Article posted December 8, 2011 at 12:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 83

I read an article the article was about the U.S.A troops leaving Iraq I am so happy about it. I am also very sad for the people family that lost he or she how in Iraq.

On August thirteenth, the forecasters warned of a storm coming with rain and winds estimated to be up to sixty to seventy miles per hour. Two hours later when the storm hit Indiana, the wind caused the stage to collapse on the fans up front. The disaster killed families of seven people and injured sixty-one fans. I thought the people who controlled the event should’ve canceled it or did it later if the winds were estimated sixty-seventy miles per hour.

URL: [LINK]

Article posted November 16, 2011 at 04:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 60

What I have read was that the Colombians Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia “FARC” has just got a new leader after the former Chief was killed in an operation earlier this month. The FARC has been at war with the government sene 1960. My idea is that the government needs to do keep do this and maybe the FARC will give up.

URL:[LINK]

http://www.enn.com/ecosystems/article/43553

This article is about the thin sheet of oil that they found on the ocean off the cost of Brazil and this could turn in to a larger oil spill.

My opinion on this it is this could be potentially really bad because the last time this happend it took us more than 40 years to clean it up and we are still not finished. So, if this gets any bigger then it is will be really bad for us because it wil pollute the earth even more than it already is. Second, I think that the oil companies should increase their oil safety procedures. If this happens less oil will be lost and we will have more to use and people do not have to worry about an oil shortage and the ocean will not be dangerous for people work and play in. Life would be better for a lot of people oil companies kept a tighter hold on their oil spills; like Chevron did as soon as they saw the the thin layer of oil.

Other information gotten from: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=how-long-will-oil-spill-last.

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 01:44 AM GMT • comment • Reads 80

In a school district in Maine teachers have decided to give each one of their kindergarteners an iPad to make the reading class more enjoyable. Electronics are nothing new to these kids and they will grow up with them. What are your thoughts on this? Personally, I believe that this is a good idea because it’s not only teaching these kids to read, it’s preparing them for a new future of technology.

http://cnnstudentnews.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/12/reading-in/

Michael Jackson's doctor was accused of unvoluntary manslaughter. He gave Michael Jackson an overdose of propofol to make him sleep, because Michael complained to him that he couldn't sleep. They thought the doctor was panicked because he gave Jackson CPR on the bed instead of on a firm surface like the floor. I think Dr. Conrad Murray, (Jackson's Doctor) theory is wrong. He said that Jackson gave himself the deathly dose of propofol. Since Jackson is not a doctor, how could he have gotten permission to overdose himself on propofol unless it was Murray that let him. I think that the whole situation is just said because Dr. Murray could lose his license to practice medicine and the King of Pop died. [LINK]

Article posted November 4, 2011 at 04:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 105

For my current event I decicded to do the "The Future of the Book" I decided to do this one because I love to read books. In this passage they're saying that books will become mechanicle like the Kindle and kids wouldn't have to read the book but be read to. My opininon this is that it wouldn't be bad to be read to but kids might not learn every thing they could if they actually read the book for themselves and for me I would prefere to read the book on paper and not mechanicle, but that is my opinion and in the future I might be old fashion but thats my opinion.

URL: [LINK]

In Denver, Colorado a puppy Chihuahua mix fell through a hole in the floorboards. This happened on November 6, 2011, the fire crew came to get the puppy out. The firefighter Chad Cramner went to get the puppy. He had a 12inch crawlspace that had dirt and cobwebs. Chad Cramner said, “When I first shined the light on it I didn’t think it was a dog; I thought it was a rock,” When he looked closer he realized it was the puppy. Cramner was able to bring the puppy to safety. I thought this was sad because the poor puppy fell through the floorboards; luckily he was saved before anything tragic happened.

[LINK]

Article posted November 2, 2011 at 07:35 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 68

I saw a section on CNN about a pregnat woman geting arrested over a $5 sandwich in Safeway. She was eating it while shopping and forgot to pay for it. The manager refused to let her pay for it after already paying for her groceries. The cops cuffed her and kept her child for the night. I think this is a bit harsh as well do many others. The family stopped shopping at all Safeways.

URL:http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2011/11/02/dnt-pregnant-woman-arrested.kgmb-khnl

I read an article on [LINK] about a doctor that graduated from Yale. He gave his patient, Awilda Irizarry, the best Halloween present in the world. He gave her the gift of being able to see again. He used some donated artificial cornea as an eyeball transplant. Now the lucky lady has almost perfect vision, she still has to use glasses to read though. I found this artificial very interesting because I have never heard of anybody repairing somebody's sight before. Now, I know that if I ever have eye problem, I’ll to go to Dr.Jimmy K. Lee to get my eyes fixed.

Article posted October 28, 2011 at 02:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

On October 31st, the U.N. says that the 7th billon person will be born. The population was only 6 billon 12 years ago. They also expect it to be only about 14 years till we hit 8 billon people on our planet. With this incline of people the demand for resorses will rise. I think that with 8 billon people just around the corner, we may need to find more resorses and fast. We also might need to expand our living areas. It will be hard to find a quiet place soon.

