7th grade was over-all my best year yet. OK, yeah, I don’t like school, but this was a pretty good year. I REALLY wish I was staying for next year=http://=http://!!!! Next year I’ll be going to Ankeney Middle School in Ohio. I’m really going to miss everybody!!!! Anyways, all the schools I’ve been to in the past were horrible and didn’t teach us much. Here, I actually feel like I learned something, and I can really see where I improved and stuff. I really liked Mountain Ridge, because all the people there are so nice and welcoming, and (this is going to sound SOOOOOO cheesy=http://!!) a… family. Yeah, I said it. Now I feel like a dork. Anyways, I think everything this year, and last year was just a big success, and I’m really going to miss this school!!!! I’m not really sure what I would change! I don’t think there’s much to change. I think the fact that we can’t chew gum in school sort of stinks. I personally don’t chew gum that much, and I can see why the school doesn’t want gum (it’s distracting and ends up on the bottom of desks!), but the responsible kids who I know wouldn’t do that. I don’t really have many more things to change, though. I don’t really know what my new Ohio school is going to be like yet, but I know I’ll try to do better next year, and not be an A’s and B’s student, but an all A’s student.

My piece of advice is just have fun.

I think my favorite part were the bus rides. Those were really entertaining=http://! Anyways, I really want to go back, even though I can’t. It was SUPER fun=http://=http://!! I learned that running your own country was a lot harder than I thought it would be!!!! It was sort of stressful, but I think it was a fun kind of stressful, because without anything to do, how would it be fun?!?! If I could change something, I would probably get the different countries to sell cooler stuff, and let us get paid more, but it worked out, so… yeah. Fun.

I really liked the book! I finished it the day we got it. I think it’s a little short and we should have gotten a longer book for the all-school read, but, it was a pretty sweet book. It’s about a little community, who’s been through rough times, but then a little girl plants some Lima beans in an abandoned lot, and somehow that ties the community together. It ends up with a big garden and a happy ending and yadda yadda. I sort of liked all the characters; I don’t really have a favorite or least favorite. I think this week was a lot better than a regular week, because we tied all the classes together, and it wasn’t like 1st period: Science, 2nd period: Humanities, it was more mixed together, and I think that was fun. One of my favorite parts was when we painted rocks (cough cough excuse me, PETRIFIED POTATOES.). Mine looks like a cow. It has cow spots all over it and I wrote “MOO” on it. I have a question though, are we going to make a school garden? Cause I know last year we had people bring eagles and hawks and wolves (which was AWESOME=http://), but aren’t we going to do something for this book? Just wondering.

I think the chicken wings were nasty. They smelled awful, and they had a funky texture. It was sort of cool, seeing all the muscles and bones and tissue and stuff. It was pretty gross, but I guess it’s nothing compare to over spring break when I went to the animal shelter and had to watch a dog get neutered, but, hey, if I’m gonna be a vet, I’d better get used to it, cause it’s gonna get a lot worse! A LOT worse!!! I learned that it's good to wear face masks when you cut flesh open, because even though we didn't get to wear any, it smells really bad.

RIPLEY

Ripley,

Black, furry,

Barking, licking, cuddling,

Loving and being loved back,

Ripley 

HORSE

Beneath the blue sky,

Behind the shed,

Around the field,

Inside the stall,

Up in the hayloft,

With the barn cats,

Among the herd,

Near his companions,

At the big red barn,

Within the dry shelter,

Past the little pond,

Between the many apple trees,

By the cool, trickling brook,

In the flowery meadow,

Under the shady trees.

THE TERRIFYING MONSTER OF ALL THINGS EDIBLE

The Terrifying Monster of All Things Edible has…

Large, beady Skittles for eyes,

A giant, toothy grin of candy-corn,

Spaghetti noodle hair,

And a huge meatball nose,

Long spindly licorice fingers,

And a maraschino cherry on each finger tip,

Its feet are floppy pieces of pizza,

Its head is a large watermelon,

While it’s torso is twisted cotton candy,

Its limbs are rolled up tortillas,

And when it drools, outcomes melted cheddar cheese,

Its ears are made of broccoli stalks,

The horns on its head are yellow bananas.

CAUTION:

MAY GIVE EXTREME BELLY ACHES!!!

