I've had an awesome time as a 7th grader this year. The teachers that I had were amazing. I know I will never forget team 743. This was my first year at Mountain Ridge and I'm really glad that I'm leaving as a happy 7th grader. I made lots of new friends and learned a lot. The thing that I learned the hard way is my World History Fair. It didn't turn out as good as I expected but, I did it. It was because I did it at the last minute. Honestly, it was easier then I thought. An advice that I would give out is, not to stress out about projects and things like this. It always turns out to be no big deal at the end. One thing that I would like to do next year in 8th grade is to enjoy it. Since I know people in this school now, I hope I could have a fun year with my friends. Well, I just really want to thank Mrs.Lubich, Mr.Howard, Ms.Kosters, Mrs.Gagnon, and finally Mrs.Marr. Even though Mrs. Marr came at the end she was still a very nice teacher. So, thank you for letting me have a great year and have a great summer!

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 01:45 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

International Towne was great. I didn't expect it to be that fun. I wasn't really looking foward to it but, it turned out to be awesome! I learned how to spend money wisely and learned about our country. If I were to change something I would change the lunch system. I didn't like to sit on the floor and eat. Other than that, it was all good. My favorite memory of International Towne was, being the customs agent. I enjoyed selling items from our country, meeting new people, and stamping their passports. I loved International Towne and I wish I could go there again!

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 01:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

My guiding question is: Why is Japanese calligraphy so significant?

World history influences our world by so much. World history is basically news from the ancient times into our time period. We wouldn't know that China first invented the abacus, the calculater. Which then, later people from around the world made into a self working calculater. I learned that Japanese calligraphy all started of in China.

All the 7th grade projects were amazing. It was very fun to go around the gym and look at all the 7th graders project. From one student I learned that Cleopatra was once together or in love with Julius Caesar.

I think the main idea about this book is probably about the community coming together by farming. Everyone so far in this book had something to do about farming. The charcter that I dislike so far is Ana. She ruined the little girl's plants because she thought the girl was up to no good. I think all the activites we did were very fun, especially because it took away from our class time! My favorite activity was Mr. Howards "recycled flowers." It was very fun. I wish we can do all the activites again.

My world history project is going pretty well. I need to start on my 3D model. I am almost finished with my poster board. It created change by helping the Japanese communitcate. My topic is about Japanese kanji. Kanji is a form of writing.

Article posted April 19, 2012 at 04:27 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

I'm am very excited for pajama day. I didn't know if this school was going to have one but, after I found out I was very happy. I think it's a great idea for us to pay $1.00 and get to wear our pj's well at least the bottems. I know a lot of people will participate which means the school is going to make money fast. $1.00 adds up very quickly especially with all the students in our school. I can't wait!

Article posted April 3, 2012 at 08:04 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 43

I think some of us had a great time in science. The reason why I say some is because not all of us actually touched the chicken wing. I thought it was half fun and half disgusting. I thought it was fun because we all got to come together as a group and have fun and laugh together. I thought it was worth while because we all got to learn a lot of new things. I learned that if a muscle is attached to a bone you can pull that muscle and the bone will move. This is what I thought of the chicken wing lab.

I wish....

I was an airplane flying

to where I want to go for

free and flying people to

their destination safely,

people stare with jaws

open and see how mighty

I am.

My reaction to the story was an angry reaction. They are being discriminated just because of their race but on the inside they were just like the rest of the other students. I would have not gone to that school if people would do that to me. I definetly would not have had the courage to go back to that school after what they have done. Espesially not to fight back. In the present, things have changed a lot. Mostly everybody these days accepts who they are and who others are, not depending on their race. Two examples of discrimination going on today is usually people who are not very skinny and people that are special ed. People always makes fun of them but in reality they didn't ask to be like that. That's just who they are and we need to learn how to accept that.