Watching the movie, I was shocked to see just how big of a deal it was for African Americans to simply get into school. To help, I would have talked to the people who were against the desegregation of schools, and try to convince them that it was okay. If I were one of the Little Rock 9, continuing to go to school would be hard, but I know I would still push on because school would lead to a better future. Luckily, things have changed since then and it has become common for African Americans to go to a school. And although some people may still be racist, they can’t do much to change Americas mind about desegregation now. Currently, there are people who are against gays and lesbians, people from different religions, and more. Hopefully, in the future, we can put these discriminations behind us, and look at each other as equals.

That movie was really sad because the black people getting beat up from other people and I thought to myself. That I would not be able to live with myself if I treated people like that. I would have been nice to those kids not be mean.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 09:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

After we watched the movie, Little Rock Nine, I was shocked to see mobs creating riots and threatening the black people. If I were in that situation, then I would diffidently help them by being kind to them even though I can't really do much. If I were one of those kids, I think that I would have tried to continue with the high school so I could go into a good college. Things have change a lot comparing today from back then. Today, everyone is equal no matter what race they are or what they believe.

Article posted March 19, 2012 at 03:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

The movie we watched was a wakeup call of how much we judge people, personalities, ect. I don’t know if I could do what Ernest Green did I would not go through all that and go to the other school. If the person was alone I would fight back but it would probably get me in more trouble. I think we as the U.S. have done better with the decimation of color but is doing worse with other things, like fat people. The movie was a great reminder that if you think you’re having a hard time, think about The Little Rock Nine!!

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 12:35 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

I kind of have a sickened feeling about the videos because you realize that their is racism

in the world and not long ago blacks were not treated as they should have been. I don't think I would have the courage to be one of the little rock nine and probably would have given up. Things have changed a lot today because African Americans go to our school and are respected as equals. However some things like discrimination about sex, skin and clothing still goes on.

My reaction to the movie was a bit angry. They had to call in the ARMY just to get 9 kids to school!

It's crazy! I would have, if I went with the Little Rock Nine, stayed in school as long as possible to prove many Americans wrong.  I (probrobly)  would have had the courage to continue through high school as one of the Little Rock Nine. Today, discrimination has changed, as all of America is equal, but, there is still discrimination. Not necessarilly by color, but, by religion, ethnicity, etc.

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 04:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

The Ernest Green Story was really sad and I felt bad for those 9 kids who where bullied a lot. I would have told a teacher that will listen to you and help out. I think I would have courage, but if the kids go too far with the bullying I think I would get out of that school. I think the world has change; some people are still really racist to other people. But, some of them were just raised like that.

I understand that times were different back then, but I don't believe it was right for black people to be treated different than white people.  Having to go to school with Army troops walking you to class, so that you can be safe is unbelievable.  I am glad that the Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional to have segregation in schools.  Ernest Green paved the road for others.  He was confident with his decision to go ahead and go to school.  He wanted a better education and he said he was going to get one.  Ernest Green was the only senior in the Little Rock Nine and that is why he was the first black person to graduate from Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas.  I think that is the coolest part about him, that made him historical.  I don't know what I would do if I couldn't join any clubs like he couldn't.  He played the saxophone and was not able to play in the band because he was black.  I don't believe people should be judged by the color of their skin, they should be judged by the way they act, talk, etc.  I think that if I was in Ernest Green's position I would have done the same thing and stood my ground to make a difference for future generations.  I don't think I could have gone on without fighting back.  Today discrimination still goes on.  I think it is wrong because not all people are at fault  for being who they are race wise. Every one is different in their own way and race should not be an issue.   Today our society looks at all middle eastern people as being a threat to us because of 911, but not all middle eastern people are out to get us. Just because one bad person does something bad, that doesn't mean that all people in that race are going to do something bad.

Article posted March 21, 2012 at 12:16 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

After I saw this movie I was really shocked. I was disappointed that all those people stood in the crowd and did what everybody else was doing. The students didn't even think for a second hey what if I was Ernest Green. No, all the students did was make everything worse. There were some people in the movie that stood up for Ernest Green and his friends, I was really proud of those people. I don't think I could have done what Ernest Green and his friends did, I am a very sensative person, so taking all those comments would probably bring me down. Today things have changed very much. Everybody excepts eachother no matter what race. Some people still discriminate certain people like who's wearing the latest trends or who's the smartest, but we can work on that.

Though I wasn't here the Friday we watched the movie, I think that the way these people were treated is awful. From the huge mobs to the tiny little comments that were said. I would for sure of fought back. Having to call the ARMY to get just nine kids to school, that's horrible. I wouldn't take the trouble. Things have changed a lot since then and I'm glad of that because it just hurts to hear about and watch what went on in those peoples' lives.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 02:38 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

I thought that the movie exposed me to some new information. I knew that there was extreme racism around in the past, but I didn't realize that it was that bad. I think I might do what the Little Rock Nine did for two reasons. One, I would probably be angry about all this discrimination going on and want to retaliate. Two, I would want to be the first black kid to make it in a white school. The will to be the first one to graduate might make me continue. Since then, black people have just about been completely integrated into society. Black people are allowed to do everything white people can and share the same rights, but some racism still exists. I don't know of any specific discrimination going on now.

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 12:50 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

First of all, what those nine students did was amazing. I guarantee that I would not have been able to walk into a new school where everyone hated me by default. I believe that it was a big step toward the end of racism. However, there is still a long way to go. Although it's signficantly less obvious, racism still goes on throughout the United States and the world. Nevertheless, their accomplishments were highly influential.

