Article posted May 14, 2012 at 02:14 AM GMT • comment • Reads 61

The best part of I Towne for me was working. I LOVED my job. I was the currency exchange specialist in Singapore so I was always busy. I got bored of working near the end though but it always kept me busy and that’s a good thing because I was never bored. One thing I would change is a longer time. If we had a longer time we could have had longer breaks and longer breaks could result in people not having as much currency left over. Because I was the currency exchange specialist I got to see how much currency was left over and it was A LOT!!! I didn’t have very much left over because my mom was there and when my final break was over I gave her my left over currency and told her to go buy random stuff. It was fun looking through my bad on the bus ride home and seeing all the things she got me. She must have token my “go buy RANDOM things” seriously because most of the stuff she got was extremely RANDOM!!! If I learned anything from this experience it was that working is tough and you have to try your best to be successful.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 02:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 01:54 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

One thing I was surprised about was how so many people did the Leaning Tower of Pisa. It I remember correctly we were only supposed to do things we learned or were going to learn about. Well, Pisa is not in Rome and we only learned about Rome. This could also have been just our team but that confused me. Besides that everyone’s projects were marvelous. Some more than others and you could really tell when someone did it the night before.

World history influences our lives today by trial and error. When we make a mistake we try not to make it again and sometimes it’s exactly the opposite when we do something good we try to do it over and over again. Something I learned from my project that I never knew before was that the Pantheon is still used today. The most interesting part for me was the research. I loved finding out new things.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 01:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

My topic for the World History fair is Roman Architecture and my guiding question is how has Roman Architecture changed over time? Well I’m finished with my research and almost finished with my poster board and then I will be finished. I’m almost finished painting it and then all I have to do is paste the facts and other things I need on the board and then I will be completely finished. My mom tells me my board is beautiful but she is also my mother and she tells me things like that to bring make my spirits higher, so I can’t exactly trust her word but I hope it’s as good as she says.

I’m a country girl without the accent! My dad always says, “All you need are a good pair of cowgirl-boots and you would look like a brunet, brown-eyed Maranda Lambert!” Every time we hear a Maranda Lambert song on the radio he always lets me sing it! We have fun like that in my family. I even have a horse, (Seashells and I often shorten it to Shell) in Utah (where my dad lives) that I ride at my dad's house. The only horse I’m afraid of is my dad’s horse, Marco.

I can sing country too and have the accent and still sound wonderful. My mom is trying to encourage me to on The Voice© and be on Blake Shelton’s team (because he’s country) but I think I’m too shy to go on! I can sing anywhere from Luke Brian to Carrie Underwood and everyone else. I’m very terrified of singing to anyone but my mom, dad, and brother. My favorite radio station is 95.1 and my favorite country music artist is by far either Maranda Lambert or Blake Shelton. Ha, that’s kind of funny because they are married!

Country is my life. I listen to it every possible second! To give you an idea of how much I love it I’ve never listened to modern music voluntarily and I never plan to. My ipod is filled with country too!

All in all, I love country music, it is my life and I never plan on changing that!

Article posted April 3, 2012 at 01:31 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

About two weeks ago we dissected a chicken wing. It was torture for me! I have nothing against dissecting it but I was incredibly grossed out!!! If I wasn’t a vegetarian maybe I wouldn’t have been so grossed out, but I was. Anyway, I think we did this dissection to show how complicated the human body is and how compacted so many little things get in a small space. I do NOT think it was worth while but I guess in many ways it could be. In my opinion I thought it was pointless! Not to be negative or anything and don’t get me wrong I love science (some reasons more than others. For example I love taking notes and we seem to do that a lot in science) but I don’t like this unit I never did ever since second grade I ALWAYS found it pointless, boring, and gross! Anyway, I didn’t really learn anything new, just things I’ve learned in previous years. With me being this grossed out with just the wing or “leg” (as it would be on a frog) I don’t think I will survive the frog=http://

Article posted April 3, 2012 at 01:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

!You! 

Love cannot be healed.

That is why I keep my lips sealed.

But without you

My heart will would split in two.

You will never want me

So maybe this just isn’t meant to be.

I believe in forecast for the weather,

But not when we are together.

But when you leave me…

…you will see

I love you

And you should love me too.

My whole world spins,

Maybe all im doing is making more sins.

I will never change the way I feel

Even after a meal.

One plus one is two…

…and all I can think about is you!

