Article posted May 16, 2012 at 04:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 190

Seventh grade was a little challenging, but I had a lot of enjoyment throughout the year. I still can’t believe how close I am to high school! The only small problem for me was procrastination, which I still continue to do. I would like to get everything done nice and early starting in eighth grade. For the new seventh graders next year, I advise you to get your homework done ON TIME, and not late because if your homework is late all the time, it can really hurt your grade!

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 03:12 AM GMT • comment • Reads 70

International Towne was a great experience. I liked how each country was unique. I learned what each country's culture is like. I would somehow have us get to stay longer so that we could have longer breaks. The best part was getting to buy the souvenirs!

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 03:07 AM GMT • comment • Reads 73

World history influences our lives today by helping us advance in technologies and help us know how much we've grown as a world. My guiding question: How did Genghis Khan affect ancient China in battle? I learned how smart Genghis Khan and the Mongols were. The most interesting part for me was how Genghis Khan outsmarted all of his enemies with strategies that no one else would think of.

The thing I learned from another seventh grader was cool. I learned about how the Romans used a different kind of catapult that looked like a crossbow. He said that the Romans noticed other catapults and got their idea from that. I had never seen anything like it!

Article posted May 2, 2012 at 03:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 66

Our all school read is a good book so far. I think it's really about bunch of people who join together to create a garden to help the look of their town. The activities that we did were fun. My favorite was when we painted rocks because we could make it our own.

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 04:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 88

I Wish

I was a sea turtle

Gliding through the sea

Able to hide from danger in my shell

I could move fast and strong

So I can get to places on time.

Article posted April 2, 2012 at 11:33 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 80

The chicken wing dissection in science was a fascinating thing to do. We did this because it helps us learn the location of each part of the chicken wing. We got to find the cartilage, muscles, and much more. I definitely thought it was worthwhile because we got to see all of those parts. I even cut through the top part of the bone, and I think I found bone marrow! It was a pretty fun experience overall.

Article posted March 21, 2012 at 03:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 120

Purple.

Purple is the main color of the Minnesota Vikings.

Purple is the smell of a lilac bush.

Purple is one of the colors in a Columbine Flower.

Purple is the sound of a thunderstorm.

Purple is the feeling of a light breeze.

Purple is the taste of chips and dip.

Purple is the sound of a violin.

Purple is the color of Pikes Peak.

Purple is the feeling of melting snow.

Purple is the smell of curtains.

Purple is the taste of cranberry sauce.

Purple is the color of blinds on a window.

Purple is the sound of people walking on wet grass.

Purple is the feeling of warm water.

Purple is the taste of a pear.

Purple is the sound of bugs at night.

And purple is a color that’s smooth and smells fresh.

Article posted March 19, 2012 at 03:10 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

The movie that we watched was a sad and cruel thing to happen at a school. I would be so angry at people if I was in the middle of seeing all of the mean things that the people said and did to the Little Rock Nine. I don't think that that was even close to being fair for them. It would probably take me a long time to figure out the steps that I would have to take to resolve a problem like that. If I had the choice to stay home instead of being yelled at and teased, I would honestly just stay home. I wouldn't be as brave as them in that situation. The Reason I don't think that that was fair for the Little Rock Nine was because they deserved the right to get a very good education and the ability to go to college just as much as any of the other white students. In the world that we live in today, most things have changed, but some things haven't. We've had our first black president (Barack Obama), so that's definitely a change from the past. But one thing that hasn't exactly changed is racism. There are still people today who are racist. Although some things haven’t yet changed, they have to sometime.

Article posted March 4, 2012 at 02:45 AM GMT • comment • Reads 85

My Favorite Inspirational Quote: "It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog."

-Mark Twain

No matter how big you are,

No matter how small you are,

That doesn't matter.

If you have enough confidence inside you,

If you have the power to not give up,

That's a much higher achievement.

When you put enough hard work in,

You will be more powerful inside yourself.