Article posted December 1, 2011 at 02:03 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 1177

Horror stories keep you on edge and make you want to know what will happen next. Mystery stories keep you thinking and make you want to finish the book fast. Both are very "teeth grinding" an make you want to finish the book. But horror stories are more about emotions, and mysteries are more about things that get your brain going. I prefer horror stories because of the way it makes you feel, from angry to scared to sad, horror stories are deffinanty uch more exiting.

(Mysery vs. Horror on Mrs. Gs blog)

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 03:33 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

Thanksgiving Break was incredible. I had so much fun! I hung out with friends. We went to the mall and hung out at my house and bought smoothies at sonic. We walked to Sonic, but we got so cold that my dad had to come and take us home. It was unbelievably fun! I also had a lot of company come over. I hadn’t seen some of them in 4-6 years! I had missed them a lot. They were my uncle, third cousins, and my aunt. The dinner that my mom cooked was unbelievable too! Over all thanksgiving break was very fun! How was your break?

This article idea was mine.

Article posted December 12, 2011 at 05:20 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 56

I'm working on an awesome space bored game. I called it STAR MACERA. The word, macera, means adventure in Turkish. I'm almost finished with the game. Here are the rules on how to play:

Set up

In the beginning of the game you put the planets on colored dots on the bored. You can place one satellite in each orbit. The wormhole can be placed anywhere on the bored. Here are the colors for each planet;

• Mercury: brown

• Venus: tan

• Earth: green

• Mars: red

• Jupiter: orange

• Saturn: yellow

• Uranus: light blue

• Neptune: dark blue

• Pluto: purple

MISSION CONTROL

Each team gets: four 50s, four 100s, two 500s, two 1000s, one 5000 and one 10,000s. One person is chosen to be the banker. The banker is in charge of the moons (properties, territories and rooms) and the money. The cards are placed on the bored where they are named. Everybody (or teams) chooses a color. Teams get armies based on the amount of people:

• 2 teams; 40 armies each

• 3 teams; 35 armies each

• 4 teams; 30 armies each

• 5 teams; 25 armies each

• 6 teams; 20 armies each

Also, everybody chooses a character that may help a malfunction.

To Start

In order to launch out of Earth, you have to answer pacific questions correctly without looking at the cards. Here are the basic parts of a spaceship:

• The nosecone

• The body

• The fin

• The thruster

Once you finish correctly answering the questions, you can roll your dice on your next turn and (go out of orbit) move around the bored. Every time before each team's turn; the planets and the satellite can move around their orbit or circle according to the dice. For example:

• Pluto & satellite rolled 8

• Neptune & satellite rolled 12

• Uranus & satellite rolled 2

• Saturn & satellite rolled 10

• Jupiter & satellite rolled 5

• Mars & satellite rolled 4

• Earth & satellite rolled 6

• Venus & satellite rolled 5

• Mercury & satellite rolled 10

The first roll determines how close the wormhole goes closer or farther away from the sun. The second roll is how far the wormhole is going around the sun. If the wormhole reaches its limit going to or from the sun, it switches direction. In the beginning of the game the wormhole goes away from the sun.

What happens if you enter a planet?

You have to roll the dice to decide what moon you're going to land. The moon and rocket cards are laid out for armies and ships. Only the moons can carry ships. You place your ship piece on the moon card that belongs to the planet you land on. One of the two things happens:

• The moon is occupied

• The moon isn't occupied

If the moon is occupied you can choose whether or not to battle it. If it isn't, you can buy it. If you get all the moons of that planet, it provides you more armies.

Battling other armies

You place the two cards that are battling each other side by side. Each card has armies. The attacker rolls three dice and the defender, two dice. You compare the highest rolls to each other. The highest number takes off an army to the other opponent. For example:

Player 1 and player 2 battled. Player 1 was the attacker and player 2 is the defender. Both of them rolled their dice. Player 1 had 6, 4, and 1 and player 2 has 5 and 4. The players' highest roll was 6 and 5. 6 beat 5 so player 2 lost an army. The 4 from player two beat the 4 from player 1 because defenders beat ties. Player 1 had lost an army. The attacker's dice is red and defender's dice is white. Anytime when a rocket is defeated, it is illuminated from the bored. When the moon is defeated, the moon switches owners with the attacker. The teams may not battle each other until somebody bought a moon. Moons can't attack.

Solar cards

Every time you won a battle against a moon or ship, you get a solar card. You must have all three of the same or different cards in order to get a match to receive extra armies. You can also have two cards and a wild card. Each time a set is traded in, more armies are available. This is the amount of armies when each set is traded in:

• The first set is traded in-4 armies

• The second set is traded in-6 armies

• The third set is traded in-8 armies

• The fourth set is traded in-10 armies

After the fourth set is traded in, the other sets have 5 more armies are added. For example:

(The fifth set is 15 armies; the sixth set is 20 and ECT.). With the solar cards are additional cards are cards that may help or hurt you.

Jobs

Each person can help a specific malfunction.

Malfunctions

If you get a malfunction, you may not leave orbit. To get rid of the malfunction, you must either land on the satellite and answer the question correctly or use your person that can fix it.

How do you earn money?

You can get money through rent. The person who landed on some body's moon pays rent by rolling the dice. Both of the two dice are added together times 100 and the number is the amount the person has to pay. The jackpot is the wormhole. You have to land on it in order to get the money. When a planet, rocket, and armies are paid, the payment goes to the wormhole. Every time you land on Earth, you earn $500.

Ways to be defeated

You can be defeated by running out of armies and money. If you run out of armies, you can buy some and start at Earth but at that point of time, your opponent has the advantage.

How to move your ship on the bored

You can only move one ship at a time. The ship can have a combination of moves on the dots except for malfunctions. For example: Bob rolled 3. He can go three spaces on the bored.

On another words, you can have a combination of moves. You can also move two ships using the two dice for each ship.

Versions

You can play individually, in teams. You can have a monopoly version where you only have the jackpot, the rent, and the good/bad cards inside the solar cards. Not the battling part. There's also a risk version where the properties are handed out and you battle each other including armies and solar cards.

Object of the game

The object of the game is to illuminate your opponents.

Hopefully, I'll finish the game during winter break.

Article posted December 5, 2011 at 11:06 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 62

Is there a definition of Hope? My definition is let’s say you’re in a minor position at work and not getting payed well. Then one day one of the high positions got fired. You are HOPEful that you will get permuted to that position. Hope is something that keeps you going!!

From Madison w

I think that we could make buildings safer by making an interlocking system where every building is connected to the others. I think it would be safer because it would add supportto the buildings connected with it. I got this idea from Ian. His original idea was to make buildings the same level and allow cars and pedestrians to walk on the roofs to get to their destination.

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 03:42 AM GMT • comment • Reads 87

I did a mad lib for my choice.( The blue words are the word I used)

Romeo and Juliet: Prologue

Two clocks, both alike in dignity,

In fair France, where we lay our scene,

From ancient man break to new mutiny,

Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.

From forth the fatal loins of these two foes

A pair of star-cross`d speakers take their life;

Whole misadventured piteous overthrows

Do with their Mirror bury their parents` strife.

