Article posted May 16, 2012 at 12:55 AM GMT • comment • Reads 98

Now that I look back, 7th grade was pretty good. The more social side of this year has been successful because I made a lot of friends. My grades were also successful for the most part. 3rd quarter wasn't the best quarter for me grade wise. I learned a lot academically like new stuff in math, humanities, pretty much everything. I also learned that if you put your mind to something it will end up good. If you dont't, it will end up bad. I would change something if I could. I would change the blogs. There were also some things that I learned the hard way was don't let your grades dip or else it will be hard to get them up with a week leftin the quarter. In the 8th grade I would like to have straight As for at least 3 quarters

For next year's 7th graders, I would say to think before you talk and don't make people angry. This is from personal experience.

International Towne was okay in my opinion. I did, however, learn a thing or two. I learned that newspapers sell well and that being a Finance Minister isn't that hard. If I could have changed anything it would be the breaks. They were really short so you didn't have time to do much. I thought that the best part was lunch because I was really hungry that day.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 02:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

The world history fair wasn't so bad. World history influences our lives today because it informs us of how people solved problems and tells of different cultutes. My guiding question was "How did Julius Caesar earn respect?" I learned that he did a lot more than just win many battles. He also was a very liked politician.

I learned some new things by looking at other people's displays. I learned that gladiators were mostly slaves and that you could make a gladiator helmet out of a hockey helmet. Something interesting I learned was that in colosseums, they would fill it up with water and have battles on boats in the water. This told me that Romans had some amazing architecture and irregation.

Article posted May 2, 2012 at 12:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

Seedfolk isn't a bad book. The format is kind of confusing for me because it is always jumping from one story to another. I am hoping that it eventually goes back to the same character. My favorite character is Kim because she is the one that started the whole garden idea. I think that the idea of the book is about people coming together. No matter what their race is. I think that the activities have been pretty fun. My favorite has been painting the rock. Why? I don't know it just is.

My topic for the WHF if Julius Caesar. He changed the world by changing the way the world saw military war tactics. So far I've learned that Julius Caesar had more victories than you could count and that he was so respected, he got offers that no Roman had ever been offered before. So far on my project, I haven't gotten much done for my trifold. I have it planned out but don't have everything I need for it. It is the same for my 3D part of the project. Other than that my project has been coming along pretty good.

Music can define someone. Literally. Maybe not that person entirely but how they feel. If they are listening to sad music for a long time, they might be seen as a sad person. If you listen to happy, upbeat music, you might be seen as happy. Some people might just use music to get out their emotions. When someone is sad, they might listen to sad music. Or they might listen to happy music to change their mood. Sometimes, music can be more than just instruments and singing.

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 51

Dissecting the chicken wing was pretty cool. I think we dissected it because we were learning about how the body works and mainly how the muscles worked. I thought that it was worth our while because it taught us a lot about muscles. I learned that if you pull a bicep muscle, it will pull the arm into a flexing position. I didn't really think much of the experiment though. It wasn't really fun. Partially because I didn't do much in it. I just wrote stuff down!

What happened to us

We were the best of friends

When we hit this brick wall

I don't know why

Or what I did

But I must have done something

To push you away

What happened to us

Why can't we talk again

What happened to us

When I saw the story of Ernest Green, I was surprised. If I were him I wouldn't have had the courage to keep on going to that school or watch my friends be constantly harrassed. Luckily, things have changed from back then. Now all races are allowed in any school. But there still is some racism left in the world. Some people dislike people for their color or just racial stereotypes. But at least it has changed still.