URL to video:[LINK]

My article is from: [LINK]

This past week the World Series has been going on. The Texas Rangers and the St. Louis Cardinals are playing. The Rangers are winning the series 3-2. The series is out of 7. Whoever gets 4 wins first wins the World Series. They have a game tonight so that might change. I don't really care who wins but I want to see a game 7.

Yet another oil spill has been discovered in the Great Lakes (Lake Michigan). On tuesday, October 5, federal officials and state officials received complaints from members of the puplic, that parts of Lake Huron had toxic oil caked around the shoreline at Cheboygan State Park. There was also a little bit in the waters of Duncan Bay. The coastline is home to several threatened plant and animal species, including the rare Black Turn, Pitcher's thistle, and the Dwarf Lake Iris. I think that this is very sad to see. I think that it needs to stop happening! Read more at :[LINK]

My currentevent is about A four-month-old girl who disappeared from her parents' room last night as they slept inches away has been found safe by police.

Little Ramy Amadea Gallego, had last been seen in her bassinet at about 10pm on Saturday night, when she was put to sleep at her home in the eastern Contra Costa County town of Knightsen, California.

I think that is a very touching artical but they should relly bring her back and thats not cool.  

[LINK]

Article posted October 27, 2011 at 03:49 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/08/04/newme.minorities.investing/index.html

My opinion on this article is that I think it is great that Hank Williams was not the only black man at the Kapor Capital investment firm. I think it is great that black people are coming out to these investment firms representing the African Americans.

In conclusion the article is very inspiring and I hope America changes.

Article posted October 27, 2011 at 02:53 AM GMT • comment • Reads 77

I read about a football star who's life was changed. He was tackled and his spine was broken and he wasn't able to move anything under his shoulders after that. He almost died twice in two days. After he recovered he suffered from depression and in an attempt to cheer him up his dad took him to a high school football game where they witnessed a guy who had broken his spinal cord, just like him. In months a nonprofit organization was born that helps athletes who are injured. I think this is a good idea because there are lots of athlets that get injured and don't worry about it because they believe they are fine until something bad happens. With this organization it can help lots more athletes.

Article posted October 25, 2011 at 05:12 AM GMT • comment • Reads 76

On Sunday, October 23rd, the country of Turkey(not Thanksgiving turkey) suffered a massive earthquake. It was scaled at 7.2 magnitude and the death toll is almost at 300. Over 1,300 people have been injured so far. Also, many people lost their homes. It may take months to get a descent living facility back. I think we are lucky we don't have many natural disasters like that here. We get a great home and education while people them are suffering.

[LINK]

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-693602?hpt=us_bn2

I read that in New York there is a pumpkin that weighs 1,704 pounds. It was grown by Leonardo Ureno from Napa, California. He carved it to look like a zombie face before taking it to New York with him. My opinion of this is that it is so cool. I think more people should try and do this so that they aren’t left out of society.

My article is about Hispanic Heritage Month. Students are investigating how hispanic kids have contributed to the U.S. Some of the counties are; Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua. Mexico and Chile also celebrate Independence Day. Students will also ask questions about, culture, holidays, traditions, percentage of people, etc. I really am glad that there is a Hispanic Heritage Month, since I am hispanic. You guys also might want to check out the website and look at the questions, ask me!

[LINK]

Article posted October 24, 2011 at 05:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 107

The article I read was about cellphones. The article was specifically about cellphones causing cancer. Scientists have done many tests to figure out if this is true or not. They used people with cellphones and without cellphones. After a while they checked to see if more people with cellphones had cancer than people without. There is no proof that cellphones cause cancer. The waves set off by the phone don’t damage DNA. After these studies, it is said that cellphones do not cause cancer. For me, this article is very easy for me to believe because I think that cellphones are just like normal phones and normal phones don’t cause cancer. There isn’t much of a difference between normal phones and cellphones so I don’t see why cellphones would cause cancer. Those are my thoughts on the cellphone article.

[LINK]

Article posted October 24, 2011 at 03:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 74

Polar bears are in danger of becoming extinct for many reasons. Here's why: Since the polar bears' habitat,ice, is melting because of global warming, polar bears and their cubs are having to swim a lot farther than usual to find a new home. Congress is not paying attention to the Clean Air Act limits on mercury and global warming pollution. This is ruining conservation programs. Congress is also doing dangerous drilling off of Alaska's coast.

In my opinion, I think we should have more charities and programs to save the polar bears. Congress should pay more attention because they are ruining some of the polar bears' habitats because of the drilling that they are doing.

URL:[LINK]

My current event is about the Ohio man who killed himself and let his exotic animals loose.  A man in Zanesville, Ohio was having lots of personal problems and decided to let all of his exotic animals loose before shooting himself.  He let loose, lions, tigers and bears.  He was found in his driveway on October 18, 2011.  The police received several phone calls about animals running loose in the area, so they went and checked on this gentleman and that is when they found himdead  and all 56 of his exotic animals loose.  Jack Hanna told authorities that the safety of the community was what was important.  Authorities shot to kill, among the animals killed were 18 Bengal Tigers, nine lions, eight lionesses, six black bears, three mountain lions, two grizzly bears, two wolves, and one baboon.   A young grizzly bear, three leopards and two monkeys were captured and sent to the Columbus Ohio Zoo.  That is were they will live for the time being.  

