Greece was known for their religion and beliefs. They had many different ways to rule. Some had kings others had a group of people.

What we are doing in humanities is splitting up into groups. Then Making a logo for our city-states. Then learning a Greek alphabet. And also making up a hand shake plus a chant.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 02:44 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

I don't know much about Greece...yet. But what I do know is that Greece was separated into city states. Eventually, the city states Sparta and Athens began a war over Megara. The war was called the Peloponesian War.

In class, we are divided into differant city states. I am in Megara. All the city states compete against eachother in differant activitys for points. Who ever gets the most points wins.

Article posted December 12, 2011 at 02:25 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

Lot of facts I'm learning in humanities about Greece. I’ve learned that the citizens believe in multiple gods and goddesses. They follow what the gods say. There are many city-states. They are Sparta, Megara, Corinth, Argos, and Athens. Each of the city-states is known for different things.

In class we are doing a very fun activity. Each table has chosen a city-state. For that city-state we have to make a logo, chant, and a handshake. There are other activities we do during the day like memorize the Greek Alphabet or roll the dice to determine our fate we are doing a lot of fun stuff in humanities.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 02:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

Ever since after Thanksgiving break, I've learned about Greece. Here are the facts about it:

• Greek woman usually don't has a lot of rights. Although the Spartan women can do the things the men do.

• The Greeks use the system of money realizing it's easier for trade.

• The Athens grew rich from trade.

• The Spartans grew powerful using its military by conquering the other city-states.

• The man of the house has control of the family and the women stayed home to take care of the children.

• The Greeks believe more than one god

In Humanities, we've been organized into groups. My group chose Magara as a city-state. Every class, we earn points based mostly on the roll of the dice. Otherwise, we haven't done much.

Article posted December 12, 2011 at 02:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

We haven’t really gone over Greece, but I know that it is an ancient place and they had a lot of god and goddesses they worshiped. Also, they started the Olympics and had legends like Hercules. Lastly, they have created a lot of mythology.

In class we are all different city-states by group. We are doing activities to earn points for our city-state and try to win as much as you can. The biggest thing is rolling the dice to learn your fait and beat your rival.

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 12:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

I don't know that much about Greece. I know a lot of basic things like acropolises, mythology and polises. Other than that I don't know much.

In Humanities we are doing a simulation. We choses from five different polises and won points for our polis. So far we have just made up logos and chants.

Greek culture helped form Western civilization - the civilization of Europe and the Americas.  The Greeks gave us words and traditions such as democracy, geometry, politics, and the Olympic games.  Greece has a Mediterranean climate, with mild, wet winters and hot, dry summers.  The Mediterranean climate was ideal for growing olive trees and grape vines.  Olive oil and wine were important trade goods and brought in wealth.  Greeks tried to live up to bravery, strength and honor.  Greek travelers in ancient times felt at home in any Greek port city.  Greeks spoke the same language and worshiped many of the same gods.  Women had different rights and roles, depending on where they lived.  In Sparta, women had a lot of freedom and in Athens women had very few rights.  Greece has a lot of history, but the items I have wrote about are the facts that most interested me. 

I have bee absent and I am not sure what was all done in class.  I have been excused from all in class activities. 

My city in Greece is Argos. My group picked Argos because it represents everybody. For many years Argos struggled with Sparta and was rivals with Athens and Corinth. Argos lost it's power because Sparta defeated them. Argos produced many sculpteres in the 5th century. Argos is on the side of an ancient city.

I really like doing this Greece city thing. It's really fun to act all serious and see who gets the most points. Mrs. Gagnon really takes this seriously so she can be a bit scary somtimes but I can't help but laugh sometimes.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 12:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

The Greece unit in Humanities has been really fun. Although I don't know too much about Greece, I do know that the Greeks believed in many different gods.

In class, we all got assigned a city-state. In our groups, we compete for points by doing things like memorizing the Greek alphabet. We also come up with chants within our groups and a logo sort of thing to represent us. I am part of the city-state Argos. We chose this city-state because our group is well rounded.

I don't know much about ancient Greece, but I do know what we've been doing in Humanities. First of all, at the end of the day, we do "The Fates". Basically, one member of each group roles a die or spins a spinner. Then, the teacher reads something that happens to your city-state based on the number rolled or spun. This is the main way city-states gain or lose points. We have also been doing other stuff that relates to ancient Greece like learning the Greek alphabet. 

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 12:13 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 46

In Humanities, I am a part of the polis Athens. Athens was a large, powerful city-state. Its people were generally highly intellectual, and it possessed a strong defense system. Athens had an advantage over other city-states because it had access to the sea. Everyone feared Athens.

Unfortunately, the Humanities version of Athens is in last place right now because the gods hate us. Even Sparta is ahead of us (we intend to destroy them later). We have not yet had a chance to redeem ourselves through skill, though. Our time will come soon...

Article posted December 11, 2011 at 04:29 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

I don't know much at all about Greece except that they worship many Gods and created a lot of myths. In humanities, basically we had to choose a polis and we get points for things like doing our homework and warmups and etc. My team is Argos...Go Argos!! Woop!!! hahahaha We are also memorizing the Greek alphabet, which I didn't think was all that hard because I got it memorized on the first day, but yeah, I'm enjoying this unit=http://

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 03:24 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

I have learned quite a bit about Greece. I learned about the city-states of Greece: Corinth, Sparta, Megara, Argos, and... Drumroll, please... *drumrollI* ATHENS=http://=http://=http://!!! (Yeah, it's pretty obvious that I'm an Athenian)

All tables have been split up into their own city-state and tey compete against each other. They even have their own chant, Hand shake and flag!!!

