7th grade was a lot better than what I expected because lots of 8th graders last year said that it was the worst out of the 3 grades, but for me it wasn’t hard. I had many successful times like playing on the school teams and going undefeated and almost in b-ball. Right now I can’t think of any unsuccessful times even though there were some. I learned lots of academically things like always. The things that I would change are the projects and make more of them, not all really big, but just more (they were all lots of fun). Even thought this was not the hardest year, I did have to learn things the hard way sometimes. Some things that I would like to do or change in 8th grade would probably be to still focus in class and to try new and different things. Surviving 7th grade is easy, all you have to do is stay on track with all of your work, try new things, and have fun. If you do those things you will have no problem surviving 7th grade.

I LOVED International Towne! It was a great experience for me, but it wasn’t the first one for me because I went to Young AmeriTowne in elementary school. I learned how to exchange that $, how to do the paper work there, and what things to sell. One thing that I would change would be to make it a longer day there because it was REALLY short. The best part for me was being there with my friends and buying lots of things from there. So this all was a good experience to me.

World history has influenced our lives today in so any ways. With all of the Greek gods and goddess’ they help make the earth a better place and also with all of the different cultures around this planet. The goddess I chose was Aphrodite and she affected the Greek culture our lives today because without her we most likely would not have all of the plants growing all around the earth because every where she went or she stood, plants grew all around her. I have learned lots of things about how Aphrodite affected the earth to make it be the way it is today and it was also the most interesting thing for me. She helped the plants grow and she brought love all throughout the city of Greece. This was interesting to me because she I thought that she was only known for bringing love and beauty around, but I found out that she was much more than that and she contributed so much to influence our lives today in a different way. World history has influenced our lives lot and it will continue to.

I didn’t have a lot of time to go around and see everyone’s project, but from what I saw I there were many things about the different temples, food, and the different people. The food at the fair was all very new and good to me. It was fun trying all of the food from way back in the day. There weren’t lots of temples/buildings, but some of them were interesting to look at and learn about. I saw a few buildings that were well built for a 3D project and they were really cool! Also, the different people were the most common projects because I saw lots of people with things like masks, symbols of the person, and a few other things I can’t quite remember. One thing I remember was that a few people did a mask of King Tut and all of them looked alike, but they were different in many ways, too. This whole fair turned out so much better than what I expected it to be like. I am glad that everyone looked happy and proud of the work they put in into their project.

I have only read the first 2 chapters of the book and I don’t know much about it, but I can’t wait to learn about it. Since I have only read the first 2 chapters with my class and that is as far that we have gotten, so I don’t really know the format. I also don’t really know what the “big idea” is and which characters I like or dislike. As you can see, I am kind of behind in that book.

All of the activities have been so much fun. There were many different ones and they were all new and interesting to me. My favorites were making things out of the pop cans and painting the rocks because the pop cans were new to me and I made a few different things (I think we should have had more time for painting the rocks because I was kind of rushing). I didn’t really like the worm activity because it was gross and also the seed bombs were gross, but I still had a good time in them.

My topic has created change in a few ways. I found out lots of new and interesting info. that will be helpful for the World History Fair. My final project is not coming along so well because I am taking slow steps , so I don't have much on my poster yet. All of my research will help answer my ? by supporting it with facts. I am soooooo not ready yet. I am a little scared and nervous because this is the biggest project I have ever done so far. Wish me luck!

This is a survey for all of you and I am doing this for the persuasive speech in LA, so if you could please answer the questions that would help a lot.

[LINK]

Article posted April 10, 2012 at 01:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

Joyful most of the time!

Organized and can barely handle unorganized!

Responsible every time I need to, unless I forget!

Determined everywhere I go!

Young, but not forever!

Nice all the time, unless I am anoyed or mad!

Article posted April 2, 2012 at 09:56 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 60

Dissecting the chicken wing was kind of gross, but kind of fun. It was gross because I don't like getting my hands into all of that stuff, but it was also fun because it was different. I think that it was worth while because I learned some new things about the different parts and what they do and how they work. Even though that one was not my favorite, I can't wait to dissect the frog because it will be even better.(I think).

Article posted March 20, 2012 at 12:50 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

My Bedroom!

Quiet and peaceful. It is very wonderful.

Colorful.

It has the colors light blue, green, and white.

So cute,

Like for a middle schooler, but note babyish.

Somewhat big,

Bigger than my sister's room, but nice and cozy.

