This seventh grade year was surprisingly really fun. I expected this year to be filled with a boat load of homework, and to be very boring. But it was actually filled with many laughs and good memories. I really enjoyed playing school sports and meeting new friends. Academically I learned to always study for a test, but personally I learned that throughout the years you will make new friends but your best friends will always stay with you. Also I learned about the importance of friends. If I could change one thing this year I would have been nicer to people because sometimes I was really mean. In 8th grade I want to get all A’s again and I want to make even more friends. For all of the 6th graders who want to survive 7th grade, they shouldn’t chew gum and they shouldn’t talk when the teachers talking. Those are the things that make teachers the most mad. This year has been really memorable and I will really miss all of the teachers and all of the students who are moving.

International Towne was a lot smaller than I expected. As finance minister of Germany my job was to keep track of all the money and make sure we made a profit. That was a relatively easy job. During this field trip I learned the importance of relationships between countries. Countries depend on each other for money and supplies. Something that I would definitely change is the break time I would make it longer because it was very hard to get in six cultural activities and make it back on time. But with that aside, International Towne was a really entertaining experience.

I like how the author switches point of view throughout each chapter. I think the basic storyline is that even though people live different lifes and have different cultures, a small thing such as a garden can bring a communtiy together. My favorite activity this week was making flowers in Mr. Howards class. I liked this activity because I got to express how I felt and It was a break from math.

Learning about Ernest Green and his impact on the world was very interesting, and inspiring. If I was in Ernest's shoes, I would have beaten the crud out off the guys teasing me. Being in the conditions there were in would make it very tough not to fight back. I admire Ernest, and the for staying strong and fighting through the pain. The discrimination is today’s world is a lot better, but we still have it. We have come a fair way in the world, and hopefully someday we will get rid of discrimination completely! (what a lovely place the world would be then)

For the world history fair project my topic was “The Roman Republic”. My research went very well and was quite easy. I ended up finding tons more than I need. I have completed my fasces and am almost finished with my poster board. I am really excited to have everyone see what I have been working on.

Well it doesn’t seem quite like spring yet but I will certainly do some blogging. Lately I’ve been reading a fictional book by the author that visited our school not too long ago. His name is Scott Appleton and I managed to get a signed copy from him. The book is called Swords of the Six and it’s really good. Swords of the Six is the first in a seven book series called The Sword of the Dragon. Currently Mr. Appleton is writing the third book of the series and will finish it shortly.

Article posted April 3, 2012 at 02:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

Yes Mrs.Lubich we did dissect chicken wings. It was very………. educational. I’m not the kind to go out and slaughter chickens for a bunch of middle school kids to cut apart with scissors, but I learned a lot. Learning how the muscles controlled the bones was the most interesting part. I personally am not going to form an opinion on whether the dissection was “worth it” but if you want to it basically comes down to whether you value the hands on learning or the chickens life more. Hmmm sounds like a perfect time to uncover some more about yourself and your personality. (If you do that stuff)

Here are 2  poems I wrote for my poetry packet.

In the Middle

I’m neutral

Not happy

Not sad

Not as emotionless as a stone

Just in the middle

Nothing to be glad about

Nothing to be sad about

Just neutral

Limitless Infuriation

I’m enraged

Not angry

Not displeased

Not like I’m ever going to forget

I’ve become so provoked

I’ve become so irritated

That there are no bounds to my irate infuriation