Ernest Greene

OMG!!! I loved that movie!!! It was so great!!! I felt really bad for the students that were part of The Little Rock Nine because everyone excluded them except for a few students. The one thing I don’t get is why people need to be cruel to people who are not exactly the same as you. I mean, everyone was human I don’t see why we need to judge people on the color of their skin. Here is one example I used when I told my family about this movie… “It’s like Sadow and `Noflake (my dogs) they are the same species and they are exactly the same kind (miniature schnauzer) but `Noflake is white and Sadow is black but they get along just fine.” I wish our world would be like that. If I were stuck in a situation where I either had to follow the crowd because it’s easier or stand up for what I believe in even if it isn’t popular I would stand up for what I believe in. I’m unique I do things others wouldn’t have the courage to do. I can and will argue for what is right. Like for example when we have nachos at lunch and we will argue if it is real cheese or not, two of us will think it’s real and two of us will think it’s plastic. I will stand up for what I believe in. I think our world would be on its way to a better place if people weren’t so racist. One reason I think this is because there might be someone who owns a store or something like that, and there might be someone who is colored. Let’s pretend the person who owns the store isn’t colored, but the person applying for a job at that store is colored. The applicant went to an interview did really well and was going to get the job but the only problem is, is that the person who owns the store is racist and doesn’t hire colored people. I don’t know, maybe our economy would have more jobs or something like that I’m not sure. No matter how mad the Little Rock Nine got I would still encourage them to not fight back and to keep going because once they got out of the school they would be over with it. They would never have to turn back. I would advise them to not listen to what the other students told them unless it was something nice, to not pay attention to what everyone else is doing to offend you. They would have gotten through the school much better if they could do that but I’m sure it takes lots of patience and self control to do that. Also it is probably very difficult to do that. One more thing I need to know. I cried in the movie did anyone else?!

First of all, there are many quotes that “speak” to me. I even keep a quote journal and write quotes down that I really enjoy or like. I’ve kept this journal since I was VERY little like 2 or 3 I think. Anyway one of my FAVORITE quotes of all is: “Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense.” ~~~ Mark Overby. I like this quote because it is very true. But the quote that speaks out to me the most is: “Every day is a gift that is why they call it the present.” ~~ Unknown.

When everyday you get a new gift.

You wouldn’t be able to choose.

No, not to be swift.

Then it would be this privilege in which you lose.

When everyday is new,

One never the same as before.

Since you were born you grew.

This is not something to ignore.

When everyday you are in the present.

You are no longer in the past.

This should surly be an event

And this is built to last.

When everyday is sure to have a tomorrow,

When you die is not the end

So don’t be filled with sorrow.

You will still have a friend.

When everyday for the rest of forever

You will be in Heaven,

It will never let you go no not ever.

And you still haven’t liven.

In science we are learning about cells. We used microscopes and we looked at different types of cells in it. Some cells we looked at were: animal, plant, and protest. We also took the DNA out of strawberries. That was really fun but for me it was REALLY gross!!! How we took the DNA out of strawberries was we took a strawberry. Put it in a plastic Ziplock baggie with a little bit of water and smashed it. Then, we got just the liquid parts out and we put soap in it. After that, we stirred the soap and strawberry “juice” together. Then you took some cold alcohol and put it in with the soapy strawberry “juice” and we had to make sure that the alcohol was put in VERY slowly so it wouldn’t just mix together. Lastly, we watched the DNA float up and we took it out with an eye dropper thing. We ended up putting it in a plastic cup in the sunlight so it would evaporate and Mrs. Kosters said that we would do something with it later. One other thing we did was take a test on cells. That is about all we did in the past few weeks in science class.

The books I’ve been reading lately are mostly vampire books, but my friend made me read this one book called Waterfall by Lisa T Bergren and I think it is very good. I’m not quite done with it yet so I guess I’m still reading it but it is where this one girl named Gabriella and her mom, and sister go to Italy and her mom finds a tomb. Anyhow they get trapped in ancient Italy. Not the mom just the two sisters I like this book because I’ve been to Italy and I kind of know what they are talking about. It also helps that I’ve been to most of the places they talk about in the book. Another book I’m reading is The Vampire Diaries the Awakening by: L. J. Smith. I found the TV show first and when I found out there was a book series I said “Oh man, I’ve got to read these!!!” I was so happy. Okay, well I’ve also read other books but they aren’t as interesting as the others I’ve recently been reading or that I’m reading now (in my opinion). Here is a list of the books that I have read in the past month and a half: Immortal by: Gillian Shields, The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer (for like the 100th time ), I’m also writing a book called Vampasy it’s not finished yet so I have to read through it multiple times to make sure all my grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. is correct if that even counts. All in all I’ve read Vampire books, Waterfall, and some other books as well.