I also learned about the Greek social pyramid and the rights of women. I learned about many things, but too many to name.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 12:57 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

Unfortunately I don't know a lot about ancient Greece. Although, I do know that the Greeks were polytheists and believed that gods controlled everything.

In humanities, I have been able to learn more about Ancient Greece. I learned that Sparta was actually a part of Greece and that I didn't know before. Also I thought Greek cities were more connected. It turns out that they were actually city-states.

Learning about Greece so far has been pretty interesting. I don't know that much about Greece yet. What I do know is that most of what we have today like governments, art, and what we know about science, comes from Greece. Also in Greece they call their city-states a polis.

What we have been doing in humanities is that we have been gruoped into five different city-states, Corinth, Athens, Megara, Sparta, and Argos. We do different simulations, that are simular to what they did back then. At the end of each day we add up points, and at the end of all of the simulations, whom ever has the most points wins. GO ATHENS!!!!

I don’t really know much about Greece but this is what I have been doing in class. what I do in humanities class is we have groups with names and we get points for doing stuff like you homework and stuff like that.

Article posted December 12, 2011 at 03:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

I actually do not really know much about Greece. Off of what we had read in Humanities it is obvious that they had multiple goddesses and gods that they had worshipped. They are the people who have created the stories we read to this day.

In class my group is Argos! Our beat that we sang to with the Greek alphabet was Happy Birthday. Our flag we had made also is rad! Go Argos!!

Our Greek unit in Hummantites is huge! We have fuides between groups and lots of activities and expectations to fufill. During this, we are also expected to know something about Greece as well. Here's what I know about Greek history.

A long time ago, there was a place called Troy that the Greeks were at war with. They couldn't find a way to get into the city, so they came up with an idea. They built this wooden horse statue with Greeks hiding inside. The people of Troy thought this was a gift and they took the horse into their city. The Greeks hiding inside came out and faught against Troy, destroying it.

What we are doing in Hummanities right now is some activities that test our knowledge of Greece,while also learning about Greek. We write down the information and turn it in. After class we do a thing called 'fates' where you either roll dice or spin a spinner to decide how many points you get at the end of the day. During the day we get points depending on how good we did an activity. Things haven't started heating up yet, but it will become interesting after break!

You all know we are learning about Greece in humanities although I do not know much about Greece. Here's what I know:

-The people there worship different gods

-It's in Europe

-They have good food

I am in a group with Ally, Ben, and Lilly.We are the country of Megara. We made the most awesome flag Also, we have a nice chant with an awesome song.:)

In Humanities we are getting in groups and talking about fates and what people do in Greece. Like woman aren’t counted as a cytosine.

Also Men do everything they are told and if they don’t they get punished. Sparta is a cruel place and they are cheaters and steel.

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 12:19 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 43

Well, I don't really know a lot about Greece. I know it has something to do with Rome, and they had many gods and goddesses they worshiped. They have created a lot of mythology known today, like the Pegasus (or Pegasi? However you spell plural PEGASUS) and stuff, and they have legends like Hercules.

In class right now, my team is ATHENS (<* high fives to all Athens people*>), and we have made up an awesome chant, and our flag is pretty awesome too, (if you know what I mean!). And right now we need to come up with a tune to sing our Greek alphabet to (we've picked "We will Rock You", but we don't know if we'll stick with that).

GO ATHENS=http://! (:

Greece was the greatest empire of its time. Greece was a very interesting country. It was divided into city-states which were like modern day counties. For example: El Paso county or Fairfax county. The Greeks had a very universal religion. If you lived in Greece you believed the same as everyone else. The Greeks believed in many gods. Each god had its own specialty. An example of this is the Greek god Ares. He was believed to have been the god of war who controlled and turned the tide if battle. That sums up what I know about Greece.

We have been doing a lot of fun things in social studies on the topic of ancient Greece. Some of the things we get to do are: create a logo, find a way to show unity, create a chant/cheer, and compete in Olympic events. There are also some added rules that have to be followed: females have to be “escorted” into the classroom by males, at the end of each day you have to roll dice to find out “your fate” that the gods bestow upon you, and the teacher is your leader and you must follow their direct instructions.

Article posted December 10, 2011 at 01:36 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

Honestly I don’t really know much but I found out about the dark-ages. I also found out about how they practiced politics. Also that they believed in other gods which made them polytheists. There were also things called polis which are also known as city states.

There are many things that I am doing in Humanities. We got to choose our polis and we get and lose points if we do something right or wrong. There will be some competitions later on but we are still learning about Greece its culture, the alphabet, and many more things.

Article posted December 12, 2011 at 02:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

Greece has many different interesting facts about it's country and culture.Here are some interesting facts about Greece. I learned this information in pages 300 to 305 in our Humanities textbook. First, in ancient times, there was no such thing as Greece. There was only people who spoke Greek spread all over the islands and coasts of the Mediterranean Sea. An early civilization called the Minoans influenced the Greeks. The Minoan towns and palaces were destroyed, eventually. It was most-likely that the mainland Greeks did this. The Minoans influenced a civilization that developed around 1600 B.C. This civilization developed among the Greek speakers an the mainland in Greece.

In Humanities class, we are doing a lot of interesting and very fun things. Here is what we're doing. We got separated into city-states. My city-state is Megara. We have to wear something as a symbol of unity within our city-state. We gain and loose points by doing activities such as tongue-twisters and fates. Our groups also have a logo, a chant, or some sort of secret handshake. All of the city-states are competing against each other to get the most points and win.

