I thought the experience was fun and everything was so organized. I liked it. I learned that some things you do when your young, usually wont end up happening when your older because your more immature when your younger than when your older.If I could change anything, it would probably be the size of the room because the thing was pretty small. If I could I would make the room bigger. The best part was the sodas, the slushies, and the flowers from Mexico and Costa Rica. Thats what I thougt about International Towne.

My World History Fair project is coming along and the fair went well I think. I was happy with my final product. I also thought my 3D part was decent. World history is a fun subject to me and the whole experience with the World History Fair was fun for me! I liked it.

Guiding Question- What kind of weapons and armor did gladiators use and how did it effect Ancient Rome?

I learned that gladiatorss get a sword or other hand held weapon and a shield, either for thrusting or raw protection, and net fighters got a trident and a net. Seems unfair to me but thats how it was in Ancient Rome in that time period. I also learned that the net fighters were usually either slaves or prisoners trying to gain their freedom by making a miracle come true.

From other peoples projects I learned that in the Ancient Roman army, they used a catapult to fire large or small boulders a far distance to crush enemies and destroy large buildings needed to break down so they could get past. A nother thing I learned is that Sumo wrestlers were a big part in china's history. Surprising right?!? The last thing that I learned was that Gladiators had the strongest army of their time. they conquered many Empires and expanded greatly. Those are some of the things that I learned at the World History Fair.

7th grade was fun but I had a few challenges. I had a lot of friends who helped me get through most of my challenges. When I go to high school I'm going to miss middle school and all of my friends. At least I'll be that much closer to being out of school. 7th grade RULES!!!

Article posted February 29, 2012 at 01:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 93

"And my fellow Americans:Do not ask what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.'' -John F. Kennedy.

I chose this quote because we help the country and in return, the country helps us. So does the president. Thats why I chose the quote,'' And my fellow Americans: Do not ask what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.'' -John F. Kennedy.

On the battlefield where soldiers fight for our country

Sacrifices have been made.

These soliders are unselfish

And pure to their leader.

They don't ask for anything in return.

And some give up everything.

They don't ask what their country can do for them

They ask what they can do for their country.

Article posted February 27, 2012 at 02:36 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Now that the Wiki group project is over, I think it  went well. Working in a group this way was sort of fun. Being in a group made it easier to work on the project even when I didn't want to. It made us more productive. The communication in our group wasn't that great but we still got it done. It wasn't good because when I replied to someone's message, they didn't always reply back very quickly. I think one way you could improve the project for next year is making sure all the team members reply quickly.

Article posted February 27, 2012 at 02:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

In Science class we've been learning about cells and what they do in a living body. Some cells are good but others can be bad, like cancer cells. We did an egg lab, where we measured the outside of the egg and put it in different liquids. This lab taught us about the cell membrane. The job of the cell membrane is to either keep things inside the cell or keep other things out. One thing I've learned that is really neat is how cells multiply. They kind of just cut in half but both new cells are the same as the original cell.

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 12:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 68

Hunter Brown is a book I'm reading right now by the Miller Brothers. It is about a guy with a sword and he is always running around on adventures. But the sword is only the hilt, the blade is invisible. I like it because I like books that have a lot of action and adventure. That's the book that I'm reading.

Article posted February 3, 2012 at 12:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 80

I think it is important to make good decisions because making good decisions gets you more responsibility and trust from your family, friends and teachers, etc. I think people would probably like you better if you were more responsible. That is why you should make good decisions whenever you can.

Poets use figurative language, onomonopoeia, personification, assonance, they also use tongue twisters. I sort of like tongue twisters. Thats what poets use for poetic effect. Onomonopoeia is like "buzz" and "zoom". An example of personification would be like in "The Giving Tree." They made the tree seem like a person.