Some poets have the power to change the way people look at the world. Some have the power to entertain people when they read their poems. Others have the power to change and/ or influence our lives. Some might ask how they do it or why they do it. Personally I think they try to entertain people because they like to see people smile and laugh, but, when they try to change and/ or influence our lives I think it is to get them on their “side”. (Example: elections) I also think poets try to change the way we look at the world because they want us to see the brighter side of life and to not always look on the down side of everything. Some “tools” they might use to get any one of these things to happen are: experience, nature (they might look at something and write a poem on it), they could use facts to get our minds wrapped around the idea that [someone] is better, or they could use something silly like dreams to help them. All in all poets use many things to get us to do many different things.

My favorite quote out of the five choices is “Believe you can and you’re half way there.” Theodore Roosevelt. I like this quote because I think it is true,if you don’t believe that you can accomplish things that you want or have to do you are NEVER going to get it done. For example: if you wanted to get into an arts based college, and you are in band but you want to quit, because you got 2nd chair when you used to have 1st chair, you’re never going to get into that college, because you didn’t believe in yourself and you quit band. Also, when you don’t think you can do anything you never try, or if you do it is very rarely, so you will never get the chance to try it and you might not ever get to do it. This could make an impact on the world because we could try new things and get more things accomplished, that we never knew could be possible. We could find out new teconologies and find different cures for cancer because we tried and belived we could. This quote could be used to change someone’s attitude by telling them they can try to do something they don’t think they can do and they can either do it or most likely be happy they tried anyway. I could apply this quote to my own life because I don’t like to try new things. I like to stick with a routine and not try anything new and I’m afraid of change. If I could just listen to this quote more often I could try and learn more things. I think that Theodore Roosevelt’s quote means that when believe you are become half way there by believing you can and going for the shot because if you do NOT think you can you’re NEVER going to get to your goals and things that you want to do. All in all like this quote because it is true and encouraging.

Article posted January 17, 2012 at 01:35 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

My goals for 2012 are very simple but I have a few more then I did last year. These are just my most important goals. Goal #1: I want to try harder in school. I think I try my hardest in school already but I think I could push myself a little harder. Goal #2: I want to get 1st chair in band. I’m getting there I am third chair out of ten chairs. (That is a good thing if you don’t know what I’m talking about.) Goal 3: Last but not least, I want to get my opened-holed flute as soon as possible. (So I have a better chance at getting first chair.) All in all those are my most important goals for this year and most likely I’m going to accomplish them.

Article posted January 17, 2012 at 01:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

I enjoyed the wiki very much. A little more time would suffice though. I thought that the amount of time we had to complete this project was a little harsh. I also understand that we ran all the way up till winter break for this project but instead of letting us have more time after break you should have had us start earlier.

I loved working in a group this way but there were some errors in this process. With my wiki anytime I would try to add something to the wiki it would have deleted everything my group had already accomplished. We had to make a new one and we had to start completely over. If there was a way to fix that I would do that for next year.

I think that when we talk through the blogs on the wiki it was a little weird because of the way we have to type and send and open the new messages. I think that if it were more like when you type something and post it so you can see all the conversations that were going on without having to click and possibly forgetting what the other one said. That way I guess would be like “IMing”.

The thing that went well for my group was the video. Even though I think it sounds weird when all the people talk in it, it still goes smoothly.

All in all I would change a few things but I loved the experience even though there were some rough patches along the way.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 01:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

GREECE!!!

I don’t know much about Greece YET, but I hope to find out more as we go along in this unit!!! As little as I do know I know that the Greeks believed in many Gods and Goddesses. I also know that they started the Olympic Games; there games included silly things like tongue-twisters as well as many other things.

Our class is doing a lot of weird things (or at least I think they are weird) like being escorted into and out of class. I guess I hate it because I’m a girl and I can no longer be the first to class but, one advantage I do have is the fact that I have Mrs. Gagnon as my enrichment teacher so I don’t have to be escorted out of class. (I’m soooo lucky!!!!) One thing I do like though is the points we receive and lose. I think it is a good concept and an easy way to get a good grade! All in all the unit of Greece is weird but VERY interesting.

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 06:08 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 46

I like Twilight. I know many people don’t like it but I love it!!! I’m on Team Edward but I also know that everyone else hates him which makes me sad but its fine. Anyway I just felt like typing about something I liked. I have not YET seen the new Breaking Dawn part 1 but I was supposed to see it on the premier but then my mom changed her mind last minute. It made me very disappointed. I often talk about Twilight to my friends and they tell me that I’m obsessed but they say obsessed like it’s a bad thing. I’m also having a birthday “party” it’s really a sleep-over/ hang out day because there is only going to be three girls there. Anyway the theme of that “party” is going to be Twilight!!! You pretty much get the point, I LOVE TWILIGHT!!! (sorry to the people who don’t like Twilight)

Article posted November 12, 2011 at 07:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

It’s a Mystery

I have to say that the BEST mystery I’ve ever read was The Speckled Band by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I liked this book because of its story line. I really like the characters, the animals, and the setting of this story. I really like red hearings but sadly I didn’t really find that many of them in this short story. I suppose I also like all the Sherlock Holmes books so that probably has a conflict with why it is my favorite mystery as well.