Greece is still a mystery to me. I know that the Greeks were polytheists and started the Olympic Games. In addition, I know that Greece was made of city-states. I’m excited to learn more!

In class, we are doing a Greek simulation. Each group of desks is a city-state. Every day, the city-states earn points by being prepared, following instructions, and winning events like the javelin throw and acting out a play. The catch is that the city-states can lose points too. Misbehaving or doing the opposite of the things that will gain points cause points to be lost. At the end of each period, a person from each city-state rolls the dice for what we call “the fates”. This time, the Gods decide how many points the members of the city-state gain or lose. The class ends and the men escort the ladies out.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 03:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

1) This paragraph will be about the main facts on Greece.The first thing I am going to tell you about the population of Greece , the population of Greece is 78.65 million people. The second basic fact of Greece is the language  ninety-nine percent of people speak french and english.

2) This paragraph will be about the many things we do in Humanities. One of the main things we do in humanities is the mails have to escort us in the room and to are seats. The second thing we do is we have theas points  and at the end of this unit how ever has the most points wins.The third thing we do is we do group activity that gie use points. and last but not least  we do this dice rolling and the number you get either get points added or took away. That is the main things we do in Humanities.  :)  

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 12:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

I have not learned many things about Greece but I have learned a few things. First of all I learned that women were of less equality than men. I don’t think it should be that way I think that everyone should be equal. Furthermore I have learned that there were competitions that determined ones ranking over the others.

In class we are doing a Greece reenactment was we get to participate in competitions were we rank up our city state. For example my city state is Argos and we are in the lead by couple hundred points.

I don't kmow a lot about Greece exept how to spell it. I would like to learn though, what type of government did they use? What was their culture? What types of foods did they eat? These are the main questions I would like to have answered.

In class we are having fun playing out the roles of Greek people. We role dice for our faits, and we compete in games to win points. In Febuary, we are ending this and we will find out who is the big winner.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 12:24 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

All I really know about Greece is about my city-state, Argos! Well, the Argives are enemies with Spartans and Athenians. IF the Argives can't win in an event against our enemies, we cheer on the Corinthians. But that probably won't happen! We will win in all we do!!! Argos's mascot is the hydra. A hydra is a snake with a lot of heads. A hydra is our mascot because Hercules killed a hydra near where the Argives lived. What I know about Greece in general is that they worshipped gods and goddesses. There were also five city-states.

In humanities, we are doing a "Greek Simulation". All the people in the class are separated into the city-states of Greece. The city-states are Argos, Corinth, Megara, Athens, and Sparta. In my opinion, Argos is the best! HAHA. Right now, we are memorizing the Greek alphabet by putting the alphabet into a tune, and make a "song". Our group chose "Mary Had a Little Lamb". It works very well, except for the ending. That's what we are doing so far. I really enjoy doing this "Greek Simulation".

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 01:49 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

I don't know a lot about Greece, but a little. Their culture and country is very unique. They are very religious. Also, they show great passion in their culture. The country of Greece has many diverse cultures. I know a little more, but I can't think of a lot.

What we are doing in Humanities class is fun, but also interesting. Right now we have done one individual task and a few group tasks. One group task was to design a flag that represents our state city. Also, we need to make up a tune to sing the a, b, c's to. I am kind of afraid to see all of the things we are going to do.

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 12:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Greece is a smaller country in southern Europe. It is well known for the thousands of islands in the seas around it. The largest city is also the capital, Athens. The highest mountain in Greece is Mt. Olympus at 9,754ft. Many tourists visit Greece to sight-see the ancient ruins.

In class, we're doing many fun activities. There are a few different city-states, and my group is Corinth. Our job the first day was to create our own handshake, our own chant, and a logo. At the end of each class, we roll two dice which determines our city-state's fate. Some are bad, and some are good. We have to earn points by each roll and the points get combined with each class to make one city-state's amount of points together. But if you get a bad roll, you get points subtracted from the total score of your city-state. This is probably my favorite activity in humanities so far this year.

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 04:07 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

I don't know much about the Greeks but I do know a few facts. One is that they worshiped many gods like Zeus and Hera. Their myths explained things like why we have seasons and why we have misery and suffering. Myths like Persephone and Pandora's Box explain reasons for why these things happen. Also, the Greeks were split into different sections, and Greece had many factions such as Sparta and Athens. The Greeks also had many famous pieces of architecture like the Parthenon.

In class we are not doing much yet. Right now we have assigned the factions to different table groups. Also, we have made a chant and a badge for our factions. I am part of Sparta. We also have certain rules like each woman must be escorted by a man into the room and we have to roll the dice which determines whether your group loses points or gains points.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 12:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

Greece is pretty fun to learn about and here's what I know about Greece.I know about Alexander the Great and I think he fell in love with Cleopatra. I hope I just didn't get my stories mixed up. I also know that Sparta and Athens were in a war for 30 years and Athens surrendered.

I am in the group of Athens in the yellow class. I only won by an arm, wrestle against this guy in my class so hahaha girls can have muscle! My group has this really cool chant, it's like the little chant from the Green Lantern. My group also wears the color purple like we have purple rings and bandannas!

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 01:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

GREECE!!!

I don’t know much about Greece YET, but I hope to find out more as we go along in this unit!!! As little as I do know I know that the Greeks believed in many Gods and Goddesses. I also know that they started the Olympic Games; there games included silly things like tongue-twisters as well as many other things.

