I think that world history fair influences our lives because it sort of shapes who we are and who we become. We learn a lot from other cultures and we sort of take what they are good at and we apply it to our everyday lives and maybe sometimes we even inspire others to do the same. I learned a lot of things about my topic which was Chinese food and I also learned a lot about Chinese dining and the Chinese people's strange customs like they don't drink anything during meals because they drink tea during most of the day and the only liquid they do have during meals is something like soup or stew.

The world history fair was a great leaning opportunity. I learned about a lot of things but I liked learning about the trojan horse and the plan behind the horse and why they started the Trojan war shich was ostarted because of a stupid girl that decided to run away with another prince. I also really liked looking at other people's musem displays. My guiding queston was how did ancient Chinese inspire today's modern food? I learned that it was mostly just tradition and people passing down things that had been passed down to them for years. I also learned that rice was the first grain farmed in China. I had a lot of fun with this project and I hope I do something like this next year

I think that this books so far is okay but I don't really like it not because of the story or anything but because I don't like the setup of the whole story and how it goes from person to person. I think that the character changing gets really confusing. I think that the main point is that yeah some people are judgemental and make assumptions but if we all come together and do something that won't matter of what other people said about eachother because we all end up helping eachother out at one point or another. I don't really like any of the characters more than the others because it is predictable on what they are going to later on. I did like the character Curtis because I think it's funny how he is really cocky and then he finds a girlfriend named Lateasha and then later on in their relationship Lateasha sees Curtis with a girl on his arm and then she pretty much shuns Curtis. Later on in the story Curtis and Lateasha are still not together but Curtis decides that he finally want a wife and Lateasha wants a husband and so Curtis sees everyone planting things in the empty garbage lot; and he remembers that tomatoes are Lateasha's favorite adn so he decides to plant some and then makes a sign that says Lateasha's tomatoes and then one day he sees her peeking out from behind her curtains at him planiting the tomatoes. I sort of like Seedfolks but sometimes it is still really confusing. I am really excited to do the activity in Mr. Howard's class and make a metal flower as well as plant tomatoes in science.

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 12:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

My topic for the world history fair is ancient chinese food and how it inspired today's modern chinese food like what we eat. I have learned a lot like that rice was the first grain farmed in China, and that the Chinese people weren't introduced to bread until 1200 A.D. and that they hadn't been intoduced to wheat until about 5 or 10 years before. I think that my research and writing my paper has gone well but my question is sometimes a little bit hard to answer because I find different information that would be really useful if only my topic is a littl e closer to that than what it is at now. I don't know if I am ready, I still have a lot of preparing to do and getting pictures. The thing that I am the most nervous about is my musem display because I am still not quite sure what to make; I have an idea but I am not completely sure if that is what I want to do. I think that the World history fair has provided some stress on everyone because we all really want to get a good grade because this is one of the biggest projects of the year so there is a lot of pressure. I hope that my project especially my musem display turns out well. I am planning on making something like clay potstickers and rice balls for my musem display.

Article posted April 12, 2012 at 02:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

This last quarter has been so crazy for my friends and I. We have a lot of projects due and we have a lot oof drama going on all around our school. I am really enjoying doing our persuasive speech because my topic is realy funny. I am researching beauty pageants and my more in depth topic is puttin toddlers and little kids in beauty pageasnts.

I have a question and I was hoping that all of you guys will help me out with this.

Do you think that parents should put their kids ten and under in beauty pageants and why?

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 09:57 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 57

I had so much fun disecting that chicken wing in science. We did it it to look at the muscles and to learn about joints. I think that the hardest part about disecting the chicken wing was cutting the skin off because it was really tough and gooey! I think that it was worth while because I will remember the joints mostly because everyone smelled like chicken after it was pretty gross.

Red is the feeling of warmth in your cheeks when you get embarassed

It is the knowing of something wonderful that makes you want to smile and jump

Red is the taste of the best steak you have ever had

It is when your friends know how you are feeling and they know what to do

Red is the sound of people being together and having fun

It is the feeling of your favorite shirt or shoes

Red is the color of that super cute new bikini you got from Volcom

It is the sound of people partying and singing, maybe even dancing

Red is the appreciation for life and everything in it even when it's bad

It is the experience of maybe having a borken heart but moving on

Red is the single thing that makes you who you are and that makes you different from everyone around you

Dreams seem like they take a lot of time

They are only seconds and minutes

When you wake up from dreams you are happy

When I wake up sometimes I cry

I cry because of good dreams, I know they won't happen and it sends me to tears

You can dream about a party with sparkles and glitter

You can be a huge destructive monster truck

I think you can be anthing because after all they are yours

When you wake up though, that's when you can make your dreams happen

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 02:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

I think that this story is absolutely amazing because the 9 African American students that were brave enought to go to the school marked a day in history. They were later known as the little rock nine. My reaction to the movie was that I was appalled by the way that the white people acted towards the 9. They did everything they could to get rid of them but the 9 were brave and stayed. I think honestly I would have fought back because I can't stand when people are so rude like that. I think that the 9 are all admirable because they stood for something and that basically started a chain reaction. Even though one of the nine left part of the way through I still think they all deserve to be recogninzed of being a part of something that changed the world and how we view other people. I also think that Ernest Green is very amazing being the first African American student to graduate from Central High; an all white school. I also admire Ernest Green because he was committed the whole way through even though he wanted to give up sometimes. Today people are more "color blind" and aren't as racist. People learn to be racist usually from their parents because their parents say what is right and what is wrong and what they say we do because they trust us and love us. When we are young we rely soley on our parents to tell us what to like and what not to like so we trust and reluy on them for every single thing. People fight for so much and are determined and when they think they are going to do something they stick to it and they stay with it while others just give up. Mr.Green inspired many other African Americans to follow their dreams in getting a good education. I think that he also sort of inspires me because he kept to what he was doing and stayed strong during the whole ordeal so I admire him for his bravery and strength both physically and mentally.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss

I think that this is very important like don't be sad of what happened in the past but be happy that you were able to have that oppurtunity instead.

Crying makes you sad

It shows a small sign of weakness

Crying helps and hurts others and yourself

Smiling makes people happy

It makes them wonder why you are happy

You smile because of something good that happened

Crying can mean you were dissapointed with the results

Smile and cry maybe for the same reason but always be greatful and happy for what you did