I feel like that guy shouldn't have had any of those animals, because he couldn't take care of them.  I would have liked to see them try harder to traquilize the animals rather than kill them.  I have read several articles about this guy and it seems to me he should have had all those animals taken away along time ago.  He used to have buffalo and cattle but they all died from starvation.  People like this shouldn't be able to have animals.    

poponthepop.com/2011/10/ohio-man-releases-animals-before-committing-suicide/

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/10/six-exotic-animals-rescued-from-carnage-are-recuperating-at-ohio-zoo.html

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/photogallery/monkey-business.html

I read the article in NY Times Student Connections. This article talked about students and if facebook was a bad thing for them or a good thing. There were many things positive about facebook and many negatives so they both crossed eac hother out. Though in my personal opinion it depends on the student. If the student cares about their education then their time on facebook is there choice. On the other hand those students who dont care about their education choose to use facebook more then other students. So, if you ask me it would all depend on the student and where they want to go in life.

Another thing I learned in this articl is that people don't really notice my theory. All they notice is how much time people spend on facebook and if those people are doing well in school. Facebook isn't a bad thing it's just the people who have a facebook account can decide to do bad things from it. Other people decide to be on facebook 24/7 which causes them not to do homework or go outside and things like that. Thats why i say it all depends on the person and how they are deciding when to use facebook and how long they use it for.

The current event article that interested me the most was the article about the German satellite that is in the Earth’s atmosphere. The satellite is used to observe stars, comets, moons and whatever else I found in space. This German satellite was found around 257 miles above the surface and now it’s lower than 203 miles high. The pieces of this satellite are supposed to land on Earth’s land and in the oceans. This article was really interesting because it’s something you don’t read about every day and it's unique how up in space, theres a lot of problems just like here in the Earth. Overall, this was a really good article that just made me keep reading on and on!

Article posted October 23, 2011 at 06:01 AM GMT • comment • Reads 69

The article I have read is about a lady who has struggled to get money! Paying for child support, disability payments, rent, and gas/electric bills, her paycheck doesn't really cover it. She has five children and they eat Mac & cheese or ramen noodles every night. She wrote a letter to Sal Dimiceli. He gets 20-30 letters a week. In a couple weeks he showed up at Jennifer Cervantes door and started to help her. Sal told her he would pay for 1 month of rent including gas and electricity. Then he went to the store and bought the family food to fill up their empty refrigerator. Sal has helps about 500 people a year. He says he does not give people money that do not need it or want to take advantage of it. When he receives a letter he goes over and opens the fridge and cabinets to see if they need help or if they are behind on bills.

He also goes beyond that, he helps people stabilize their long term situations. One family he has helped is Val and Al Hyner. They have both been unemployed for about 1 year. They were living in a small motel room and paying for it from their savings. Val had even pawned her wedding ring because they almost had no money. Dimiceli had gone to help them. He gave them cards for gas, and rent. He also got Val’s wedding ring back! That is what the article is mostly about! My reaction to the whole story was very upsetting I did feel bad for the family but after all he helped them I felt glad that someone is there to offer them things they need.

[LINK]

Article posted October 23, 2011 at 02:35 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

Moammar Gadhafi  is a very popular current event. When I found out that he had died, I was relieved because I then knew that a lot of people would feel much more safe. I learned that Moammar Gadhafi was a dictator who ruled with a heavy hand so the people of Libya will probably be happy to finally be free of his rule. There is another subject that is very important also. Who will govern Libya?  Now that Moammar Gadhafi is dead  who will be in charge? The people of Libya might start a war over the matter. If Libya were to elect someone as leader would this new leader  provide justice? Or would he repeat Moammar Gadhafi's acts? Even though Libya might be celebrating or even mourning, they have a long road ahead of them.

The event I chose was an article on the Japan's Nuclear Power Plant... The article was on how Fukushima reactors may shut down before schedule. After what happened to Japan's nuclear power plant, after the earthquake and tsunami, they had called for completing the shutdown process by January. However, in a 6th month update, the Fukushima reactors said that they could reach their "cold shutdown" points by the end of the year. I think that this is a good thing because then the radioactive mess will be cleaned up faster. Now they just have to solve the energy problem...

To get more information- [LINK]

Article posted October 22, 2011 at 05:48 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

I read an article about the World Series Game2. The second game was won by Texas. The first game was won by the Cardinals. This World Series is very close games. Some things that happened at the second game towards the end was the worst play for the Cardinals. The Rangers were down 1-0. There was the tying run and the go ahead runs on the bases. Pujols was a cut off and if he caught the ball he would have held the runners. Pujols is the first baseman for the Cardinals. Although he missed it and the go ahead run got on second into scoring position.Pujols is my favorite player, I think that he had a bad angle on the play, I was watching the game. I think that this World Series has been very exciting.

http://www.cnn.com/studentnews/

Article posted October 22, 2011 at 05:06 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 140