Our class is doing a lot of weird things (or at least I think they are weird) like being escorted into and out of class. I guess I hate it because I’m a girl and I can no longer be the first to class but, one advantage I do have is the fact that I have Mrs. Gagnon as my enrichment teacher so I don’t have to be escorted out of class. (I’m soooo lucky!!!!) One thing I do like though is the points we receive and lose. I think it is a good concept and an easy way to get a good grade! All in all the unit of Greece is weird but VERY interesting.

Article posted December 10, 2011 at 01:51 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 56

I know a decent amount about Greece. Right now, Greece is in a bad economical spot but I don’t know many details about that. I know that Ancient Greece was a superpower of the ancient world and conquered a lot of their known world. Alexander the Great was the leader that brought Ancient Greece to its peak. Greece has a famous alphabet that I know. Ancient Greece also had a famous polytheism/mythology. The Roman Empire had virtually the exact same Gods but with different names. The Greek Empire ended up falling just like any other empire that seemed like it would rule forever.

In Humanities class, we are split into city-states by table-group. The city states are Argos, Corinth, Sparta, Megara, and Athens. I am in Argos (Hoo! Hoo! Argos!). We will be competing in different events for points. I take that back, the word “competing” would imply competition(Don't worry, I'm just kidding. There will definately be competition). These events will be things like tortilla javelin and tongue twisters at witch I have been called, and I quote, “prodigetic.” We are also learning the Greek Alphabet, which, like I said, is something that I already know, and putting it to a tune. The only hard part is putting it to “Jingle Bells” (the tune my group decided on) when it’s already to its own tune in my head.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 03:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

Greek is one of the most interesting things I have learned about in humanities. I think it is amazing how the Spartan women have the most rights of all the city states. It was also cool to learn about how the Trojan War all started because the girl went back to Troy and the Greeks were not happy. Part of what we learned was about the rankings. The top are the leaders. Then come Farmers and other men who work out in farms. Next are the women and children. Later come the people who were not born in the city state. Finally, come the slaves. I like the fact that people who are not born in the city state are lower.

Right now in humanities we are simulating this. We have groups and each group is a different city state. We all earn points for doing good things. At the end of each day we spin for our "fates." These are sayings form the gods that give or take away points. Recently we had to restart our points because someone erased it but it is going great! I love this unit so much!

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 06:50 AM GMT • comment • Reads 60

Greece is a pretty cool country that has a lot of history. Greece is the home to the first modern type Olympics. Greece has had many changes through out its history. Greece has been a country that has been dominated by individual city-states. Dominance reigns supreme in Greece.

In Humanities, we have been having lots of fun with our simulation. Each day, we do different activities that have to do with Greece. For example, we had to memorize the Greek alphabet and then recite it. We got points depending on how well we did. Our simulation has been a lot of fun.

What I know about Greece is they use different alphabet with different sounds and ways to pronounce them. They have 24 letters in their alphabet. They are missing just 1. If they add one more to their alphabet, they would have 25 letters just like us Americans. They have a lot of interesting ways to pronounce their alphabet.

What I am doing in Humanities is that my group, Megra has to have the guys escort the girls to the seats. I don't really like doing that to much. I think its kinda akward for us girls. But, on the other hand, I think its pretty fun. So, my group is awesome!

In the days of Ancient Greece, the people started seperated into seperated polis, or city-states. The five different city-states were Sparta, Athens, Argos, Corinth, and Megara. The Spartans were power-hungry soldiers whose solution to every problem was to fight. They were known for their professional fighters and they almost never lost. The Athenians followed Athena, the Goddess of Wisdom, for she ruled Athens, the capitol of Greece. They also were known for the arts, learning, and philosophy. They also hosted the first Olympics in 1896. Argos's Argons were involved in the arts.They made many beautiful stone and marble statues, the envy of many other Greek people. Arogs is famous for their musicians and poets. Drama was actively practiced there. The Corinthians were widely known for their cultrual and trade center. They were also a monarchy and were ruled by a king. The Corinthians made aqueducts to solve their problems with clean drinking water and created their own coinage to solve the problem of foreign money coming in. As a result, Corinthians were very good with money. Megarans had a trade port, which they used to gain wealth for their city-state. Megara exported wool and animal products. They were also amazing mathematicians and were highly intelligent scholars.

In the Anicent Greece unit in Humanities, we are all divided into seperate city-states. My group is Megara. We are really close to taking the lead for points. We have our own badges and logo. Tommy and I made up the badges together and designed our logo to look like it. I did the lettering and coloring, Michael did the outlining, and Tommy did some coloring too.

Article posted January 9, 2012 at 12:40 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 59

Greece is a very interesting place to learn about. It has so many interesting things to learn about. Ancient Greece had different groups of people and the most aggressive group out of all the groups was Sparta. Sparta believed that everything had to be about war. They would cheat to get their way. On the other hand the Athenians were the most peaceful group out of all the groups. They believed in peace and non-violet things.

In class we are doing activities that relate to ancient Greece. We have drawn pictures to symbolize our group and have come up with chants. I really like the activities because they are very fun. So far the class is going great!! :)

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 01:01 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

I don't know very much about Greece but I find it interest. I know it had many different city-states and that they worshiped gods.

In class we have different city-state teams and we do activities to compeate for points. We can also get more points for having our area clean and for the fates.

I don't know anything about Greece! I never had an interest in Greece.

In Humanities we are trying to earn points by doing things we well in our groups of 5 or 4. We made a symbol that represents us on a piece paper. We also have to roll dice to get good or bad luck. You might get 50 points per person or - 30 per person. I have had a really fun time in Humanities the past couple times.