The fearful passage of their wet love,

And the continuance of their parents` rage,

Which, but their children`s end, nought could bump,

Is now the 3 hours` traffic of our stage;

The which if you with madly neck attend,

What here shall murder, our toil shall strive to mend.

I have a dog named Meatball.  He is a 5 year old Blue Heeler.  He is also known as a short haired Australian Shepard or a cow dog.  He is a very smart dog.  When we got our new puppy my mom would go outside and call the puppy.  If the puppy didn't come then Meatball would go and get him and bring him to my mom.  Meatball likes to chase squirrels, he corners them up in our trees in the backyard.  He is also a very protective dog.  We lived in a house a few years ago and my mom had the cable company come hook up our cable.  Meatball was still sleeping in a kennel at the time and when the cable guy came around the corner of the hall to hook up the cable in my brothers room, Meatball went wild and tried to get out of his kennel.  My mom had to sit on the top of the kennel to keep him from getting out.  Meatball was not happy that a stranger was in one of his boys rooms. 

Meatball doesn't have to sleep in a kennel anymore.  Now we tell him kennel and he goes into my brothers room and lays down on his bed we got him.  He is a really good dog.  This last summer we went camping and it was the first time that Meatball got to run with us on the four wheelers.  He likes to do those kinds of things because he is a herding dog that would normally live on a ranch and herd cattle.  He keeps us all together when we are camping and he doesn't let us out of his sight.  I like taking him camping because I know he will let us all know if something is out in the woods that shouldn't be there.  Now you know a little bit about my dog Meatball.

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 10:39 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 57

I love purple!!! If you havn't already noticed, its my favorite color! I also like pink, green, and blue! My favorite color is purple because its so intresting! I think purple stands out over all the other colors. My first favorite color was pink and then... I discovered purple! I love everything that is purple, socks, paper, pencils, hair, etc. You name it!

Article posted November 2, 2011 at 12:59 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 68

This year, I am trying to get the gold honor role, which means that I need straight A's this quarter. Last quarter, I had all A's, except for one B+ in Humanities. I need straight A's in the rest of the quarters and this one to get the honor role. I've got A's in all my classes, except one. I have an F in Language Arts! I need to get an A in Language Arts!  

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 02:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

I've gotten many comments about my rockets, so I decided to explain what I do. I usually start with assembling the engine housing, which pretty much just holds the engine in place. I next cut, sand, and refine the wooden fins. This is one of the hardest and most difficult parts because the fins, which are very fragile, keep the rocket stable. I've broken these many times. After that, I put together the engine housing with the fins, the body, and the nose cone. I then add the parachute at this point. This is also very important. I've blown up several beautiful rockets due to the failure of this step. One of my works-in-progress is over six feet tall and contains the biggest engine that you're allowed to use without a permit, so I had better rig the parachute correctly. Finally, I airbrush the rocket, launch it, and hope for the best. This is what I have been doing since 2008.

Well I found a blog for "What do you think about 7th grade" from Mrs. Thomassen's class and That made me stop and think. For my experiences I think I'm more comfortable with the school and its people. I've noticed that 7th graders use fowl language more often and that friends are harder to get. The homework quantity is much much more and the days arren't get any shorter.

I still can't belive we have to wake up earlier than in elementary school but I can't change that. Anyway I think this year has been OK so far.

Article posted December 6, 2011 at 03:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

For my choice blog I thought I would write about holidays because Christmas is coming up and I just thought it was a fun idea. My favorite part about holidays is that every holiday has its own unique feel. I love Christmas because not only do you get presents :) but it's also a very joyful holiday!! My favorite part is dressing up for it because I just think that dressing up for Christmas is fun!! Hahaha I know, that's a great reason!! I got my idea from my mom when I asked her what I should write about...hahaha :D

I am super excited for break to come up. There are so many things I want to do besides go to school and getting up early. One thing that I want to do during break is spend time with my family and friends. I don’t really get to do that all the time because I am so busy with sports and school. I also really want to bake cookies that one of my family’s traditions, and I am really excited for it this year. That is why I am

There are several similarities and differences between horror stories and mysteries.

Mysteries and Horrors both create suspense, but Horrors draw on the emotional sense of fear to stay exciting and they also tend to include more supernatural occurrences such as monsters. Mysteries on the other hand draw on the infamous sense of curiosity to keep the reader interested and unlike horror stories, they’re often more logical and realistic.

(I got the idea for this post from Mrs. G)

Dear Everyone,

I would like to thank everyone I have ever known, or been friends with for being there for me and always by my side. Though I said to everyone there is one person to thank that is very special to me. This person is my mom. I know you haven't been here for a while but you will be in my heart no matter where you go. I am counting the days but while I am counting please know I am so thankful for having you in my life and I don't know what I would do without you here I will see you soon

From,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sammy

Article posted December 7, 2011 at 03:06 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

Well since I don't really know what to write about... I'll write about the movie I watched on Netflix!! I watched "Breakfast at Tiffany's" with Audrey Hepburn, George Peppard, Mickey Rooney and Patricia Neal. It's about a very pretty girl named Holly Golightly, (Audrey Hepburn), who lives in NYC. Her favorite place to be is Tiffany and Co. because nothing bad at Tiffany's can ever happen. (So true I love Tiffany's!!)When struggling writher Paul Varjack, (George Peppard) moves into her apartment building they become intrigued by eachother. Her lifestyle changes in front of him from being the bright and bubbly in public but when they are alone she changes into a shy vulnerable girl. It is a very sweet, romantic comedy and I loved it!

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 12:52 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 49

(First line:5 syllables, 2nd line:7 syllables, 3rd line: 5 syllables)

WINTER

Look! Beautiful snow,

Gingerbread baking away,

Gifts down by the tree.

Some people think all sports are is what team won what team lost. But sports are much more than that. Sports are about keeping active the reason why that team lost how that team won. Also how to play that sport or even as simple as what players are on that team. And that is why sports are much more than what team won what team lost.

Article posted December 5, 2011 at 04:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

I got my Why or Why not from Mrs.G's class blogs. Poet Charles Ghigna says, "In order to grow as a writer, you've got to be willing to risk it all each time you sit down to write. You've got to be open and brave and curious." Do you agree? Why or why not? How might these qualities change your writing?

I have to say I do agree. This is because you can not just sit down and write about something without connecting it to you. It had better words when written from the mind not randomly. They might change my writing because now instead of trying to write about anything I might be able to connect the story to something that has happened and make it better.

Article posted December 3, 2011 at 12:36 AM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 46

Ok, so I got this idea from Jamiem in Mr. G’s class in Washington. She started a story with pictures, so here is mine.  Or, my character profile at least.

Kyler:

James Zheng Jr - anime-guys-with-black-hair Pictures

I'm creative, but I don't like people analyzing me at all. I ike to listen to claissical music, but sometims I listen to modern music. My sister is too annoying for me sometimes. I'm 13 and I don't live with my parents.

Tracy:

Anime - anime Pictures

Hi! I'm Tracy. I'm Kyler's younger sister. He says I'm too annoying to handle. I'm too cute not too handle! I like to look my best, even though it's not always that easy. I'm 12 years old and spunky.

