I have been reading a book called Schooled for Battle of the Books. So far, I think it's a pretty good book. I like the author's writing style because he gives detail but not so much that it's boring. I also like the plot because it is interesting to see a kid that was home schooled and how he transitioned to a public school. Personally I would never want to be home schooled and especially not by my grandmother like the main character, Cap was in the book. In the book, Cap's grandmother seemed pretty cool and they got along and he liked being home schooled. Cap and his grandmother live in a hippie community. His grandmother had an unusual name. I wondered why someone would name their daughter Rain. But, there are some bad things about the book. Like how it gets told from a different point of view or a different student in every chapter. I think it gets confusing because their lives are all connected to the same public school but sometimes I don't really get what it's saying. Besides that I think it's a pretty good book and I want to see how the story continues and ends. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I cut and pasted the Blog that I decided to comment on. I spent a lot of time looking for something that I could comment on. I chose the Blog below because I liked the 7 Random Facts Assignment and Prof. McG's class did it too. I liked it because it was fun and you got to be creative. Here is what I commented on her Blog site: I like how you did the 7 Random Facts too. We did this assignment in my Language Arts class and I thought it was fun and I thought it was fun the way you did it. I agree that it is a good way to learn about others and make connections. I thinks it's fun the way you have online nicknames. Random Facts Dearest Dragons and the World! I love this assignment. 7 Random Facts gives us a chance to look for connections all around the world. We post 7 things about us, everybody else posts 7 things about themselves...we go around the world and leave comments! It's supposed to be fun and supposed to teach us how to leave appropriate comments with other classes around the world. You will need to sign your comments with your online nickname and leave a hyperlink back to your blog. (Please do not fill in your email address.) So now....we wait. We wait until the other classrooms have posted their 7 Random Fact assignments, then we start our search! Love, Prof. McG from MyDragonBlog.com

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 10:19 PM • comment • Reads 44 • see all articles