Article posted December 11, 2011 at 01:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

I don't really know a lot about Greece. So far I only know the basic information about our city-state. Our city-state is Corinths. I know that we are known for our bronze and we can't let the Athenians or Spartans beat us at anything we do. We can let the others beat us but never the Spartans or the Athenians. All we did so far in humanities was make our chants, make our symbols, get escorted by the men, earn points for our city-states, and learn to sing the greek alphebet.

I don’t know a lot about Greece just that they did mythology . I also know that they made legends like Hercules . I also know that they were in Rome and believed in many gods and goddesses.

In class right now my team is Athens=http://!! My group made up an awesome handshake and chant and I think our logo rocks=http:// My group needs to come up with a song to go with the greek alphabet. We are pretty stuck on memorizing it but we will get there [hopefully=http://]  

Greece was a large place. I know that it made up of several city-states and each one had different laws. They often went to war with one another for land, money or some other thing. The city-states were also very prideful in their polis.

Right now in class we are doing multiple activities with the city-states. Right now we are trying to memorize the Greek alphabet which isn't easy. We also roll dice or spin a spinner to see if we gain or lose points for the day. I don't know what happens if you are the one with the most points by the end of the quarter.

Article posted December 10, 2011 at 02:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

I do not know much about Greece but I know the alphabet, well some anyways. They are really long though. I know that they have symbols for representing culture and religion. That's pretty much all I know. We are learning about the Polis government, who has the most and least rights, and the greek alphabet. Our song was Deck The Halls.

In class we are doing the Olympics, so basically we are doing different little activities like rock toss and others weird things. We are having no homework, that I love. I hope that it won't end.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 12:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

I have learned about there religion. Some people believe that there are more then one god. also I learned about ancient Greek society. there are 6 levels. At the top are aristocracy they are soldiers and kings and quins. next small farmers then tenant farmers, women and children born of citizens, resident aliens and then last slaves.

I don't really know anything about Greece. I know a few basic things like mythology and polises. Otherwise, I haven't learned much.

In our class we are doing a fantasy cityscape. We chose from 5 different polises and we are competeing for points. So far we made a chant and a logo. We also are practicing the Greek alphabet.

Article posted January 9, 2012 at 01:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

Greece is one of the most amazing countries in the world. Greece is located near the Mediterranean Sea. The capital of Greece is Athens. The population in Greece is 11,295,002. Greece is a beautiful and great country.

The study of Greece in Humanities has been really fun. My City State is Athens. We have been doing ok so far. I also had a lot of fun learning the Greek Alphabet. Lots of people think it is cool that I know the Greek Alphabet. This study of Greece has taught me a lot of information I had no idea about Greece.

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 01:24 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

I don't know much about Greece, but I do know some of their gods they used to have. I know that one god was called Zeus and had two brothers, Hades and Poseidon. There were other gods as well, such as Ares(god of war), Athena (goddess of wisdom), Apollo( god of the sun), and more.

In class my group is in the city-state Argo. we have decided that our colors will be blue and green and our chant will be hoo! Hoo! Argos! one thing I dislike about this is that the boys have to walk the girls into the room! I don't care what they did back in the past, but I like to have freedom on when I walk in or not! If the boys are late, then I will walk in by myself!

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 03:45 AM GMT • comment • Reads 67

In humanities we are learning about Greece. We are learning about the Greek gods right now. We have talked about other things in Greece, and why it is so interesting. In Greece there is a lot of ancient buildings and caves.

In class, we are doing this simulation that is supposed to help us know what it was like back then in Greece. We are separated into groups, and each group has there own god. I am Athens. there is other groups and gods like: Sparta, Corinth, Athens, Megara, and Argos. It's interesting to see what happens at the end of the day.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 04:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

The things I know are that there are to know is they have culture, war, and peace. The culture for a lot of the countries are that they worship may Gods. The war part is the Trojan war was brutal and that the way troy fell was because of trickery. The trickery was the Trojan horse was filled with soldiers that opened the gates of Tory and it fell to the ground as ash. The peace part is that all the countries were separated so they had little conflict with land unless one wanted to rule more land.

We do a lot of things in Humanities, but right now we are working on the ancient Greece so we do a lot of activities in class. One of those activities is we do fates at the end of class where we determine what's going to happen to our city-state by rolling numbers on two pair of dice. Then we also keep track of points for the fates, warm ups, and work activities in class. We also read about Greece in our texts books. we usually do an activity on what we read for points. We right now we just finish the Greek alphabet by putting it to a familiar tune such as I did up on the roof top.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 01:56 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

Well I have to admit that I am a Greek Mythology fanatic, so I know a ton of Greek myths. One is about a child named Perseus. His father was Zeus and his mother was a Greek princess named Danae. Her son was foretold to kill her father so her father, The King, locked her in a tower. Zeus came in and had a child with her and turned her tower into a beauty field on the inside. The King then saw light coming from her window and went into to the tower and saw a child on her lap. He was furious so he put Danae and her son into a crate and set them off to sea. Only Perseus survived and he went off and killed a bunch of monsters and eventually ended up killing the King.

Now onto what’s new in Humanities. We all how special tables that are named after Greek city-states and my tables name is Corinth. We are currently in the lead as far as my knowledge. Each day we play a game named fates and each day until yesterday we had been losing points because we made the “gods” mad. We also played a game where we had to name a bunch of brands by their logo and it was a lot of fun.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 01:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

I don't know very much about Greece all I know is that Sparta and Athen are big rivels. I also know that Sparta will do anything to win. Sparta was a war city-state and they were very kind to their or superiors. The boys of Spatra go to boot camp at a very young age.

