I know about prokaryotes and eukaryotes and what they do and I also know about flagellums and how they help cells move. The worst part about learning about microbiology is reading out of the textbook and taking notes. I think that sometimes what we learn can be cool but science isn't exactly the subject that I'm the best at.

Around town by a silver gate

Beyond the bars lies your fate

Inside the doors lies a world

Beneath all the chocolate

Within a rasberry swirl

Near the oompa-loompas despite their size

Behind the chocolate waterfall among a group of kids Augustus Gloop cries

Inside the plastic tube he is stuck

Between rolls of fat

Beyond all that flab

Inside Augustus is crying for his dad

I have been and am still currently reading a book called You Can't Get There From Here by: Todd Strasser. This book is an amazing "collage" of teens who live on the street and have to do their best to survive from day to day.

I love this book because of the characters and this story tells the story of each person before they lived on the streets and how they dealt with everyday things like we do. I would recommend it to people who maybe are having a hrad time with life or who maybe just need to get their minds off of something.

Article posted January 31, 2012 at 10:32 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 51

I think bullying is a big problem at schools. No matter what you do someone always gets bullied and ends up getting hurt often times emotionally because of something someone said or did. I think a lot of times at our school it's like if a girl like a guy or a guy like a girl and one them asks eachother out and they get rejected, somehow half of the school ends up hearing about it. I think that happens to girls a lot and some of them just want to dissapear I'm sure it happenss to guys as well but I have first hand experience. I would like to stop gossip before it spreads and a person feels like suicide or dying is their only way to solve their problems. Stop gossip before it stops a heart.

I think that for me the most important element in poetry is rhythym. I think that rhythym is importannt because you get more of what the feel for the poem is because the rhythym is sort of like a song just with a deeper meaning.

I think another important element is rhyme because it makes the poems fun and more entertaining.

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." Dalai Lama

I picked this quote because I think that really just means that showing that you care about something or someone doesn't mean that you are a weak person.It means that you are strong and brave enough to care.I think that this applies to my life by like when I play sports I play to win and I also play to have like good sportsmanship and be able to help people willingly not because I was asked or told to. I think that this could change the world because with this everyone learns how to tolerate eachother with a better understanding of them or that person, or country even.

My goals for 2012 are to work on my sking because I go sking nearly every single weekend. I would like to be able to ski moguls as fast as my brother and get a 180 by the end of the year. I would also like to work on being nicer to people this year and changing my attitude towards others and I think those goals are life goals in a way as well. I have another goal to become a good volleyballl player because it's something I love.

I think our poetry wiki went pretty well. I thought it was kinda cool working with someone from a different state, even though we didn’t meet them I think you can learn a lot about them just by their work ethic. I think we were to not worried about getting the video done though we should have been. Our video was done in like the last four or five days. The thing that went the best for our group was the facts and all the information. I think that if I did this project again that I would have planned more in advance for the video. Mrs.G and Mrs. Lubich could maybe give the students next year more time to work on the wiki.

Life grrrr it could mean so many things to some people but for me it just means another "interesting" day. So much goes on in my life and my friends lives to. I think that sometimes we just want to dissapear because of something we or someone else said or did. I know I get that feeling all the time but nothing ever changes and I wish life was so much easier for everybody and well nothing happens. :P

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 12:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

Greece is pretty fun to learn about and here's what I know about Greece.I know about Alexander the Great and I think he fell in love with Cleopatra. I hope I just didn't get my stories mixed up. I also know that Sparta and Athens were in a war for 30 years and Athens surrendered.

I am in the group of Athens in the yellow class. I only won by an arm, wrestle against this guy in my class so hahaha girls can have muscle! My group has this really cool chant, it's like the little chant from the Green Lantern. My group also wears the color purple like we have purple rings and bandannas!

Previous Entries All Entries       All Titles Next Entries