My friends love it.

..........

And so do I=http://

Ernest Green is a great person and role model. He inspired me to stand up for myself and he also made my emotions go back and forth. While watching that movie I learned a lot of new things. At first, my reaction was happy that Ernest and his friends got into a new school, but then it turned to sadness because him and his friends were being mistreated and did not like their lives. Towards the end I felt very happy and excited for Ernest because he got the grade he wanted on the big test and graduated! If I was in that situation I would leave and go back to my old school because I would not be able to handle any of that. Ernest is a person with so much courage that I could not of continued like him. If I continued my journey I would probably be dead because I do not like to fight and I would get hurt very easily. I wish I had the courage that Ernest Green had at that time. Some things have changed, but in other places of the world it is probably still going on. I wish that all of this would stop and everyone would just move on with their lives.

Article posted March 1, 2012 at 02:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

The quote I chose was:

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."- Wayne Gretzky

Here is my poem to go with it:

Life is full of opportunities.

If you take a shot and miss, are you a failure?

Trying your best does not equal failure.

The whole point of sports is to take chances and be a risk taker.

When you take a chance will you ever grow from it?

If you don't take a chance you will never move forward.

Are you happy or sad when you take a chance?

When you take a chance, usually something good always comes out of it.

You can never be an athlete if you don't take chances.

Article posted February 22, 2012 at 12:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

This chapter has been fun, but not my favorite. I know a few things such as, definitions of words, the functions of what the objects do, and a few other things. The best part has been the labs and seeing how things change over time(which is why I chose my title because of the egg experiment we had). Also, the worst part has been getting ready for the test because I am not as good with this unit, but I am still pretty good. We have done some labs and they were all fun.

During my free time

In the bright, dull afternoons

Over the long and short weekends

After school

With all my friends

Past the wide, bright meadow

Beneath the clouds

Before delicious food

On the grass

On the slippery court

Near many tall and short people

Under a ceiling

With shoes

Without warm, fuzzy socks

Inside a big house

By a younger blond-haired sister

At night

In the dim, colorful morning

During the hot day

Up the stairs

Down the bumpy, not steep hills

For a long time

On the wide ground

Article posted February 7, 2012 at 02:36 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

I have been reading the same book for a long time and it is also what I am reading now. The book is called Mission Unpopular by Anna Humphrey. I am enjoying how this girl named Margot is making her way through 7th grade without her BF, Erika, and she has made new friends. I am disliking how she is not really hanging out with her BF and Erika is feeling really lonely. Pretty good book so far!

Article posted February 2, 2012 at 01:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 65

Hey guess what. Today(2/1/12) the girls b-ball team played Challenger and the 8th graders played great and won as well as the 7th graders, but unfortunately it came down to 1 point and Challenger won. We as a team played great, but made many of mistakes. I just wanted everyone to know that and not blame anything on any 7th graders and I hope that you cheer us on for Mondays game against Eagleview, again. All girls did great=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://!!!

I have never heard this quote before, but it is a very good one. I think that some of the “tools” that poets use to create effect in their writing are rhyme, rhythme, they express their feelings, put a lot of thought in their writing, they can be slow or upbeat, and many more things. These are some of the "tools" poets might use and there are many more out there.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 12:35 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

I chose "Believe you can and you're halfway there," Theodore Roosevelt. I think that it means if you think that you can do something you are 1/2 there because once you actually do it then that is fully there. It applies to my own life because if in sports I believe in myself then I know that I can do it, but if I don't then I will never be fully there. Yes it could make a change in someone else's life because if I encourage someone that I know they can do it then they will believe in themselves and be 1/2 there. Also, if I encourage other people then it would brighten their spirits and impact the world a ton! It could make an impact on the world because if everyone believed in themselves that they could do something then no one would think that they are no good or something like that. That is why I chose this quote.