Lucca:

Anime - anime Pictures

I'm Lucca. I'm one of the warrors at Calm Waters. There is nothing that makes me angrier than somone trying to 'take care of their job' on my territory. their 'job' is to get rid of the queen of Calm Waters. What part of Calm do they not understand? I'm not afraid to fight if need be.

Duke:

Anime - anime Pictures

Hi, I'm Duke. My nickname is Sonic because I like to run fast. I like to try and make people laugh, even if my jokes aren't funny. My friends are Kyler and Tracy. my brother gets on my nerve, so he is now in Calm Waters. I'm 14 years old and live on my own.

Beat:

Anime - anime, boys Pictures

I'm Beat. my brother, Sonic, left me here in Calm Waters. It's supposed to be a place for kids who have no one to care for them, but it's far from it. It's this crazy place with gaurds and warriors and people without faces. I'm 13 and antisocial. The only friends I have so far are Lucca and Storm. Try and get me to smile, I dare you.

Storm:

Naruto Rp - anime-guy, anime-guys Pictures

What's up? I'm Storm, one of the gate keepers of Calm Waters. I make sure no one gets past the gates, unless they have permission to enter. There have only been a few incidents when people have gotten past the gate, but they don't happen often. I am calm and know how to keep my head when I'm under pressure.

I got all my pictures from http://www.pimpmyspace.org/search?q=anime&t=comments and yes I made sure that I could use them. These pictures are useable and I'm sure I won't get in trouble. So, tell me  how you like my pictures and I'll try to do my story. Kacie signing off! Oh, and if the pictures don't show up, please let me know and I'll try to fix it somehow.

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 12:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

I cant't seem to think of anything to write about. Well I guess the best movie I have seen lately is Jack and Jill. This movie is about when Jack a rich movie director has his comes to town. His sister is a weird fun kid but she isn't a kid. Eventually Jack and Jill get into the whole twin fight and it's just a good movie that you all should see.

Article posted December 7, 2011 at 01:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

Blogging about anything? Sweet! Well here it goes! Let’s dive into my free time!

I love to play on the computer in my free time. The computer and TV have my attention most of the time. I love to play on a site called Dogdayzz. Dogdayzz is a dog sim site. You can breed and enter competions or just care of your pets. You only have dogs. They have most of the breeds in the game. I love to breed Labrashepards. A labrashepard is a Labrador and German Sheppard mix. You can show them in everything expect comfortion because it it's a mix breed. That is what I do when I have free time.

You asked what I want to blog about well here it is!

Article posted December 14, 2011 at 10:02 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 55

A couple days ago my brother Ty got a game called Pure. The game is awesome me and Ty play it all the time .It’s awesome because you can create your Owen Atv.

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 04:02 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 51

Well I guess I’ll write about the F-22 Raptor. It’s one of my favorite planes and It’s also the military’s best plane. When the Air Force demanded a new fighter they had some requirements that had to be met. The F-22 meets all of the expectations: It can go mach 1 without afterburner. It is undetectable with radar. It includes thrust vectoring. And It holds enough fuel for a very long flight. The only issue with the F-22 is that it costs a lot and when I say a lot I mean a lot. A single F-22 costs 150 million US dollars. None the less the F-22 is the only 5th generation fighter in existence and I think it will stay that way for a long time.

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 01:55 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

I love food,neon colors,and zebra!Food is so meaningful to my life because it's yummy and of course important to life!!!:)neon colors are so amazing because they are bright and all happy looking.They just pop out to you and go bang!!!:)Finally zebra is just the best pattern in this world besides polka-dots!!!I love anything zebra,especially if there is a bright pink to go with it!!!But I absolutly hate it when they put zebra patterns on old granny chairs!!!:( What an insult! BYE :P

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 12:27 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

Do you know what I struggle with, my sheet music for piano. Some things just irritate me because I know lots of the music but the problem is I need to play up to tempo. I get some of the rhythms but I can’t play up to tempo immediately and it is ticking me off. Advice needed!!! Don’t give me that start slow stuff though, I know it already. Please reply. P.S. give me good advice.

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 04:10 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

Ever since I started dancing, I've always dreamed of being the sugar plum fairy in the Nutcracker. On Black Friday, I finally got to be it. I performed four times at the Chapel Hills Mall. The performances were just small parts of the full Nutcracker we are doing at the Pikes Peak Center. Although I'm not the sugar plum fairy in the big Nutcracker, it was still a GREAT experience. This experience made me gain confidence because I'm only 12 and that was only my 2nd performance en pointe, so I still have six years to do it again. It also prepared me for the future, when I will do that variation again. So, that was my wonderful experience of being the sugar plum fairy!

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 12:40 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 59

The article was based on a blog entry that was written by a girl named Emily in Mr. Ullrich’s class. This is the url: [LINK]

Emily said that she loved music. I do too. My favorite time to listen to music is before gymnastics, and while I do homework. My favorite singer is Taylor Swift. I have all her albums on my iPod! My favorite subjects in school are language arts and science. Emily likes science too! Who knew that another person had the same favorite colors as me? Yes Emily, I love blue and green too. What similarities!

Article posted December 3, 2011 at 05:15 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 56

What is hope? Is there a definition or is it different for every one?

Well, what it means to me is that feeling when you entered a rafel and you HOPE you win. this is a example but say you were living in a hotel room and you might get a house then you have that feeling of HOPE in side and you really want that house that is what hope is to me. What is hope too you?

Christmas Songs

I don’t know about any of you people but it is not even Christmas and I am already so tired of the stupid Christmas songs that have been taking over my favorite music stations. For example, this morning I was riding to school in my mom’s car and out of no where the “jingle bells” song came on. When I heard it I literally wanted to break the radio in my mom’s car. Although then the worst part was when that song was over another Christmas song came on and my baby sister started singing along with it. I guarantee you that the only reason that she knows the song she was singing with was because Christmas songs are played way too often. All that I am saying is that we still have a couple weeks until Christmas and people don’t need to play them this early in the month.

I am a 7th grader in colorado. My favorite types of things to do are hand out with my friends, play football, play basketball and learn. Of all the classes I would have to say math is my favorite but I think language arts would be my second favorite. I don’t really like school. When I get older I want to be a pro football player or an engineer for NASA. Well that is a few important things to know about me.

Article posted December 5, 2011 at 12:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

I don't really have anything to talk about, so I chose to put what my favorite animal was. My favorite animal is a panda. No, it does not have anything in common with the fact that I'm Asian. I really like pandas because they’re cute. That’s pretty much it. Haha. Pandas look so cuddly! They’re especially cute when they are cubs.

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 12:45 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

I think that this poetry thing in LA class is very interesting. It looks hard, but probablly isn't as hard as I think it is. I have Sylvia Plath and she is very interesting to learn about. I can't wait to see how the projects turn out. I hope that everyone else has fun with this!

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 03:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

My favorite college basketball team is the Kentucky Wildcats. They're my favorite team because I like their coach, and I like how good they are at recruiting players. Year by year, they have really good freshmen. One of those freshmen is Anthony Davis. In high-school he was a point guard, but then grew taller to become a power forward. Since it's so early in the season, it's hard to say who's the star player of the team. But in my mind, Davis will probably end-up being my favorite player. I believe that the Wildcats will be a good team for years to come!

