Article posted May 10, 2012 at 01:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 179

I had sooo much fun at I-towne! Is was an amazing experiance! I learned about how countries rely on others for things they need, and trade, and about the different careers. The only thing I would change is that we should get longer breaks so that we can travel to more countries and have more time for the acticities. I guess the best part was getting paid our salary, because then we could go purchase whatever we wanted, and to get to participate in some of the cultural activities. Overall, it was sooooooooo much fun!!

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 02:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

My project has been going really well. My tri-fold board is very decorative, and has a lot of research that explains waht hieroglyphics are and why they were important, which is my guiding question. I also spent a lot of time on my 3-D display of an Ancient Egyptian tablet. I believe that my reaserch fully answers my guiding question, and I am totally ready for the fair!!! I'm very excited!

Article posted April 10, 2012 at 11:21 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 76

I can't believe I'm almost an 8th grader! I've been realizing more and more how important it is to set goals for ourselves and how exciting it is to achieve them. This last quarter I am going to make a list of goals that I want to achieve during the final quarter, since it's the most important. Then, by the end of the year, I can reflect on how I did. It's always important to set goals for ourselves.

Article posted February 15, 2012 at 03:57 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 75

In the black of night.

Across the dark city streets of Gotham.

In the blink of an eye.

In pursuit of a villain.

Above your head, toward the victim of crime.

For tomorrow among us beneath the buildings.

Beside you as a regular man.

As a dark knight, into the darkness along he goes.

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 02:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 77

Sometimes poems can come the poet spontaneously and they pour out their innermost secrets, and emotions. They can use very descriptive words or talk like people did in the olden times. They can even have rhythm or rhyme to receive the desired effect they pictured in their minds.

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 02:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 77

I chose number 4: "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." ~Albert Einstein. I believe this means that it's okay to ask questions because that is how we learn. Curiosity is natural. This applies to my life because I am always curious and if I don't get a straight answer, I will keep asking until I get one. This could change someone's life because it can help their education because they will want to dig deeper and learn more. It can make an impact on the world because we can invent new technology and medecine for our generation all because someone dug deeper and strived to learn more.

One thing I am thankful for is my family (including my cat, Emma) because without them, I don't know how I would survive in this world.

Second, I am grateful for friends, because true friends are always there for. When you need a shoulder to cry on, or someone who has the guts to watch a scary movie with you, they are always there.

Finally, I am thankful for trees because without them, we wouldn't have paper. And also we wouldn't be able to breathe.

Article posted November 6, 2011 at 02:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 159

It is important to always remember because we can lean from our mistakes and change for the better. Change can sometimes be hard, and even scary, but that doesn't mean we don't have the ability to overcome our fears. We all have a story to tell, a memory that we will always remember. We see and hear it every day. In a picture, a song, a news paper article. There is always something there to remind us of our most important memories. And we should never forget them, because they remind us to build a better future for generations to come.

Does this stay on topic of WHY we should always remember?

Article posted November 6, 2011 at 02:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

Honestly, I've been having problems with blogging, because I'm a much better writer, not necessarily a blogger. It's just not my thing. I would prefer blogs being writing assignments because I would alwasy turn them in on time because I alwasy keep my binder organized and I love writing. This way would be much more sufficient for me.

Article posted October 18, 2011 at 02:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

A good book I've read lately is Harris and Me by Gary Paulsen. I like it because you can get a feel of what living on a farm is like, in a fun and cooky way. I also enjoyed reading about the fun times that the two main boys had together, I would always crack up while reading it. It's a great book, and I have enjoyed many other by the same author.

Article posted September 28, 2011 at 02:10 AM GMT • comment • Reads 69

The field trip to Fox Run was awesome! I loved it! The best part was learning about animals’ camouflage and how they blend in to their natural surroundings. The pictures that Mr. Howard showed us were amazing! I couldn’t believe my eyes! My favorite activity was the island relay because I got to practice teamwork with all my friends and it took a lot problem-solving, and I like confusing puzzles like that. I also enjoyed the Oh Deer activity because we learned about how the deer live with their three basic needs: food, water, shelter. And how they can’t live with just one, like us. They have to be wise and not take advantage of the years’ supply and use it all up too fast. I thought that was interesting to learn about. Overall, the field trip to Fox Run was by far the best field trip ever!

Well, obviously, 7 times 4 equals 28. So if there are seven officers and 28 donuts, each officer gets 4 donuts. However if the baker actually made 91 donuts then each officer would get 13 as the baker originally thought. For example, if you did 12 times 8 in the baker’s way of solving then you could easily make the same mistake by adding the wrong way. Ergo you could accidentally end up with 24.

Article posted September 14, 2011 at 02:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

When I was little, my brother put something on a spoon and told me it was frosting. Well I was too little to know any better, (and what child can resist frosting??) so I ate it and….. MY MOUTH WAS ON FIRE! It was actually wasabi. Never let someone play that trick on you. Never…

Article posted September 12, 2011 at 03:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

I think the Rachel’s Challenge assembly is important because I believe students need to know how much of an impact someone can make on the world for being kind and showing compassion. I really thought “What if I everyone simply lived like today was their last?” I will never hold a grudge. I will make friends, not enemies.

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 02:32 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 46

Seven Random Facts about…. MEE!!

1. I LOVE photography!

2. I have a cat named Emma Louise Robinson.

3. My favorite show is How I Met Your Mother.

4. Sometimes I drink pickle juice.

5. My favorite actor is Julie Andrews.

6. I’m a Twilight fan.

7. I can’t sleep without socks on.