Article posted January 10, 2012 at 03:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 74

My 2012 goals are to keep working hard in sports, always get good grades in school, make more friends, and many more things. Working hard in sports involves change by trying new things or taking a risk and also working on other things I need to work on. For getting good grades in school there is not much change, but I still need to do my best and work hard. Also, for making more friends that involves change by not being as shy, talking to more people, and hanging out with new people, but still keep friends that I have now.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

My wiki page and video went pretty well, but we had some hard times. I think that it was a lot of fun working in a group this way. The communication in our group was effective at some times, but also not because when it was effective we knew what we were doing then when it wasn’t effective then we all got confused. We definitely had some things that we could of done different like maybe sometimes understanding each other a few times, we could of planned to get on the wiki page at the same time over the weekend, and we probably should of started our video earlier because we were all kind of in panic mode the last few days. Some things that went well were that we started on our wiki page early and our research, some of our communication went well, and everything turned out great! Also, we could keep the same working on things early so we were not behind. I think that you and Mrs. G next year can maybe start on this a little earlier because a lot of people were panicking because they didn’t think that they could finish it in time. Also, maybe have Mrs. G’s students get on the computer more at school and if they can’t at school then at home every night because my partner was like never on and did not do much with this project. Other than that it was a lot of fun and an interesting project!

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 01:49 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

I don't know a lot about Greece, but a little. Their culture and country is very unique. They are very religious. Also, they show great passion in their culture. The country of Greece has many diverse cultures. I know a little more, but I can't think of a lot.

What we are doing in Humanities class is fun, but also interesting. Right now we have done one individual task and a few group tasks. One group task was to design a flag that represents our state city. Also, we need to make up a tune to sing the a, b, c's to. I am kind of afraid to see all of the things we are going to do.

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 12:45 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

I think that this poetry thing in LA class is very interesting. It looks hard, but probablly isn't as hard as I think it is. I have Sylvia Plath and she is very interesting to learn about. I can't wait to see how the projects turn out. I hope that everyone else has fun with this!

Article posted November 15, 2011 at 02:14 AM GMT • comment • Reads 87

I am thankful for many things, but the most important things are my family, school, and how free our country is. I am so thankful for my family because they are all so wonderful people and I am glad that they are in my life with me here today. Also, I am thankful that I go to school because if I didn't go to school growing up later on would be very hard and since I go to school I can get a good job that I would like. Last, but not least I am thankful for how free of a country I have to live in. The U.S. is an amazing place to live and I would never change that ever!

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 01:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 117

The best mystery that I have ever read was probably "The Oblong Crate" because the writer always made conclusions on what was in the crate and it always kept me thinking what was truly in the crate. I think that the author did well at making conclusions that were wrong and I would always think about what was actually in the crate. They were all really good conclusions so I thought that those things were what was in the crate. All of the conclusions that he made kept me going because I eventually found out that they were wrong so I just had to know. Here is my short story starter:

One dark, snowy night a girl named Sally went to her family jewelry shop like she does every night to help sell jewelry. As she walks in she finds out that the lock on a jewelry case has been messed with and once she gets closer she realizes that the famous emerald was MISSING! Right away she called the cops and they rushed over to investigate. Some evidence that they gathered was that there were fingerprints on the glass with some smeared chocolate donut frosting. It got way too late so the cops said that they would go to the donut shop in the morning and ask the baker a few questions.

The next morning the police and Sally arrived at the donut shop early and went to go ask the assistant manager if they could speak with the manager, but she said that the manager was not at work yet and it was very unusual because he was almost always here on time. "Then may we ask you a few questions Ms. Shosherman?" said one of the cops to the lady. "Sure," replied Ms. Shosherman. The cops asked all sorts of questions like have you seen anyone mysterious come into you shop, was your manager here yesterday, and a lot of other things. AS Sally was sitting away from the cops and Ms. Shosherman she noticed that all of the chocolate covered donuts were gone and reported that to the cops! finally the cops said that they needed to get more clues about all of this so they went off and said they would be back tomorrow with some conclusions.

I think that blogging is really cool and I like all of the assignments, but I think that maybe some weeks we should have like a fun blog because some weeks students have lots of other homework. My experience has been really good because I used to not like blogging, but this way is really fun. I think that it has gone smoothly and in some parts a little rough because sometimes I am rushing to get it done. Blogging is way cooler than writing like essays so we should definitely keep blogging.

I love how we had to answer the question "Why is it important to remember?" I think that my strongest paragraph was my conclusion so once you read this I would appreciate it if you would give some feedback. Here it is:

It is good to always remember anything tragic or good in life like 9/11, World War II, and the people who defend our country. By remembering the ups and downs in life helps us remember what is most important in life: FAMILY. Also it always takes a tragedy to happen to refocus us on our loved ones. I encourage you to always remember!

