In Science, we have been learning about cells. Science has gone so far that we are able to see those cells in our own classroom. We have been learning the functions of a cell and the traits that give a cell it's name. Such things include the nucleus, mitochondria, golgi body, chloroplast, and even the cell wall. We know about anything that has to do with cells. We are doing more interactive things and getting some hands on learning experience. We have been doing many labs that give us a closer look at protists and bacteria. It takes a lot of work but it is interesting to see how they relate to a factory. Every time I walk in to Science know I know it will be fun.

Article posted February 21, 2012 at 01:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 66

In the lonely town of Santa Fe

For the beautiful girl on this very day

At 9 o'clock during the bitter chilly night

Before midnight without any slight sign of light

After sundown despite the awful cold

Until the beautiful blink of sunrise for rolling the dough

Within that bright pink polka-dot party house of my school pal

With a fun-filled awesome gal

Article posted February 21, 2012 at 12:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 86

Recently, I read In a Heartbeat by Loretta Ellsworth. Now, I am re-reading a series called The Bee-Theres by Lael Littke. I enjoy the book I am reading now, because it is very realistic and has some catching moments. Although, there aren't any manufctured anymore and it is old fashioned in some ways I really enjoy it. In this series there is a mix of problem and mystery and the plot is not "mushy" which makes it even better!

Article posted February 3, 2012 at 03:32 AM GMT • comment • Reads 63

I think a poet can use alliteration, personification, metaphors, similes, and imagery to paint a picture in your mind. I think when a poetry uses these things you understand the posem better and can see everything in your mind. I think another great thing a poet can do is to just express themselves and let out all the anger in them and it can inspire amazing thoughts and create amazing poems. Using these tools can really make your poetry interesting!

Article posted February 3, 2012 at 03:30 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 62

Recently, Felicity and I have starting going to each others houses every Thursday to scrapbook! It has been so much fun and we finally get to relax and do what we like. I cannot wait till' we really get good at scrapbooking and know a little more about it than we do now. Now that I have a job I can use some of my money to buy new tools and make my pages even better!

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 97

I think the quote by President Roosevelt, "Believe you can and you're halfway there," is saying that in order to get somewhere you have to believe in yourself and know that you can make it. I think that it also means that believing in yourself takes you halfway and if you don't believe you go nowhere. I could apply it to my own life because a lot of times I doubt myself and don't really believe in myself which is really getting me nowhere. It could change your attitude because you would be more optimistic and have a more positive out look on everything. It could impact the world because we would get more done and not as many people would be sitting at the couch because they are too afraid to do anything.

I am excited for many things this year and have set some goals to help me be ready for them. First, I want to journal at least once a week. Through Rachel's challenge and Mrs. Gagnon's influence I really think it is important to write what you have done and other things for people to read in the future. Next, I want to read a little bit more. Over 2012, I would guess I only read about 3-4 books all the way through. I don't like most books even though they may be "the best book ever." Most of them get too boring in the middle so I skip to the end. I am hoping this year to find things I am interested in. Finally, I want to be more physically fit and stronger. I already play soccer seasonally, but from gym class I cannot so very many push-ups and I want to runs faster mile and get in the national average. Hopefully this will improve my soccer skills and help my gut cramps to go away! I am excited to keep up with these goals!

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 12:21 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

I think the poetry wiki went well! I really like how our group works together well. It was pretty hard since we had people from Louisiana, but , it went alright. I think our communication was great considering it was over the web. We all got on regularly and were able to regularly answer questions of other people.I think we could have done our video first, then so our page. This would of helped us to finish the video faster and finish it all the way.Overall it went well.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 03:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 67

Greek is one of the most interesting things I have learned about in humanities. I think it is amazing how the Spartan women have the most rights of all the city states. It was also cool to learn about how the Trojan War all started because the girl went back to Troy and the Greeks were not happy. Part of what we learned was about the rankings. The top are the leaders. Then come Farmers and other men who work out in farms. Next are the women and children. Later come the people who were not born in the city state. Finally, come the slaves. I like the fact that people who are not born in the city state are lower.

Right now in humanities we are simulating this. We have groups and each group is a different city state. We all earn points for doing good things. At the end of each day we spin for our "fates." These are sayings form the gods that give or take away points. Recently we had to restart our points because someone erased it but it is going great! I love this unit so much!

Article posted December 5, 2011 at 03:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 85

I am so excited for our poetry project. In fact, I just got the message from out new partner from Luisiana. I don't know her but I am excited for her to join us in our project. I love the way we can use the wiki to talk to people and so I created one of my own with a friend and I love it, even though I accidentally logged into the poetry place and posted something on the wrong user. It is so much fun to work on the computer and create written assignments online! I can't wait for Language Arts now because I know it will be fun.

Previous Entries All Entries       All Titles Next Entries