When we watched the Ernest Green Story, it did make me kind of mad, but it made me think that it was really unfair because they are people just like whites and they also have the ability to succeed, again using Ben Carson as an example, and I felt really bad for them. I would have had the courage to continue on because I know how important it is to study and I would have tried my best to not notice anything else. Things have definitely changed because we think of Blacks just as others and they are not disrespected. There is still discrimination because there is still racism and people are judged by how they look and what they do. For example, when I was younger, my karate instructor paired me up with one kid every time because he was a little silly. My instructor knew I could take care of him like a little brother. One day, my instructor told us to find a partner that was just as "good looking" as us, so I went up to the kid to be partners, but he said he could not be with me because I was much darker than him. Of course I was somewhat offended, but I was pretty okay with it. For the next few weeks, I did not see the kid for a while, and finally about two weeks later, he came back and was friendly with me again. After the class, he asked me if he could talk to me, and so we went to the side of the room, and I remember exactly what he said. He said, "I am really sorry of what I said to you two weeks ago. I didn't realize how rude it was and how much it could have hurt your feelings." I was really surprised because I almost forgot that incident, and I told him it was fine, and we were good. When we went back to our parents, his dad told me and my mom that the reason he hadn't come to karate for so long was because after he realized how rude his words were, he couldn't stop crying. He thought he couldn't see me again because I would be mad at him. I thought that was really sweet even though we were like eight, and I always remember that, and I just wish that everyone would realize how rude our words could be and how much it could upset someone. Hopefully everyone will have the heart to not judge people by their color or anything else!

My reaction to the story was anger. It was anger towards the high schools students and teachers. Everyone was being completely unfair and ridiculously judgemental. I would have tried to be friends with them and not care what everyone else thought I would stick up for them and try to help rather than leave them hanging by a thread. I would try my best to carry on with the fight and not back down. I would see my future from going there and compare it to the future I had at the other school and see how much better it would be. I thought that all of those kids were brave. For all of them to be able to stand all the rude things that were said and all those parents and students yelling at them in such an inappropriate way and they could put all of that to the side (for temporary moments) just amazed me. It also showed me that everything can be possible but it's never easy. In the south it is still the same mostly. There hasn't been a whole lot of change but there has been. It amazes me that after all these years we still discriminate people just because of their race or religion even the way they dress. It is wrong but I don't think it will ever stop in this world.

Learning about Ernest Green and his impact on the world was very interesting, and inspiring. If I was in Ernest's shoes, or any other of the Little Rock Nine's shoes, I would have given up, or would have gone back to my old school. Being beat up and having food thrown on you is very tough, and I admire Ernest, and the other kids for staying strong and fighting through the pain. Today discrimination is a lot better, but we still have it. Discrimination doesn't only happen from what color your skin is, but it can come from age, how much money you have, and how you look. We have come a long way in the world, and hopefully someday we will get rid of discrimination completely!

My thoughts on the Little Rock Nine are Wow they are really brave, I dont think I could ever do what they did.The Little Rock Nine stood up for what they beleive in and fought for whats right.Even when they were rejected, abused, and made fun of,but they still graduated.The nine kids got beat up, thrown down stairs, jumped by the others just for there skin color. I think that is one the wurst things you can do, make fun of someone for who they are how they were born or raised. I also do get why the other kids made fun of the nine they would'nt have the courage to do what they did.

Article posted March 22, 2012 at 01:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

When I watched The Ernest Green Story I could not believe people lived in that kind of world I guess I can say. I wouldn’t have been able to do what Ernest did and stand up and fight back. I do not think discrimination is right I find it pointless. We are all people and we all deserve to have equal rights. Things have changed a lot since back then. It doesn’t matter where blacks or whites sit. Everyone is allowed to vote. There are no “whites” and “blacks” drinking fountains. Yes people do still discriminate, but we cannot change who people are.

Article posted March 17, 2012 at 03:43 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

I am kind of sad because of that movie. Although, at the end they graduated, which made me happier. I think they did the right decision and progressed through till the end. I would have had the courage to fight back because, like them I would have been tire of being discriminated and I would want things to change. If you believe n something and follow it till the end you will active something great. I somewhat think things have changed because in certain parts of the country people still discriminate against black people, even though they have no reason to. You don't judge someone by his or her appearance; you judge them by their character.

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 01:33 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

I did not see the movie because I was not in class that day. I did watch the videos. I was surprised by seeing that very few African American kids could go to school. I would have tried to help the kids by standing up for them. I think I would have had the courage to continue on. I think it isn’t fair that they can’t go to the same school as whites just because of the color of their skin. Just because of the color of their skin doesn’t mean they are different from us. Some things haven’t changed while other things have. One day at school a kid called my friend a Nazi just because she is from Germany. Things have changed because it is now illegal to discriminate in the US. Discrimination still happens in the world there are some days where kids at school make fun of other kids just because the color of their skin. I was shocked to see how bad discrimination was back then, I am worried that it still is going on today.

I thought the movie was inspiring and appalling that all those people were so racist and horrible to just 9 black high school students. I think those kids were very brave and especially at the end when Ernest was being threatened to be shot. I don’t think I would have had the courage to go up there with the thought that someone might shoot me. And probably around the 5th time someone insulted me, I would have smacked them right in the face because I don’t have good self-control. I think it’s awesome that they were so strong, and their religious teacher and school teacher and parents supported them so much. They displayed wonderful self-control and tried to bring peace instead of war. I’m not sure if things have changed or not. I still have heard of some racist people today, but it’s not nearly as severe as it was in the movie; although I know for a fact that people are still being put down today, not just colored people. I definitely know people are put down for their religion, sometimes I am, and for how they dress, or look, or what they believe. That’s not right, you can’t help how you look, that’s just the way you dress, and that’s just what they believe. It’s not our place to judge, and I know that I’m sounding like a hypocrite, because I confess sometimes I judge people too, but it’s something we all should follow.

Learning about Ernest Green and his impact on the world was very interesting, and inspiring. If I was in Ernest's shoes, I would have beaten the crud out off the guys teasing me. Being in the conditions there were in would make it very tough not to fight back. I admire Ernest, and the for staying strong and fighting through the pain. The discrimination is today’s world is a lot better, but we still have it. We have come a fair way in the world, and hopefully someday we will get rid of discrimination completely! (what a lovely place the world would be then)

I thought the movie was really sad.I feel that it is very wrong to treat people by their skin color.I would have probably chickened out and started crying like a little baby.Thankfully things have changed and dark people have the same amount of rights as we do.Some people are still like the people in the movie but we can't do anything about it, it is just how they are raised and their mindset.