I thought the movie was inspiring and appalling that all those people were so racist and horrible to just 9 black high school students. I think those kids were very brave and especially at the end when Ernest was being threatened to be shot. I don’t think I would have had the courage to go up there with the thought that someone might shoot me. And probably around the 5th time someone insulted me, I would have smacked them right in the face because I don’t have good self-control. I think it’s awesome that they were so strong, and their religious teacher and school teacher and parents supported them so much. They displayed wonderful self-control and tried to bring peace instead of war. I’m not sure if things have changed or not. I still have heard of some racist people today, but it’s not nearly as severe as it was in the movie; although I know for a fact that people are still being put down today, not just colored people. I definitely know people are put down for their religion, sometimes I am, and for how they dress, or look, or what they believe. That’s not right, you can’t help how you look, that’s just the way you dress, and that’s just what they believe. It’s not our place to judge, and I know that I’m sounding like a hypocrite, because I confess sometimes I judge people too, but it’s something we all should follow.

Article posted February 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 44

My favorite quote is pretty religious, and most would have a hard time understanding it, (also I can't explain it well OR write a poem about it!), so my next favorite saying is "Silence is gold; Duct tape is silver."

“Silence is gold,

Duct tape is silver”

Does this have to rhyme?

Cause then I’m out of luck.

This is very appalling,

That someone might suggest this,

Cause for all the people

Who talk too much,

We are in trouble of having our mouths

Taped shut.

So for those of you who talk too much,

(Including me)

Avoid someone running at you,

With duct tape.

Cause, (if you can’t take a hint),

If someone is running at you,

Trying to tape your mouth shut,

Take a hint,

And just shut up

becauseyouaresoboredofseeingthesametitleoverandover,hereisadifferentone-mary(:

SCIENCE IS REALLY HARD=http://!! Ugh, um, cells are the living unit of all living organisms, and you can’t live without them, and they need water. Also, there is a disease called cancer in which the cells multiply and divide uncontrollably and thus damaging the surrounding organs and tissue. There are different types of cells, and they need energy from food to function.

Beneath the blue sky,

Behind the shed,

Around the field,

Inside the stall,

Up in the hay-loft,

With the barn cats,

Within the dry shelter,

Among the big herd,

Near his companions,

At the big barn,

Past the little pond,

Between the many trees,

By the cool, trickling brook,

In the flowery meadow,

Under the shady trees.

For 2012, I’m going to try to be more organized. That means my locker, my backpack, my room, basically everything! I’m trying to be cleaner basically. Also, I’m going to try and get better grades in school. I’m all As and Bs, but I would like to improve because a lot of them are Bs. I don’t want to turn in anything late this year, and I want to stay on top of my homework, too. So far, I think I’ve done OK with this. (:

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 12:45 AM GMT • comment • Reads 64

I guess this was fun, with the commenting and all; it was sort of stressful too, because we had a short time to do it, but I had good team mates, and we all worked pretty well together. The honest truth, I had a little trouble because I was asking questions, and I wasn't getting many answers, and we couldn't decide what poem to do for a while, so I guess our communication was a little off, but besides that, we did really well, and it was definitely better than class work.

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 12:19 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 44

Well, I don't really know a lot about Greece. I know it has something to do with Rome, and they had many gods and goddesses they worshiped. They have created a lot of mythology known today, like the Pegasus (or Pegasi? However you spell plural PEGASUS) and stuff, and they have legends like Hercules.

In class right now, my team is ATHENS (<* high fives to all Athens people*>), and we have made up an awesome chant, and our flag is pretty awesome too, (if you know what I mean!). And right now we need to come up with a tune to sing our Greek alphabet to (we've picked "We will Rock You", but we don't know if we'll stick with that).

GO ATHENS=http://! (:

I’m glad for MULTIPLE things, but I guess 3 things I’m grateful for are…hmm, it’s sort of hard to pick actually… my family, my religion, and that I live in such a wonderful state.

First, I’m thankful that my family is very loving, and they aren’t very strict, and they know how to raise children right. I also love my puppy! I guess I’m happy I have siblings, and good parents, because they try to do what’s right for me, and they’re good people.

Secondly, I’m happy for my religion, because Jesus saved us, and God watches over us and keeps us safe, and He helps us when we need it.

