Article posted May 13, 2012 at 05:12 AM GMT • comment • Reads 208

The most interesting part for me was learning more about Poseidon; about his life, where he was born, how he became god of the sea, etc. I found out that Poseidon was given the trident by his uncle, the original Cyclopes.

One of my favorite subjects in the world is Greek mythology, but other mythology does interest me, as well.

During the World History Fair there were approximately 10 tables with something about mythology. Most of them were Greek mythology, only one was Egyptian. I learned that the original Egyptian god of the dead was Osiris and his nephew took over. It was cool because I did not know much about Egyptian mythology and I liked learning about one of their gods.

Article posted May 13, 2012 at 04:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 37

My topic didn’t change, it stayed on Poseidon. I found out that how Poseidon became god of the sea among other things. My final project did not go so well because it was hard to figure out what to write and I waited until the last minute. It helped answer my question because when I did research who Poseidon was and how it affect the anceint Greeks. My presentation went extremely well, better than I expected. It went extrememly well because I was ready and the muesum display was ready and I was happy to show it.

Article posted May 12, 2012 at 12:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

I am not sure what you mean by what do I think about the format so far. I think the “big idea” of the story is about a garden where a whole bunch of people from different cultures go to and connect with the other people. I have liked all the characters because all of them have a different story to tell.

The activities I did in various classes I did were cool, there were two that I like a lot. The two that I liked were making the virtual quilt and planting a marigold. They were my favorites because I got to experience what it would be like to be a gardener and got to find picture on the internet to make the quilt.

I am excited that school is almost over because summer is close which means my birthday! One gift that I get is season passes to Elitches, which is awesome because of the roller coasters and the water park. Other plans for the summer are going to M Lazy C Ranch with my grandparents. M Lazy C Ranch is a fun ranch that has a shooting range that my Papa brings me up to, he lets me shoot a rifle. During the summer my grandparents take me up to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science to see all the cool exhibits. Plus I get to hang out with my mom and my aunt.

Dissecting the chicken wing was awesome. We dissected a chicken wing because we were learning about the human muscular system. The chicken wings were an example of dissecting a human muscle. I think it was worthwhile because it was a pretty cool experience and we are not allowed to dissect people! I did not learn anything because I had already learned about the muscular system in fifth grade. Dissecting the chicken wing was ok, but the frog was better.

I ‘m excited

Not angry

Not overly excited

Not the most excited since the first time when I found out we were going to Disney World

Excited that my birthday is coming up

Excited that I will be in 8th grade soon

Excited that my family gets season passes to Elitches

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 01:33 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

I did not see the movie because I was not in class that day. I did watch the videos. I was surprised by seeing that very few African American kids could go to school. I would have tried to help the kids by standing up for them. I think I would have had the courage to continue on. I think it isn’t fair that they can’t go to the same school as whites just because of the color of their skin. Just because of the color of their skin doesn’t mean they are different from us. Some things haven’t changed while other things have. One day at school a kid called my friend a Nazi just because she is from Germany. Things have changed because it is now illegal to discriminate in the US. Discrimination still happens in the world there are some days where kids at school make fun of other kids just because the color of their skin. I was shocked to see how bad discrimination was back then, I am worried that it still is going on today.

"Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend." Martin Luther King, Jr.

What I think the meaning of the quote is even your enemies can become friends all you have to do is try hard enough to make it work.

How I can use this in my life is by making friends with enemies.

“It is not the points that win it is the teamwork” anonymous

I still remember that from when I was 5, an old teacher told me that.

Playing basketball

Game starts off good 1-5

2nd quarter 10-10

Tie still good

End of 1st half 15-10

That’s fine

3rd quarter 15-15

Tie good

End of 2nd half 40-20

We still won not by points but by teamwork