It's finally the end of the year! I think 7th grade was a really fun time but filled with lots of drama. It was easy to do the in class work because it didn't take very long to do. It was harder to remember to turn in the homework. I learned that it's important to always get your work done on time. I also learned that its good to pick good people to hang around because they effect how you work. I would change the amount of homework that we had to do because sometimes we had alot. Something I'd ike to do in 8th grade is have lots of fun since it will the last year of middle school.

For next year's 7th graders, stay around people who like you for who you are and don't change yourself for attention or to get different friends.

International Towne was very fun. I think it was interesting to learn what it would be like to have to actually sell stuff. I learned that selling what you have may not always be easy because of people not wanting what you have and wanting something that someone else had. My country was close to the bank so we saw lots of people that we convinced to buy stuff from us. If I could change anything it would be the break times. I would make the break times longer so people wouldn't have to rush to buy stuff. I think the best part was serving as president because we got to wear the the funny wigs and decide if citizens were guilty or inoccent.

My guiding question was: Why was Ramses II such an important person? I learned that he was important because for one he was a pharaoh and that means he ruled over Egypt. Another thing is he made some very important decisions that impacted Egypt and he won some very important wars. He also made a peace treaty with another part of Egypt. I also found out that he was married to a lot of women and had lots of children.

Something I learned from other people’s projects is that some people put A LOT of work into something that wasn’t even seen very much and was only put up for an hour and a half. Some people who were very artistic or creative had very good 2D or 3D displays.

I think the big idea of the book Seedfolk is that people shouldn’t judge each other and get to know the people in their neighborhood and show that people can make a difference in each other’s lives. I liked mostly all the characters because they each have a different view about how they see the garden and the people and how they come to liking and looking forward to going to the garden and seeing the people. During the week we had to do several different activities. My favorite was in art because we got to make paper that had seeds in it. We also got to make pots and plant seeds in them, but mine fell apart. ):

Article posted April 19, 2012 at 03:21 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

My topic is why Ramses II was so important. I found out that during his lifetime several wars went on that he was involved in that were important. I also found out then he ended up ruling over all Egypt. My final research project is coming on along fine. It's going easy to answer my topic question. I'm looking forward to showing off what I've put together.

We dissected chicken wings before break for science class. I thought it was gross because the chicken wing was squishy and raw. I learned that there are lots of things in our bodies that connect to help us to move. In the chicken, when we had cut it open, we saw the two bones in the wing that moved the front part and a person in my group was moving them and it looked like the wing was kicking the air. It was very funny!

I was suprised that people treated black people so badly back then. Nowadays people aren't treated as bad and you see them mostly hanging around white people without a problem. I wouldn't have been able to stay as long as the rest of The Little Rock Nine did and I think I would have left the first day and not have gone back because I would not have been able to deal with so many people acting so rudely to me. Things have changed because people now are okay with being around other people who are a different race.

Article posted March 9, 2012 at 03:50 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

Science has been really fun with learning about micro-science. Looking at the different cells under the microscope was probably the best part because you got to see the cells moving around but it kinda sucked that we had to document everything right after we enjoyed seeing it.

Article posted February 9, 2012 at 12:15 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

I am currently reading a book called Extras by Scott Westerfeld for enrichment class. I have really been enjoying the book so far. I think it's exciting reading about the main character, Aya, and all the descisions she's deciding to make and the adventures she's getting along the way. It's a great book!