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 01:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

I was scared and worried about Ernest Green because of the way the people in school treated him. In my opinion, I would not have the courage that Ernest had but I would be like the the other ones and leave the school. I thought that it was a great movie. Recently I watched "The Help" and I was comparing The Ernest Green Story and also was watching the actions the white people did to the black people. So I guess that is my opinion on the movie. Indeed this was a good movie.

I definitely admire The Little Rock Nine. I cannot believe that they had the courage to stand up to the people that hated them, and make a difference in the way that people thought of them, and how they thought about themselves. I do not think that I would have had the courage to do what they did. I do think that there is racism in the world still, but things are looking up. I believe that people who are really different are discriminated today. The way people look or talk seems to create a thought about that person in people’s heads before they even meet that person. Even people with disabilities are discriminated, which is really sad. People  who are different should learn to love their uniqueness, and other people should tolerate them.

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 04:29 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

I feel like if that happened to me then I would wonder why they did not like me and what I did wrong. I think that I would not continue to go to the school if everyone felt that why about me. I do not think I would be emotionally ready to go out and do that. A lot has changed since then because all black people are accepted. I think these things because I am a very emotional person so everyone hating me would be hard for me to handle. This is why I think this thing. I feel like if that happened to me then I would wonder why they did not like me and what I did wrong. I think that I would not continue to go to the school if everyone felt that why about me. I do not think I would be emotionally ready to go out and do that. A lot has changed since then because all black people are accepted. I think these things because I am a very emotional person so everyone hating me would be hard for me to handle. This is why I think this thing.

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 02:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

After watching this movie I felt proud that some kids had the courage to do this. I would not have had the courage, I would have stayed home or away. After seeing what some of the kids did to the nine, I defiantly would not have gone there anymore. There is a lot of "segregation" type thing going on today. We sometimes use race or looks. People with glasses or disabilities like handicapped people. If someone had glasses they might be called four-eyes.

Article posted March 19, 2012 at 02:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 57

I thought that Ernest Greene had so much perseverance, determination, and courage. Not many people would have been able to do what he did. He went through all that discrimination and taunting just because of his skin color. My first reaction to the movie was that it was totally unfair to the black people of America. The whites looked at the blacks like they were animals. Especially when Ernest accidentally bumped into that blonde girl, the girl started to act like a rodent touched her. She burned her clothes=http:// It was just wrong. I would not have been able to endure that cruelty. I would have left the first day and never came back to Little Rock in my life. Outcasting and bullying others just because of their skin color is just plain mean and nasty. But now days it is different, but some people still outcast people because of their skin color. I hope that one day everyone will realize that we are all made equal and should be treated equally, too. But other types of outcasting is going on too. People leave people out because of what they wear or how they look. I think this is just as bad as leaving people out because of their skin color. I just hope that one day will come that nobody would be left out because of dumb reasons.

Ernest Green is a great person and role model. He inspired me to stand up for myself and he also made my emotions go back and forth. While watching that movie I learned a lot of new things. At first, my reaction was happy that Ernest and his friends got into a new school, but then it turned to sadness because him and his friends were being mistreated and did not like their lives. Towards the end I felt very happy and excited for Ernest because he got the grade he wanted on the big test and graduated! If I was in that situation I would leave and go back to my old school because I would not be able to handle any of that. Ernest is a person with so much courage that I could not of continued like him. If I continued my journey I would probably be dead because I do not like to fight and I would get hurt very easily. I wish I had the courage that Ernest Green had at that time. Some things have changed, but in other places of the world it is probably still going on. I wish that all of this would stop and everyone would just move on with their lives.

Article posted March 19, 2012 at 03:10 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

The movie that we watched was a sad and cruel thing to happen at a school. I would be so angry at people if I was in the middle of seeing all of the mean things that the people said and did to the Little Rock Nine. I don't think that that was even close to being fair for them. It would probably take me a long time to figure out the steps that I would have to take to resolve a problem like that. If I had the choice to stay home instead of being yelled at and teased, I would honestly just stay home. I wouldn't be as brave as them in that situation. The Reason I don't think that that was fair for the Little Rock Nine was because they deserved the right to get a very good education and the ability to go to college just as much as any of the other white students. In the world that we live in today, most things have changed, but some things haven't. We've had our first black president (Barack Obama), so that's definitely a change from the past. But one thing that hasn't exactly changed is racism. There are still people today who are racist. Although some things haven’t yet changed, they have to sometime.

After seeing the The Ernest Green Story and video clip of Minnie Jean Brown, I think that if you put your mind to something you can accomplish it if you try hard enough. The reason I say this is because every one of the Little Rock Nine, except for one, graduated from Central High School even though they were bullied, picked on and threatened in and outside of school. Each day was a struggle for each one of the Little Rock Nine because of the hatred and violence they had to deal with. If I were in their position, I would have done what they did and tried my hardest to graduate from Central High. One difference is I think I would have fought back because of the constant bullying upon The Little Rock Nine. I would have gotten fed up with it and fought back. Things have changed. Now, anybody can go to the school of their choice unless you have to apply and get accepted into the school. I hear about different kinds of discrimination in the news but I don't see it in my everyday life. I think that the suffering that the Little Rock Nine went through was very brave and courageous of them. I am grateful to the students that had to go through that because what they did helped form a better and more perfect nation.

