I love reading Sir Conan Doyle's mysteries! He just puts a lot of red herrings. I really like the "Adventure of the Priory School". You think you know the person who did the crime, but you are so surprised to find out who really did it! It's crazy! Sir Conan Doyle is an AMAZING mystery writer! I love the way he likes to leave the answer to the crime until the very end, when Sherlock Holmes tells all the things he figured out.
For my own mystery I think I will start out with the preview of the ending and then start with a flashback. I really like the mysteries that do that. This is probably what it is going to sound like. "She was in front of my eyes. Standing like she had been awaiting something terrifying. Where had she been? But I began to see the mystery unfold, starting with the rope that bound my sister's ankles." I don't know if that is what I'm really going to do. It's just a little jotting of things that I thought would be a good start.

Article posted November 12, 2011 at 12:45 AM • comment • Reads 52 • see all articles