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 04:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

I have been reading a book called Schooled for Battle of the Books. So far, I think it's a pretty good book. I like the author's writing style because he gives detail but not so much that it's boring. I also like the plot because it is interesting to see a kid that was home schooled and how he transitioned to a public school. Personally I would never want to be home schooled and especially not by my grandmother like the main character, Cap was in the book. In the book, Cap's grandmother seemed pretty cool and they got along and he liked being home schooled. Cap and his grandmother live in a hippie community. His grandmother had an unusual name. I wondered why someone would name their daughter Rain. But, there are some bad things about the book. Like how it gets told from a different point of view or a different student in every chapter. I think it gets confusing because their lives are all connected to the same public school but sometimes I don't really get what it's saying. Besides that I think it's a pretty good book and I want to see how the story continues and ends. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I cut and pasted the Blog that I decided to comment on. I spent a lot of time looking for something that I could comment on. I chose the Blog below because I liked the 7 Random Facts Assignment and Prof. McG's class did it too. I liked it because it was fun and you got to be creative. Here is what I commented on her Blog site: I like how you did the 7 Random Facts too. We did this assignment in my Language Arts class and I thought it was fun and I thought it was fun the way you did it. I agree that it is a good way to learn about others and make connections. I thinks it's fun the way you have online nicknames. Random Facts Dearest Dragons and the World! I love this assignment. 7 Random Facts gives us a chance to look for connections all around the world. We post 7 things about us, everybody else posts 7 things about themselves...we go around the world and leave comments! It's supposed to be fun and supposed to teach us how to leave appropriate comments with other classes around the world. You will need to sign your comments with your online nickname and leave a hyperlink back to your blog. (Please do not fill in your email address.) So now....we wait. We wait until the other classrooms have posted their 7 Random Fact assignments, then we start our search! Love, Prof. McG from MyDragonBlog.com

Life grrrr it could mean so many things to some people but for me it just means another "interesting" day. So much goes on in my life and my friends lives to. I think that sometimes we just want to dissapear because of something we or someone else said or did. I know I get that feeling all the time but nothing ever changes and I wish life was so much easier for everybody and well nothing happens. :P

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 06:08 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 48

I like Twilight. I know many people don’t like it but I love it!!! I’m on Team Edward but I also know that everyone else hates him which makes me sad but its fine. Anyway I just felt like typing about something I liked. I have not YET seen the new Breaking Dawn part 1 but I was supposed to see it on the premier but then my mom changed her mind last minute. It made me very disappointed. I often talk about Twilight to my friends and they tell me that I’m obsessed but they say obsessed like it’s a bad thing. I’m also having a birthday “party” it’s really a sleep-over/ hang out day because there is only going to be three girls there. Anyway the theme of that “party” is going to be Twilight!!! You pretty much get the point, I LOVE TWILIGHT!!! (sorry to the people who don’t like Twilight)

Article posted December 4, 2011 at 12:30 AM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 56

Here are some random facts that will probably come in handy later. First, these are the seven wonders of the ancient world:

The Great Pyramids of Egypt

The Hanging Gardens of Babylon

The Statue of Zeus at Olympia

The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus

The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus

The Colossus of Rhodes

The Great Lighthouse of Alexandria

Next, these are the formulas for finding the volumes of spheres and cones.

Sphere:  V=4/3(3.14)r3

Cone:  V=1/3(3.14)r2h

Finally, the acidic content in Coke is 1,000 times stronger than the acidic content in the water that carved Mammoth Cave, the longest cave system in the world (that we know of).

Article posted December 5, 2011 at 03:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

I am so excited for our poetry project. In fact, I just got the message from out new partner from Luisiana. I don't know her but I am excited for her to join us in our project. I love the way we can use the wiki to talk to people and so I created one of my own with a friend and I love it, even though I accidentally logged into the poetry place and posted something on the wrong user. It is so much fun to work on the computer and create written assignments online! I can't wait for Language Arts now because I know it will be fun.

I am really excited for Christmas. Each Christmas, my family and I enjoy breakfast together and open gifts. We all go to my grandmother's house after eating breakfast. Once we are at my grandmother's house, we all spend time with our cousins. We play games, we use our new gifts, and we eat a MASSIVE dinner. Christmas is a wonderful time, and I really enjoy it.

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 03:44 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

For about 2.5 years the world’s weather has fluctuated, starting from ice ages to warmer climates. In the last century the world’s weather has fluctuated fast, to about 1.1 to 1.5 farinheight. Scientists believe that the world’s weather is rising up from the people’s activity that is making the weather go crazy, that is known by global warming. Industrial activities started factories, power plants & cars burn fossil fuels, such as coal and oil revealing lots of carbondioxied into the atmosphere. Green House gases trap heat near the earth called the "Green House Effect." It starts with the sun and the energy it rates to the earth. Some of the earth collects the heat, and then warms up the earth. Scientists say that 1998 was the warmest year through history, then 2005 coming in 2nd. Green House carbon dioxide and methane their highest level in the past 420,000 years. The Arctic ice is melting, according to NASA studies. The Arctic ice has declined about 10%, in the last 30 years.

Well, I got this information from Mr. Ullrich's blog page, if you want more information about Global Warming go here > www.youtube.com and search Global Warming 101 or just go to here > Mr. Ullrich's blog and click on> Earth is Getting Hotter, is Global Warming our Fault?

Thank you Mr. Ullrich for this information :)

Article posted December 4, 2011 at 12:30 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 74

Once upon a time, there was a reindeer named Elvis who lived at the North Pole. It was almost Christmas, and all the reindeers went through intense practice flights to prepare for the final test to see which reindeers would fly Santa's sleigh this year. Elvis hated practice flights and training. In fact, he wished he could do whatever he wanted. And what he wanted was to be a rock star. He wanted to have a band called 'Elvis the Other Reindeers' and be the lead singer. The problem was reindeers were not normally allowed to be rock stars. They were only allowed to pull Santa's sleigh once a year if they got picked, but otherwise they hung around waiting for their chance next year to try out.

Elvis had such an excellent voice that Mary Mae, the most attractive reindeer in Elvis's opinion, heard him singing alone once and thought it was the sound of the elves’ harmonic angel-like voices. 'It's no fair the elves get to sing all the time!' Elvis thought enviously. 'They probably have to sing, even if they don't want to. I would trade places with them. Anything to get Mae!' He blushed at the thought of the pretty she-reindeer will honey-colored fur and nicely curved antlers. He wanted desperately for her to bat her long eyelashes at him and stare at him through her pure violet eyes with affection. There was a lot of competition for her though.

Elmer, the most attractive and muscular reindeer had an eye for Mae too. He was always picked, because he was the son of Coach Winfrey, who chose who pulled Santa's sleigh. He knew that Elmer liked Mae, and that Elvis did too, and if Elvis so much as looked at her he had him galloping 4 mile terrains. Even though he liked Mae, he did his best to avoid her so Winfrey couldn't have an excuse to make him run, which turned out to be quite hard, because Mae always came over to him when she saw him. Oh, the way her beautiful eyes sparkled as she spoke! He sighed and entered the stables. He slipped the bell collar down his neck, stepped into his silver hooves, and cozied under his soft back blanket.

