Article posted May 20, 2012 at 02:12 AM GMT • comment • Reads 204

I wouldn't say it was my favorite year but it was fun. I made atleast 7 new friends. I learned that it was kind of hard, but I pulled through. I really liked the teachers this year. All in all, this was a fun year.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 01:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 79

I learned that I should keep better track of my money because I eventually ran out of it. I think this was a great experience and learned a lot. If I could change anything a bit, I would change the rule about the running and nothing except selling was exciting I do wish that Greece could have shipped more stuff. Singapore got all the fun because people would constantly go there. We still had tons of products. I heard that some people in Germany were so desperate that they pinned people up against the wall and forced them to by their product. The best part was seeing my friends in funny hats. I think India had the best hats because they had fezzes. All in all, it was really fun.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 01:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 64

http://quizlet.com/_78awa

pedicure professional care for the feet and toenails

malaria an infective disease caused by an infective disease caused by sporozoan parasites that are transmitted through the bite of an infected Anopheles mosquito

malefactor someone who has committed (or been legally convicted of) a crime

malevolent wishing or appearing to wish evil to others

malfeasance wrongful conduct by a public official

malice the quality of threatening evil

malignant extremely malevolent or malicious

malnourished not being provided with adequate nourishment

malodorous unpleasant-smelling

sufferage the right to vote

jettison throw as from an airplane

sector measuring instrument consisting of two graduated arms hinged at one end

frail/fract/ frag break;shatter

section the cutting of or into body tissues or organs (especially by a surgeon as part of an operation)

trajectory the path followed by an object moving through space

ped foot

bio life

man/manu hand

vit/viv life

manicure professional care for the hands and fingernails

So, I just thought that I sould post something because I am just so board. I use to have fun when my brothers live here and one by one they just moved away, Could you help my find a way to have fun by myself. PLEASE!!! HELP!!!

So far, my over view of Seedfolks is still not exactly good because of how I’m going to be gone on Friday the 27 to the 29th and so I have to work on tweeking my World History Project. Sorry I got a bit off topic, in my opinion, it is not as good as I thought it would be. I thought it would repeat each character like a book written, by the same author, called “Bull Run”. HE repeated the characters, but that is just my opinion.

IN science, well… I guess we are planting plants for Space info and sadly we don’t get paid to do it which would be nice. I have no idea how it is related to Seedfolks but, it is more on the side of science than the community around a bad neighborhood.

My project is going well but I have one flaw. thats is probably my display. I have started on making the pieces I need but making a small scale model doesn't seem hard. The poster board is being questioned by me, does your report/essay go on there or do we just rewrite paragraphs?

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 12:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 60

To sum it up, I'm talking about MW3. So today I'm going to inform you on tips for survival mode in "Spec Ops". So when you get up to wave 10, there is this thing called a juggernaut and is strong, so weak firearms "suck", go for explosives or LMGs. Waves 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, ect... those are some of the waves that have juggernauts. At about wave 23, helcopters will come in for most of the waves 23 though 25. this can prevent you from going outside, so I sugjest that you refill you ammo. Use the riot squad whatever you do use the riot squad. So I guess thats it.

Dissecting a chicken wing is fun. From what I learned having a vegetarian as a partner is not good. At least I didn't have that happen to me. Some parts I might have done wrong but it was fun. Nothing really grosser me out but, the blood vessel was disturbing. My lab partner took the probe and squized some blood out. Ick!!!

One morning my mom and I were reading the Denver Post and so we read the topic for the next week's haiku and I later won the following week and this is my poem.

Denver Post haiku

Mom forces me to listen

Tuesday's agony

by Evan

age 10

[LINK]

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 01:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

I was scared and worried about Ernest Green because of the way the people in school treated him. In my opinion, I would not have the courage that Ernest had but I would be like the the other ones and leave the school. I thought that it was a great movie. Recently I watched "The Help" and I was comparing The Ernest Green Story and also was watching the actions the white people did to the black people. So I guess that is my opinion on the movie. Indeed this was a good movie.

Article posted February 29, 2012 at 12:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

“The farther backward you can look the farther forward you can see.”

Winston Churchill

You cannot turn back time, but you can look at memories.

You can predict the future, but you can’t predict what has past.

You can change the future, but when you look forward, all you can see is the day before tomorrow.