I will try to create a good starter for a mystery, but, there are NO promises it will be great. So here it goes.

As I was in my room typing a blog for homework I was interrupted by a great, loud, sobbing, cry. I got up and I headed down the stares down to where the sound was coming from. I was shocked to see that it was my mother.

“What’s the matter?” I questioned her. I could tell that she couldn’t make out words because of how much she was crying but she had enough strength to point. My brother had gone missing. Supposedly my mother had called all my brothers’ friends houses and he wasn’t there either. He couldn’t just get up and leave the house he was too scared to do that. At this point I had started crying too.

“Mom,” I asked “do you remember when we lost shadow?” (Shadow is my black dog that looks a lot like my profile picture.)

“Yeah,” She answered.

“Well someone came to us with her even though she didn’t have her collar. He will come home he is too afraid to not come home.” I suggested.

“I suppose we could take a rest,” she agreed.

We had travelled back home and we jumped into my mom’s bed only to find it was the morning of the next day and we had slept the whole night. Suddenly we heard a noise much like my brother’s football game for the XBOX 360. We rushed down stairs. To our surprise he was there!!!

“Where did you go? We were so worried.” my mom stated.

“I didn’t go anywhere,” he answered.

“What???”

“Mom he didn’t go anywhere he was in the attack you can tell because he left it open!!!” I answered her question.

But how did he get up there, where did he really go, and what is he not telling us???

Okay I know that wasn’t very good but I guess it works.

Article posted November 8, 2011 at 03:07 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

In my Hummanites esay I think my strongest paragraph in my humanities easy was my introduction paragraph. So here it is.

We were left with question to wonder in our minds. Why do we remember? The answer is we remember because we learn from it. Sometimes we learn by remembering something that we did well or correct. Other times we learn from exactly the opposite and we do something bad and remember it to eventually make us learn from it. I have many things I remember that I learned from and so does everyone else in America.

Well, there you have it, my introduction paragraph from my humanities easy. It is so simple but yet so meaningful my easy is. I think this is my strongest paragraph because it is the only one without an experience in it. I also put a lot of work into it. All in all that was my strongest paragraph in my Why Do We Remember easy.

Article posted November 2, 2011 at 02:55 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

Blogging

Honestly I don’t really like blogging. Sure we get to use the internet but I would rather hand write it. I’m one of those people that have trouble figuring out how things work on the internet. For example I just figure out how to send attachments on my email and I’ve had it since third grade.

I would also have to say that I do like blogging about the “fun” stuff like: seven random facts, your pick, etc.  I don’t care for the ones that you don’t have to read an article or answer weird questions such as in the blog “MATH??? HUH???” or other weird ones like that.

Blogging is also difficult for me because even though it is written in my planer it can’t be in my homework folder. Therefore I’m most likely not going to remember it until last minute. Sometimes I remember to do it on a Monday or Tuesday (like this one) because I’m on the computer doing other homework so I decide to do it before I forget.

I also think that it is unfair for us students to get a 50% if we mess up even a little bit. I personally use Word but sometimes it doesn’t catch the things like using the correct spelling but the wrong form of it. For example: their, there, there’re. We should be graded based on the number of things we get wrong. I understand a teacher’s point of view too. They have to look at 150 blogs and find all the mistakes and it takes time out of their day but I still think that we should be graded fairly on our blogs. Don’t you think that too???

As you can see I like blogging but I think I would like it better if we could manuscript it. (Hey look I used a spelling work!!! I seriously just noticed that!!! Bonus points!!! Just kidding.)