He turned around and started when he saw Mae standing there.

"Hello." she smiled, her pearl-white teeth gleaming. "Do you want to be chosen this year?"

He didn't know what to say. "Uh, I- well, I never want to be chosen. Elmer's so cocky and rude and boasts about being at the front." he stuttered.

Mae's smile dimenished. "Yeah, and besides, he likes me. I do not care for him one bit, as I already have an eye on someone else." Her smile broadened.

Coach Winfrey entered at that moment. His gaze flickered over to Elvis as he scooted away from Mae. He stared for a moment then gestured for them to follow. "As you know, today is the final exam. Those who are chosen get to pull Santa's sleigh. Get in line!" he barked. "Saint Nick is coming this time to watch!"

The reindeers snapped to attention as The Big Man came up. "Hello, Winfrey. Proceed." He sat back and watched.

Coach Winfrey immediately called out, "Elmer!" Elmer strode to his father's side looking very smug indeed.

He looked at Mae. Coach called out several other names, including Mae's. When she walked up, Elmer immediately came to her, so close that she shifted uncomfortably. He passed Elvis without even speaking and selected several others.

"Here, Santa, stand your reindeer who will pull your sleigh. They will do practice flights with your sleigh."

Santa walked up and down the rows. He paused in front of Elvis. "What do you want, son?" he asked suddenly, making Elvis jolt. "Do you want to pull the sleigh for once?"

Elvis muttered, "I want to be a rock star..."

THE END

Every can probably assume how the story ends here. Something short and sweet, since my mom said I had to get off "RIGHT NOW=http://", so I didn't get to finish.

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 01:38 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

So this week we got to write about whatever we wanted to so I’m going to talk about school. School is fun and it gives me a chance to learn while having fun. All my teachers are fun and always give us fun activities. I love seeing my friends who are always here for me! I’m looking forward for 8th grade because the teachers seem cool there too!:)

Article posted December 16, 2011 at 12:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

I decided to blog about one of my favorite TV shows, Bones. It's one of my favorites because I think it's really interesting and funny. It has crime scenes and bodies and interesting ways of how people die. That's why it's one of my favorite TV shows.

The NBA lockout is coming to a close. The first game of the season is coming up soon. I never thought there should have been a lockout. I don't know much about it though. I hate all lockouts and I think they are a bad idea.

Article posted December 3, 2011 at 06:49 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 45

I am very happy about winter break this year. I am very happy that it's longer than a week unlike my old school. I am very excited and happy because I don't have school, I get to spend time with my family, and I might go to California to visit a lot of my family members there. Over the break I get to spend a good Christmas and enjoy my birthday without worrying about school.I hope others will have a great Christams and a happy New Year. This is why I am very excited for winter break.

The Broncos in my opinion have been doing awesome this year!!! People have doubted   the Broncos in the past but this year is their year to shine. I really hope that the Broncos make it to the Super Bowl not only because that would be awesome for them but also because if they do make it, my dad wouldn’t miss it for the world. Also, I think it would make Mr. Howard flip out!!

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 10:45 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 52

Fire's a dangerous thing. It burns so many things. Like napkins. The last time that my brother had a lighter for candles, he took napkins and started to catch them on fire. I don't think that that's what a candle lighter is for.

Article posted December 10, 2011 at 02:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

I would love to write my blogs on a piece of paper and not have to go online. I do not like using my computer because it is very complicated. I love my dog and my friends and family. I say they are the only things that keep me going. I am having a really hard time at school and keeping my grades up. My momma told me to focus on my work so I'm going to do that

Article posted December 14, 2011 at 10:43 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 60

Okay! I’d like to write about a few songs I’ve heard. It’s about me and my friends! Here’s a couple(and a lot more)

No Fear Song:

~big scary giraffe-turtles pop up~

~everyone screams, ‘cept me~

Me: ~makes faces at the trees, laughing~ Ha? Blurr-r-rr-r! Haha!

Aspen: Camryn, what are you doing? RUN!

Me: Don’t you see girls? ~random music~ when I was a little girl and the sun was going doo-ooowwn…

Taylor: Tell me she’s not…

Me: The darkness and the shadows, they would always make me froo-ooowwn…

Katie: She is…

Me: I’d hide under my pillow, from what I thought I saw! But Grandma said that wasn’t the way, to deal with fears at all! She said, ‘Camryn, you got to stand up tall, learn to face your fears! You’ll see, just laugh at them to make them disappear!’ ~turns to a face~ Ha, ha ha! ~face disappears~

Katie, Taylor, Aspen: Gasp!

Me: SOOOOO Giggle at the ghostly, guffaw at the grossly! Crack up at the creepy, woof it up with the weepy! Chortle at the kooky, snortle at the spooky! If a big and scary face just comes up to you say take a hike and you win and this sort of thing just makes me want to… He, ha, ha!! LAAAUUUUUUUGHHH!

Everyone: ~laughs~

Hush now, Quiet now Song

Taylor: Hush now, quiet now, it’s time to lay your sleepy heads… Hush now, quiet now it’s time to go bed…

Katie: Hey! I know that song!

Taylor: Oh, how wonderful, would you like to sing along?

Katie: ~Deep breath~

Me and Aspen: ~Plug ears, ready to sing as well~

Katie: ~Jazz tune with it~ HUSH NOW, QUIET NOW! IT’S TIME TO LAY YOUR SLEEPY HEAD! SAID HUSH NOW, QUIET NOW, IT’S TIME TO GO TO BED!

Me and Katie: DOOT DOOT!

Katie: OFF TO SLEEP, LET THE JOY OF DAYLIGHT FIND YOU!

Me and Katie: DOOT DOOT!

Katie: OFF TO SLEEP, LEAVE THE JOY OF EXCITEMENT LIGHT YOU!!!!

Taylor: ~is hiding under bed~ W-wonderful…?

And finally, last but not least…

Funny quote!

There’s skiing, and there’s throwing yourself off a mountain and hoping for the best.

Article posted December 14, 2011 at 10:52 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 50

We are Megara! Bum, bu dum bum bum bum bum! Funny, right? The country and culture was unique and special, and they were divided into city-states, which are fully populated areas. There are many ranks of power. Aristocrats are the highest, while Small farmers and tethes are close behind. These are considered citizens. Women and children born to citizens are considered a non-citizen, along with merchants and the foreign-born. And, the not-free, are the slaves.

In class, we are doing stimulation with games. I’m pretty happy, but we rarely do games. Maybe some more of them? I like it, but I think it could be better. I like humanities a lot better, but math is still my favorite. I like all of my classes, but my least favorite is L.A. Sorry Mrs. Lubich…

My year has not been going that good but I would like to change that. I have gotten very behind in my school work. I want to get caught up and stop procrastinating in my blogs. I want to get the homework done the night that I was assigned the work. What I need to do to do that is to be more organized at home and remember to bring my stuff home and to school.