I read an article about how recently cantaloupes from Colorado have been recalled because they have been contaminated with bacteria. 84 people have been ill, and 17 people have died from this infection. Luckily these contaminated melons have only been coming from Jensen Farms, and over 300,000 have been recalled. In my opinion I would be careful about eating any cantaloupes just in case. It's better to be safe than sorry. You never know if this infection spread to other melons outside of Jensen Farms. URL: http://timeforkids.com/news/deadly-outbreak/14996 

Article posted October 22, 2011 at 03:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 93

You hear many people screaming, the sound of a measly little roar from behind allows you to curiously turn your head about ninety degrees to the left. In about two seconds for your eyes to actually register to your brain what you are seeing, it is already too late. A carrot is messily devoured on the spot, and hundreds of other vegetables pray that the monstrosity will not see them. Sadly, their prayers are unheard, and jaws of death consume them. The juices explode into all directions, including your face. You realize what is happening, and let out a perilous scream… A bear was cub seen at a grocery store on October 21, 2011 in the vegetable section. It was just curiously searching around, but had to be taken away by animal control. It did not cause any damage. The reason why I thought this story was interesting was because it allowed me to write a mini horror story to go with it. Also, you think someone at the door would have spotted the cub? But be careful, because you never know when the next bear cub will attack a grocery store near you!

[LINK]

Article posted October 22, 2011 at 02:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 83

Heavy rain in Central America has caused major flooding. The flood has killed about 60 people. El Salvador was the country that was hit the hardest. 32 people have died in El Salvador. Many of the people were killed by being swept away or there house collapsed on them. The rain caused many mudslides and the people had to evacuate in some parts of the country. In Guatemala 28 people have died and 110,000 have been affected. I think this was a really tragic. It killed so many people. But this stuff happens. We will learn to build a better country for them.It was also really sad because many people lost family members and relatives.Also I think we should help them by raising money by having hat days.

[LINK]

Article posted October 22, 2011 at 01:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 100

On October 19, the Associated Press wrote an article called "Lions and tigers shot in Ohio; owner freed them." It describes that an exotic animal owner in Ohio freed his animals and then shot himself. The sheriff and his deputies shot almost 50 of the wild animals. Eighteen of them were Bengal tigers and seventeen were lions. During the hunt that started Tuesday night and ended Wednesday afternoon many schools in the area were closed. Police were ordered to shoot the animals instead of using tranquilizers. One reason is because the animals that were shot with the darts could escape and then wake up again. Another reason is the animals were becoming aggressive and the sheriff said, "Once the nightfall hit our biggest concern was having these animals roaming."

I think that they made the right move shooting the animals instead of tranquilizing them because if they did start roaming they could harm people. I also think that the person who released these animals made a bad decision and put many lives at risk. I think that the person who had the animals was not responsible and should have donated them to a zoo instead of releasing them because the zoo could start a breeding program because the Bengal tigers are endangered.

[LINK]

Article posted October 22, 2011 at 12:55 AM GMT • comment • Reads 141

I am writing about an article about a man who owned many wild and exotic animals.

[LINK]

Terry Thompson was caring for exotic animals such as lions, tigers, and bears (oh my!). He suddenly let all of the animals loose and committed suicide this week.

Hmm... I'm not really sure what to think about this. It's very sad, not just for him, but the animals, too. The police department was given orders to hunt down and kill them (some were taken to the zoo, though). This also makes me somewhat mad. He was once charged for animal abuse in the past, and the animals he owned did not have large enough enclosures. A monkey could not stand up in its enclosure, and a wolf was kept in an old broken down car.

So... I'm not really sure what to think. It's very interesting.

On October 19, First Bancorp announced the date of its annual shareholders meeting. They said that it would take place on December 9th, 2011 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The meeting will be for shareholders in the company to vote on the future of the business. They will vote for things such as the director of the company. The people attending the meeting will also be allowed to propose new rules for the company.I think that it is a good idea to have shareholders meetings because the shareholders are the ones that actually own the company, so it is good for them to share their opinions.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/first-bancorp-announces-date-of-its-2011-annual-meeting-of-stockholders-2011-10-19

The dictater Gadhafi was killed in Libya after being capured by rebel forces. The country celebrated a lot. The whole country entered a time of cheer. People rode cheering their cars and fired guns into the air. My opinion is that the Libyans have a right to be happy. Their dictater was just killed. After a long time in office as dictator, a lot of people could be happy because he supported a few terrorist attacks.

(http://www.cnn.com/studebtnews/)

Thirty five year-old John-Alex Mason, a guitarist of Colorado Springs, died recently due to major blood loss. He was with his family when there was problems with the surgery to remove cancer tissue. He became known when he won the Telluride Acoustic Blues Competition in 2001. John-Alex beat records, competed in music festivals all over the country, and recently won the Pikes Peak Council award for best solo pop musician. He even had an opportunity to play with famous artists, such as B.B. King, John Mayall, and John Hammond. He was seriously talented. John-Alex was widely admired for being able to play guitars made out of cigar boxes and wailing on them simultaneously. Mason is missed dearly by his wife Rosanne, daughter Ruth, mother Charlotte and brother Stephen. He lived out a legacy, and people will always remember him for that. This article affected me emotionally because a young man died and left behind a greiving family- that's just plain sad, isn't it? That's like me seven years ago when my dad would've been 30, and I was 5. Losing a father or husband at that age? That is very harsh to live through, and it almost makes me want to cry at the thought. I will remember John-Alex Mason.