Article posted October 19, 2011 at 01:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

Have you ever wanted to always be able to go to a place that you love all the time until people are thinking of shutting it down? Well, that is what the WMF are for because they are experts on saving the most precious places or even some non- beautiful places all around the world. I have currently read about sites being worth saving. In that article it talked about sites all around the world need to be saved because so many people liked them. All of these sites are like old run-down places, but some are very nice and people still visit them. They should be saved because they are sites that people treasured and that people loved to visit. This is very important because some sites people loved, but some sites people did not really like so they have to make the right choices.

I totally agree with what they are doing and that this is a good thing, but if there are sites that maybe people don't go to or they don't like I think that they should not save them because if people don't go now they probably won't go later on. I am not saying don't protect sites I am just saying that not every site is worth saving. Like I said above they need to make sure that they make all the right choices on what sites to save. The site below is the one that I visited:

[LINK]

I actually just started a book called Mission Unpopular by Anna Humphrey. It is called Mission Unpopular because this girl named Margot does not believe in herself at all and thinks that she is unpopular. So far I am just learning about the characters.  I like how Margot loses her best friend and then she right away finds a new friend and they become really close. She is still really close to her other friend that moved to a different school. My book I can tell is going to be really good!

POPCORN

Hurray!

Buttery Fun!

It is so DELICOUS!

All sorts of kinds!

Yum! Yum!

I am talking about popcorn because it is the best food EVER!

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 02:57 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

Going to Fox Run Park was a lot of fun and I thought that we did lots of interesting things! I think that the best part was the team building at the end because They were definitely fun to do and even though they were challenging my team would eventually come up with a strategy and work it out all together. Also, I enjoyed the team building and the O' Dear game. I enjoyed the team building because like I said it was a lot of fun and the O' Dear game because it was interesting how it started out with lots of supplies and then like 3 things were left and that was a lot of fun, too. At the Fox Run Park I learned so many things like the creek temperature and its surroundings, what will happen when the dear run out of supplies, what types of plants were there, and many more things. Going to the Fox Run Park was a lot of fun!

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 02:56 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

I feel that this is very important. Also, it was very good of librarians, teachers, booksellers, and members of the community to retain the books in the library collections so now for a week kids can read any book they want to even if it was banned. Freedom of Speech falls into this when all sorts of people want a book and if it is banned then they can speak up and be able to look at that book. We all should have the choice to choose because everyone has a different perspective on books. I think that books should and should not be banned. Books should be banned because there might be very inappropriate books out in our world, but books should not be banned because one person might think that a book is really bad while another person might think that that book is very interesting. Also, a book might be appropriate for one, but not another. To sum up I think that the Banned Books Week is very good because it gives everyone a chance to read really anything.

Article posted September 23, 2011 at 02:40 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 66

They are doing a few things wrong like how on the division kind of thing you can’t just forget about the first # and go back to it that is not how you do it. Also, their adding is wrong because you can’t add the right side then the left side with it. They got all of that to work because the first # 7 goes into 8 the second # of 28 and then they subtracted the 7 from the 8 and dropped the 2 and went from there. You can use a lot of #’s with this, but all that I found out was 3, 24, and 17 with each other then 4, 28, and 25. Also, you can use 6, 36, 15 and 2, 20, 10. I figured this out by just guessing the first # then I knew what it went into and had that as the second # and found the third # by doing their math. Then, I made sure that it worked with the addition part and they did!

Article posted September 12, 2011 at 10:40 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 53

The most scariest thing that has ever happened to me was when I was running in my garage and I was going to go outside, but then I tripped before I went to go duck and hit my head on the garage door while it was opening. This was scary because I thought that I did something bad to my head, but fortunately I didn't.

I think that the presentation will be very life changing to a lot of people at MRMS. So I do think that it is worthwhile, needed, and effective. I think that it is worthwhile, needed, and effective because this will definitely change how people treat others. It will affect everyone because now they should know that they should treat others in a good way because you never know what may happen. Also, if you want to be treated nicely you should treat others the way that you would like to be treated. I took away how I should treat others, especially people who are not familiar with something because it is always the right thing to do. I will change how I talk to people. It is not like I ever talked to someone in a mean way I am just saying that I will watch what I say to someone just in case another person hears it and they get offended. I hope that this presentation will change your actions, too.

Article posted August 30, 2011 at 11:50 PM GMT • comment (9) • Reads 83

1. I love to play 4 sports such as: soccer, volleyball, basketball, and track.

2. I love to be athletic.

3. I like to listen to music.

4. I love popcorn.

5. Math is my favorite subject.

6. I really like spending time with my friends.

7. I have 2 dogs.