Article posted December 5, 2011 at 12:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

I went on to Lachinos blog from Ms.Caseys class and I read about her cross country meet she said that her and her friend Candy walked the whole time because they were lazy. She said they were also walking to be silly. Also she said she does not like to run long distance. I think Lachino sounds very funny and kind of lazy.

Article posted December 15, 2011 at 04:01 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 44

There once was a cow that ate some bad cheese. He began to get sick then his friend the bunny tried to make a antidote for his sickness, but it didn't work. Then, the cow's friend the, Calico Cat, made him a nice fleece blanket that made Mr. Cow all warm and fuzzy inside. Then everyone at the farm helped Mr. Cow then he got better and live at the farm with all his friends forever.

Haiku

Mr. Cow got better.

his friends helped him out.

Mr. Cow had friends.

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 12:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

I picked this topic because I love football. The NFL had some surprising wins and loses. Starting with the San Francisco 49ers losing to the Baltimore Ravens. This was San Francisco's second loss of the season. Now let’s go to the big win for the Green Bay Packers against The Detroit Lions. The Miami Dolphins had a close loses against The Dallas Cowboys. The Miami Dolphins lost by one point in the Thanksgiving Day game.

Article posted December 3, 2011 at 12:20 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 55

• I want to go pro in hockey when I grow up

• I want to be President after my pro career

• I want to own a segway

I am still building this and have not yet had anything checked off. It would be nice to have ideas.

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 10:56 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 56

Colorado is where I exist,

but I love to visit Massachusetts.

Ohio and Idaho are very cool to,

but I also like to go to Sacramento.

Somewhere else that’s cool is Nevada,

but the best place to visit is Arizona.

Massachusetts is really cool because it has many fun places to go including Water Wizz. Ohio and Idaho are cool because they rhyme. Sacramento is cool because I was born in the state, California. Arizona is the best because of the Grand Canyon.

I think that we should blog about the inportant dates coming up, like the poetry due date for instance. I not only think that this would be fun, but I also believe that it will help some of us a lot. Blogging about this would help us remember when things are due in our classes. In the long run, I think this will help our grades improve a lot.. I got this idea from one of Mrs. G's assignments. Please reply and tell me What you think of this.

Article posted December 6, 2011 at 03:33 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

It was a fine morning

Nothing was boring

The air was crisp and filled with snow

I added caramel to my marshmallow

I toasted next to a fire

As gazed upon my treat with great desire

I slowly bent down to pick it up

When in flew a plump young duck

I grabbed my torch and flung with fury

Apparently, it was in no hurry

It might have escaped had I not closed the shutter

The duck tried again with a great flutter

I flung again and this time bullseye

I feasted that night on a delicious duck pie.

I simply decided to write a poem. Though, I did eat duck the other night.

On the Thursday before Thanksgiving Break, my dad came to visit me from Portugal. It was the best ay of my life, because I hadn't seen him for two years!!! The following day I got very sick, with some thing in my lungs and a very sore throat. I could not breathe and I was very sad that I was not able to spend time with my dad. On Black Friday, I bought my self a iPod Touch for $191. It was the biggest purchase I have ever made and I was very happy!!!!

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 02:11 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 49

Many people in the world have dogs, millions. You know the saying “man’s best friend." Yes, I'm one of the millions. I own a Shetland sheepdog, a sheltie. I wondered where they really originated, and just basic facts about them. I found out that they originated on the island of Shetland. Shetland is located off the coast of Scotland. In the 18th century Shetland sheepdog’s guarded sheep. One fact I found was Shetland sheepdog females grow for about 12-15 inches. Also sheltie’s are short dogs that have a soft, double layered coat that could have the colors black, sable, blue merel, white and tan. My dog molly is white and sable. I found this site and the information very interesting.

http://www.greatdogsite.com/breeds/details/Shetland_Sheepdog/

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 12:41 AM GMT • comment • Reads 78

The neighbor across from my street goes way too far in holidays. For example, he puts about 20 to 30 pumpkins out on his lawn for Halloween. These pumpkins are hand carved by him and light up; they blink according to the music playing. Usually, he does the same thing for Christmas. He about has 20 trees, stars all across his windows, and lights everywhere, and a sign saying, “Tune to this station for Music”. This holiday season, he connected all the houses on the street into one light show. All the houses blink according to the music. This is really cool but yet it’s tiring when you’re trying to sleep and you see blinking lights through your blinds. Therefore, I will take advantage of this moment and start a hot chocolate and coffee stand outside.

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 01:36 AM GMT • comment • Reads 109

I got inspired by this http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?user_id=223544&blogger_id=292178

The missile screamed through the air whizzing past the crouching Sgt. Sheppard. He knew that he needs to get to the launch pad and disable it quick before they launch more V2 rockets. He signaled Pvt. Emerson to clear the guard post. Three shots rang out but were drowned out by the sudden roar of thunder. The down pore began and the Sergeant sighed. The squad moved forward and saw no imminent danger so lessened their tension.  Suddenly the machine gun opened fire and everyone hit the ground. The gun quickly silenced with the thud of a rifle shot. The squad, ever alert, crept forward in a crouching stance. A shot was fired and Emerson was picked off. Then another guy was. The sergeant fired almost immediately at the third muzzle flash. The shot chipped part of the sergeant’s helmet. As the squad sprinted towards the row of bunkers they saw the sniper in a tree but his gun was on the ground with a bullet hole in the scope. The launch pad slowly came in sight. It rose from the thick fog revealing multiple Nazis refueling it. In panic, they froze. They were picked off. Suddenly the machine gun opened fire again. Then, mp40s and mp44 lit up. Nazi rifles rang out. The pandemonium was not directed at them but another target. Suddenly a panzer blew the guard post away. Then a bunker blew up. Taking advantage of this window of opportunity, the sergeant raced to the launch pad and placed the explosive. The timer, set for thirty seconds, ticked. The squad ran for cover. The explosive tore apart the pad and lit the rocket up. It flew and blew up the bunker with the fuel tanks. The area was a fiery mess. The squad thanked the resistance people in the tank. They stole a couple of jeeps and sped into the distance.           

Why do you think that mysteries have been popular throughout the centuries? I got the idea for my blog from one of Mrs. G’s assignments.

I think that mysteries are still popular after 100 years or so because you can read a mystery story over and over and still find something new about it. Mysteries will always keep you interested because you’re on the edge of your seat and what to know what happens next.

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 03:57 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

Amele was a troublesome person. He was practically nocturnal, ate all of his meals about two hours late, and cooked all of it in a microwave. Most people thought he wasn't good at anything. He wasn't physically fit, and didn't excel in any academic subjects. The ONE thing he truly enjoyed and was good at was making puzzles. Yes, and as you may have guessed, he was REALLY good at puzzles. As in solves-a-2,000-piece-puzzle-in-three-hours kind of good. And now, after 19 years of practice, he has achieved his ultimate goal: an invitation to the international puzzle-making championships.

This was just an idea I had for a humorous comedy about... well... puzzle-making! I got the idea from my big sister, who is quite the puzzle-making type. (She isn't nocturnal, though...)