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 02:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

I think that this story is absolutely amazing because the 9 African American students that were brave enought to go to the school marked a day in history. They were later known as the little rock nine. My reaction to the movie was that I was appalled by the way that the white people acted towards the 9. They did everything they could to get rid of them but the 9 were brave and stayed. I think honestly I would have fought back because I can't stand when people are so rude like that. I think that the 9 are all admirable because they stood for something and that basically started a chain reaction. Even though one of the nine left part of the way through I still think they all deserve to be recogninzed of being a part of something that changed the world and how we view other people. I also think that Ernest Green is very amazing being the first African American student to graduate from Central High; an all white school. I also admire Ernest Green because he was committed the whole way through even though he wanted to give up sometimes. Today people are more "color blind" and aren't as racist. People learn to be racist usually from their parents because their parents say what is right and what is wrong and what they say we do because they trust us and love us. When we are young we rely soley on our parents to tell us what to like and what not to like so we trust and reluy on them for every single thing. People fight for so much and are determined and when they think they are going to do something they stick to it and they stay with it while others just give up. Mr.Green inspired many other African Americans to follow their dreams in getting a good education. I think that he also sort of inspires me because he kept to what he was doing and stayed strong during the whole ordeal so I admire him for his bravery and strength both physically and mentally.

Ernest Greene

OMG!!! I loved that movie!!! It was so great!!! I felt really bad for the students that were part of The Little Rock Nine because everyone excluded them except for a few students. The one thing I don’t get is why people need to be cruel to people who are not exactly the same as you. I mean, everyone was human I don’t see why we need to judge people on the color of their skin. Here is one example I used when I told my family about this movie… “It’s like Sadow and `Noflake (my dogs) they are the same species and they are exactly the same kind (miniature schnauzer) but `Noflake is white and Sadow is black but they get along just fine.” I wish our world would be like that. If I were stuck in a situation where I either had to follow the crowd because it’s easier or stand up for what I believe in even if it isn’t popular I would stand up for what I believe in. I’m unique I do things others wouldn’t have the courage to do. I can and will argue for what is right. Like for example when we have nachos at lunch and we will argue if it is real cheese or not, two of us will think it’s real and two of us will think it’s plastic. I will stand up for what I believe in. I think our world would be on its way to a better place if people weren’t so racist. One reason I think this is because there might be someone who owns a store or something like that, and there might be someone who is colored. Let’s pretend the person who owns the store isn’t colored, but the person applying for a job at that store is colored. The applicant went to an interview did really well and was going to get the job but the only problem is, is that the person who owns the store is racist and doesn’t hire colored people. I don’t know, maybe our economy would have more jobs or something like that I’m not sure. No matter how mad the Little Rock Nine got I would still encourage them to not fight back and to keep going because once they got out of the school they would be over with it. They would never have to turn back. I would advise them to not listen to what the other students told them unless it was something nice, to not pay attention to what everyone else is doing to offend you. They would have gotten through the school much better if they could do that but I’m sure it takes lots of patience and self control to do that. Also it is probably very difficult to do that. One more thing I need to know. I cried in the movie did anyone else?!

I thought the movie was interesting to see from their eyes what happened. I just like most people knew that stuff happened and that it was pretty bad, but I had not ever seen a movie presentation of what happened from their perspective. In their position, I think I would have done pretty much the same thing as them. I don’t know what I would have done differently. I think I would have gone either way for the courage to go on and not fight. I wouldn’t have wanted to be at that school alone but with others I think I probably could have had that courage. I think things have changed a little bit because of the fact that we are not as segregated as we once were but there is still segregation in similar and different ways. We don't really segregate againt other races as much but we still segregate people who don't like certain things, or look bad, or go about things differently.

Article posted March 15, 2012 at 03:16 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

The movie we watched on Friday was powerful, although the whole time it didn't bother me because I knew that it was meant to happen. It was definitely not a mistake. If I were in that situation, I may have not been able to do it, but I would have pushed for it and made sure to pack some band-aids. To me it was amazing the people who were friends with them and what there parents would have thought. I liked the way they reacted and were care free. If the situation was bad like that I cannot imagine why anyone would care because there skin was different. Especially the parents, that was bad. The nerve they must have had. I think for me it would have been harder to be mean to them than be the one being picked on.

The world has changed in some ways as to the point is isn't as bad, but we still have that problem. If every kid would to ask themselves if they have ever been discriminated, I'm sure everyone has discriminated. But, even if they only did it once that is a lot when you add it all together. People really don't understand the difference a simple word does, even if it is sarcasm. The gossip now days is horrible. It is so bad, everyone spends so much time shopping for clothes and worrying about how they look too much. If people didn't discriminate we would have a much better world. You would be able to walk out the door and not even notice your shirt had a big stain and know that people didn't care. But not only that, also how smart you are or how popular. I haven't been accused of not being popular, but I know people who are. I walk through the halls and here names all over. Most times it comes from popular kids who think one girl is ugly or getting in their business.

Finally, texting. This is where it really is now. My mom always says, "don't text something you wouldn't tell to someone in person." People think they can get away with awful language and rude comments. It isn't right. Well, I could go on and on about the discrimination that goes on in this world. I choose to close by saying, the world could be better, it all starts with us. I encourage you to really commit yourself to Rachel's challenge and you'll find yourself "popular" for real.

Article posted March 15, 2012 at 04:49 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

I was really moved by the Ernest Green movie. I almost cried at a few parts because of the amount of hate going on. I think I would be able to stand up for myself a few times, but eventually, I would be dragged down. The Little Rock Nine were extremely brave and I thing we can all learn from them. If you believe in something, pursue it, no matter what the cost. I think in some ways, people still do discriminate black people. But, for the most part, I think most of the discrimination happens with things like people thinking people look weird, or people thinking that other kids aren't normal. I think everyone needs to become tolerant of each other.