Article posted February 25, 2012 at 02:50 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

So far it has been fun indeed but I am the worst at science so if I get something wrong, we learned about osmosis and the parts of cells etc. My favorite part of the cell would be the nucleus because that resembles the brain more than anything in a cell. My brother studies neuroscience so I can ask if he also knows about the nucleus. I feel confident but still worried about when the test is!?!?!? All in all, this has been one of my favorite topics in science.

Article posted February 15, 2012 at 02:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 60

Silence in the School

Among the instruments in the band room.

Through the empty hallways among the class rooms.

By the high stairs and the quiet foyer.

Inside the office and across the large school.

Past the open front and beyond to the green field.

Below the blue sky and above the rich Earth.

From the small portables and down the infinite track.

For there with silence in the silent school.

The only thing that bothered me is that I accidentally set it up to be with silence but that’s it.

The book I am reading is Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. It is about a young orphan boy named Pip and lives with his abusive sister and her husband. He falls in love with a girl and goes off to become a gentleman. When he comes back, he finds that she is with someone else. The book is actually the closest to Dicken's life because his mom died and his dad went to prison. This is truely a good book.

I just got this new book for piano and I love it but the downside is that the binding stinks. That’s not as important though, I just had an Honor Band Concert. I probably did the worst of all because I was tired and my throat was sore. It still is!, I have been drinking lots of liquid but it still is sore! I don’t understand!?!?

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 01:15 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

Some of the tools poets use in their writing is emphasis and feeling. Like how colors look different in somebody else's perspective. They take their opinions and thought into their writing and make it into poetry. It can also be used to express other things like hate and love. Some can be random. Many have to be explained to get what the poet is saying. Most are comical and annoying. They use new and weird words and some put normal words. Like "Jabberwocky" by Luis Carroll. He made up words that could be interpreted in different ways. Those are some of the things poets use.

I cannot stand my noisy neighbors, because they honestly do not know how to play, all they can do scream. They leave trash in my yard. The list goes on until you get to one of the last ones. This one kid is the most annoying, he barges into houses so he can just yell into your house calling your name and ring the door bell. I am forced to be nice to them even though they anger me. Although they have aspects that I dislike, “Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength.” Dalai Lama.

Article posted January 13, 2012 at 12:04 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 42

One of my goals is to do well in solo ensemble this year at the school, also to beat a video game. These are only some of the things that I am hoping for. The last thing I want to do this year is visit my friend in California and to get through 7th grade by getting good grades. :)

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 12:38 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

I think my project did not go well. I did not like working in a group. The communication in my group was not effective I could have said “Hey look at me and listen”. Nothing went well and I could work more productively. You could give the students more time. Also that the people from the other state could be nicer and NOT freak out.

Article posted December 10, 2011 at 01:36 AM GMT • comment • Reads 64

Honestly I don’t really know much but I found out about the dark-ages. I also found out about how they practiced politics. Also that they believed in other gods which made them polytheists. There were also things called polis which are also known as city states.

There are many things that I am doing in Humanities. We got to choose our polis and we get and lose points if we do something right or wrong. There will be some competitions later on but we are still learning about Greece its culture, the alphabet, and many more things.

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 12:27 AM GMT • comment • Reads 75

Do you know what I struggle with, my sheet music for piano. Some things just irritate me because I know lots of the music but the problem is I need to play up to tempo. I get some of the rhythms but I can’t play up to tempo immediately and it is ticking me off. Advice needed!!! Don’t give me that start slow stuff though, I know it already. Please reply. P.S. give me good advice.

What I am thankful for is friends. This is because if you get in trouble, they are there to back you up. Also, I'm thankful for having soda. Why, because sometimes I just need something to help me do my really REALLY boring homework. Lastly,I am thankful for having books. So every time I get really bored, I read (in some cases I like to draw). Those are the things I can be thankful for. P.S. Friends can make good alibis in sticky situations.

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 02:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 75

The best mystery I ever read was The Cat Who Robbed A Bank by Lilian Jackson Braun. It is about a person who is mysteriously found in his room dead! He was a jewel dealer so he was an open target to the public. The main character is Jim Qwilleran accompanied by his cats Koko and Yum Yum. They all investigate the crime. Yes, the cats help. They have a somewhat psychic ability to help Jim. I like this book because it is not a scary mystery book. The author makes the book suspenseful so I want to keep reading. I also have two cats that I love but they aren’t psychic.

Here is the beginning of a story I would write: One day when I came home from school I sat down to see if any of my cats would show up to sit on my lap. I searched all of the room and found they were gone! I also checked the doors and windows too; they were locked.