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 01:42 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

Around Thanksgiving, we vary from staying home to traveling. Thanksgiving isn’t really that special except we cook all day. Every year I don’t eat anything until dinner. I’d have to say my favorite food would be the stuffing in gravy. I’m the only one in my immediate family that likes gravy, so I only get it once a year. Everything gets drenched in gravy. My favorite pie is pumpkin.

The thing I am most thankful for is my family and friends that provide so much and bring me undeniable joy. Without them I would have nothing and not be who I am today. Sometimes I can be greedy and selfish, but they help me through all my bad days and troubles.

I'm going to write what I'm good at doing and my dreams what I want to be when I grow up. Well first I want to be a singer and what in really good at singing I love to sing it makes me very happy. I will tell you how much I sing when I'm getting ready in the morning for school I sing. When I come home from school I sing. I sing all of the time. But the only thin holding me back from sing in front of people is my SHYNESS I really hate my shyness but I cant help it. I would love to do something with my vioce now or when I grow up. My second thing I want to be when I grow up is open my fashion desiner store/biusness. Do hair and makeup and clothes. That I do and desine my self and hair and makeup my self it would be my goal in my life.

Article posted December 7, 2011 at 12:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 57

In Mrs.G's class they were doing a blog about what they think about when they think of mysteries and horror book. For me, they are similar because in both genres, there is defiantly a lot of suspense. What's a good horror story without a little suspense? They are different because not all mysteries have to be bloody or scary. I would defiantly prefer to read a horror but I have no idea why because by the time I finish reading it I will have scared myself to death. I guess it is the suspense that intrigues me.

Article posted December 5, 2011 at 03:43 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

I chose to do Mrs. G’s blog. The favorite book that I’ve read this year is called Inheritance. I detest the character called Nasuada. I dislike her because she will follow orders even if it means death. I would change how she does follow orders, so she would be more willing to save comrades than follow her mission rules. I don’t think any of the characters represent real people. No, nothing about a particular character seems to relate to the authors true personality. Here is the writing prompt I chose to write about. “Think about the books you have read this year. Which one is your favorite? Is there a character you hate/detest/despise? Why? What traits could you change about the characters that would change how you think about them? Do you think that any of the characters represent real people? Does anything about a particular character seem to be related to the author's true personality--who the writer is? Respond to this blog by posting a blog of your own. A good response before 12/8/11 is worth 10 points. Be sure to proofread before posting.”

Article posted October 6, 2011 at 05:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 57

The Broncos was the worst football team this year it was the Detroit Lions last year but now it’s the Broncos. Broncos record was 1-3, Detroit’s record was 4-0. I think that if Tim Tebow would throw the ball I think we would win. Also were worst the Oakland Raiders=http:// and to get better we need a better defense great defense = super bowl.

I do club wrestling and it is my favorite sport. In club wrestling the season starts October 31th with Monster Match witch is the first national tournament of the season and ends May 25th with U.S.A it is the biggest tournament of the season. I have wrestled for 3 years this, year my recoded is 8-5 and I have won two tournament this year. The reason I started wrestling was because my brother wrestled he wrestled for 1st grade to college and stills wrestles for the Air force Academy.

Right now I am reading Among the Imposters. This book is about a boy he lives in a place where a family can only have two children. This is a very good book. It is a series of three. The series is, Among the Hidden, Among the Imposters, and Among the Betrayed. This series is authored by Margaret Peterson Haddix who is an amazing author. I love this series and I encourage you read it

Article posted December 3, 2011 at 03:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

Every year at Christmas my family has traditions. We do the usual of getting and giving presents to our family and friends. Operation Christmas child is a tradition we do, every time that Christmas rolls around we go out and buy presents for children in other countries who can not afford them and then we send them off in shoe boxes. One of my favorites is watching all the classic Christmas movies. During the time of preparing for this special holiday, we get to draw names for stockings and everyone gets a different person each year, it’s sort of like Secret Santa. Then, we shop for their stocking. On the night of Christmas we have little snacks for dinner that each of us make. Christmas Eve we open one present, and each year they just happen to be new pajamas. On Christmas morning we have fresh, hot, homemade cinnamon rolls that melt in your mouth. Next, we open presents. Finally, for dinner, our close family friends come to our house and we eat spiral ham. In all, this is one of my favorite holidays, and it’s the traditions that make it so special.

This Saturday I am having a Christmas party it will be awesome. I am also happy that Christmas is almost here. Then 6 days after Christmas is my birthday day. Then it get boring coming back to school.

Natalie in Mrs. G's class said on her 7 random facts page that she was not flexible. I am not flexible either. I once tried to do the splits but I oulled both of my muscles. My legs were sore for a few days.

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 05:10 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 56

I think I'm going to write about Christmas. I want to write about it because it's a joyful and fun holiday.

during Christmas you do get presents and that is probably what most people look forward to during Christmas. There is another thing to look forward to it is the giving away of the presents. I really enjoy giving presents to my family and seeing how happy it makes them and it makes me happy to know that I can make my family happy.

Article posted December 3, 2011 at 05:38 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 70

The topic I chose to write about is my Youth Symphony concert that I played at today. I loved playing and I think it was a great experience. There were many groups that played. They're just like band concerts, but they have stringed instruments. It was awesome watching other people perform and playing for them. This is why I cose to write about my concert.

After Panina fell in the hole and realized she was in some fantasy world she thought that maybe she was just hallucinating about this fantasy world. Eventually after she figured out she wasn't hallucinating she stood up and tried to keep her balance but it seemed like in this other world she was just not able to keep her balance. When she couldn't keep her balance she just decided that instead of trying to walk in this fantasy land that she should just crawl instead. After she decided to start crawling she said to herself that it would be a good idea to see if she could find anybody in this fantasy. When she was exploring this land she started to see tiny footprints on the ground so she decided to follow them and see where they led to. When she came to the end of the footprints there was a tiny house. She decide to knock on it. When she knocked on she heard a tiny voice say, "Hold on I'm coming". When the door was answered she saw a....

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 12:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

We all know about Black Friday, this is the Friday after Thanksgiving, which marks the start of the Christmas season. Some of us love it and others hate it. I don’t care for it, but that’s just my personal opinion. I don’t like it because I hate to go shopping for long periods of time, I hate to wait in long lines, and I hate getting up before the sun on my days off from school. Another thing that I hate about Black Friday is people’s actions. People pepper spray each other, shoot guns, and attack each other over “great deals.” For example I was watching the news on Friday and even they called it a “black and blue” Friday, which says it all. What made me even more disappointed was the fact that people were attacking a little kid over video games and toys. One guy was accused of shoplifting, but the truth was that he was just putting a video game in his waste band to prevent his child from getting attacked, by the other crazy shoppers. I just think Black Friday is so crazy. Christmas is the season for giving and spending time with family and friends. It’s a time of year that we should treat one another with kindness, not be mean and rude for a 50 inch flat screen television on sale for $200.00, for the first 30 shoppers in the store. What do you think?

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 10:28 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 59

Since it is during the holidays, my family set up our Christmas tree. My mom wanted to do a sock monkey tree along with that, so we have two trees. We have a normal tree and a four and a half foot tall tree. The smaller one is decorated with sock monkeys. It is an interesting tree. Sort of. Also, there are red and white ball ornaments on the tree. Anyway, my family has a weird tree.