Thirdly, I think this is the best place we’ve lived yet, because we have a wonderful house, a wonderful church, wonderful friends, a good neighborhood, and a WONDERFUL school! This is the best school I’ve been in yet, and it’s such a wonderful place to live because I FINALLY get my own room!!! It’s also really pretty here, and if we could stay, I would, but unfortunately, next summer we’re moving to Ohio. I’M GONNA MISS THIS PLACE=http:// )”:

Hmm... best mystery ever, huh? Man... uh, that would have to be "The Pale Assassin". It's a story about the French Revolution, and a girl who's rich has, basically a stalker trying to kill her, and she's trying to run away. Also, there's a big mob of people who didn't like the rich people and try to kill them too. It's a really cool book. The author is Patricia Elliott.

If I had to make a mystery, I'd make it like a girl is a groom at a racetrack, and horses are mysteriously being found dead, or something like that. OF COURSE I WOULD MAKE IT LIKE THAT!!!! FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO KNOW ME, YOU WOULD KNOW WHY!!!! I like horses WAY too much...

Article posted November 4, 2011 at 11:02 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 61

Well, I'd rather blog then do school work, cause I like to type better, and its easier cause it's on the computer. It's fun. You can usually express your opinions more than on paper, and also you can see what everyone else thinks too. You can COMMENT!!!! Yay! It's like an appropriate Facebook! You can't do that when you do school-work.

Article posted October 28, 2011 at 03:13 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 55

“Always remember. What does that mean? It means always remember the sacrifices our country has made, remember the history, remember the consequences. Remember the mistakes we have made, so we don’t do them again. THAT’S why we never forget…”

That’s my intro paragraph. PLEASE COMMENT!!! I haven’t gotten ANY comments yet on ANY of my posts! It’s sort of sad, actually…please comment!!! Pretty pretty please!!! Thanks!

Article posted October 19, 2011 at 12:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 63

That CARD idea for students who good on tests is sad and stupid! 2 things that kids my age (or at least me!) are motivated by: candy, or money. They should hand out 2 dollar coupons for iTunes or something, OR get some candy and hand it out to kids who do good. Like mini Twix bars or Kit-Kats or something cool. Or just let them pick! I know a lot of people who don't like specific types of candy or are allergic. Maybe you should just let the kids vote on what they want to do! [LINK]

This week we can write about anything, eh? MWHAHAHAHAHA=http://(That's supposed to be an evil laugh.)I guess I will just write some really random stuff then … do pillow pets scare you? I just hate the song. And don’t even get me started on Happy Nappers… Also, if you think Chick-Fil-A is AWESOME, then join the club!!!

AND IF YOU GET PEANUT BUTTER, GET SMOOTH!!!!- Brian Regan (comedian)

I’m glad we have the right to read! I like the book “To Kill a Mockingbird”, but my mom told me in some southern states they’re trying to ban it because of some cursing it has in it, (not that I agree with cursing, but it is a very good book!). Its a CLASSIC.

So, to conclude, I don't think they should ban this book because its so good and its also a CLASSIC.

I learned that bees like soda and if you put your foot in water it gets wet. But I also learned about nature and camouflage and how animals adapt to their environment, and plants that survive because they adapt to their surroundings. Also I learned that sometimes nature is harsh, like when we were playing that game (the name escapes me at the moment) with Mrs. Gagnon, and how the “deer” had to find food and water and shelter or else we “died”. It was fun. Until the bees started chasing me around for my peanut butter crackers.

Article posted September 23, 2011 at 03:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 68

I have no idea, but that guy is officially stupid. Who taught him math? 12 times 6 can be 18, though. My dad came up with that one. If that guy wants to give 13 doughnuts to 7 officers when he only has 28, well, I only have one thing to say to him: Good Luck. This is what he did: First he made 6 12s,then he added up all the 2s, then all the 1s, which made eight. I think he needs to go see Mr. Howard.

My stupidest moment was when me and my friend Brianna were in gym, and since we had been bumping into each other for the fun of it, she told me to push as hard as I could on her, and so I did, and then she stepped forward and I lost balance and fell on my butt. IT WAS NOT FUNNY!!!! But apparently it was to her. BRIANNA, IF YOU’RE READING THIS, YOU OWE ME A COOKIE!!!!

I think the Rachel’s Challenge was very effective and touching and worthwhile. The presentation was emotional for me, (which it isn’t very easy to get me emotional!), and I liked the presentation. After the presentation this year, Rachel became my role model, and I started keeping a journal. Thank you Rachel!