See the article at [LINK]. Come and mourn for him!

Article posted October 21, 2011 at 04:55 AM GMT • comment • Reads 91

The people of Libya have had a great thing happen to them, they have had Gadhafi die.Now, they have to start the road to recovery.

In Libya Gadhafi has died. I think it is wrong to celebrate the death of someone, even if they are a tyrant. The death of Gadhafi is good though. Now the Libyans can start the road to recovering from the dictatorship. They better start it fast, or loyalists of Gadhafi may over through it again. Libya might want to be fast in rebuilding its self, or trouble may be in it’s future.The article is about the citizens celebrating Gadhafi’s death. The article also states that the road to recovery will be long and maybe violent, but Libya will recover.

The people of Libya have had a great thing happen to them, they have had Gadhafi die.

[LINK]

Article posted October 21, 2011 at 03:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

Apple is awed.

Steve Jobs passed away at least two weeks ago and he was really amazing because of all the things he did to help our world. He created IPads and they have really fast data bases, he also created Utouches, IPods, Mac computers, and the newest IPhones. They can be used to study, learn, play, and discover. Mr.Jobs had struggled and fought with panchreotis cancer and lived for a pretty long time.I think Mr.Job's gave us hope in technology to help find cures for cancer, find children's families, bring people home and so much more. He created a technology revolution. Thanks to Steve Jobs we have realized so many things.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/19/tech/mobile/apple-closing-wednesday-memorial-wired/index.html

Article posted October 21, 2011 at 03:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

http://www.cnn.com/studentnews/

I saw a video about how Libya’s former leader, Moammar Gahafi is now dead. There were several people celebrating in Libya, not only for his death, but that their civil war is most likely ended now. The civil war began just by some rebels against Gahafi that wouldn’t be calm just this past February. Supposedly, Gahafi’s goal was to change the world, but he just didn’t take the right path. Gahafi especially targeted Americans. I think this is good for the people in Libya for sure. I definitely would not have like to have him as a leader for forty-two years, would you?

Article posted October 21, 2011 at 03:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 96

Last month or two have been Hispanic Heritage Months. Well to me it is very important that we understand all heritages. As I read in the articles and the videos is that hispanic heritages and cultures are pretty much unknown to most people. We should keep the heritages up and known. My thoughts on this subject is that each and every one of us have a different culture and it doesn't matter where your from. What would you do if your culture just disappeared? You would have to basically start life over again. We can't let that happen. That's why we have heritage months. The article is mostly about how most Americans don't know about Hispanic Heritage Month and how one day we might loose their culture. That would be a definite lose for us.

[LINK]

Article posted October 21, 2011 at 03:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 151

To be honest I am in awe of how toys have changed. Toys have gone from just a simple doll or toy car to an electronic in the years. It just shows how Children’s attitudes have changed. Now they are more needy and spoiled. Along with this it is easy to see that small businesses can come up from behind and go to the lead. Also you can tell that the big toy company’s are going down in number while the small toy company’s are taking over. Some examples are that there is a new toy that is a miniature blimp that actually you can remote control. Almost all of the toys have technology in them. The article states that if the market keeps going as it is underdogs will soon take over and the big companies won’t have a lot of profit. This is a great article telling about the market. Here is the URL for my article:[LINK]

Article posted October 21, 2011 at 03:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

I read about the first loss for the Detroit Lions and the big win for the San Francisco 49ers. I wasn't pretty after the game through Jim Harbaugh gave a hand shake and a slap on the back to the Detroit Lions head coach. Detroit Lions head coach Jim Swazrts thought it was a gloating slap on the back was a ran after Jim Harbaugh.The players had to separate the two. My response to this is I think that Jim Harbaugh should tell Jim Swazrts that he is sorry for what he did.If you want to see what happened for yourself go to this link [LINK]

Article posted October 21, 2011 at 02:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 98

Are cellphones safe? Should you use them? Cellphones are safe. Lots of people have said that cellphones can give you cancer because of all of the radiation in the phone. Scientists have proven this wrong. They have proven this from a series of tests.Though cellphones can't give you cancer they can give you glaucoma (duh duh duh). Glaucoma (duh duh duh) is a very rare brain tumor. It still may be safe.Just don't use it a lot or you will get glaucoma (duh duh duh).They say that kids skulls are thinner so radiation can get in side our heads and give us glaucoma.

http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20111021/ap_on_he_me/eu_med_cellphones_and_cancer 

Article posted October 21, 2011 at 01:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 98

My opinion on the campaign fight is something that is entirely mine. From what I have read, or actually watched, on [LINK] was interesting, I have to say, but uncalled for. the campaign was the main event. basically, it's about this group of people running for President. These two people, Mitt and another man, get in a fight. They are talking over themselves and it's a big mess. Mitt and the other person didn’t need to get into a fight! The least they could have done was hear each other out instead of talking and yelling overtop of each other. They were also rude, but everyone has to do what they have to do to win, I suppose. I like this website because it gives you what’s happening in our world today and it makes it fun and interesting to learn about those problems. Usually I wouldn’t be too thrilled on watching the news or learning about news, I have a current event in Spanish coming up to for Cuba that I’m not too thrilled about, but this video and website makes it fun.