Article posted March 15, 2012 at 01:29 AM GMT • comment • Reads 78

My reaction to The Ernest Green Story was fury and hate towards the people that were cruel towards them and pity towards the nine kids who suffered through all that. If I were them, I would've probably never even considered switching to the white school. I would have rather stayed at the not-so-good school for blacks than risked my life for a good education. I would have never in my entire life had enough courage to even attend the first day of school. All I would've be thinking about is the angry mobs outside the school and whether or not I would survive the day without any harm. I think that I would have rather never received an education than to go put my life on the line. I am very afraid of any kind of pain. That is mostly why I am afraid of heights, because I every time I look over any kind of high distance, all I can imagine is falling and getting severely injured. I am also afraid of falling, because the feeling is terrifying. If I were to go to Central, I would be very afraid of getting beaten up or hurt emotionally or physically. Things have mostly changed, because now there are pretty much no schools that are all-white and there is so much different ethnicity, including blacks. I think that is wonderful that they are apart of that now. Of course, there is still racism, and that may never completely fade. Slavery is now illegal and blacks have the same rights as us, though many people are furious about this, and it is still going on in the United States and basically every other country in the world. You pretty much get the idea that slavery is everywhere and you should be very cautious... I think that I will always be impacted by the fact that people with different colored skin are sometimes treated differently. They are human beings, just like us, and they could all band together and revolt against us. Some blacks and other colors will never forgive "us whites" for what we did, and to be honest, I am not proud at all of our ancestors and I don't know if I'll ever forgive them myself for all the torture and abuse the Little Rock Nine went through. I am glad they got to have some hope in their lives, because some blacks sure needed some then.

The Ernest Green Story was a very good movie. I enjoyed it a lot! My reaction to the movie was strong. I was very upset by the fact that the white students treated the black students differently. I honestly don’t know what I would've done. I probably would have stood up for the black students and said something about them being bullied. I don’t think I would’ve had the courage to not have said anything. I would’ve fought back despite the consequences. I thought that Ernest was very strong and confident to "turn the other cheek" like his family members would tell him. Since then the racism has changed a lot. It’s not as strong but there are still people in the world that discriminate. There is discrimination everyday around the world weather it’s against blacks, whites, Mexicans, Asians, etc.

I was suprised that people treated black people so badly back then. Nowadays people aren't treated as bad and you see them mostly hanging around white people without a problem. I wouldn't have been able to stay as long as the rest of The Little Rock Nine did and I think I would have left the first day and not have gone back because I would not have been able to deal with so many people acting so rudely to me. Things have changed because people now are okay with being around other people who are a different race.

When we watched The Ernest Green Story I could not believe what happed to those poeple.I have aalways belived that all people are equal. It doesn't matter what your skin color is. I wish all those people back then could have realized that a lot sooner. I could not have stood there and take all of those beatings without fighting back a little. I really admire what the Little Rock Nine did. There are no cases of desrimination theat I know of today.

My reaction to the story was an angry reaction. They are being discriminated just because of their race but on the inside they were just like the rest of the other students. I would have not gone to that school if people would do that to me. I definetly would not have had the courage to go back to that school after what they have done. Espesially not to fight back. In the present, things have changed a lot. Mostly everybody these days accepts who they are and who others are, not depending on their race. Two examples of discrimination going on today is usually people who are not very skinny and people that are special ed. People always makes fun of them but in reality they didn't ask to be like that. That's just who they are and we need to learn how to accept that.

Article posted March 21, 2012 at 12:33 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

When we watched The Earnest Green Story it made me really sad to see good people get hurt. I would have been one of the few people to stick up for them because that is just the right thing to do and I know that. I think that most discrimination today has been eliminated but we are not perfect, so of course there are a couple instences where discrimination rules, but in some places there is no trace of this. Personally I cant imagine anyone wanting to hurt anyone like this but unfortunataly this has happened. I just hope that this never happens as severe as before.

When I saw the story of Ernest Green, I was surprised. If I were him I wouldn't have had the courage to keep on going to that school or watch my friends be constantly harrassed. Luckily, things have changed from back then. Now all races are allowed in any school. But there still is some racism left in the world. Some people dislike people for their color or just racial stereotypes. But at least it has changed still.

My reaction to the movie was anger and I was sad. I thought it was so wrong that whites could look at colored people and think that they r so bad just because they r different. And sad that blacks were treated so bad and hit and made fun of. If I was a white person back then I would be friends with them and if someone would say something bad about them I would stick up for them. If I was a black I would defiantly fight back no matter what happens. I am glad that things have changed because I wouldn’t know what the world would be like if we didn’t have rippers or Obama. there is other discrimination going on in the world like people that where black they are considered Goth or people that don’t have a large verity of cloths there concerned poor. The first video has the actual students talking about what happened.

My reaction to the movie was that it was very sad but moving. It was sad in the sense that the kids got bullied but moving because of the courage they had to go to Central High School. I would have chosen to to go to Central because I would want a better education for myself. I would not have the courage to continue because I would feel unsafe and scared at all times. I thought that the movie was very great because of the truth about what happened. I think things have changed a lot but we still have problems with discrimination. There are instances where people are discriminated based on the clothes they were or how their hair looks, discrimination doesn’t just come from your skin color.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 04:38 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

I think the movie was really good but I think the way those people treated was really bad because they were abused. I would have been like that person who helped the one black girl who went to school alone because she missed the call. I would probably not have the courage to keep on going I would get in a really big fight if I was treated like that. Actually things have changed quite a bit since then because there isn’t as much discrimination going on but there are some people out there that are still raciest and some people don’t like people’s religion.

If I was one of The Little Rock Nine well I probably wouldn’t be one because I would be to scared to go to an all white school. But in the case that I was I would not have to ability to remain nonviolent because that is just my personality. Whenever people hit me or kick me I would definitely be fighting back because I have no tolerance for people who don’t treat me as equally as them. Some things have changed and some haven’t and that’s just how it goes. One thing that has changed is the public is more accepting to African-Americans and other races other than Caucasians. Going along with that some people (any race) are still very racist and even companies are still racist today. An example of discrimination is some people didn’t want to vote for our current president, Obama, and even when he was elected some people tried to make excuses to make him resign of his duties. Such as saying he wasn’t even an American citizen. We can’t help that though there will always be atleast one person that is still racist it’s simply human nature.