Article posted October 15, 2011 at 05:22 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

As you all probably know from last year I read a lot so I will only tell you the books I finished in the past month. I finished The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux. The Phantom of the Opera is a wonderful love triangle between a good guy and a bad guy and a beautiful soprano girl. The good guy’s name is Raoul and he is a spoiled rich kid. The bad guy is The Phantom (his real name is Erick.) Last but not least the beautiful girl is Christine Daee. The Phantom loves Christine so much he would kill for her. He has been stalking her since the day she came to live in the opera house and his plan to marry her is going well until her lover Raoul comes to live there as well. While Christine thinks Erick is her Angel of Music she starts to fall in love with her other lover Raoul. The Phantom is very unhappy so he brings her to his not at all lively world beneath the Opera House. She tries to make herself believe that she is in love with The Phantom but really she doesn’t want to live the lonely life he lives so she tries to be with her true lover Raoul. (That is just one of the books I just recently read.) Some of the other books I recently read in the past month were A Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne, Spying in High Heels by Gemma Halliday, and The Call of the Wild by Jack London. I’m recently reading three books: Thirst No. 1 by Christopher Pike, Matched by Ally Condle, and Cryptic Cravings by Ellen Schreiber. Thirst No. 1 is a vampire book. It is about a vampire named Alisa who is five thousand years old and she drinks human blood but doesn’t kill. Her quest leads her to a boy named Ray and he is a human. Alisa ends up falling in love with this boy. There are four books in this series and this book is the first of them, there are also three books in this book I am only on the second book of this book. Matched is a book were the officials who you love, where you work, and when you die. Cassia is the main character of this book and when she decides to finally get her match (the person you end up getting married to) she ends up getting matched to her best friend. But before the screen that shows your match goes black (because her match is in the same town as her) someone else flashed on the screen. Now she needs to make a choice between Xander and Ky and between perfection and passion. And last but not least Cryptic Cravings. This is another vampire book about Alexander and Raven. Alexander is a vampire who lives at the top of the hill in the “haunted” mansion. In the first book of the series Raven a human girl who has dreamed of being a vampire since she was little meets Alexander when she sees him in the first book. This is book number eight in the Vampire Kisses series. All in all I read a lot of good books and I love to read and wish to keep doing so.

I loved the field trip we went on!!! It gave me a chance to meet my locker partner and now we are best friends!!! My favorite part of the field trip was free time right before we got on the busses to go back to school. I liked this time because my locker partner and I just laid out coats on the grass and laid on them. We started to talk about the most random things we could think of. We called what we were doing “tanning” because we were just lying in the sun doing nothing but talking. That was my favorite part of the field trip. My favorite activity was Mr. Howard’s camouflage Hide and Go Seek game. I also learned the most in this activity. I learned that animals can blend in with their surroundings. Of course I already knew most of the stuff we learned but my knowledge just built up with the way Mr. Howard explained it.

Article posted September 23, 2011 at 02:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

Well, first of all I have to mention that the guy is an idiot and there is no mathematical explanation for being an idiot! A mathematical response as to what they did wrong is on the adding they added up the threes and then the ones WITH the ones… they didn’t count them separately like they are supposed to do. With the division they save the two for later and they’re not supposed to do that and they ended up getting the answer the fat guy wanted to get. Finally, the multiplication when wrong when the fat guy wanted to put twenty- one below the line instead of putting the one below the line and putting the two above the seven, then they added eight because seven times one is seven. All in all it is the wrong answer but it works.

Another number that works is 14 into 25. I figured this out the same way that they did in the video but with different numbers. I had to try it with a few numbers though to find 25.

Article posted September 13, 2011 at 03:14 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

Funniest Thing I think that the best thing that ever happened to me was when I had a sleepover with my best friend (I can’t tell you her name) and we were watching the 2004 version of The Phantom of the Opera and we got “toefue” on Strawberry Pop tarts. Weird images popped in our mind that made us laugh like crazy!!! (I can’t tell you what the images were because she might get mad at me, just the risk of friendship.) One time that night she had to take me into my basement because it was super funny and she thought I would laugh so hard that I would wake up my brother and my mom. She could barley tell me her image because she was laughing so hard. Now we have a little inside joke saying “beep-beep” which reminds us of that one image and we laugh out loud!!! Another inside joke saying is “IL chante ha, ha, ha!!!” (He sings ha, ha, ha!!!) Well anyway that was the best night of my life!!!

Article posted September 13, 2011 at 03:03 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 89

Rachel’s Challenge

I thought it was touching because so many people died. What I don’t understand is why they picked Rachel and not one of the other twelve that died. They could have been special too. Anyway when people cry I usually cry so that is what made me cry in the assembly. I think the assembly was worthwhile because it was a different thing I mean didn’t it change to Rachel’s Legacy??? Well, when I was attending the assembly I thought of all the people I knew that died (in my family) so I think that is another reason I cried.  All in all thought it was worth wile.

Article posted September 1, 2011 at 03:59 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 41

7 Things about ME

1. I like to read.

2. I have two dogs.

3. I like school.

4. I love The Phantom of the Opera.

5. I have a brother.

6. I’m a good student.

7. I’m organized.