I believe that it is fun and blogging is way, way better than doing reports. Blogging helps getting to know your classmates better. They are interesting people. Since blogging assignments are writing I liked it better than writing. I don’t know what we should write about next time but we could write about video games or movies.

Article posted October 27, 2011 at 12:14 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 63

One reason is to remember those who have fought in the war. We also do this to remember those who have died in battle for the U.S. This is because the families for those who have returned or died can celebrate what they did for our country. We forget some times that people are fighting a war. Also, we can remember who we are and who they are. If you could just think about it, you can realize that people work hard for America.” Activate yourself to duty by remembering your position, who you are, and what you have obliged yourself to be.” – Thomas Kempis can show that who we are and what we do should never change.

Please Reply.

Article posted October 20, 2011 at 12:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 100

Scientists have finally discovered a planet out of our solar system that could be possible to live on the planet. Although it is possible to live there it would have the everyday temperature to be 85 to 120 degrees! You cannot supply water because since it is so humid it would probably evaporate. It is also said that it is 1800 degrees less than the sun. That is still too hot. I believe that someday we will find a planet to live on besides Earth.Those are the reasons why I think this was interesting.I also think that this was an intriguing find because not everyday you find a planet that is habitable. [LINK]

Article posted October 12, 2011 at 02:25 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

One of the books that I have read recently was Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes. Although this was a shorter version of the story, it is still a great book. The book is about a man who just loves reading about knight errantry and “becomes” a knight. At his side there is Sancho Panza, his squire that was promised to receive an island to govern after Don Quixote finishes his quest. Don Quixote seeks to see Dulcinea, which is the person that he loves. He also attacks windmills, groups of sheep, and other random objects. At the end, he dies after he was defeated. I like this book because I learned new Spanish words. It was also funny.

Article posted October 5, 2011 at 01:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 65

One day Evan was going to his bus and he realized that he had left his lunch box in his locker. So since he was early, he went back to his locker and saw it was not there! After he checked the cafeteria and found no lunch boxes there. Then he said he would go to the bus instead. As he was now sprinting to the full bus, he also noticed that he dropped his text book and so he had to get up and get it. Due to those mistakes, he had the misfortune to miss his bus when he realized that his stuff was on the bus=http://=http://!!!!

My trip to Fox Run Park was interesting. My favorite part was the free time because I got to talk to people. I got to see my friends that I don’t get to see often. My favorite activity was the pond study. This is because I like things that live in water. I also liked the camouflage thing too. It was interesting to learn about blending in. I learned about how hard it is to survive in the wild. If you have certain abilities then you might have a better chance of living.

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 02:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 72

Many books are banned for a reason. I believe that the reason why people ban books is because the knowledge that people read in book can bring fear and this comes to show that they don’t want to see the book ever again. People can read what they want to read but others can't make that decision for them.

Article posted September 23, 2011 at 01:01 AM GMT • comment • Reads 68

(Video 1) 13 cannot be multiplied by 7 because you would have 91. See you have 28 drinks and you have 7 groups, how many will you have each? Well the answer is 4. 28÷7=4. lllllll lllllll lllllll lllllll

(Video2) 14 cannot be multiplied by 5 because you would get 70. See you now have 5 drinks and you have 5 groups, how many will you have each? Well the answer is 5. 25÷5=5. E= people. eeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee eeee

Article posted September 14, 2011 at 04:17 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 96

The stupidest thing that happened to me was in 1st grade. My lunch box looked exactly like my neighbor’s and so I decided to go to lunch after my grade did. I was so stupid. Then I went to the lunch room and grabbed “my” lunch box. After that my friend came over and told me that was his lunch box. Then all afternoon, I was thinking about how much of an idiot I was.

Article posted September 8, 2011 at 12:55 AM GMT • comment • Reads 73

I believe that was indeed an emotional assembly that we middle schoolers witnessed. Yes I do agree that it was worthwhile to see the presentation. This is because lots of people don’t know the story. I also think that it is correct to inform those that never heard the story. This experience persuaded me to be a better person. I hope to try harder on this mission to be nicer. I do hope that many people learn from this and think to themselves that they live a good life and that your time on Earth is short, so live life to the limit.

Article posted August 29, 2011 at 09:33 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 64

1 I like to play the piano.

2 I play French horn.

3 I like airsoft.

4 I am from Korea.

5 I like to sleep.

6 I am Asian.

7 I like to draw.