I thought the experience was fun and everything was so organized. I liked it. I learned that some things you do when your young, usually wont end up happening when your older because your more immature when your younger than when your older.If I could change anything, it would probably be the size of the room because the thing was pretty small. If I could I would make the room bigger. The best part was the sodas, the slushies, and the flowers from Mexico and Costa Rica. Thats what I thougt about International Towne.

My World History Fair project is coming along and the fair went well I think. I was happy with my final product. I also thought my 3D part was decent. World history is a fun subject to me and the whole experience with the World History Fair was fun for me! I liked it.

Guiding Question- What kind of weapons and armor did gladiators use and how did it effect Ancient Rome?

I learned that gladiatorss get a sword or other hand held weapon and a shield, either for thrusting or raw protection, and net fighters got a trident and a net. Seems unfair to me but thats how it was in Ancient Rome in that time period. I also learned that the net fighters were usually either slaves or prisoners trying to gain their freedom by making a miracle come true.

From other peoples projects I learned that in the Ancient Roman army, they used a catapult to fire large or small boulders a far distance to crush enemies and destroy large buildings needed to break down so they could get past. A nother thing I learned is that Sumo wrestlers were a big part in china's history. Surprising right?!? The last thing that I learned was that Gladiators had the strongest army of their time. they conquered many Empires and expanded greatly. Those are some of the things that I learned at the World History Fair.

7th grade was fun but I had a few challenges. I had a lot of friends who helped me get through most of my challenges. When I go to high school I'm going to miss middle school and all of my friends. At least I'll be that much closer to being out of school. 7th grade RULES!!!

Article posted February 29, 2012 at 01:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

"And my fellow Americans:Do not ask what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.'' -John F. Kennedy.

I chose this quote because we help the country and in return, the country helps us. So does the president. Thats why I chose the quote,'' And my fellow Americans: Do not ask what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.'' -John F. Kennedy.

On the battlefield where soldiers fight for our country

Sacrifices have been made.

These soliders are unselfish

And pure to their leader.

They don't ask for anything in return.

And some give up everything.

They don't ask what their country can do for them

They ask what they can do for their country.

Article posted February 27, 2012 at 02:36 AM GMT • comment • Reads 32

Now that the Wiki group project is over, I think it  went well. Working in a group this way was sort of fun. Being in a group made it easier to work on the project even when I didn't want to. It made us more productive. The communication in our group wasn't that great but we still got it done. It wasn't good because when I replied to someone's message, they didn't always reply back very quickly. I think one way you could improve the project for next year is making sure all the team members reply quickly.

Article posted February 27, 2012 at 02:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

In Science class we've been learning about cells and what they do in a living body. Some cells are good but others can be bad, like cancer cells. We did an egg lab, where we measured the outside of the egg and put it in different liquids. This lab taught us about the cell membrane. The job of the cell membrane is to either keep things inside the cell or keep other things out. One thing I've learned that is really neat is how cells multiply. They kind of just cut in half but both new cells are the same as the original cell.

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 12:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Hunter Brown is a book I'm reading right now by the Miller Brothers. It is about a guy with a sword and he is always running around on adventures. But the sword is only the hilt, the blade is invisible. I like it because I like books that have a lot of action and adventure. That's the book that I'm reading.

Article posted February 3, 2012 at 12:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

I think it is important to make good decisions because making good decisions gets you more responsibility and trust from your family, friends and teachers, etc. I think people would probably like you better if you were more responsible. That is why you should make good decisions whenever you can.

Poets use figurative language, onomonopoeia, personification, assonance, they also use tongue twisters. I sort of like tongue twisters. Thats what poets use for poetic effect. Onomonopoeia is like "buzz" and "zoom". An example of personification would be like in "The Giving Tree." They made the tree seem like a person.

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 12:10 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

I chose the quote by Albert Einstein. I think he meant that you need to be curious and question things. I can apply this to my life because I do question things and I'm very curious. I should start questioning things more. I think being curious can make a positive change in someone's attitude because I think if people are curious and question, they can learn more about themselves and other people. If people all around the world knew more about each other, maybe we would all get along better.