Article posted March 20, 2012 at 02:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

My reaction to the movie is I think back then the southern people were racist against the blacks. I would have been one of the ones that didn't care what color they were. No I wouldn't be able to take it I would brake down from the frustration. I think the nine high schooler's had a lot of guts to go to that school. I wouldn't be able to do it because with all the bullying I would have to fight back. The world has changed because know about everyone isn't racist against blacks now a days. One instance of discrimination is how we hate the taliban because they destroyed the twin tower.

I thought that this story was really inspiring because if I was in that situation then

I would leave in a flash. Ernest taught me how to be brave and stand up for yourself and your friends. If I was in that situation I would not be as brave and return to my old school. I would not have the courage to fight back because the whites would just bully me more. Things have changed because blacks are invited to schools and other activities. They can also vote and participate in the government. I thought the movie was really good and thought me a lot.

I think that Ernest Green is very brave. If I were in his position, I would have called it quits long before Ernest graduated. The reason that I would have quit was because I would not me able to hold myself together under that kind of presure. To give you an idea of what he whent through to graduate, re-watch the movie, and watch closely to how he reacts to the actions and comments of the other white people around him. He was brave because he stood up, and pulled himself through these times. I look up to him because he did not give up thoughout what he was going though. That is why I respect Ernest Green.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 03:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

I thought the way Little Rock Nine got treated was horrible. The other kids made fun of and teased them. I don't know if I would have had the courage to do what Earnest Green did. He pushed through and never gave up. He was very brave and strong to overcome the challenges that lay before him. I admire Earnest for doing what is right and trying to fight for an education even though he understood what he would endure. Sometimes I wonder if racists put themselves in other people's shoes. I mean, it's not their fault that they look the way they are! They can't choose who they are or what they look like. People shouldn't be ashamed of who they are and if people are going to discriminate then that's their problem. No one should have to endure what Earnest Green went through, they should be able to be happy with who they are.

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 01:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

I can absolutely say, that The Ernest Green Story was the saddest movie I had ever seen. I would honestly have fought back and stood up for my friends and family. I think that picking on people that are different is not right and should have never been allowed and honestly people who are still like that in the world as we know it today can seriously find something better to do or should be arrested. Over the years, things have changed because people that are not the same race as most people now have equal rights which is great. However, there is still a lot of racism being spread out through the world and that is a fact. There is still some discrimination occurring in the present because of the KKK and all other school bullies.

I thought that trying to keep the coloreds out of white schools was cruel. No one deserves that treatment. Also just because of someone’s color doesn’t mean that they should not get the same things. Truthfully I would like to thing that I would be able to have courage to continue on but, I don’t think I would have been able to do what Ernest and others did. I think that there should not be discrimination but there still is today. Some instances could be picking for a job or playing a game, picking a team mate. I think that everyone deserves the same treatment not matter what race.

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 03:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

This blog was difficult for me because I wasn't in class due to T.C.A.P makeups. In addition, I couldn't get the videos to load. After doing research, I discovered that it was really hard to be Africian American during this time. I would like to think if I was alive during that time, I would stick up for myself if someone was excluding me. However, the discrimination was too strong, so I probably wouldn't have. The reason why was because there were no laws to protect African Americans. Times have changed but there is still a lot of discrimination that takes place in today's world. Laws now protect people against discrimination but it still happens at work and school. Racism is a type of discrimination that occurs everywhere. Racist jokes are an example of discrimination that can go to far and hurt others feelings. Whether, its discriminating someone because of their age, gender, physical disability, race, color, religion, ethnic background, or hair color it is all wrong and we need to stand up and fight.

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 01:21 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

The Ernest Green Story is an amazing and inspiring story about courage and sacrifice. I think I wouldn’t have been able to do what The Little Rock Nine did and I couldn’t have remained at peace. It must have taken a lot of determination to enter, stay, and graduate from a school that doesn’t want your race. The Little Rock Nine were harassed and tormented, beaten and made fun of. Even the National Guard stopped them from entering the school. Things have changed these days because institutions are legally barred from segregation. There is a lot of discrimination around the world based on gender, religion, race, etc.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 02:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

Watching the Ernest Green story made me realize how hard it was for African-Americans to be in white schools. It made me upset that people would be so cruel to someone they won’t even try to get to know. I wouldn’t have been able to do what they did, but they kept persevering through their hard times. The kids at Little Rock Nine made a great deal of change for today’s world through a lot courage when times couldn’t seem to get worst.

I think that there are many things that the children do in Ernest Green that I could never do myself. Going to the school in the first place would be one of them. Another would be not acting violantly towards the acts of intolerance. My overall reaction to this movie was something like this: "Wow. How could the world have been so different only a few years ago?!" One of the reasons for this reaction is that I think this society has improved enourmously in the subject of intolerence. You see some, if any, behavior like that, but never as much as in the movie. With that said, we still have to deal with such behavior everywhere. For example, there are still highly racist people all of over the world, and not only against Negros. Why do you think soccer players still hoist "Stop Racism" banners before games?  Food for thought.

Article posted May 5, 2012 at 02:42 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

My reaction after watching The Ernest Green Story was: how in the world would people have the guts and the hatred to treat another human that way? If I had been at school and saw someone being that mean to another I would ask what and why they were doing what they were doing. I probably would not have the courage to fight back; I would most likely switch back to my old school. Things have changed with discrimination with blacks from whites.

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 12:07 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

I was a little surprised at how the people in the movie treated African Americans. The craziest part was that they were not far from the truth. My father was born in Alabama in 1955 when the whole racism was going on. Even though he was a boy he still saw racism everywhere. I would not have had the courage to do what Ernest did, I would be too fearful and I know I wouldn’t keep a cool head if hurtful terms were said towards me. T he little rock nine demonstrated no matter how young you are if you stand up for what you believe in, there just might be a change. And I’m very appreciative of that.