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 12:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 88

It’s 1946 in London, England…

Mr. Henry was taking his evening stroll around six o’ clock. All of the sudden something had him by his neck. He tried calling for help, but all that came out were screeches. He couldn’t breathe! He made gurgling noises. Slowly his vision became black as he died. Just before he died, he saw a woman just starring at him, smiling.

“So tell me again how you found Mr. Henry,” said Captain Trip, the head of the police department.

“Well, I heard high pitched screams, so I went to see who was screaming. When I got to the scene, I saw Mr. Henry dead on the ground, but one of his shoes was missing. I also saw a man running away.” said Mrs. Clood.

Captain Trip asked, “What did he look like?”

“Well, he was about five and a half feet tall with blond hair. He had a tan jacket and brown pants. His shoes were black. I presume he was wearing a mask over his eyes to disguise himself.” said Mrs. Clood.

“We have heard of this man. He has killed many people. He might be choking his victims, so we call him the Choking Bandit. By the time we get to the murder scenes, the choking marks have faded. Only one detective can solve this case and that’s Edward Holmes, grandson of Sherlock Holmes!”

“Here we are, 22B Baker Street,” said Captain Trip. “I’ll go and see if he is available.”

Right before Captain Trip knocked on the door, it opened. Out came Edward Holmes. Edward had black hair with blue eyes. He was about six feet tall and was smoking his pipe, as usual.

“Ah, Trip, what can I do for you?” said Edward Holmes.

“Well, sir, Mrs. Clood has a story for you about a murder.” replied Captain Trip.

“Actually, I don’t have time for that now. Sorry, I have a meeting to get to.” said Holmes. “I’ll meet her at two o’clock tomorrow.”

“Yes, sir,” replied Captain Trip.

Trip arrived at the murder site to see Edward looking impatient.

“You are late.” He said.

“Sorry, there was a lot of traffic,” said Trip.

“It’s ten o’clock. You’re an hour late,” said Holmes. “Well, you see these marks on the ground?”

“Yes, sir,” replied Trip.

“It indicates that the bandit had a cane,” said Edward. “He hid it from Mrs. Clood’s view, so it would be harder to find him, or Mrs. Clood saw it, but didn’t report it. Let’s go and get something to eat and head to Mrs. Clood’s house.”

Edward and Trip were walking along the sidewalk. Neither of them were talking.

Then Edward said, “What did the missing shoe look like from Mr. Henry’s foot?”

Trip said, “It was brown and made of leather and was about the size of my shoe.”

“I think I found it,” said Holmes, and right behind the glass window of a shoe shop was the missing shoe.

Holmes and Trip went inside the shop, but nobody was there. They started to head out of the shop. Right before they went out, the shoemaker attacked them. Trip easily pinned him down.

The shoemaker yelled, “Please let me go!”

“Then tell us how you got that shoe over there.” said Trip.

“A Mrs. Clood came and paid me to make duplicates of it.”

Holmes and Trip rushed out of the shop to Mrs. Clood’s house.

When they got there, they found Mrs. Clood’s body on her kitchen floor.

Holmes said, “Interesting. The Choking Bandit make people do his dirty work and then kill them when they least expected it. Trip?”

Holmes heard a thud and a scream, and heard Trip shout “Got you!”

Holmes found Trip with the Choking Bandit in handcuffs.

“Let me go or I’ll kill you!” the bandit shouted angrily.

“Let’s see who’s behind the mask,” said Edward, taking off the bandit’s mask.

“Charles?” said Trip. “I thought you died years ago, and why are you the bandit?”

“I faked my death, brother. That’s right. Who would think to look for a dead man? Isn’t that clever? ” said Charles.

“You were a good man,” said Trip, “I’ll take him to court tomorrow, Edward. For now, Charles will stay in jail cell with no food, but he will get water.”

Holmes arrived at the court house.

Trip said, “He has been sent off to bet hung for his hideous crimes. This time we’ll see him dead and buried with our own eyes.”

Holmes said, “I conclude that Charles wanted Mrs. Clood to get duplicates of the shoe to fool us, so that we couldn’t find him. He didn’t want Mrs. Clood to tell anybody about him, so he killed Mrs. Clood, but you caught him when he was leaving. I think Charles just wanted revenge because he was bullied a lot in school. Is that right because you are his brother?”

“Yes, it is true,” said Trip, “I thought he died in a carriage accident.”

Just then, a police officer rushed in.

“Mr. Holmes. Someone just robbed the Royal Bank of England and he murdered two security guards. The robber took two-hundred bars of gold.” said the officer.

“Come on Trip, let’s go investigate,” Said Holmes.

Edward Holmes and Captain Trip left the court room to solve yet another mystery.

I can’t believe how fast this semester has gone. It is also incredible how much I learned. Although I did some work, I must give credit to my outstanding teachers. Whenever I have had a question they have always been there to answer it. Plus, my classes are not even close to boring. No matter what class it is, my teachers always have something fun planned besides just reading a textbook. This has really helped me grow as a student and a person. Once again, THANK YOU to all my teachers who have helped me through this semester.

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 12:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

"On His Deceased Wife"

Me thought I saw my late espousèd Saint

Brought to me like Alcestis from the grave,

Whom Joves great Son to her glad Husband gave,

Rescu'd from death by force though pale and faint.

Mine as whom washt from spot of child-bed taint,

Purification in the old Law did save,

And such, as yet once more I trust to have

Full sight of her in Heaven without restraint,

Came vested all in white, pure as her mind:

Her face was vail'd, yet to my fancied sight,

Love, sweetness, goodness, in her person shin'd

So clear, as in no face with more delight.

But O as to embrace me she enclin'd

I wak'd, she fled, and day brought back my night.

This a poem that my poet, John Milton wrote and I thought it was interesting because first of all he rhymes his poems and not many poets can rhyme their poems and so I thought that was fascinating. Another reason is because he is telling a story about someone dead and he makes it sounds like he wants that person in peace. The last reason is because I like how when he was a poet it was back in the 1600’s so all his words are ones they used at that time and I thought that was cool.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 05:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

I read Natalie's blog and she says that Santa Claus is real. I say there is no proof. Sure there are presents when you wake up on Christmas morning, but who says it was Santa? It could be some wierd dude who likes giving kids presents and getting free cookies. Comment what you believe.

Article posted December 4, 2011 at 01:09 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 64

So, as the title states, I will be writing about random stuff. Christmas is coming soon and everyone is already vomiting with anticipation. (Just kidding, that would be pretty weird) I’m sure most of you have plans for the holidays. I am heading up to Keystone for a ski vacation. I am also heading out to Kansas for a few days. Have any of you thought Santa was pretty freaky? I mean, he is glaring down at you while you are snoozing in bed, he has a ton of tiny pointed ear men with green hats making toys for him. Does he pay his elves, or does he just have them binded in a contract? Those are the questions you should think about at night. Well, stay warm, eat gingerbread mens’ heads off, and drink that good ol’ beverage that has nog in its name.

I love Ohio. It is such a beautiful place to live in. I lived in the middle of the forest pretty much. There was a semetary across the street from our super long drive way though.The winter was awsome becuase the snow flakes were huge.