My goals for 2012 are to be on task in school more because so far that has been a little bit of a problem. I really want to play basketball and get my grades up. My goals will involve change because I'm not really good in school but I want to be. I am good at basketball and want to be part of the team really badly. Those are my goals for 2012.

I think blogging so far for me has been great! I've had a few problems for turning them in, but when I do, there good. If I did'nt have blogging, sometimes I would'nt have anyone to talk to exept for the computer. Thats what I think about blogging and what it has done for me.

The last book that I read was Hunter Brown. Hunter Brown is sort of like an action book and they go on an adventure. It's interesting because Hunter finds a sword, only it's just the handle. When he clicks the button, which is 3 interlocking V's, the blade pops out but it's invisible. Another interesting thing is he teleports to different dimensions where he defeats bad guys. One of the bad guys wasn't really a guy. It was a very very large dog-like creature that had webbed feet. Another one was an ogre that carried around a club. He captured Hunter and his friends but they escaped. Hunter's friend got a sprained ankle and Hunter had to carry him to saftey so the ogre wouldn't get him. I really enjoyed this book and I would recommend it to anyone who likes action/adventure books.

Article posted October 12, 2011 at 12:38 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 41

One day I went outside and when I came back in I had a new best friend named Sam. Sam is a stray cat that has been running around my neighborhood. We feed Sam milk and moist cat food. Sam is a greyish black color. Sam likes to cuddle and be pet. We built Sam a fort in a tree.

Sam knows exactly where we live. That's what I did one day. Now I have to go and feed Sam. Bye!

Article posted October 4, 2011 at 02:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

One day, our team took a field trip to Fox Run Park. My favorite activity was the camoflage game. My favorite activity was the camoflage game because I only got found twice out of four. While I was up at Fox Run I caught a baby crawdad that was only an inch long. I learned that animals need camoflage to survive from prey, and I also learned that when I caught the crawdad because I could hardly see him in the muddy water. Overall my day was very good at Fox Run Park.

I think books should not be banned, even books in different countries. The reason I think that is because kids in different countries won't have anything to read. They would get extremely bored. If books were banned we wouldn't have as much knowledge as we now have. If we didn't have knowledge we wouldn't have inventions that we have now like lightbulbs or cars. I think some books should be censored by an adult, but kids should still get to read whatever they want to. The first amendment gives us the freedom of speech, so not all books should be censored, but the not very appropriate books should at least have a parent's yes or no.

Article posted September 23, 2011 at 01:10 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

The math the guy did was funny. It was crazy how he new what numbers to use. I wish everyday math could be like that, but it would be pretty hard to remember! The other numbers you can use in this case would be 4, 24 and 15. I discovered you could use these numbers by trial and error. I picked two numbers where one divided into the other evenly and just tried it.

Article posted September 15, 2011 at 12:21 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 35

The funniest thing that has ever happened to me was when I was four years old and my sister, Eva, hit me in the head with a thirsty stone coaster. We were at my Aunt Jill's house for a baby shower for my now seven year old sister, Claudia. Eva was two and we were playing and all of the sudden she picked up the coaster and just hit me in the back of the head. There was blood everywhere. The funny thing was I didn't have to go to the hospital. My mom just put me in the bath tub and got the bleeding to stop. Then I was off to playing again like it never happened! That is the funniest thing that ever happened to me.

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 12:15 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

I felt that the Rachel's Challenge presentation was emotional. I would NOT change anything about the video. I thought that the story of Rachel was very touching because it was very sad that she was the first person killed in the Colombine massacre. I thought that Rachel's Challenge was worthwhile because it has spread across the world! The Rachel's Challenge presentation made me feel sad for Rachel's family. It made me want to make other people feel better about themselves now because I might not get the chance later.

Article posted September 5, 2011 at 06:08 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 37

1. I play four sports. They are football, baseball and basketball and wrestling.

2. I want to be a bull rider when I grow up.

3. I am very flexible.

4. I was born in Winchester, Virginia.

5. I have three sisters and one brother.

6. I like to ride my new BMX bike.

7. I LOVE seafood and I can eat pounds of crab legs and mussels at one sitting!