In Humanities we are doing a Greek simulation. The whole point of this simulation is to make learning about ancient Greek fun. Mrs. Gagnon said that in all the years she has done the Greek simulation Sparta has never one. So here’s how we win we get points and at the end of the simulation the city-state that has the most points wins.

Article posted December 10, 2011 at 12:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

Greece was an ancient super-power. One of their leaders was Alexander The Great. They had an alphabet based off of the Pheonican Alphabet. They had many gods and heros. Heros were half god and half human. The Greeks had one of the biggest empires the world had ever seen. Greece was an ancient super-power that conquered many countries and achieved great achievements.

Right now we are in poli; or city states. We are earning points for things (last time I checked Megara (me) is in the lead). The poli are learning the Greek Alphabet and putting it to a tune.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 03:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

Greece is one of the most interesting countries in the world. Its current population is 11,295,002. Greece is located Near the Mediterranean Sea. The capital of Greece is Athens. Greece was inhabited as early as the Paleolithic period that is 3000 BC. Now Greece is a wonderful place.

Humanities class is really fun and exciting. My city state is Sparta. Unfortunately we’re losing by quite some. We earn points by being good and doing things were suppose to. We lose points by: being rude, not straight desks, and not being organized or clean. This process is teaching me a lot and I will understand more.

I only know some very basic things about Greece. For starters, I know that it is made up of a bunch of small city-states. I also know that it is home to the Spartans, Corinth, Athens, Argos, and Megara.

As all of you know, we have been placed into city-states in humanities. I happen to be in Corinth. Corinthians are masters in defence strategies. They do not choose sides in battles, and they are obsessed with themselves. That is what I have learned about Greece this time around in humanities. Thank you for your feedback.

Article posted December 10, 2011 at 06:33 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

Greece has been known for many years for its culture and different legends and tales. Greece is located in the southeast end of Europe. The Greeks believe in polytheism. This means that they believe in many gods. The capital of Greece is Athens. The head of the Greek government is the prime minister. The national anthem of Greece is, "Ymnos eis tin Eleftherian" (Hymn to Liberty). Greece gained independence in 1829 (from the Ottoman Empire). A national holiday in Greece is, Independence  Day, 25 March (1821). There are thirteen administrative regions in Greece. The official language is  Greek  99%other English and French) 1%.

In humanities, I was assigned the city-state Corinth. Our group has designed a logo that includes, a big blue c, four stars to represent the four members of our group, and our names. We have been having a lot of luck in the fates. Aphrodite was impressed with the beauty of our women, this gave us forty points. We have also decided that we should wear white colored shirts referring to the peace in our land. The reason for this is that Corinth is not so much of a fighting city state, but more artistic. Corinth is known for it's pottery and fishing. I am very happy to get Corinth in this simulation for our group had decided that we all liked it. We were not so much interested in war tactics than we were in artistic ability.

I am going to talk about my fathers home country Greece!! In Greece, the countries capital is Athens. A special cultural tradition to the Greeks is that on Easter, family and friends gather for a party and play games, and we roast a full lamb. More facts are that in Greece, 94 % of the people are Greek! Also, many Greeks are very well known for their mythology and mathematical principles. One last fact is that I am half Greek!

Now, I am going to talk about what we have been doing in Humanities. At the beginning of our Greek unit, we got assigned our city-states. Megara, Corinth, Sparta, Athens, and Argos. The city-state I received was Megara. Megara is known for its known for its great mathematical abilities. In Humanities, we have to escort the women to their seats. Also, we have to memorize the greak alphabet in a nursery song way!!!

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 11:14 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 58

There are a few things that I learned about Greece. One is that in ancient times there was no country Greece, there was communities scattered across land near the Mediterranean Sea. The Greeks also defeated the greatest empire in the world. The Greeks also were influenced by the Minoans. One last thing that I learned is my city-state Corinth was one of the richest in Greece.

Right now we are doing a simulation. We were broken up into city-states. My city-state is Corinth. So far we have made a logo, chant and a handshake. The people in my group are Kade, Ella, Devin and me.  We keep track of points. The biggest part of our points is our fates. You can be great through the class but if your fates choose something bad to happen you can’t help it.  The scores go up and down through every class.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 03:41 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

Greece has a very unique culture. For example, the Greeks believed in mythology. This mythology included heroes, gods, and foul beasts. The people of Greece based Greek Mythology on stars. The stars were formed as characters in Greek mythology. Therefore, the Greeks were very advanced in astronomy and mathematics. Also, the Greeks were advanced in architecture. The buildings and temples they made were really beautiful.  Greece was divided up between five major regions or territories. There was Sparta, Corinth, Megara, Athens, and Argos. These territories were both allies and enemies.

In our Humanities class we are beginning an Ancient Greek simulation. During this simulation each group has to choose a territory (Sparta, Corinth, Megara, Athens, and Argos.) Once you have your territories, you must complete task, and roll the dice of fate. The task includes completing your work, building temples, memorizing the alphabet, and many others. At the end of a class, you must roll the dice to see if the gods think you are worthy. After doing all this, each team tallies up there points and all the teams complete to be “The Best.”   

Article posted December 10, 2011 at 03:17 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 59

Greece was an amazing civilization. The Greeks consisted of city states which were basically countries that inter acted a lot but each had its own governments. The types of governments were the monarchy, which had a king or queen, or a democracy, which had multiple citizens as leaders. They voted the people into office. There was also a great mythical war called the Trojan War. The Trojan War was the story of Helen, the wife of a Greek king, being seduced by the Trojan prince Paris. The Greeks set out to get her back by launching a lot of boats to Troy. The Greeks laid siege to troy for many years but couldn’t penetrate the great walls of Troy. So the Greeks resorted to trickery. They offered the Trojans a great wooden horse with a few Greek soldiers inside. In the middle of the night the Greeks came out and opened the gates. Troy was razed to the ground. That is what I know about ancient Greece.

