Article posted May 16, 2012 at 03:32 AM GMT • comment • Reads 79

Whoo Hoo!!! You've made it through 7th grade!! I am really proud of all you've accomplished this year! We've had our ups and downs, but here we are at the end.

For your final blog of the year, I want you to reflect. How was 7th grade? What was successful? What wasn't? What did you learn academically, personally, etc? What would you change? Were there some things you learned the hard way?

THEN.... what would be some things you would like to change or do in the 8th grade- regardless of where you will be?

AND....leave a piece of advice for next year's 7th graders on how to surivive 7th grade!How was my 7th grade year, hmmm, I guess you could say the worst year of my life. Well, I loved my teachers and all, but I had some stuff that I shouldn’t have been in. I had to choose a new set of friends.In the process I was literally being bullied so badly by one person I totally shut down. I got better and started doing what I had to do. I have learned personally to choose friends wisely. I have learned to also get every piece of homework done.

This year I would probably change that dumb turquoise hair streak! That is my yearbook picture and it looks gross. I thought it was awesome then,,, NO.

Next year in 8th grade I need to focus on getting work done and less thinking about friends. Well, it’s good to think about then, but don’t let them distract your learning.

Last, For all the new 7th graders, do not think it’s cool to cuss, I mean all day I hear you swearing away. It’s not cool.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 03:14 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

Well, I thought that it would be a lot different. As in the whole building. I learned that going to other countries may be a little scary, but it's really fun. If I could change something I would change the size of the place, I mean China was smaller than my bathroom. The best thing was probably the time off.

World history effects our lives today by letting us learn about other things in the world besides our basics.. My guiding question was "How does Japanese calligraphy impact the world?" I learned that Japanese calligraphy was originally from China. Then, it came to Japan in a different way. This was a very interesting project though. My trifold came out really well. I had a person draw on my board with something, so that was great. Other than that it was a great experience to have.

I learned how to write some Japanese calligraphy too. You have to do each and every line correctly in order. It was kind of tricky but it was easy.

My project is great. The poster board is done and I have evrything in line. My 2D/3D project was the brushes and 2 written calligraphies I did myself. I think that my project will be a success. I hope I get a good grade.

Ok well, I’m gonna write about my friend. Ok I have a friend, her name is Maranda. She is funny and really pretty. She is always kind and never lies. We have a unusual inside joke and she loves the qoute” I struggle to find any truth in your lies.” Its in a song by Munford and Sons. That is all I have to say hahaha.

The whole chicken thing to me was nasty. I hated the fat in the legs. We did the project because we were learning about the body. I really don’t think it was worth it because I have not eaten a chicken wing ever since. I know that frogs frogs are really gross compared to a chicken leg and I learned that you can flex the legs by pulling the muscle. I guess I don’t like chicken anymore.

Our project didn't go too well, we had 4 different videos. I don't think I made myself really involved in the project. I was kinda told that we were doing a poem and my stanza. I did really good on the notes.I think I could have been on more often and helped more on the weekends. We had a ton of facts and a few pictures so I thought the page looked nice. We all could have improved by making more time for the project in class.

I honestly do not like the whole microscope thing. I know a cell has a nucleus and there are many dogs with different traits.The best part has been the warm ups. Basically the whole study part has been the worst. I don’t like learning about small things because I am not going to see them every day and plus it’s really gross. I have nothing against science it’s just creep looking at hair and water because there is a lot of gross things in it. Well there you go.

Ok Since this is supposed to be basic, I think that what is on my mind isn't something that can't be written so here are my thoughts.

1. Are we going to die soon? The world is becoming a scary place.

2. Is there such things as a werewolf? My dads watching a movie on werewolves and I don't believe it.

3 Last tomorrows dance thing in gym is gonna be terrible, my team doesn't have any idea on what to do.

SO that is all my thoughts.