[LINK]

Article posted October 21, 2011 at 12:36 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

I learned many things from a video that I watched recently. Another thing that I learned was that central America had a HUGE flood! I think the people in central america were really scared and I sould be scared of this flood too, because it would be damaging everything. I also think that this is dangerous. I wish that the kids didn't get hurt. If this was their first flood, they probably would have panicked. I have never been in a flood either, so this would have scared me also. This is what I learned on CNN student news. URL: [LINK]

This week the Presidential debate has reached

new standards. There were personal references and insults thrown at each other. The most noticeable was the debate on Tuesday when Rick Perry and Mitt Romney heated up. They both got a run for their money, it was wild. They both accused each other partaking in illegal events.That is news!!I thought it was foolish to have these kinds of people deciding "whats best" for our country. They need to grow up and get some sense. They need to rule responsibly and get done what needs to be done not trying to please the people and become president.

WebsiteURL:

[LINK]

Article posted October 20, 2011 at 01:55 AM GMT • comment • Reads 60

We live in a very fast paced world. And I mean VERY! In Las Angeles a man was shot and killed while riding his bike at 1:25 a.m. It was strange because there is no known motive for the shooting and the man that was killed was only 32 years old. Police are still investigating the scene. It is things like these that make me think how quickly your life can end. I think that this is very sad because that man still had a lot to do in life. Everything just happens so fast in our world. This is the site of the articel I read:

[LINK]

Article posted October 20, 2011 at 01:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

On December 10, 2011 There was a lunar eclipse! For us it was in the morning at 4:00 to 6:00 around there anyways.It was an instant eclipse.It pretty much was all over the world.The next eclipse will be in 2014. The eclipse was a full eclipse, It was assigned different sides in each state and country. It was told to make the Earth's sky turn blue. I am upset that I didn't get to see it, but I had to sleep in. I think it is really cool , I mean it is turning the sky red! I would love to see one. Well, I think I'd probably be scared of the red sky, but it would be really neat.

Article posted October 20, 2011 at 01:21 AM GMT • comment • Reads 80

On Wednesday the 19 of October 2011 Terry Thomson released 56 animals including lions, tigers, bears and monkeys just three weeks after getting out of jail. After the animals were released he committed suicide. After the police hunted them down only six survived and a monkey is still on the loose. In my opinion would not have let there be that many wild animals be on the property of a guy who just got out of jail and has some guns and why did the government take away some of the animals.

[LINK]

Article posted October 20, 2011 at 01:06 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 57

I just read an article at http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/17/world/americas/central-america-floods/index.html .  It was about the torrential rain in Central America. The death toll is currently at 60 and the rain is not forecasted to let up. El Salvador has gotten the worst end of the storm, with a state of emergency and evacuation.  This to me is truly tragic. No country should have to deal with that kind of tragedy. Even though we can’t control Mother Nature, it is still sad. Hopefully the countries can keep strong and make it through the storm.This should make the countries even more wary and prepared for future storms.

Article posted October 20, 2011 at 01:01 AM GMT • comment • Reads 107

It’s amazing what people can do with their knowledge of technology. I was just watching a video on the CNN Student News website about motorcycles. Motorcycles use to be as simple as taking your average bike and slapping a motor on it, but now there is an invention called the safe motorcycle. It looks like a smart car with only two wheels, runs on electricity, and is able to stay balanced because of a mechanism called a gyroscope,the gyroscope is eight years in the making and allows the motorcycle to always keep its balance when it tilts and leans. The amazing inventor that came up with this invention is Danny Kim. He came up with the idea from his knowledge of vehicles and engineering. Why it is safer that an average motorcycle is that when it takes impact from a car, instead of falling down, it teeters and then regains its balance. I just think this is amazing. If you want to learn more go here, http://www.cnn.com/studentnews/ then watch the video on the top or bottom of the page. I hope you find interest in this topic and oh by the way if you want one, look for it in about five years and it will cost you $16,000.00.

If you want to learn more, go to the cite up there ^ or click here> http://www.cnn.com/studentnews/

Article posted October 20, 2011 at 12:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 114

Scientists have finally discovered a planet out of our solar system that could be possible to live on the planet. Although it is possible to live there it would have the everyday temperature to be 85 to 120 degrees! You cannot supply water because since it is so humid it would probably evaporate. It is also said that it is 1800 degrees less than the sun. That is still too hot. I believe that someday we will find a planet to live on besides Earth.Those are the reasons why I think this was interesting.I also think that this was an intriguing find because not everyday you find a planet that is habitable. [LINK]

Article posted October 20, 2011 at 12:35 AM GMT • comment • Reads 140

The article that I read was about an athletics brand in Kenya called Kourage. It's about a running company that wants people and native people all over the world to wear shoes with their brand on them. In my opinion, this can be kind of cool because this company might eventually be good competition for Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, and more. I also think once their shoes are really advanced, the professionals could help design shoes and be good customers for the company, and also have Kourage Athletics maybe as their sponsors.

