7th grade was over-all my best year yet. OK, yeah, I don’t like school, but this was a pretty good year. I REALLY wish I was staying for next year=http://=http://!!!! Next year I’ll be going to Ankeney Middle School in Ohio. I’m really going to miss everybody!!!! Anyways, all the schools I’ve been to in the past were horrible and didn’t teach us much. Here, I actually feel like I learned something, and I can really see where I improved and stuff. I really liked Mountain Ridge, because all the people there are so nice and welcoming, and (this is going to sound SOOOOOO cheesy=http://!!) a… family. Yeah, I said it. Now I feel like a dork. Anyways, I think everything this year, and last year was just a big success, and I’m really going to miss this school!!!! I’m not really sure what I would change! I don’t think there’s much to change. I think the fact that we can’t chew gum in school sort of stinks. I personally don’t chew gum that much, and I can see why the school doesn’t want gum (it’s distracting and ends up on the bottom of desks!), but the responsible kids who I know wouldn’t do that. I don’t really have many more things to change, though. I don’t really know what my new Ohio school is going to be like yet, but I know I’ll try to do better next year, and not be an A’s and B’s student, but an all A’s student.

My piece of advice is just have fun.

I think my favorite part were the bus rides. Those were really entertaining=http://! Anyways, I really want to go back, even though I can’t. It was SUPER fun=http://=http://!! I learned that running your own country was a lot harder than I thought it would be!!!! It was sort of stressful, but I think it was a fun kind of stressful, because without anything to do, how would it be fun?!?! If I could change something, I would probably get the different countries to sell cooler stuff, and let us get paid more, but it worked out, so… yeah. Fun.

I really liked the book! I finished it the day we got it. I think it’s a little short and we should have gotten a longer book for the all-school read, but, it was a pretty sweet book. It’s about a little community, who’s been through rough times, but then a little girl plants some Lima beans in an abandoned lot, and somehow that ties the community together. It ends up with a big garden and a happy ending and yadda yadda. I sort of liked all the characters; I don’t really have a favorite or least favorite. I think this week was a lot better than a regular week, because we tied all the classes together, and it wasn’t like 1st period: Science, 2nd period: Humanities, it was more mixed together, and I think that was fun. One of my favorite parts was when we painted rocks (cough cough excuse me, PETRIFIED POTATOES.). Mine looks like a cow. It has cow spots all over it and I wrote “MOO” on it. I have a question though, are we going to make a school garden? Cause I know last year we had people bring eagles and hawks and wolves (which was AWESOME=http://), but aren’t we going to do something for this book? Just wondering.

I think the chicken wings were nasty. They smelled awful, and they had a funky texture. It was sort of cool, seeing all the muscles and bones and tissue and stuff. It was pretty gross, but I guess it’s nothing compare to over spring break when I went to the animal shelter and had to watch a dog get neutered, but, hey, if I’m gonna be a vet, I’d better get used to it, cause it’s gonna get a lot worse! A LOT worse!!! I learned that it's good to wear face masks when you cut flesh open, because even though we didn't get to wear any, it smells really bad.

RIPLEY

Ripley,

Black, furry,

Barking, licking, cuddling,

Loving and being loved back,

Ripley 

HORSE

Beneath the blue sky,

Behind the shed,

Around the field,

Inside the stall,

Up in the hayloft,

With the barn cats,

Among the herd,

Near his companions,

At the big red barn,

Within the dry shelter,

Past the little pond,

Between the many apple trees,

By the cool, trickling brook,

In the flowery meadow,

Under the shady trees.

THE TERRIFYING MONSTER OF ALL THINGS EDIBLE

The Terrifying Monster of All Things Edible has…

Large, beady Skittles for eyes,

A giant, toothy grin of candy-corn,

Spaghetti noodle hair,

And a huge meatball nose,

Long spindly licorice fingers,

And a maraschino cherry on each finger tip,

Its feet are floppy pieces of pizza,

Its head is a large watermelon,

While it’s torso is twisted cotton candy,

Its limbs are rolled up tortillas,

And when it drools, outcomes melted cheddar cheese,

Its ears are made of broccoli stalks,

The horns on its head are yellow bananas.

CAUTION:

MAY GIVE EXTREME BELLY ACHES!!!

I thought the movie was inspiring and appalling that all those people were so racist and horrible to just 9 black high school students. I think those kids were very brave and especially at the end when Ernest was being threatened to be shot. I don’t think I would have had the courage to go up there with the thought that someone might shoot me. And probably around the 5th time someone insulted me, I would have smacked them right in the face because I don’t have good self-control. I think it’s awesome that they were so strong, and their religious teacher and school teacher and parents supported them so much. They displayed wonderful self-control and tried to bring peace instead of war. I’m not sure if things have changed or not. I still have heard of some racist people today, but it’s not nearly as severe as it was in the movie; although I know for a fact that people are still being put down today, not just colored people. I definitely know people are put down for their religion, sometimes I am, and for how they dress, or look, or what they believe. That’s not right, you can’t help how you look, that’s just the way you dress, and that’s just what they believe. It’s not our place to judge, and I know that I’m sounding like a hypocrite, because I confess sometimes I judge people too, but it’s something we all should follow.

Article posted February 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 47

My favorite quote is pretty religious, and most would have a hard time understanding it, (also I can't explain it well OR write a poem about it!), so my next favorite saying is "Silence is gold; Duct tape is silver."

“Silence is gold,

Duct tape is silver”

Does this have to rhyme?

Cause then I’m out of luck.

This is very appalling,

That someone might suggest this,

Cause for all the people

Who talk too much,

We are in trouble of having our mouths

Taped shut.

So for those of you who talk too much,

(Including me)

Avoid someone running at you,

With duct tape.

Cause, (if you can’t take a hint),

If someone is running at you,

Trying to tape your mouth shut,

Take a hint,

And just shut up

becauseyouaresoboredofseeingthesametitleoverandover,hereisadifferentone-mary(:

SCIENCE IS REALLY HARD=http://!! Ugh, um, cells are the living unit of all living organisms, and you can’t live without them, and they need water. Also, there is a disease called cancer in which the cells multiply and divide uncontrollably and thus damaging the surrounding organs and tissue. There are different types of cells, and they need energy from food to function.

Beneath the blue sky,

Behind the shed,

Around the field,

Inside the stall,

Up in the hay-loft,

With the barn cats,

Within the dry shelter,

Among the big herd,

Near his companions,

At the big barn,

Past the little pond,

Between the many trees,

By the cool, trickling brook,

In the flowery meadow,

Under the shady trees.