The quote that I have chosen is "When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

When happiness is no longer there

We look for other objects

That think makes us happy

But just because there is a smile on our face

Doesn't mean that's true happiness

No that's false happiness

You can't buy happiness nor receive it

But you have to feel it on the inside

This what I thought this quote meant to me.

Article posted February 27, 2012 at 03:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 60

In science we have been learning a ton! We're learning so much it's hard to cram it all in my head! It's been very fun doing the labs and partner work.Some of it was fun and some of it was just plain boring. But I liked how we all got a chance to look at different cells and organisms up close by using a microscope.If I could do this unit again I would probably would say yes.I wish every unit was like this!

Towards School

In the morning at 7:00 a.m Despite the sun beyond the glistening sea

Into the covers

To the couch

To the bathroom

Past the bed

Inside the car

Towards the school

Through the school doors

To the horrifying teachers To hear them talk

Until the ringing bell

Currently I am reading the book Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick.  It is a great book.  Steven  which is the main character is a 7th grade boy who has a brother that is diagnosed with leukemia. Now Steven has to figure out how to deal with his situation. The part I like about this book is that all the things in this book can actually happen. It has a lot of facts about the illness that Steven's brother Jeffery has. It is a great book and I would recommend it to people who don't like to read. 

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 04:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 89

Lately, a lot of people have been talking bad about the New York Giants and that they will be losing their games. But, they were all wrong. As a Giants fan I couldn't stand it so, when they won all their games that everybody said they were going to lose, I wore my jersey to show them who really is the best team. Today I was watching the Super Bowl and I know a man who bet $50 that the Patriots would win. Well that man just lost his $50 while I was jumping up and down celebrating the victory of the New York Giants. This was a great season and I hope the Giants will win again next season too.

Article posted January 31, 2012 at 05:21 AM GMT • comment • Reads 57

There are many "tools" that poets use. For example, figurative language, simile, metaphors, personification, hyperbole. Each one of these figurative languages can create a different emotion and mood. Another one could be imagination. What I've realized is that a lot of poets like Dr. Seuss and Shel Silverstien use imagination. Imagination can really make the story come alive and fun to read. There are a lot more "tools" but these were just two of them.

Article posted January 16, 2012 at 06:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 64

This new year I really want to make a lot of changes. One of them would be to read books. I don't like books at all. I only read them if I have to. I recently made a bet with my cousin to read 20 books from now to the end of the quarter. If I accomplish the books she picked out for me, I will get a prize up to $150 of whatever I want. My other goal is to study. My parents always bug me to study and it annoys me very much. So, I just want to do it on my own and hopefully they'll stop. I'll just have to wait and see what my grades will be after I read books and study a lot more. In conclusion these were some of my goals for the year of 2012.

This wiki project went pretty well in my opinion. I just wish we had a little more time so that people won't be so stressed out about it, like me. Working in a group was a little bumpy because you didn't know what was going on sometimes. For example, where the video was located. But, we figured that situation out. The communication went fairly well. We had a little miscommunication here and there but it all worked out. If I would have done something differently I would have communicated a little bit better with group and other than that everything was very good. What went well was we did an awesome job at finishing up our page. Our video is going great so far but, we just need one more person to record. I would keep our group the same and I would like to communicate differently next time. This was how my project went.

Article posted December 11, 2011 at 01:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 75

I don't really know a lot about Greece. So far I only know the basic information about our city-state. Our city-state is Corinths. I know that we are known for our bronze and we can't let the Athenians or Spartans beat us at anything we do. We can let the others beat us but never the Spartans or the Athenians. All we did so far in humanities was make our chants, make our symbols, get escorted by the men, earn points for our city-states, and learn to sing the greek alphebet.

Article posted December 3, 2011 at 06:49 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 53

I am very happy about winter break this year. I am very happy that it's longer than a week unlike my old school. I am very excited and happy because I don't have school, I get to spend time with my family, and I might go to California to visit a lot of my family members there. Over the break I get to spend a good Christmas and enjoy my birthday without worrying about school.I hope others will have a great Christams and a happy New Year. This is why I am very excited for winter break.

Previous Entries All Entries       All Titles Next Entries