[LINK]

Article posted October 20, 2011 at 12:22 AM GMT • comment • Reads 113

http://rt.com/news/miami-giant-african-snails-021/

In Miami there is a species of giant snails called African giants that are invading. They are often kept as pets and can grow 25 centimeters long and 10 centimeters wide. They are known as the most damaging species of snails in the world. They also pose a health risk by carrying a parasite that can give you meningitis in humans. That is why its dangerous to have them around invading your home. My opinion is that you should stay away from going outside for a little while. Also you should be careful where you go and where you step.

This blog is based on the following article: [LINK]

Air Force basketball player Sammy Schafer, number 34, Will not be returning to the Academy and the basketball team this year. A bad concussion last year prevented him from playing a lot of last year, and will prevent him from playing this year. It is so sad that his post concussion symptoms were so bad. Not being able to play is probably really hard for Sammy. He tried his hardest all the time. I personally talked to Sammy after a couple of games. He had such a great attitude. The Air Force Academy and all the Air Force Basketball fans out there will most likely back me up when I say, “We’ll miss you”.

The United States Senate voted to block a proposal that would have banned many vegetables. There would be no French fries and no tater tots. I agree upon blocking the proposal because potatoes are one of the most commonly eaten vegetables. Many other vegetables are not as favored. Potatoes are still a vegetable which many children (and adults) eat.

[LINK]

[LINK]

Article posted October 19, 2011 at 04:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 108

It’s amazing what people can do with their knowledge of technology. I was just watching a video on the CNN Student News website about motorcycles. Motorcycles use to be as simple as taking your average bike and slapping a motor on it, but now there is an invention called the safe motorcycle. It looks like a smart car with only two wheels, runs on electricity, and is able to stay balanced because of a mechanism called a gyroscope. The gyroscope is eight years in the making and allows the motorcycle to always keep its balance when it tilts and leans. The amazing inventor that came up with this invention is Danny Kim. He came up with the idea from his knowledge of vehicles and engineering. Why it is safer that an average motorcycle is that when it takes impact from a car, instead of falling down, it teeters and then regains its balance. I just think this is amazing. If you want to learn more go here, [LINK] then watch the video on the top or bottom of the page. I hope you find interest in this topic and oh by the way if you want one, look for it in about five years and it will cost you $16,000.00.

Article posted October 19, 2011 at 03:07 AM GMT • comment • Reads 57

Did you know that Scientist have found a new planet. Wow, a planet that can support life and I think this is really cool that we have the technology to find new planets in our universe and in other universes. I hope that we will find life on this planet or that it will be able to support life. Although I would not want to be shorter and squatter because, the gravitational pull is a little more than the Earths. What’s also cool is that the sun is 1,800 degrees cooler than our sun; a year on the planet is 60 days so I would be a lot older than I am now, this planet would be hot and humid with temperatures ranging from 85 to 120 degrees.

[LINK]

Article posted October 19, 2011 at 02:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 84

Lissa Iwrin has been missing for a long time. A new break through just came throughout that the mother was not sober the night her child went missing. THis has raised many questions such as: Did she hurt her own child? Was she awake when her child went missing? Is there anything that could have happened the night she went missing? Much more is being asked. Police are now questioning her in her own child's case. DId she do it? will they ever find the kidnapper? Find out on Blonde's Blonde's Blog!!!

Time for my thoughts. I think the mom is not as innocent as she says she is. Although I think some one else stole the baby. Question? Why would u steal a baby? Who needs another person's baby? Anyway I think that the police will eventually find the child, but I highly doubt that she will be alive... I hope she is though=http://! DO YOU?????

[LINK]

Article posted October 19, 2011 at 02:12 AM GMT • comment • Reads 66

I just saw an article about a "safe motorcycle." Right now it is just a prototype, but it may be on the market in a few years. One of the safety features it has is an enclosed cabin with doors like a car. Its secret is in its gyroscopes, which keep the motorcycle upright at all times. It is a revolutionary design in the motorcycle world, and it might be on the roads soon. I think this is a great idea. Lots of people like motorcycles, but they are really dangerous. If this thing really works, I think lots of people will buy it. That brings in lots of money, and it reduces accidents on the road. I look forward to seeing this motorcycle come out.

article from [LINK]

Article posted October 19, 2011 at 02:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 87

I just read a wonderful article on a to-be triathlon runner. This isn’t just any normal person, though. No, this little thing is only about the length of a man’s hand. This brave little athlete is a robot, is Japanese, and is made by Panasonic. In not very long, Evolta (the robot) will swim for 3.8 kilometers, bike 180.2, and run 42.2 to total 143 miles. This triathlon is called the “Ironman” and is located in Hawaii. I thought this was an awesome goal for technology to achieve and a great article. Follow the URL bellow to learn more about this cool science sports event.