Mrs. Gagnon is teaching us about ancient Greece. She has taught us the Greek alphabet. In the book we learned about polises and an aristocracy. Right now we have not done much but the games are coming and I am getting ready. My group is Sparta and we will decimate any competition. THIS IS SPARTA=http:// That is what we are doing in humanities.

Article posted December 13, 2011 at 12:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

We haven’t learned a whole lot about Greece but we have learned about the gods and goddesses of ancient Greek mythology. Some of them are Corinth, Megara and Argos.

In our class our team (Corinth) we had to pick a tune to sing the Greek alphabet to so we chose Baby by Justin Bieber but apparently we weren’t supposed to choose a song that Mrs. Gagnon didn’t know so we will have to choose a different song. We have also made a logo and chant to go along with our group.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 12:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

To tell you the truth, I don't know a lot about Greece. One thing I DO know, however is that it's located in Europe.As for the Greek culture, I know that they have special traditional dances and meals. I also know that as a country, it is extremely old. Many people talk about ancient Greece, which is actually what we are studying in humanities.

Speaking of humanities,I have already learned quite a few things about ancient Greece in the class... I now know that it was divided into city-states, which occasionally fought amongst each other. Two of these were Athens and Sparta, two arch-enemies. Lastly, I have learned that the Greeks believed in polytheism, or the belief in more than one god. Some of their gods were Ares, Athena, and Zeus. All in all, I know little about Greece but the basics.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 12:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

In Greece the women were not treated very well. In some city states they were treated better then others. For example, Spartan women were aloud to own and sell land, however, Athene women were not aloud to. Also, most Greeks believed in more then one god or goddess.

In humanities we choose our city-states, made our symbol, learned the Greek alphabet, and read a little in the text book. Though this section, I have learned that the points are everything. If you don't have enough points you don't win, so it's very important to have all the points you can get.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 01:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

Honestly, I don’t know that much about Greece, just that they had a lot of mythological things, and many gods.

In class we are all different city sates, Sparta, Corinth, Megara, Argos, and Athens. I am in Athens. The Athens can’t stand the Spartans, and vise versa. We each have our own little sign, ours is a purple block letter “A” with thens written out small next to it, and on the side it says “All Hail Athena,” our goddess.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 05:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

I personally love Greece because my family is from Greece. I have learned that in ancient Greece religion ruled the world; the Jewish religion was the most popular religion. They also didn't have a democracy like America. Each individual city-state had their own dictator.

In humanities we had to memorize the Greek alphabet! That is one of the funnest thing that we have ever done in her class. We also had to make a team cheer for our city-state. My city-state's name was Argos. Our cheer is "Like a good neighbor Argos is there!"

The Greece unit would have to be my favorite unit because you actually get to experience the culture instead of having to read it out of a text book.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 12:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

I don’t really know much about Greece, but here is what I do know. What I know about Greece is that there were five city-states that were part of Greece. I know that Sparta and Athens were the most powerful city-states and the other city-states always tried to outdo Sparta and Athens. They treated their women with little respect and often went to war.

In class we are doing many things with Greece and the city-states. We have started to create logos, handshakes, and chants in class. We also have started the escorting. That is all we have done on class.

This quarter in humanities I’m leaning about the Greeks. But I know a lot about the Greeks, so I’m a head in class. Know a lot about the Spartans and trogons, also I know about Achilles. But I learned about conith. Also I learned about another city-state called Megara. That is what I learned in humanities.

Greece

Greece is a very interesting country. I like learning about Greece it has several small city states. I do not know much about Greece. I am happy to learn more about Greece in humanities.

In humanities we are learning more about the religions in Greece. I am Sparta along with four other people. I am having a lot of fun with the other groups. They are a great competition.

Article posted December 10, 2011 at 02:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

Greeks have influenced our world in many ways. One big impact that they had was making the polis. This let different city-states have different religion, rulers, and beliefs. They stood up for themselves and risked their lives for their towns and fought for what was right. The Greeks have many ways that they have influenced our culture today.

Stimulating the Greek culture in social studies is fun. In class we have been separated into different city-states. Each city-state competes for points. This includes art, Olympics, and many more. One task that we had to do is put the Greek alphabet to a familiar tune. Now, we have to memorize and recite it next class. At the end of each class period we roll the dice to see the gods’ fate for us. All together this is a great way to learn about the Greeks.

The facts that I know about Greece are that they were ruled by the romans and that there were lots of gods. There was also lots of Greek mythology where there were monsters and gods. There are also lots of movies of Greece with their monsters and gods. Thats what I know about Greece.

In class my group is the Athens. We do lots of competitions and we do lots of group work. Like for instance, one time we had to come up with a chant for our group and sing the greek alphabet. My group is in second to last place. We have a total of 1010 points last time I checked. That is what we are doing in class. GO ATHENS

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 01:40 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 44

There are five Greek city-states which are, Athens, Sparta, Argos, Corinth, Megra. Megra wouldn't take sides with the Athens or the Spartans so the Spartans declared war on the Athens. I know that Sparta was a brutal city-state. They would take young boys and start to train them to be warriors.

In class we put 3 goals on a paper and then Mrs. Gagnon looked at them and decided how many points each team member gets. Then we had to make a logo, a cheer, and a hand shake. Then we had to present them to the class and we got points for that too.