When I watched the movie, I was horrified at what the teenagers were going through. If I was put in their shoes, I think I wouldn't be able to "survive" at first, but yet grow stronger by the end of the year because I would already be used to it, and it would still hurt, but it wouldn't be as big of a surprise. However, I don't think I would have the courage to fight back, mainly because I'm more of a background person, not the main character. I think it was unfair that the blacks were treated so badly. What did they ever do wrong? I think that some things have changed, but a lot of whites still put more pressure on blacks to prove themselves good. Also, we still have blacks and whites, which makes us seem like to different things, sort of like a lion and a rabbit. It's really not true, the only thing that's different between whites and blacks is skin color.

Well, being African American it was sad to see how the children were treated. I had no idea how much hate people could have. I know that I would have never had the courage to what they did. I would have gone back to my original school after the first day because of the discrimination that the children were introduced to. I feel like I am very lucky to be a part of this generation where there isn’t as much hate. I know that racism is taught. You are not born to hate, in those days kids were so influenced by what they see their parents doing. Although you should carry on with your family’s religious beliefs, hate should not be passed on. Today we see these stories and cannot believe what kind of discrimination and hate is within people and now that everything is mixed, one person and their life isn’t more important that another’s. In Mr. Howards TCAP class we talked about the many kinds of discrimination that we have today and one of the main topics was special needs people. They are some of the most discriminated people in this generation. Racism towards black obviously still remains today and because things like this gets passed down from generation to generation it will probably always be around. I know that last year I got a racist letter through my locker and it really opened my eyes to how we need to except each other for how we are and know that just because you hurt someone verbally that it just makes them stronger and more knowledgeable.

I thought the movie was a sad but a good movie. Would I have the courage to be their friend? Yes, I would have. they have should not been treated that way because of their color. I would have been their friend and been there for them. Even if that meant for me to be treated that way I still would have treated them the way they need to be treated.

This movie was really sad because nobody should ever be treated as disgustingly as they were, weather you are black white pink or purple. If I were in that situation I would have stood up for the African Americans because the only thing different between whites and blacks are there color and nothing else. Today I think that discrimination has barely improved. We may not be discriminating towards color, however we discriminate against what your wear, how rich or poor you are, and how smart you are. I hope that when I am a grandma, all discrimination will be ended.

Article posted March 19, 2012 at 03:27 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

In their position, I would have had the courage to go on, but after the brother was beaten up I would have given up. I was a little shocked at the “equal but separated” thing that was happening, and how poorly the nine were treated. I would have continued until they stared to beat people up, but other than that I think I would have had the courage to continue. I have decent temper control, but if I had been beaten up I would have fought back. Then, I would have been expelled. I think those kids were very strong and helped break the barrier between black people and white people. Discrimination does still go on, but not on such a big scale. People get discriminated, maybe if they are crippled, or act weird. You get shut out.

Article posted March 15, 2012 at 03:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

I feel like I would have the will power to go to a school that was crole and mean, but I think I would not have the will power to finish out the school year because that one girl got tripped down those stairs and she could not do anything. I think that Ernest Green did the right thing and he change history by finishing high school at the all white school. The way things have change is that no one is judge by the color of skin, and there are no special schools that you go to because the color of your skin. I feel like there is nothing going on race problem in the rest of the world, but more of religion.

Article posted March 21, 2012 at 01:22 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

The movie about The Little Rock Nine really frustrated me. Just seeing the way people treated them angered me. It also was cool how they showed how brave they were, and what they went through. People were terribly cruel and it just keeps me in awe that people would try their hardest not to get black people in their school. People’s hatred scared me and I was terrified for The Little Rock Nine. I hope I would have been one of The Little Rock Nine but I can’t really know until I was put in that situation. If I were put in that situation and saw what was going on to me and the ones I loved, I have a feeling I would fight back. What really got me was how the teacher told Ernest that he had no reason for being absent. Of coarse he had a reason! People were trying to kill him! The teacher was just being unfair and annoying. Also, it frustrated me that the teachers would lie, like in the gym situation. A thing that has changed is racism. People now frown upon it and it is not expectable in our society. Another discrimination going on in the world today that I have noticed is that when there are disabled people, we think that they aren’t capable of a lot, that they are not equipped intelligently. In some cases this is true but sometimes, we don’t even give them a chance. The Ernest Green Story has really impacted my life.

The movie we watched was really sad because it really showes how judgemental we are of others. I dont think I could have done what Earnest Green did because it really showes how much he cares about others and not just himself.

Article posted April 9, 2012 at 01:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

Ernest Green was a very brave and couragous student. If I were Ernest Green I don't think I would have had the courage to do what he did. I think I would have gave up. There are lats of dicrimination in the world today. Not only by the color of your skin but by how much money you have or your age. Hopefully, there will be no more discrimination in the future.

Article posted March 14, 2012 at 03:16 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

If I was going to integrate I would not have the strength or even the courage to say I'm going to integrate into a white school. If I did have the courage to do even that I would come home every day crying because of whats happened. I don't know how Ernest Green did it but all I know is that he was very brave to do that. When I watched this movie I cried a lot because it was so sad and at the end I was happy because Ernest made it and he graduated and I was glad that he didn't give up even when he thought all hope was lost.

I think that this story taught me a lot of things. People shouldn't judge other people because of their skin color, what they wear, or if they're wealthy or not. If I were one of the Little Rock Nines, I would have stopped going to the school, or told a teacher to look over whenever I walked by and watch so they have proof. I would've gotten so mad. I would have had the courage to fight back. I don't like it when people judge me and I don't think they should judge anybody at all. I would've rather fought back and get expelled other than getting my feelings hurt everyday and having a hard time. Overall, I think that that wasn't a smart reason to segregate and treated them differently because it's not fair. I'm glad that things have changed now. Anyone can go to the same school and no one will judge anyone by their skin color. There are other instances of discrimination going on in the world. People judge other people because of disabilities, races, and etc.