[LINK]

Article posted October 19, 2011 at 01:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

Have you ever wanted to always be able to go to a place that you love all the time until people are thinking of shutting it down? Well, that is what the WMF are for because they are experts on saving the most precious places or even some non- beautiful places all around the world. I have currently read about sites being worth saving. In that article it talked about sites all around the world need to be saved because so many people liked them. All of these sites are like old run-down places, but some are very nice and people still visit them. They should be saved because they are sites that people treasured and that people loved to visit. This is very important because some sites people loved, but some sites people did not really like so they have to make the right choices.

I totally agree with what they are doing and that this is a good thing, but if there are sites that maybe people don't go to or they don't like I think that they should not save them because if people don't go now they probably won't go later on. I am not saying don't protect sites I am just saying that not every site is worth saving. Like I said above they need to make sure that they make all the right choices on what sites to save. The site below is the one that I visited:

[LINK]

Article posted October 19, 2011 at 01:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 91

This article is about an Indy 500 racer, 33 year old Dan Wheldon, died in a twelve car wreck along with a couple of championship contenders severely injured. The wreck happened in an Indy 300 race in Las Vegas. It was shocking news for the racing community. The championship event was canceled after this accident. Racing accidents are common but fatal ones are rare. Only a few have happened in the past decade. Even though there have been many safety improvements it is still a dangerous sport. The cars speed exceeds  225 mph. With that kind of speed the smallest mistake can go horribly wrong. Actually, if he had not been in the wreck he would have won $5,000,000.

I think that life is very unpredictable and that we should honor it. Racing is risky and adrenalin pumping. But, one small mishap can cost you greatly. I find speed fun yet dangerous, so going 225 mph must be fun and an unimaginable experience. 

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/16/us/indycar-crash/index.html?npt=NP1

Article posted October 19, 2011 at 01:31 AM GMT • comment • Reads 105

On "CNN Student News", I saw a section about this safe motorcycle. Now you’re probably thinking,” How can a motorcycle be safe?” An inventor named Daniel Kim created a motorcycle that looks like a skinny car, but with two wheels. The motorcycle has a steering wheel and is fully electric. Now how exactly can a mini car survive an accident? The motorcycle has sliding wheels that make the motorcycle always be upright! How neat is that?! I think that the invention of this safe motorcycle is AMAAAAAAZINGGGG!!!  :0 You can see this for yourself at http://www.cnn.com/studentnews/

Article posted October 19, 2011 at 12:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 93

That CARD idea for students who good on tests is sad and stupid! 2 things that kids my age (or at least me!) are motivated by: candy, or money. They should hand out 2 dollar coupons for iTunes or something, OR get some candy and hand it out to kids who do good. Like mini Twix bars or Kit-Kats or something cool. Or just let them pick! I know a lot of people who don't like specific types of candy or are allergic. Maybe you should just let the kids vote on what they want to do! [LINK]

Astronomers now think that we can travel to another solar system in the 22nd century. Scientist George Hart thinks that robots will explore other solar systems with human brains. Scientists are planing to go to solar system Alpha Centauri. It is more than 25 trillion miles away! It has taken 34 years for Voyager 1 to go 11 billion miles. Nuclear power might work, but it would get you sick. No matter how scientists find out how to get to the next solar system, they will be determined to get their quickly before the 23rd century.

I think space travel is absolutely interesting because we might find more life in the galaxy. I also find space fascinating. There are so many mysteries about the Milky Way. Accomplishing space travel will contribute in answering many questions about space.

I got my information from: [LINK]

Sunday, the 18th, we all felt shock when watching the Las Vegas Motor Speedway Crash. It all started when two cars touched tires. Others cars started to slow, but not all were safe. Some cars had flown through the air, some crashed into the wall. By the time the crash was over, 15 cars had been damaged, 3 had been injured and one-Dan Wheldon-dead.Dan wheldon was a 2 time Indy 500 winner and he will be missed... . I had acctually been watching the race on T.V with my brother and dad when it happend. When we were watching, we had no clue if everyone was going to be okay. Our feelings worsend when we saw the hospital helicopter leave with Dan Wheldon. It was a terrible end to a great season.

[LINK]

I read an article about how tons of people around the world jumped for one minute in an attempt to break the world record for most people jumping at once. It was cool that the main goal in all of this was to have people being active. I think this article shows that we can start chain reactions with our actions. Everyone should get up each day and exercise.

[LINK]

The article I read was about a football team which was ambushed(attacked unexpectedly) with helmets. The opposing team locked the locker room doors and soon the team found themselfs cornered in the locker room with angry men and helmets. Many of the men were bruised after the brawl. After this incodent the schools will not play eachother in any game this year. My first immpression to the was, wow, how immature. I didn't understand why a team would put up with all the consequences to hurt another team. I didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I just hope they learned some kind of lesson and never do it again.

[LINK]

Article posted October 18, 2011 at 04:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

I just read an article about two prisoners from other countries that are scheduled for transfer. These prisoners both have life sentences and are both in for threatening life. To me this is a stupid idea, why would you swap two prisoners that have the same life sentence. And also this process will take a couple months to be completed, why waste your time transferring prisoners when they can just stay in the jail they were originally in. Here is the link to the website: [LINK]