In my point of view 7th grade was a roller coaster. I never knew what was going to happen next but all the loose ends were tied. I thought as a team we were very successful. We all knew how to get thing. I really liked the way our team teachers communicated and made sure everything was addressed. I think that some of us got lazy and didn’t get things done although we all knew how. I learned a lot on remembering to do things and writing things done. At the start of this year, I was really good at writing things done and then doing them right away. But, as the year progressed I struggled with writing everything down and doing it right away. Sometimes I lost sleep and I learned a hard lesson, but hopefully next year I won’t have that trouble. I plan to write everything down next year. I also plan to change my binders so that I only have 1-2 because it is hard to have so many different binders and keep track of them all. It is especially hard to take them all home. 

For the next year’s seventh graders I encourage you to always write things down and never procrastinate. (Put off) You will find that like me you might lose sleep because you put it off. I also encourage you to have a durable homework folder (not paper) so you do not have to take home each of your binders every day. You will find it is more efficient and light. I wish next year’s seventh graders good luck!

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 01:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

International Towne was the best ever! I thought it was a great experience to keep track of money and a good day to travel the world. I learned how to pay bills and hope to organize your country. I also learned about spending and keeping a budget of what you want to buy. I would change the location so that we had walls. There were a lot of crowds. I would make so there were ticket windows to exchange money for your product. I would also add more work to everyone, and if I could I would make a whole week long so that we could learn to save and spend more rather than just spending it all. The best part was when we were busy and I liked paying the bills and opening ceremonies. I really enjoyed this and hope that maybe we could do it again.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 01:29 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

Article posted May 2, 2012 at 03:22 AM GMT • comment • Reads 75

So far Seedfolks is okay. I really do not like the format because each time you get to a new character the same thing happens, they plant a garden in the lot. Although I have not finished, I wish that it went back to characters to see what happens after they plant their garden in their point of view. I think it is really about how you can start a poitive influence or chain reaction through a good example. Through a samll girl the whole community can be changed. I really liked the first character, Kim. She was very brave to start it out and believe in herself. Although precatious she kept moving forward.

As far as the various activites they were really fun. I enjoyed each one. For most of them I wished that I could have had more time because I really enhjoyed it and felt presurred to finish. I am glad they decided to do that though because we had more time and got to participate in every activity!

Article posted May 2, 2012 at 03:15 AM GMT • comment • Reads 123

My topic, Leonardo Da Vinci has showed me how the world changed through him. Although he created all these things and advanced on to the future, we do not acknowledge hime very well. All of his models and sketches were those that inventions today are based on. I especially liked seeing how his inventions were so close to those today. I also liked seein how he had so many talents. I found out that before he was famous for painting he first sung and played a modern-like violin. Then, later on he created inventions and even later painted. The World History Fair is already over but I thought it went well. I wished I would have started earlier on my 3D project so I could have used water but after many tries it didn't work. It amazes me to see how his worked and mine didn't. I'm proud of my finished product and hope the rest of the year goes well.

Article posted May 2, 2012 at 03:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

I am from bandages, from Band-Aids and love. I am from the family romm fire place (warm and cozy) I am from the raspberry bush, the red and luscious plant. I am from the Candy Bar Game and singing around the campire.

I am from the teasing and kindness, from "time for dinner" and "clean-up time" I am from that sweet sweet place with its tall steeple and green grass. The place with nice people and inspirational lessons,one of the places that holds my memories.

I am from Colorado Springs, juice and Ricolas. From the stapled toungs and sliced leg. I am from those scrapbooks that hold those I love most, and the moments beyond them that took my breath away.

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 03:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

As a band class we have been practicing hard to go to the festival. I cannot wait to be judged as a whole. In period 1 we are playing two songs, The Valley of Fire and Dedication, March and Celebration. I hope it goes okay and we do well. Wish me and the band luck!

Article posted April 3, 2012 at 03:10 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 61

We did play with chicken wings and it was very fun. We were practicing for the frogs so we wouldn't mess anything up. I truly enjoyed it, but I also want to become a doctor. It was definitely worth while, and honestly I would do it once a week in Science class. I learned that a muscle can still move a bone even when the animal is dead, all you have to do is push on it. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to another disection.

Article posted March 15, 2012 at 03:16 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

The movie we watched on Friday was powerful, although the whole time it didn't bother me because I knew that it was meant to happen. It was definitely not a mistake. If I were in that situation, I may have not been able to do it, but I would have pushed for it and made sure to pack some band-aids. To me it was amazing the people who were friends with them and what there parents would have thought. I liked the way they reacted and were care free. If the situation was bad like that I cannot imagine why anyone would care because there skin was different. Especially the parents, that was bad. The nerve they must have had. I think for me it would have been harder to be mean to them than be the one being picked on.

The world has changed in some ways as to the point is isn't as bad, but we still have that problem. If every kid would to ask themselves if they have ever been discriminated, I'm sure everyone has discriminated. But, even if they only did it once that is a lot when you add it all together. People really don't understand the difference a simple word does, even if it is sarcasm. The gossip now days is horrible. It is so bad, everyone spends so much time shopping for clothes and worrying about how they look too much. If people didn't discriminate we would have a much better world. You would be able to walk out the door and not even notice your shirt had a big stain and know that people didn't care. But not only that, also how smart you are or how popular. I haven't been accused of not being popular, but I know people who are. I walk through the halls and here names all over. Most times it comes from popular kids who think one girl is ugly or getting in their business.

Finally, texting. This is where it really is now. My mom always says, "don't text something you wouldn't tell to someone in person." People think they can get away with awful language and rude comments. It isn't right. Well, I could go on and on about the discrimination that goes on in this world. I choose to close by saying, the world could be better, it all starts with us. I encourage you to really commit yourself to Rachel's challenge and you'll find yourself "popular" for real.

“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Fun

Remeber everything about you

Inetersted in you

Everywhere you go

Never let go

Don't want to leave you hanging

Special in their own way

Frinds are what everyone needs to be that much better.