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 04:54 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

What I know about Greece is that it is located in Europe and they believed in the Gods. They never said it was their faults if they lost to something, but said that it was the decision of the Gods. They also have city-states. City-states were an I'mportant part of Greek history because that's how they governed themselves.

What we are doing in class is deciding what city-states we get and what our chants will be. We are also deciding what our uniforms will be. This is what we are doing in humanities.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 11:08 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 161

What I know about ancient Greece is that Alexander the Great cut the gordian knot. I also know how Sparta defeated the person empire with only 300 men to begin with. I also know about some of the Greek gods.

What we're doing in Humanities right now for ancient Greece is memorizing the Greek alphabet and other things as well as learning ancient Greek quotes made by ancient Greek philosophers. Team Sparta is my polis. High five to all Spartans. GO SPARTA. Sp-Ar-Ta Sparta Ya.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 03:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

In humanities we are learning about Ancient Greece. These are some of the facts I have learned. Athens, Sparta, Megara, Argos, and Corinth are city states. City-States are independent state made up of a city and its surrounding territory. Athens and Sparta were the most powerful and well known of all the city states. They were sworn enemies. Athens and Sparta began a war over a city state not choosing one of their sides. At one point, Sparta and Athens worked together to defeat a common enemy. This was pretty amazing since they were sworn enemies. The people of each city-state were very different. Athenians were mathematical. They used their brains more than their strength. They considered themselves better than other city-states because of that. Sparta was known for its strength. The people of Argos were well-rounded. It had qualities that were similar to all of the city-states combined.

Currently in class we are engaged in several team activities. On Tuesday we were assigned our city-states. My city-state is Sparta. That day we had to come up with a chant, hand shake, and symbol that represented our team Sparta. Our chant was: We lie, we cheat, we break the rules, that’s why Sparta rules. Today we designed our symbol. Our symbol is a circle with a Greek helmet inside. It has the name Sparta written on the helmet and the letter sigma in upper and lower case. In addition we learned the Greek alphabet. I am enjoying this unit so far, and I can’t wait to get more into it.

Greek mythology is interesting to me, so I know some of that information on their culture. I know all the gods’ names (it might take a long time to list them). Also, I know that there were city-states, since we learned them in class. Finally, I know a few parts of the Greek alphabet. I learned the Greek alphabet in class as well.

In humanities we were divided into groups of five or four (my group was the only four-member group in our class). We have to dress nearly the same and create chants and secret handshakes. Also, we have activities to gain points. For my city-state, Corinth, we are trying to do better than Sparta and Athens. In the “Fates”, a game of chance for this simulation, you can gain points or lose points. Anyway, this is what we are doing in humanities.

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 01:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

Greece is a country next to Turkey. It has many ancient ruins that attract tourists. Some Greeks worship many gods.That's all I know about present day Greece.

We're in groups in Humanities. We call our groups city-states. Our groups are named after five Greek cities. They are: Sparta, Athens, Argos, Megara, and Corinth. My group is Athens. Megara's, Corinth's, and Argos' challenge is to beat the two great cities, Sparta and Athens. They try to get points from games. We also made a cheer and a secret hand shake to say when our city-state wins a game. The worst part is that the men in the city-states have to escort the woman in and out of the room like in the ancient Greek's time. It's still a little fun.

Article posted December 12, 2011 at 03:25 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

Greece is an extraordinary c0untry chalk full of culture and history. One of the traditions I know of is their belief in their Gods. Greeks had many Gods and legends. They believed that anything that happened was a result of the Gods. If they pleased their Gods by making a sacrifice or other offering, they believed good things would happen. On the other hand though, if their work was not up to standards, bad things would happen. Greek mythology made the Greeks who they were and it made a place for them in history. I have the pleasure of studying them.

In humanities, I am doing a Greek simulation. My class is working together in five of the most powerful and historic poleis to gain points for our city-state.  These points are earned through fate and events. Whichever polis has the most points at the end of the simulation will reign victorious. Each polis has unique characteristics that may or may not be helpful in certain events. I am in Athens, a polis known for its intellectual skill and arts. The battle of the city-states is on and everyone will do anything to win.

First in don’t really know about Greece. In my past I haven’t learned anything about it.

In class we chose city-states which were Spartans, Athens, Argos, Megara and Corinth. My group chose to be Athens. So in class we are competing against each other to win. All the other groups are suppose to beat Athens and Sparta because we are the big city-states and the only goal they have is to beat us at everything. Sparta is at least suppose to beat Athens and Athens are suppose to win over Sparta. At the end of class we role dice to see what our fait is and if its good we get points. If its not good we loose points.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 05:15 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

I don't know much about Greece, but I do know that it is mainly based off of the many gods and godesses they believed in. Each and every thought they had was based off of the gods.

In Humanities, we are doing a Greek simulation to see which polis would win out of Megara, Argos, Corinth(which I'm in), Sparta, and Athens. They will all compete for points, and that's pretty much all we know so far. They can either gain or lose points depending on how well they do. The points will determine the winner at the end. Will it be Megara, Argos, Corinth, Sparta, or Athens?

Ok, the title was just for fun. What I know about Greece is very little. I do know that they practiced polytheism and that Zeus was their greatest god. Aside from that, I know some of the god’s names, but that is pretty much it.

What we are doing in class is building stuff that represents our city-states. We have made badges, practiced unity, created a chant, and made our own handshake. My city-state is Sparta, so GO AND BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES ATHENS PEOPLE! Sorry, natural Spartan instincts. Well, have fun in Humanities and hope that Sparta spares your city-states pride.