When we watched Ernest Green I thought it was a touching story to me. What I would have done is ask them “Who do you think we’re talking to?’ those kids who thought they could do what they wanted to The Little Rock Nine. I think I would’ve had the courage to fight back, because I am a person who will not back away without a fight. I believe everybody should fight for their rights and no matter what anybody says to you doesn’t mean you don’t deserve to be treated like everybody else just because of the color of your skin or because of your religion. What I thought was that the things the Caucasian children were telling The Little Rock Nine was not okay, because if I were to have said that to someone from one of my old schools I know what would happen and that out come would not have been very pretty. So, the main thing I am trying to say is that the way they were speaking to The Little Rock Nine was not okay and will never be in my eyes. Things have changed today, because there isn’t as much racism today as there was during the time when segregation was going on in the schools as well as in the business world. Some things haven’t changed though, because some people are still racist against the blacks and that is not appreciated. I also do not approve of what the high school students said to The Little Rock Nine, because I am related to black people and that is not okay if someone insults someone all, because of their skin color. I will not tolerate it, because of who I am related to. I still believe that there are other instances of discrimination going on in the world today, because some people believe that anybody who is a Muslim is part of the Taliban all because of what happened on 9/11.

When we watched The Ernest Green Story I was amazed by how rude people were just because the color of someone’s skin. I also thought that it was amazing how much we have changed, in the United States, because that wasn’t that long ago. I mean my grandfather remembers when that was happening. If I was in that situation and I had a chance to go to that school I would have gone, hoping to get a better education. But I also wouldn’t have not lasted that long, because I would be too afraid from seeing what was going on around me to all the other students. I think things have definitely changed but you will always have those people who don’t know any better. There are also people who think people with a darker colored skin won’t be as good as a person with lighter skin. Also it might depend on what country you are in because that kind of stuff is still going on in other parts of the world. In the end I think that the United States has changed quite a bit from what it was not too long ago.

As I watched the Ernest Green movie it seemed… cruel and rude. The nine of them were treated as non-human; they were treated with a lot of disrespect. People treated the Little Rock Nine as if they were not welcome or not able to be at that school, even though it wasn't the people's decisions. Also, some people treated them nicely which made them feel a bit better. Those people gave a warm welcome and didn't mess around with them. Also, if I was Ernest, I would probably leave the school. I wouldn’t have the courage to stay at the school if I was being treated like that. Also, nowadays people are still racist, but not as bad as back then. Most of the racism now is mainly jokes and stereotypes.

Article posted March 15, 2012 at 01:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

My reaction to the movie is that why would anyone be racist and harm other people just because of their race? I think what the white people did was very wrong. I would have probably put in ear plugs when whites came to me. If that didn't work, I would've thrown my food at the bully. If that failed, I would've punched the guy in the face, as a last resort, even though it would've gotten me expelled. I would have the courage to continue because it takes a lot to get me mad. I would last a while. I think racism has gone down, but there are still some racists out there in the world. Things have changed a lot since the time of Ernest Green. There are mixed races in public, which is a good thing. Overall, the world is a better place, but not at its best.

It is truly appalling to me that humans would do that to one another. That situation must’ve taken a lot of courage to get through.  I cannot imagine having to go through something like that that every single day. Having a mob yell at you just for going to school had to have been scary. Receiving death threats and hearing all the discrimination was probably extremely difficult to deal with. Placed in the situation, I honestly don’t know what I would’ve done.  I don’t know if I would’ve had the courage to fight on. Granted, we all have a little courage, but none of us have the courage that was possessed by The Little Rock Nine. Every day of their life was a battle. And yet, they did not hate others for it, but merely accepted it and kept trudging forward.

There is still some discrimination today with people from the Middle East. Most people think of them as terrorists when really, not a lot of them are. I honestly think a person is a person no matter how different they are or even where they come from.

If I had to ever face that my reaction would be to cry because its pretty much like being bullied and people can say hurtful things. I would have never been able to go to that school if that kept happening to me. In the world today things have changed a lot since then because you don’t see as many people being as mean as them and kids of any color can go to places they want.

It's sad how cruel the world can be. Just because someone is different, it doesn't make them any less of a human being. Ernest "Ernie" Green tried to tell the world this when he graduated from an all-white school. People around the world watched as he, and fellow African-American students, were bullied in high school just because of their heritage. They did nothing at all, yet everyone hated them. It is nice to know that this discrimination has gone away over the years, but it is sad how cruel we used to be. What we could take away from watching the Little Rock 9 is that no matter what color your skin is, or what is in your heritage, you can make a difference.

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 01:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

Honestly, I was horrified. The very thought that these white people would hurt, threaten, and even wish to kill the Little Rock Nine just because they look different is outrageous. It is scary that Americans would be so insensitive. I would not have had the guts to do what the Little Rock Nine did. I would have no courage when faced with the problems they faced. I think that the Little Rock Nine had a lot of guts to be the first to integrate. Even with mobs of dangerous people, they kept on going through the hardships. I admire the Little Rock Nine for their courage, and I wish I could be as courageous as they are.

I thought that the whole segregation thing was not fair. If I was in the position that Ernest Green and his friends were in I would have probably had the courage to go to the "white" school and stand up for my race. I would have the courage to continue on and fight for what is right. I would have probably stand up for myself and not get bullied as much and they did. I would try to make friends with the nice people.

Things have changed alot in the world, but there is still racism today. Every public school now accepts people to join no matter what race or color they are. Poeple in the world are also getting picked on because of how rich or poor they are and how they look or how smart they are.

My reaction to the story was that it was very harsh. If I were in that situation I would have quit or gotten into a fight on the first day. I would not have had the courage to do that because I don’t like someone being able to do something I can’t. Things have changed a lot because we don't use our own military to stop different races from going somewhere. There is still a lot of discrimination going on today.