has captured the mystery genre. She also mixes in a little bit of romance. This as well captured my attention.

Now on to my paragraph.

She walked into my dorm and I knew it was over. She had done. There was nothing I could have done. My body filled with disappointment. I knew what going to happen sooner or later so why was I so disappointed? I mean if you knew something was going to happen before hand then why would you be filled with so much dread? I pondered on the thought while I sobbed for my friend. She looked at me; you could see the insanity in her eyes. She whispered in my ear, “I’ve finished Emily off she was getting annoying. Now your next.” She held up a

Article posted November 16, 2011 at 12:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 101

Well I am thankful for many, many things I would have to say my family, my freedom, and my friends are the things that I am most thankful for. I am so gratified to have such a wonderful family like mine. I have a father and a mother who have never been seperated and hopefully never will and I was have so many siblings I can barely count. I am thankful for my freedom because without it all those men and women who fought for it would have died for nothing. I can also do what I ever I want ( within humanities reach of course. ) The last thing I am thankful for is my friends I would be lost without my friends always keeping me happy and having fun with me. What are you thankful for?

Article posted November 7, 2011 at 03:41 AM GMT • comment • Reads 57

I find blogging a fun and new assignment that I am happy our school is doing. In my oppinion blogging is fun assignment that is a great way to improve our writing skills. I find myself always doing the blogs as soon as they come out because I am just so eager to blog! The one problem I keep running into is that I always forget to write my blog in Microsoft Word so all of my I's are lower case. Does any =body else do that? Hmm..haha.

Article posted October 25, 2011 at 02:59 AM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 76

As humans their are some very important things we need to remember. A good example is breathing. Another is the men and women who fight for our freedom. What are some things you need to remember?

Okay so that was my intro paragraph hope you liked it. Please comment on how I can improve!

Article posted October 21, 2011 at 03:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 100

Last month or two have been Hispanic Heritage Months. Well to me it is very important that we understand all heritages. As I read in the articles and the videos is that hispanic heritages and cultures are pretty much unknown to most people. We should keep the heritages up and known. My thoughts on this subject is that each and every one of us have a different culture and it doesn't matter where your from. What would you do if your culture just disappeared? You would have to basically start life over again. We can't let that happen. That's why we have heritage months. The article is mostly about how most Americans don't know about Hispanic Heritage Month and how one day we might loose their culture. That would be a definite lose for us.

[LINK]

The book I am currently reading is Ingri and Edgar Parin d'Aulaire's book of Greek myths by Ingri and Edgar Parin d'Aulaire. It is a book (of course) about Greek mythology. I love this book it’s very descriptive and fun to read. The last book I read before this one was The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. I love Riordan he puts Greek myths into a fun book for all ages to read. What was the last book you red?

Okay so as you read on you cant tell I am no poet. Haha.

Hope

As I sit in the car,

I watch the tree fly by,

And I wonder what I am going to do with my life,

Right now all I can do is hope.

Hope for a greater mean,

hope for a greater purpose than seen,

As humans all we can do is Hope.

Hope

Fox Run Park was an awesome way to learn I love to go to parks. As wells as being able to tie that in with school is really cool in my opinion. The best part would have to be when we were with Mr. Howard and we got to play like hide and go seek (predator style). I think it was the best part was because it was like a ton of fun to just play but still be learning. Over all the best part of The Fox Run Park feild trip was Mr. Howards station. What was yours?

Well freedom of speech is huge in America and banning books falls into that category. As a free country we should be able to read what we want to. Not what we have to. No offense to anyone out there who does this but it's just not right to tell someone this is what you can and can't read, and parents no offense but you are getting to paranoid at what is and isn't okay at school. If you want your children to learn let the SCHOOL teach them and let the school decide what is okay or not. If you don't support their ideas then teach your child at home. If you can't then let the SCHOOL do their job. That as well an example of of banning books and freedom of speech.

Well the baker in the video thinks that 7  goes into 28 13 times. Well we all now is wrong but how? Well he did his math wrong. Down below is his math and next to it is mine. All the corrections are in bold.

His:                                      Mine:

7)28)13                                7)28)1+3=4

-7                                           -7

-                                             -

21                                          21

-21                                        -21

0                                           0

Get it? Well if you didn't both of the people in the videos made the same mistake. They didn't add there answers. So instead of 13 it would be 4.

When I was five or six I always went shopping with my mom (because she always bought me candy.) One day we were at the checkout lane and I was looking at the candy bars and of course I wanted one. So I turned around and kissed this random ladie I didn't know on the check and said will you get me a candy bar ( I had my eyes closed as well.) When I finally opened my eyes I saw a creeped out ladie staring at me in awe. I blushed and said I'm sorry and ran to my mom crying.

I love Rachel’s Challenge Assemblies and I cry every single time. Last year I cried the most because I never knew about the Columbine shooting. This year was (No offense) not that touching. It was still worthwhile and needed so all kids know what happened to Rachel that frightful day. We also need to know what we can do to help! I definetly think we should keep the part where her brother talks about their fight right before her death. I always remember that after my sisters and I fight so that I always apologize like five minutes later.

Article posted August 30, 2011 at 05:48 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 68

1) My eyes change color depending on the temperature ( When I am cold they turn green and when I am hot or normal temperature they are brown.)

2) I dislike chocolate with a fiery passion.

3) When I was little I was put on a breathing tube.

4) I have always secretly wanted red hair.

5) When I grow up I want to be a plastic surgen.

6) I am related to Pochahantas.

7) My favorite candy is Twix despite my dislike for chocolate.